Confrontation

Arnost continued to watch her every move, like a serpent about to attack its prey. Though he would not bring any amount of harm to Thorine, not unless it was in self defense. No matter how influenced he may be, he would still put up a deadly fight, and not think twice about the curses he would use. He fell into a silence, shifting his posture stiffly, his black robes fluttering around his ankles. His blonde hair continued to look sleek back, as it was rare to see him without a tie in it. He softly tapped his finger upon his arm, which remained locked and folded on his chest.

Nodding softly, he listened to every word she spoke, repeating it in his mind to receive the full meaning. It was something he was raised to do, to catch any hidden messages, which he doubted that he would find. Though he did not know much about pregnancy, and how women felt, all he knew was their moods were out of whack. Arnost mused, "It would be an honor to be in our child's life." Such a splendid blood combination. And the baby already having this affect on them both. It was powerful, and new the future would be grand.

Arnost approached Thorine, hardly making a sound as he did so. He unfolded his arms, and his right hand gently touched hers that rested upon her stomach. Arnost murmured, "I have chosen to stay here, Thorine." Though Arnost was completely unaware of the other child she possessed. Though it would not matter to him, either way.

Thorine watched him approach her and something within her wanted to step back, this she knew were her ridiculous hormones. She stood her ground watching him wearily as he unfolded his arms. He had already said it would be an honor to be in the child's life but now what was he about?

Amazed to see him outstretch his hand and place it on her own over her stomach, Thorine kept her gaze on their hands first before looking up into his face. His words sent a thrill through her and as if she knew what was coming, she moved her hands slightly so that his right hand was now on her stomach and her own were placed over his. The baby within moved almost as if she too had heard her fathers words. Thorine looked up into his face, he had stunned her. Purely amazed her with his actions, she did not know if it were simply her hormones now or if she meant to but she leaned her face forward. Her blonde hair toppled from the loose tie that held it and fell about her face, softening her features even more. She touched his lips tenderly with her own, knowing that the last time they had kissed there had been nothing gentle about it.

Arnost wondered when he could ever feel the baby's movement. Such a vixen, doing this to the both of them. Morphing the murderous Death Eaters into more gentle creatures. Arnost wondered if the baby would affect Asparuh in the same manner, but he honestly doubted it. Perhaps when she was old enough to have an affect upon him. No child has tamed Asparuh, except for possibly Hadan, and perhaps no child ever will. The moment now, where her hands were over his own, he glanced to Thorine's face, and into her eyes.

Arnost froze on the spot, when she leaned forward. The man did not move, as if he were tied to the ground, and unable to get away, though half of him did not wish to. The kiss was gentle, and it surprised him. Though something else that shocked him was that he returned the kiss just as gently. The last time, it was rather...forceful, for lack of better word. Arnost gently pulled away, and he muttered, "Well..." He was left speechless. Apparently, he was staying, and he just kissed the mother of his daughter. The man chuckled softly and smirked, "I take that you are happy with my decision." It had to be the hormones doing this to them. He could not see it as any other way possible.

He kissed her back, she could feel the gentle pressure of his own mouth on hers and was swept away on a tidal high. The euphoria within her seemed to know no limits, the baby stopped moving as soon as their mouths touched. Almost as if she had willed it to be so.
Thorine pulled slowly away when he did and opening her eyes slowly saw the smirk. At his words she could only grin herself, she moved her hands from her stomach and stepping back nodded her head.

"I think perhaps we need to be very careful Arnost. Our displays of affection might 'upset' others who perhaps are not as infatuated with our baby as we are" she inhaled deeply, her green eyes danced with amusement as she turned to survey her room. It was certainly more than adequate for two.

"If you are staying, will you need your own room or ..." she left her sentence unfinished suddenly feeling like a very young and innocent woman.

Arnost folded his arms across his chest, and nodded. She was right. Asparuh would tear his head clean off if he walked in on him displaying affection. Asparuh viewed it as a weakness, and usually, Arnost as well. "I believe you are right... I can personally name a few." Arnost shook his head solemnly. This was something he did not completely understand himself, the attraction for lack of better word for Thorine because of the baby. He couldn't put them at risk, for his carelessness. Not when it came to his own flesh and blood.

The next question, though unfinished, rendered him speechless for a moment. After a moment of thinking, he shook his head, "I believe my own room would be more appropriate. Also with my sleep hours, I am more nocturnal than anything, and I would disturb your sleeping from time to time, for I spend my nights reading." Or he spent his nights out, being the Death Eater assassin he was, only to return at dawn. He needed not to wake her, especially when she owned her own business.

"That is okay with you, isn't it?"

Thorine nodded her head, he was willing to stay and see her through this awful time. She knew many were usually delirious with being pregnant but it was not in her nature to be delirious about anything other than a kill or some divine torture. This particular pregnancy was draining her of anything remotely resembling her true nature, she feared she might at some point have to hide herself away so that her colleagues on the DE would not see such humanitarian dribble from her.
But alone here with Arnost it was different and she did not overly mind the contact they shared or the bond that held them now.
"That is perfectly fine with me Arnost, this baby does not let me sleep well at night. I certainly would not want to be the cause of your sleepless nights as well" she began to leave the room, "Come there is another master suite further down the hall, it shall be yours".
The chamber that she was about to show him was amply furnished with luxurious hangings and drapes, all in deep blues. A large four poster bed and open hearth drew the eye immediately to them as one entered and to the right of the bed was a walk in closet while to the left was a door to a small office. Beside the fireplace was another door and this one led to an en-suite bathroom.

Arnost did not really like the bond that he had with Thorine. It was bizarre, foreign to him. He knew not how to act. He went by instincts, something he rarely did as well. It was almost absurd. However, he was determined to see Thorine through this all affair. Arnost shook his head, "You most certainly will not be. I tend to sleep through the day." Arnost knew his schedule was rather off. Then again, a lot about this man was off.

Arnost followed Thorine down the hall, and realized that he will have to travel back to Bulgaria sometimes to retrieve his necessities. How long he would be here, he did not know. Just until she did not need anymore assistance. Arnost nodded, "I'm sure it is as wondrous as this home of yours. Probably nothing like my bedroom back at the Zhefarovich Manor." Arnost's bedroom was black, eerie. No doubt that this one will be all fancy. Not like Arnost cared. He wasn't a person of interior decor. That was someone else's job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back