Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
[Continued from "Solitude" in the North Tower]

Isabella ran down the steps of the North Tower, fleeing from Brian, Laura, and especially Aiden. Of all the people to see her crying, it had to be him. She hugged herself as the cold wrapped around her while she was outside and slowed down now that she didn't think Aiden would see her in the dark, though her crying would probably give her away. She shivered as she walked around aimlessly, not wanting to go back into the castle for fear of running into anyone else. She saw the lake and it reminded her of Theo too much so she walked passed it. Spotting the Garden, Isabella stopped. She'd always wanted to go there, and hadn't before so she figured late at night no one would be there. Still sniffling, she walked in and sat on a bench deep into the Garden, drawing her knees up to her body again.

Aiden ran after Bella not sure where she was going, Aiden quickly took his wand out and muttered, "Lumos." Aiden didn't see her but he heard her and ran down to the Great Hall and followed the sounds of rushed foot steps outside of the castle. Aiden looked outside hesitantly, it was cold and he didn't want to get caught out after cerfew again as he didn't appreciate cleaning the owlrey, muggle style.
Aiden followed visible footsteps in the snow that led him to the Garden and he walked into the Garden only to see Bella, hugging her knees and crying. Aiden sighed, not actually realizing how out of breath he was from running all that way. Aiden zipped up his hoodie and walked towards Bella cautiously and said, "Bells? Whats wrong?"

Isabella continued hugging herself trying to warm herself up and thought she heard someone coming but chose to ignore it. She buried her head in her knees trying to clear her thoughts until she saw a faint light, probably from a wand, and heard that all-too-familiar voice now. Bella inhaled quickly and hoped he didn't hear. She picked up her head and rested it on her knees. Still not looking at him she mumbled, "Go away Aiden." She wiped away all the tears running down her face as fast as she could.

Aiden looked at Bella and slowly walked over to her not listening to her request and said softly, "Bella what did I do?" Aiden cautiously took a seat across from her and lowered his wand but with the light coming from it he was still able to see her tear ridden face.

Bella saw Aiden sit next to her and she continued wiping her tears away while sniffling. God I must look horrible! she thought then mentally rolling her eyes.
She glanced at Aiden and looked away, down at the snow. "You didn't do anything Aiden," she said softly. Thoughts of Theo, Henri, and Alyssa kept running through her head as she tried to make sense of things. "It's just the fight you know," she mumbled, lying again. She found herself constantly lying to Aiden all the time now, she was good at lying, but for some reason she was terrible at lying to him.

Aiden read through her lies with ease and said, "Bells, you really don't have to lie to me, I wont tell anyone anything, you can believe that." Aiden looked into Bella's eyes hoping she would try to be honest with him, even just a little bit. "What did you figure out?" Aiden asked softly.

Bella smiled weakly as he, yet again, figured out she was lying. She looked up into his eyes for the first time since the "realization" and gulped. "I don't know exactly," she said. That was the truth. She knew she was jealous, but of what, or of who? "I can't explain how I feel," she said quietly, "because I don't know how I feel..." She had been looking into his eyes without realizing it, then looked down and fiddled with her sweater sleeve.

Aiden listened and gave her a small smile and nodded his head softly. Aiden looked into Bella's eyes and asked softly, "Do you need me to do anything Bells?"

Isabella looked up at him again, this time with a puzzled look. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Well you're not," Isabella joked, half smiling. Wow what a difference from earlier. What could he do? she thought sarcastically. Stop rubbing it in her face that he and Alyssa were a couple, and that bella and Theo weren't. Stop being Prince Charming, stop kissing Alyssa in front of her. Stop ruining her life. Then Bella thought of the perfect thing to say!
She sighed and looked away towards the garden. She was a little disappointed that it was winter so the flowers weren't out. She cleared her throat and gave her best convincing voice as she lied, "I'm jealous...That you're taking my best friend."

Aiden chuckled lighty and smiled as she cleared her throat and then his smiled faded a little and said, "Hey Bella, I will never do that, not sure if Aly would ever let me do that anyways..." Aiden gave her a small smile as he tried to use comic relief then went back to his serious and understanding tone, "You have absolutly nothing to be jealous of, I like Aly a lot but we are only twelve and I understand that friendship is more important and Aly and I aren't dating okay, so you really have nothing at all to be jealous of." Aiden wrapped his arm around her shoulder giving her a small squeeze, as if he was hugging her then he looked at her and gave her a small smile.

Isabella smiled as Aiden assured her she'd still have her best friend. It was true Isabella did worry Alyssa would spend all her time with Aiden now, but something in her mind still wasn't settled. She tried to shake if off as Aiden gave her a hug but instead it made her think something was still off more. She shivered as he hugged her, not from the cold, since she had gotten used to it, but she couldn't figure out why. She shook it off and smiled back at him. Her head was pounding from all the yelling, fighting, and crying she'd done that day. "Of all the people to see me crying," she said quietly, half smiling.

Aiden felt Bella shiver and he immediatly raised his arm from her then slowly put it at his side and frowned slightly unsure if he had gone to far. Then Aiden gave her a puzzled look when she said, "Of all the people to see me crying," Aiden quickly said, "Huh?"

Bella felt Aiden release her from his hug and she shivered again, this time because she really was cold. His body had provided more heat for her and now the area where his arm had been was now cold. Isabella rolled her eyes internally at herself and told herself to suck it up. "Nothing," Bella said half smirking. "It's just, you were always the last person I wanted to think I was weak," she said shrugging, not understanding why really.

Isabella shrugged. "I don't know, typical Gryffindor/Slytherin rivalry I guess," she explained, saying the first lie that came into her head. She was afraid to even admit the truth to herself!

Aiden once again read through her lie and then gave her a look that said, 'I know your lying.' Aiden said, "I really don't believe thats the truth as you and Anna are great friends."

Isabella knew he could tell she was lying and she cursed herself on the inside. "Well...that's because Annamarie doesn't play Quidditch!" she said, trying to find any excuse to make her lie valid. She was quickly running out of lies to say, Stupid Aiden, she thought half-bitterly while giving her best innocent smile at him.

"Oh your wrong again she's going for Chaser." Aiden said with a raised eyebrow and said, "She's quite good. So are you going to tell me the truth or do I have to guess through your lies?" Aiden gave her a small smile at this, unsure of what else he really could say.

Isabella's eyes lit up as he told her Annamarie was trying out for Chaser. "Wow, I really didn't know that," she said quietly. "I must ask her about it next time."
Then Aiden asked for the truth and she said, "Well seeing as I'm never going to tell you, you might as well beat your brains out trying," she said smirking. Though inside she was squirming, hoping he never found out the truth! Isabella herself was even afraid to think it, let alone say it!

Aiden shrugged dismissivly and said, "Can't win them all can I?" Aiden paused the quickly joked, "Is it my good looks and amazing charms?" Aiden chuckled lightly as he said this.

Isabella made sure to subtly avoid his gaze as he said that and she punched his arm lightly. "No!" and stuck out her tongue. "Why do you want to know so badly?" she asked.

"Hey...use your words." Aiden joked as he playfully rubbed his arm where she punched him, as if he was actually in pain. "Hmm...not sure, maybe its because I'm curious I mean, I consider you my friend, and I like it when my friends are happy, you know...they don't yell at me so much..." Aiden joked lightly.

"Oh so now we're friends?" Isabella chuckled. "Back at the top of the tower we weren't," she taunted, though inside she was filling with happiness. She smiled up at him and then said, "I'll stop yelling at you from now on, you stupid chivalrous Gryffindor!" she teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back