Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 17" Core of Crow's Feathers and Poplar 16 1/2" Core of Basilisk's Fang
Asparuh paced the room where he and Arnost had their 'talk' though Asparuh did a bit more than simply talking. Arnost was in his bedroom, asleep. Asparuh lifted the charm that would allow Arnost out of the house, and he went over the plan to confront the woman on his developing neice or nephew. Arnost could not be trusted to get the job done, fearing that he would be either seduced again, or be trapped there like Tristan was. Though Asparuh doubted that Thorine would pull of that trick again, and Arnost wasn't very reliable when it came to families.

Asparuh had the plan together, and kept his blood from boiling, and his facial expression all the same. He grabbed his cloak, and slipped it around his robes. He turned on the spot, and apparated. His soulless black eyes gazed around the room of Carrow Hall. Asparuh found himself in the corner of Thorine's bedroom. He had not expected to end up in her bedroom, but alas, there the tall woman was. Pacing. Asparuh stared at her for a moment, before folding his arms across his chest. Something kept him from exploding on her, and he shocked himself with how much self control he had in this situation. Instead of announcing his presence, he fell silent.

Thorine was now over the first trimester and was positively glowing, pregnancy suited her. It softened her otherwise chiseled porcelain features, gave her blonde hair such a lustrous sheen and her skin a healthy glow. Unlike Christian she had not experienced any morning sickness whatsoever and had been delighted with this small mercy. There were times though when she was simply exhausted and hated the fact that she had to go and actually sleep during the day. Today however she was not concerned about the baby as she paced the floor of her bedroom, she had just received an owl from the ministry in England. At first she had been literally afraid to open it and discover that her mother or uncle had also perished in Azkaban but it was worse. The appeal she had begun on behalf of her mother when she had been in England sorting her grandfathers burial out, had been turned down.
The promise of an early parole had seemed so likely but now it had been retracted. She was to wallow there till the end of her days.

Thorine didn't know which emotion to express, she seemed to be feeling them all from rage to hatred to longing to fear and all for a mother she had not seen since she was very young. She was aware of the person apparating into her room but as none of her charmed alarms went off she also knew it was a DE. Her pale blue gown flowing out behind her, her green eyes glistening and her long blonde hair splayed out over her shoulders Thorine looked nothing like a DE and everything like a beautiful woman as she turned expecting to see Arnost and discovering his brother instead.
"Asparuh?" she was momentary dazed at seeing him in her bedchamber but quickly attempted to regain some semblence of composure, "What are you..."
but she knew before she went any further. With a sigh she sat on the chaise lounge at the end of her large bed the letter from the ministry in her hand still.
"Can we do this another time ...please?"

Asparuh wondered if it was the pregnancy that made Thorine look so different. Unlike Arnost, Asparuh found no attraction to the woman. However, he was unsure of what to say. Asparuh raised an eyebrow at her, and wondered if she would prefer Arnost for company. However, that must wait, he must speak with her now or else he would surely lose it. Though he was not the father of the child, he had a say in everything to do with his family. Though the woman might not appreciate that, however, that was the way it was when it came to the Zhefarovich family.

Asparuh was alarmed by her words. He shook his head, "I'm afraid not. As you are now a member of this family..." he trailed off. He approached her cautiously, and examined her facial expression, and her stature. Asparuh was never one to comfort another, but did rarely. He narrowed his eyes, and spoke softly, "Perhaps there is a matter bothering you... Would it be out of my place to inquire of what it is about?" Asparuh knew that he would have to wait to demand about her actions. In her state of pregnancy, he could not allow anything wrong to happen with the child, even though he hated the fact that it was conceived in the first place.

The fact that a man of Asparuh's stature would think she needed any sort of comfort annoyed her. He had said she was now a member of his family and this too annoyed her greatly. Tossing the infernal letter back on the chaise lounge as she stood up and walked to the large bay window that over looked the beautiful landscaped gardens Thorine contained the frustrated sigh that was bursting to escape her. Instead she bade her time, calmed herself before speaking to him. She may be a mother and she may be pregnant but she was and always would be first a DE. Turning to face him she wanted him to understand that fact above any other.

