OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight, firm nine inch Oak wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Amelie had taken a bit of courage from Hyun, deciding that it was now or never. She had asked Gaby to meet her down at the pitch. Amelie wasn't the most dramatic person in the world; it wasn't going to be so loud or romantic as how Onyx had proposed to Jamie. Amelie was much more subtle. She was just going to give Gaby a flower and tell her how she felt. Amelie was sitting out at the pitch, her hair in a braid and wearing what she hoped was a cute dress. This was sure to go alright, wasn't it? Amelie hadn't spent as much time with Gaby as she would have liked, but that was just life sometimes. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, enjoying the cool breeze. The other girl should be here soon.

Gaby wasn't exactly sure why Amelie had asked to meet her on the pitch, doubting whether the younger the girl just wanted to hang out or if she should maybe take her broom with her just to be sure. Amelie hadn't mentioned anything about quidditch though, so she decided against it. She happily made her way over to the pitch after class, giving the other girl a little wave when she noticed her already sitting there. "Hi!" Gaby greeted Amelie with a smile before sitting herself down on the grass next to her. "So what's up?"

Amelie blushed as Gaby came out. She was so pretty, her hair looked so nice curling into her eyes like that. "Hi," she greeted with a soft smile. She felt a bit more nervous now that Gaby was actually here. She looked up to the sky, watching the clouds floating by. "It's really pretty today, isn't it?" she asked, stalling and peeking over again to give Gaby a shy smile, tucking a stray stand of hair behind her ear.

Gaby was glad to see Amelie didn't look like she was planning on playing any quidditch, which saved her the effort of having to head back in and grab her broom. "Oh, uh, yeah." She nodded at the younger girl's words, looking at the clouds for a second. She couldn't help but to be a little confused about whether Amelie purposely hadn't answered her question or if there was another reason. "Sooo..?" Gaby offered with a curious look, still unsure why the girl had asked to meet her on the pitch.

Amelie blushed again as Gaby pressed the subject, glancing away and swallowing nervously. She wondered if it was obvious how crimson her face was. "Oh, I... wanted to talk to you," she admitted shyly, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. Amelie usually tried to be very confident, but found that she was nervous now. She bit her lip, hesitating a moment before letting out a soft sigh. She picked up the small sprig of lilacs and offered it to Gaby, keeping her gaze more on the flowers than on the other girl. "I, um... I really like you, like, a lot, you're very kind and beautiful and amazing," Amelie smiled nervously, "I was um... sort of hoping maybe... we could spend more time together?" she offered quietly, not quite able to bring herself to look at Gaby.

Gaby nodded encouragingly when Amelie she said she wanted to talk to her, glad that she seemed like someone the younger girl could talk to. Even if she didn't know about what yet. She was a bit surprised when she offered her flowers, looking at them for a second before actually tuning in to what Amlie was saying. "Oh, I-" Gaby responded when she realized what exactly it was the other girl was saying. The idea of the other girl having a crush on her was cute, but not something she reciprocated. She enjoyed hanging out with her, sure, but not like that. "Thank you, that's very sweet." She smiled, trying her best to choose her words carefully in an attempt to possibly make things less painful. Surely it would've taken Amelie some courage to actually tell Gaby how she felt, which was admirable, and being rejected would be a painful situation for anyone. "I just don't.. feel that way.." She offered softly after a moment. "I'm sorry." She was going to say that they could still hang out, but that didn't seem like the right thing at the moment. She couldn't exactly blame Amelie if the girl didn't even want to hang out with her for a while after all.

Amelie could tell almost immediately something was not right. Her smile faltered and her blush impossibly deepened. "O-oh," she stuttered softly, her hand falling back. It all made sense now, looking back on it. Gaby had always seemed to brush Amelie off so easily, acting friendly but not really like she wanted to be friends. Amelie's ears burned, and she lowered her eyes to the flower in her hand. What had she been thinking? Gaby was smart, and pretty, and... older. Amelie hadn't thought of the age difference, but of course it made sense that Gaby hadn't held any interest for her. She was just a kid after all.

"I... should probably go," she managed after a few moments of silence, her heart twisting in her chest painfully. "I'll see you next year," Amelie stood, hesitating a moment and offering Gaby a shaky smile for a brief second before turning and fleeing quickly back to the castle. She didn't want the older girl to see her cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back