Confessing

Alex laughed as she joked about the Potions Prof. 'Maybe it's your destiny,' Alex joked smiling. 'Maybe you might turn out to be a Professor,'he added. He listened as she said she was cold. Man, how can she be cold. It just perfect, he thought to himself but he shrugged out his thin jumper nevertheless and pulled it over her. 'Hey, did you actually understand anything with the star maps last year we did in Astronomy?'he asked her remembering why he had come here in the first place.

Kiera shook her head. "I dont think I would like being a Professor. Then you have to talk to all of them." she said laughing. Kiera watched curiously as Alex took off his jumper and pulled it around her. She blushed a tiny bit. It was very warm and smelled so good. Kiera snuggled into it. "Thank you." she said, smiling up at him. Her father was constantly reminding her to take a jacket. She got cold so easily. Kiera listened as Alex mentioned star maps. "No. To be honest I am not very good at Astronomy." she admitted. Most of the time she had zoned out, or taken to dreaming about Alex, as he was in that class with her. Kiera would never admit that last part though.

Alex laughed. 'Oh well. I guess that's two of us then,'he said before smiling. In truth, Alex was very good at Astronomy. It had only really been last year that he had been lacking a lot, thanks to certain things that had happened in his life then. He smiled though himself felt a bit cold now. He would get used to it in a bit though. He pulled his t-shirt down a bit at the back before decided to spark conversation again. 'You never picked your book up again. You know that,' he spotted, his voice amused. He picked it up for her but not before reading the title of it. 'Any good?'he asked out of curiosity.

Kiera smiled as Alex picked up her book. He looked at it. It was Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Kiera was a big fan of muggle classics. He asked her if it was any good. "Yes it is. Its one of my favorite muggle books. Its a classic." she said. "You haven't read it then?" she assumed since he had asked her if it was any good. "Do you like muggle books?" she wondered. Kiera loved the old love story books. She like happy endings.

Alex smiled at her. She did really look good today or was that just because he was in a smiley mood. 'Nope. Never heard of it. I'm not a book fan much. I just don't find books without useful information of any use,' he replied honestly. He had never been interested into books and maybe if he had been able to read before starting Hogwarts, he might still not of been interested in them. 'So what's it about then?'he asked her just wondering.

Kiera smiled at him. She felt her heart melt at the sight of his smile. Why did he have to be so beautiful? Kiera understood that most people didn't particularly care for books but she loved them. He asked her what it was about. "It's about Heathcliff and Katherine and how they ruin their lives because they are too stubborn to admit they love each other. Katherine ends up marrying another man, Linton, and Heathcliff marries Linton's sister, though he hates her. Katherine dies in childbirth. The rest of the book is mostly about Heathcliff's child, his nephew and Katherine's daughter. It has a happy ending though." she says smiling at him. She wondered what he would think about what she had just told him.

Alex listened trying to imagine what the story would be like. It sounded confusing though and he could make little sense of it. He half frowned and half smiled at Kiera's little summary. 'Sounds..interesting,' he said, pulling a face. 'Anything else you like to read much?'he asked wondering if Kiera was a book loving person. She probably was though. Reading classic love books after all.

Kiera laughed as Alex made a face. She could tell he really didn't find it interesting. "It is a bit confusing." she admitted. Kiera nodded her head at his question. "My dad always made us read when we were younger and it just kinda stuck." she told him with a smile. Kiera loved her father. "I like reading most anything. I mostly just have read muggle books. A few christmases ago my mother gave me some wizarding books on spells, jinxs, charms, and defense magic. I think she was trying to help me protect myself if any Death Eaters dropped by while she forced me to visit." she said with a shrug. She had gotten over her mother's motives. Kiera liked the books she had been given. They were interesting and useful.

Alex smiled as Kiera admitted that it was confusing. Good, he thought to himself glad he wasn't the only who thought so. He smiled as she said she read mostly muggle books. The jinxes though and stuff like that he would read himself too. They had useful info in them. Alex listened as she said her mother had given to her though. Maybe she was changing. After all, she cared enough for her daughter to protect herself, didn't she? 'Cool.'he said not sure what else to say much. It was nice that people read, even if he didn't. 'Do you usually come to this place?'he asked her again. He seemed to be asking her a lot of things recently.