"No Asparuh you are wrong. I am not a member of your family, as brilliant as it is. I am and will always be a Dolohov and Carrow. It is this child you speak of" her hands went to her still flat stomach as her green eyes looked at him.
"We are not tied to one another in any other way than the flesh that grows within me. It may have been a mistake but this child will grow proud and strong, knowing it's proud heritage from both sides."

Her voice had been calm the entire time though she once again felt utterly exhausted. Turning back to the window, her right hand went to hold the window seat for support.
"There is only one thing bothering me right now and that is the infernal ministry of magic that is run by Neanderthals. They have denied my mother her last chance at an appeal, she will now remain in Azkaban until she dies there. She will never see daylight again."

Thorine's other hand reached to hold onto something but finding nothing there, she turned and sat down on the window seat. The business just days earlier with Tristan had taken it's toll and now this news as well, all were adding to her stress and both Goia and her midwife had warned her about this. Her insulin levels or some such nonsense would become lethally high or worse again, she was in danger of a condition the muggles apparently termed toxima. Apparently, there was no cure other than bed rest for this one and Thorine was determined not to suffer this. She had never begged in her life and as much as she would love to show Asparuh the respect he deserved and the talk she knew he felt was his right as patriarch of his family, Thorine needed to deny him. She was unable to, exhausted beyond anything she had ever known before.
"Please Asparuh, another time".

"True, perhaps I should have worded my words correctly." Asparuh responded coolly. His eyes never left the woman, but his hands curled into fists. It wasn't often a woman would speak to him in such a manner. Those who did were dead. Asparuh did his best to remain calm, which was hanging by a thread at this moment. His eyes glared at her maliciously. However, his expression changed when he heard about the Ministry. Rolling his eyes and he muttered darkly, "Figures the Ministry would do such a thing. Would destroy them myself if I were just a bit younger."

Asparuh released a sigh, and he shook his head. He mumbled, "I'm no good at this situation." He stood his place, resisting the urge to pull out his wand and use spells against her out of his anger. Alas, he managed to miraculously remain calm. His slender hand touched his forehead as he began to receive a headache. All reasons why were the human other than him in this room. He closed his eyes for a moment, and he moved his hand.

Asparuh said through gritted teeth, his eyes opened, "I came here to set things straight, to demand why you would even try... But apparently, I won't be doing that, but something else." Asparuh removed his hand from his head, and he said softly, "Thorine, you have to get to bed. Obviously you are too tired and stressed to deal with these matters. And if you won't, then I will have no other choice than to bring Arnost here and maybe he can talk you into resting." Asparuh would not leave until he saw his comrade resting before she wound up hurting herself.

Thorine felt the hair on the back of her neck rise and knew she had to calm herself for the child's sake at least but she couldn't. She wanted to know what he had meant and she would have him tell her. If it weren't now for this infernal exhaustion she would most certainly be more mindful of who she was speaking to, indeed she would be so much more respectful as well but her hormones were on a knife edge and exhaustion alone was pushing her to behave as she would normally have not.

"Demand it of me. Why I would try what Asparuh? Do you think I set out to seduce your brother? Is that it?" she did not need her powers to deduce that much, it seemed every day that passed the baby in her womb affected her more and more. Her intuition was heightened considerably and she knew that the great man, a close friend of her grandfathers sincerely thought she had led his brother astray.

She ignored all other remarks about bed rest and the ministry now. She would clear her name, her families name.
"I have nothing but respect for your family" Thorine wavered, her body seemed to sway slightly, "It was nothing but a.. a moment" her hand rose to her head and once again she sat down as her other hand went now to her stomach.
"I am not guilty of seducing him. I would not know how. It was simply an act born out of our own frustration, the lack of a kill that night had us both ..."
Her words faltered and only one other was whispered.
"Goia".

"Enough of that talk!" Asparuh said sternly. "I know the story, heard it from Arnost's mouth, and..." Asparuh trailed off. He murmured, "Perhaps I am overreacting and getting a little ahead of myself." Asparuh shook his head, and his hand went back to his head. He sighed, "But I will be keeping an eye on you, Thorine. That is all that you need to know." Asparuh glowered down at her. And narrowed his eyes. Asparuh resumed his stance, and shook his head at Thorine. He was disappointed, he that written on his face. It was hard to disappoint this man, but indeed she had done it.

Asparuh said, "Thorine, I won't say it again. You need to get some rest. Your condition is..." Asparuh had dealt with this many a times in his life, knew that the woman's hormones were out of order. Liyla was a nightmare to deal with. She often attacked, with which Asparuh had to as well, almost killing the children inside her. He heard the whisper, and assumed that it was her house elf. Asparuh pointed to the bed and said softly, "Get to bed, Thorine..." Asparuh turned his body to face the doorway. The house elf surely would be here soon enough. He would go fetch Arnost once the house elf would be here to watch after the woman.

Thorine looked at him through heavy slitted eyes. Right now she wanted him so far from her and yet she also wanted him to stay, needed him to. It was crazy but any human contact at this moment was essential. She didn't know why but she felt the overpowering need to simply be held, to be comforted, to be told the baby was alright. Her rational side was trying to beat its way in there and tell her not to be so stupid. She wanted Arnost not Asparuh here. At least Arnost might offer her some sort of comfort. She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again. Obviously if Asparuh knew then Arnost knew as well.

"How...how did he take the news?" she had wanted to tell him herself, "I had a letter already infact".
She indicated the writing bureau in the corner of her room with a sealed envelope addressed to Arnost.
"The letter wasn't to tell him the news just to let him know that I had wanted a meeting. That seems redundant now" she stood up once more and walked to the bureau passing Asparuh as she did so.
"I will be fine Asparuh, this baby seems to drain every ounce of my will, my energy but I am otherwise fine".

Goia heard the whisper as if she had been right beside him, gently he placed Christian in his cot and apparated outside her room. Timidly he knocked, hearing voices he waited instead a moment but when none told him to enter he did so anyway. His mistress had called him and she was surely not herself at this time. As he opened the door he saw a man standing there and bowed to him before moving to his mistress. She was at her bureau but looked pale and distraught.
"Mistress your midwife bade you sleep at this hour, you need to rest" this particular baby seemed like a leech, sucking and draining everything that Thorine was.
"If you do not obey you will be put to bed rest and you know how strong healers magic is in those incidents. Please mistress, for your sake... and the babies" until he saw the baby himself and had formed some kind of attachment, it was all his mistress that he cared about.

Asparuh answered, "He took the news rather pleasantly, due that we found out at the exact same time. Just shocked." Asparuh shook his head, and glanced down at the house elf. At least the house elf did have some sense, where as his did not. Asparuh muttered, "All the more reason for you to rest." He rolled his eyes and thought harshly, This woman is being much more difficult than my late wife or Liyla. At least she doesn't throw things. Asparuh released a sigh. He said, "Thorine, I'm going to get Arnost, because I'm not the person capable of...this."

Asparuh apparated to the Zhefarovich Manor, outside of his brother's room. He opened the door, and saw Arnost sitting on his bed, fully dressed in attire that matched Asparuh's own. Asparuh approached him, and without a greeting, said, "You are coming with me." He yanked his brother off the bed, and apparated back to Carrow Hall. Asparuh glanced around, seeing that he was still in the bedroom of Thorine's. He suppressed a shudder, he fell silent. Asparuh removed his hand off Arnost's shoulder, and folded his arms across his chest and watched the scene from where he was at.

Arnost was lost in thought, couldn't believe that he was having another child. And with a beautiful woman. One he did not love, for he had never grown to love. Arnost was proud to have a pureblood child, and he smiled faintly to himself. Only to have it wiped off when he glanced up to see Asparuh there. Before he could say anything, Asparuh had yanked him on his feet, and apparated. Arnost growled, before taking a look around the place, "What is the meaning of..." He faded off and took a look around. He turned and saw the woman carrying his child.

Speechless, Arnost saw that she was pale. Something was wrong, and unlike his twin brother, Arnost possessed a side to him, one that did not show very often, that could comfort someone. Though that did not take away how heartless he could be as well. Arnost approached Thorine, and did not bring himself to touch her physically. He uttered, "Thorine... I think you need to lay down." He glanced over at his twin, looking like a statue as always. Arnost's expression was still cold and blank. "For the sake of the unborn child."

Thorine actually felt relief when he told her that Arnost has accepted the news 'pleasantly' she turned to look at him with a slight furrow to her brow.
"Arnost was pleasant?" this was stranger than anything else she could imagine, good to hear in her condition but very strange considering who it was they were talking about. Within moments he apparated and Thorine relaxed a little.
"Goia, fetch me some water" she told him and within seconds he was gone and back again with the very beverage she had requested. She sipped at it at first but then as the thirst overpowered her, she gulped the cooling liquid back. Passing the empty glass to him, she smiled as he merely clicked his fingers and dismissed it.

"Mistress you need to rest now" he picked up the letter and folding it neatly placed it on the writing desk before going back to her side, "he may return" he told her walking to the side of the bed and frowning he clicked his fingers once more. The bed linen pulled itself back preparing to allow her to enter its comfortable folds but still she remained unmoving.

When Thorine heard the slight crackling noise she turned to see both brothers in her bedroom and would normally have laughed at such a happen stance but in this instance, held off. Instead, it was as if the babe inside her recognised its father and was soothed considerably, even Thorine felt more relaxed having him here.
He came close to her but did not touch her and yet his voice alone gave her a strange sense of comfort.
"Alright Arnost" it was as simple as that in her eyes now, he asked and she obeyed. She stood up and walked to the side of the bed that had already been pulled down for her, when she realised she was dressed in day clothes and not bed clothes. She couldn't very well change infront of these two. She looked at Goia who seemed to understand and clicked his fingers accordingly. A tall Japanese styled changing wall appeared and for a moment she went behind it. It took her longer than normal to change but eventually she stepped out in a respectable looking nightgown and climbed wearily into the bed.

Goia clicked his fingers once more and the changing wall disappeared. A fresh glass of water appeared by her bedside as well.
"I am going to summon your midwife" he told her bowing once more to the men but giving Arnost a deeper more respectful bow as he left the room.

"Are you happy now?" she held out her hand to Arnost feeling so ridiculously hormonal and human that it actually scared her for the first time in her life. The woman who as a girl had been tortured relentlessly by her grandmother in the name of training, felt disgust now at the fact that the baby within her could make her feel so utterly different, want her to need and want human comfort and not just any humans but the babies own father.

Arnost swelled with pride when Thorine finally gave in. Probably something Asparuh could never do, and this made Arnost smirk. He turned his head respectfully when she changed behind that changing wall, as did Asparuh. Goia bowing to him more respectfully than his brother made him smirk even more. Though the smirk faded when she reached out to him. This shocked Arnost quite a bit, and thought that she wasn't the type to go for comfort.

The man took her hand in his own, and went to sit on the bed next to Thorine. Arnost glanced down at her stomach, and he murmured, "I must apologise for your and my baby for draining you like this." The baby itself seemed to have brought out the more human side to Thorine, and it seemed to be affecting him as well. He was not raised to comfort or be comforted, but to be more or less a killer. Something that Asparuh had taught him to do, for it was his brother that taught him everything he knew. Except for this.

Arnost was unknown of what he would do next, except just sit here and stare at the mother of his child.

Thorine actually smiled at him, her features seemed to glow even more now. Her eyelids were heavy but she felt satiated with his hand in hers.
"There is no need to apologise for this little one, the baby is just powerful already" she told him, "it is I who must apologise. This is not who I am"
she looked down at her hand in his before looking back in his haunting eyes, she was proud to carry his baby. Felt it was a privilege and welcomed any pain or exhaustion she felt in the process.
"I am strong and healthy, so our baby will be fine. I promise you that" she wanted to touch him, felt the strongest impulse to nestle in his arms and be rocked to sleep but she knew this was simply the baby within her making her crave such common human things but were they common. The baby was after all a pureblood? She looked up at him and smiled once more. She was having his baby and he was not angry with her but she had to make sure. As much as she had believed his brother, she simply had to make sure.

"Are you very angry with me? For this?" her free hand gently touched her stomach, even her voice sounded so much more gentle than normal. She felt the tiniest of flutterings inside her and smiled broadly, taking the hand she held and placing it on her stomach.
"Our baby is moving. I think he or she knows you are here and is happy to know you".

Arnost managed a small smile as well, though it made him look strange and somehow softer than he would otherwise, rather than the smirk he carried that made him look devious and appealing. Arnost chuckled softly, "I'm not surprised. Look at the bloodlines." Arnost nodded, and knew that he himself was acting odd. The baby had an affect on him though he wasn't even the one carrying it. Arnost mused, "You must not feel the need to apologise. For both of us aren't acting like our usual selves." The words were true, it seemed.

Arnost shook his head, "Of course not." He was astounded by the idea of that coursing through her head, him being angry with her when he put her through this. The baby was more of a blessing than a mistake, as Asparuh thought it was. Which proved how heartless the Zhefarovich family could be. Asparuh was the perfect picture, perfect 'paragon' for the Zhefarovich family. Even Ivaylo was impressed. Or rather, the portrait of the most respected man aside from Asparuh in the family.

He allowed her to rest his hand upon her stomach, and he grinned, "I'm happy to know...him or her as well. Is there any way to tell if the child is a boy or a girl yet?" Arnost was curious. He already had a son. He would be proud if he had a daughter.

Thorine lay her head back on the pillow her hand still covering his as sleep slowly began to take her prisoner.
"We both agree that the baby is a girl, though it will be another month before Goia is absolutely certain" her eyelids began to close and her voice was thick now with beckoning slumber.

"Will you stay?" she had not forgotten the letter about her mother but she was so ridiculously tired, wanted nothing more now than for sleep to hurry up and claim her. She felt content, actual contentment that her babies father had come to her side. Perhaps he would be a better father than what Tristan had ever been. Her eyes opened once more as she gazed at him, a hand very gently moved to his face and brushed ever so lightly against his cheek. A tenderness that even she didn't know she possessed, this baby was either crippling Thorines very basic nature or was already maniuplating her parents from the womb.

"Thank you..." she whispered as her hand slipped down and rested on her stomach once more, "for our baby".
She could no longer fight it and with those last words, her eyelids shut and sleep consumed her.

Goia looked on amazed that his mistress seemed to obey this particular man when she had no other. His shrivelled body moved over to her bedside as he dropped the small seed pod into her glass of water, it was merely a small tonic that would boost her immune system when she awoke. Refreshing her but also giving her the vital extra nutrients she needed as she carried this child. Unlike his young master, this particular baby seemed to be draining Mistress Dolohov of every ounce of her strength and filling her instead with warmth and emotion, nice thoughts and pleasant persuasions.
Considering what stock the baby originated from, Goia was perplexed he thought if anything the baby would be giving her hell. Kicking her to ribbons, making her violently ill as Christian had but everything about this pregnancy was so very different. His eyes opened wide as he heard her thank him for their baby. His mistress was thanking him! Goia stood in awe of the man and more importantly in awe of the baby she carried, though he would never openly admit this yet.

"I will take good care of her" he bowed again to Arnost Zhefarovich, "She is right. We both do agree it is a girl that grows inside her. Mistress says she is a sly one, creeping up on her and stealing her anger and frustration and replacing it with more temperate moods. A vixen" he nodded his head as he tucked the bed linen in around his mistress making sure she was completely comfortable.
"Would you care for anything... master?" he had never called another man other than the male Dolohov offspring this but there was no other word for the man who it would seem had tamed his mistress.

Arnost grinned faintly, the news of it possibly being a girl. He saw how tired she was. The baby inside her was draining her, something he had never seen in his life. He was astounded and amazed on the affect it was putting on her, and on himself. It intrigued him to say the least, and wondered if this side of him was the Nozhetvakas blood in him, a respectable though not very known for their deeds, from his mother's side. Though his mother was a scare, her family was not. Perhaps that was where this all was coming from.

The Zhefarovich family was ruthless, murderous, and vicious, and the Nozhetvakas were noble, very clean, and sneaky. A pleasant and suitable match, and from the two twins born, made two extremely destructive Death Eaters to walk the planet. Arnost stared at her in alarm once more. Stay? Though that had never crossed his mind, he turned his head to look at his brother, who was infuriated. The statue of Arnost's brother apparated out, and Arnost felt a wave of relief, almost if the temperature of the room had increased just by the departure of his brother. Arnost breathed, "I'll stay as long as she needs me..."

Even the touch was gentle, so unlike her. Though neither of them were acting like themselves, so he was not perturbed by this. Arnost turned his gaze to the elf, and placed his hands in his lap, as Thorine slept. "Seems like the child is having an affect on me as well. So peculiar... Never have I been so intrigued about this situation." Arnost flexed his hand, allowing the blood to course through his hand once more. Arnost shook his head and replied softly, "No, I would not." Arnost had to admit, he was impressed with the loyalty of the house elf, Goia. Arnost inquired from the house elf, however, "When she awakens, do you think that she will be relieved to see that I have stayed, or annoyed? I am afraid I don't know much about your Mistress."

Goia inclined his head as the man spoke, a different breed and class of gentleman and wizard than the Drage man by far. He could not wait to go to the gallery and speak to Antonin and Rosemerta about these events. They would be intrigued without a doubt that the infamous Arnost Zhefarovich was as perplexed, besotted and truly as fascinated by this pregnancy as the mistress was. Slowly and quietly he went about the chamber clicking his fingers here and there as he tidied up, closed the large drapes so that the sunlight would not wake her and then went to the writing desk to straighten up the paper work there. He saw the letter and knew that this was what had triggered her stress today. A frown creased his already ancient features, he would have to tell Antonin this news of his daughter-in-law as well.

The master spoke to him once more, Goia wiped his hands on his greyish toga before answering him.
"I think she would like you to be here but when she wakes she will not admit this. She... she is always more her old self when she wakes, as if the baby within her still sleeps. As the day progresses she will change to this... gentle creature" Goia smiled, knowing he had never in his life thought he would ever be saying those words about his mistress, he would punish himself later too for insulting her like that but she was gentle now, refused to punish him when he became too outspoken about her care and such, so he resorted to doling out his own punishment to himself and punishment he thought she would wish on him.
"Do not be like that other one" Goia moved to the door slowly, referring of course to the Drage oaf, "She respects you. She is in awe of what you both have created. I must go now but will return with the midwife. Good day master".
He bowed low and with reference to the man before him, truly an honor to have him here in their home. Turning he glanced at his mistress to make sure she was indeed sleeping peacefully and then he left, knowing Daylee was pottering about the house and at hand if the mistress were in need.

Arnost rested his hand upon hers, as the house elf spoke, Arnost gave the ancient being his undivided attention. As much as a house elf did not deserve it, he felt the need to for this one, especially when the information would be helpful. Arnost glanced back to the face of the mother who carried his child. When she awakens, he had half a mind to not be here, but then those words hit him. "Do not be like that other one...She respects you." Arnost only nodded, but in his mind thought, A Zhefarovich will keep to his word, like an Unbreakable Vow.

Arnost waited for the house elf to depart, and he stood up. Flicking out his wand, he conjured an armchair for himself, and sat down in it. He placed his slender hand just under his mouth, as he fell into a deep, thoughtful silence. Something he did often while he was at the manor.

Bah! Lame... >.<

Over an hour passed whereby Thorine slept peacefully, slowly she opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. The first thought that entered her head was whether she had imagined Arnost being there before she had fallen asleep or not? The next thought on reassuring herself on the first was whether or not he was still here. With grace she sat up in the bed pushing the covers from her and swinging her legs over the side. It was only then she became aware of the other person in the room.

"Arnost?" she couldn't believe he had stayed, instantly she was up and summoning her chamber robe to her, slipping her slender arms into its sleeves and tying its sash around her waist, "You stayed?"
It was definitely a question more than a statement, for some ridiculous reason she felt as if she should be smiling but kept herself in check. Slipping her feet into her slippers she flicked her hands to open the drapes. How long had she been alone with him in her bed chamber? The thought made her actually blush and she was grateful she was trying to busy herself with tying up her hair.

Time had flown when he was in deep thought, he barely noticed that Thorine had her eyes open. He detected movement, and his eyes which were cast to the floor, went back up to the graceful woman sitting up. The Death Eater was silent, and waited for her alone to speak. He remained seated, but watched her every move cautiously. Women Death Eaters were often tricky, the ones he knew form the past. Especially filled with raging hormones, one could strike at any second. Though this did not bring him any fear whatsoever.

Arnost nodded, and he responded, "You requested me to, and I followed through." He turned his head to the spot where Asparuh would have been standing, if he decided to stick around. "Though Asparuh left quite early." Arnost shrugged. Arnost wondered if she would indeed act like she did before she got some rest. Though it was quite odd of her to act like that - not to mention himself acting being like a real human rather than a Death Eater. It had to be the reason why Asparuh was so disgusted. The man could not understand or handle such emotions. Though Arnost did not quite understand it himself. He made sure that his facial expression was the usual one, without any emotion.

Thorine was stumped, she had never been in this situation before and therefore had no comparison to match it against. Tristan had not been around for any of Christians pregnancy, she had needed him and called out for him countless times only to always be disappointed and now Arnost. A man she would never in a million years have suspected to behave as he had, was the one who was staying put. Showing her through his actions alone that she could obviously count on him throughout this time. Lesser women than she had shared their pregnancy with the men in their lives but it was not like that between them but surely she would be able to cope?

Her hand went to her stomach as she turned to face him, she looked doubtful not sure how to respond.
"Thank you" Thorine looked questioningly at the chair he sat in and said the first thing that came into her head another unusual occurrence for her, "You couldn't conjure one that matched the decor?"

Arnost wondered why he was sticking around. Why did he have to murmur those words that he would stay as long as he was needed? Even though she was asleep when he said them, surely he could have backed out of it, left without coming back. But that would bring shame to him, and he was too proud to have that cast upon him. He could not bring shame to his family, through his actions. His brother had once with Tsvetanka, but revived it with Liyla. And spread the pureblood legacy. Though the majority of the children were not into the Dark Arts. Or rather, did not follow the Dark Lord.

Arnost nodded instead of voicing the automatic response to thanking. He raised an eyebrow when she noted about the chair. Arnost said, "I've never been good at matching decoration." He stood up on his legs, feeling more comfortable than sitting in the chair. He made the chair vanish. Arnost turned his body to face Thorine. He spoke, his voice serious and almost the same as before he knew she was pregnant, but somehow softer all the same, "Thorine, when you said you wanted me to stay, you were very exhausted. My inquiry, now that you are completely awake, is whether or not you still want me to." Arnost stared at her, and folded his arms across his chest. It was her decision, and he would have no other choice but to go with it. The baby's influence was great upon him, and though he wasn't as tender as before, he was still affect, even now.

Thorine couldn't help but laugh at his reply.
"I do apologize Arnost this pregnancy has me reacting to situations in ways I would normally not" he stood up and made the chair disappear. He was suddenly very serious as he stood there facing her. She was unsure herself as to how to answer. Remembering how she had felt before she fell asleep and indeed vaguely remembering now what she had said too. Thorine walked to her bedside table and picked up the glass that Goia had left for her and she drank it.

"Apparently every pregnancy is different but they all have common factors, forgetting things being one of them. For someone who always took pride in my state of mind, my abilities to delve into others' well this 'baby brain' as they call it is leaving me quite frustrated at times. I appreciate your forthrightness in this matter but as much as I would... like you to be part of our childs life, I cannot make you stay" she had learnt this lesson the hard way, there was no way she would dare dream of tampering with Arnost's mind as she had Tristans.

She looked at him and in doing so felt the baby move within her. This was just pure crazy, was it her who wanted him to stay or the baby? Was it her hormones or just this raw need she felt with him so close? Her hands held her stomach as she looked up at him. She felt weak and pathetic knowing what she would ask of him but this pregnancy was making her say and behave in so many strange ways.
"I ... want... you" she looked down at her stomach feeling another fluttering movement before looking back up to him, "to stay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back