Kiera smiled at Alex as he asked her if she came here much. "I come here fairly often. I like it up here and its hardly ever crowded up here. You have space to think." she said. Kiera had come up to the tower on multiple occasions to read. She usually didn't see anyone at all up here. Kiera turned back to Alex. "Do you come here much?" she asked him back. Kiera wondered why he had come up here tonight. Whatever reason she was more than pleased that he did.

Alex shook his head. 'Not much. And it's exactly for that reason. SO quiet,' he said before shrugging. 'No, It's just next door to the Ravenclaws so yeah, just decided to come up here today,' he replied smiling. He was glad he did though. Sitting here with his crush. It was nice. Except the view. He wasn't too keen on that. 'Looking forward to the field trip?'he asked, knowing it would be something to do with water creatures. He had prepared quite a good prank to play and plenty of back up ones.

Kiera grinned. She should have realized Alex was always in the center of the noise, and sometimes the cause of it. She wondered about the comment about the tower being close to the Ravenclaws. He must have a good friend in the house. Kiera was happy he decided to break out and come up to the tower today. It was nice to sit and talk to him. Kiera laughed as he mentioned the field trip. "Actually I am. Field trips are better than sitting in the classroom listening to a lecture." she said truthfully. She flashed him a dazzling grin. "Plus with you around I am sure it will be interesting and I will get a good laugh." she said, only half-teasing.

He flashed a grin back to her as she teased him about the field trip. 'It's all part of the package,' he replied as part of a quote he had once heard in a movie. 'I wonder where we are going though. I mean there aren't many places to go if your looking at water creatures, I don't suppose' he added just stating his opinions. He wondered if she would contribute anything too.

(sorry for the bad post, my headache is driving me mad )

Kiera laughed as Alex quoted a movie she vaugely remembered seeing. "I suppose I will just have to take it." she said, faking dismay at his words. In truth, she loved his pranks. It made her life more interesting. She listened as he talked about the upcoming CoMC lesson. "Well in the muggle world there are aquariums with fish from all over the world." she said remembing the aquarium she used to visit when she was younger. "But I havent ever heard of a magical one.." she said more to herself than Alex.

Alex laughed as Kiera pretended to be sad about that. 'Exactly, though if my guesses are correct, there'll probably be one in the UK. There's loads of wizarding towns there,' he thought aloud, remembering the number of wizarding villages he had visited in the summers. 'Anyway,it'll be somewhere with water,' he added, more to reassure himself than Kiera. After all, their pranks were all water based. He needed there to be water. Sighing, he smiled at Kiera. He didn't know what else to say at the moment.

Kiera had never been to a wizarding town. Or at least, she didn't think she had. Her eyes lit up with curiousity. "What's a wizard town like?" she asked him. From what she could tell, he had grown up around wizards where Kiera had been completely isolated from them. She hadn't know about magic till her older brother Cameron got his letter to Durmstrang. She smiled slyly as he said their needed to be water. "I am sure there will be plenty of water. I mean we cant learn about water creatures without water." she said stating the obvious. Kiera was trying to reassure Alex. Kiera lost her train of thought as Alex smiled at her. Kiera's eyes softened. She couldn't think of anything but his dazzling smile.

Alex raised an eyebrow at her. 'Just like any other town really, though it is a bit more magical based. Like Diagon Alley or Obsidian Harbour.'he told her though it was a pretty terrible answer. He could of just said it was like Brightstone. Smiling as Kiera told him there would be water, he rolled his eyes. 'Yes, I know Miss.Obvious. Tell me, was your Mr.Obvious the same?' he joked with her, before laughing.

Kiera laughed as he teased her. "Well excuse me then. I only meant to reassure you Mr. Doubtful." she teased him back. Kiera liked that they could joke without anyone getting offended. It sure made life more fun. Kiera smiled as the sun began to set. It was painting a pretty picture over the castle wall. She looked back at Alex. She considered herself lucky that he would like her back. "I suppose that would make sense but what's the point really?" she said back on the topic of Wizarding towns.

Alex laughed. 'Oh sorry. I doubting you were doing that,' he replied still smiling. He was glad no one much got offended as he joked constantly with them. he frowned slightly as it was sunset already. Had the day gone by so quickly? Surely not. He had only got up at 11. 'The point? Well, people are lazy and housework is a bore. I'm sure a wizard-hater is gonna accept dishes cleaning themselves as normal. And anyway, if wizards are about everywhere, when underaged wizards do spells, the ministry can't tell if it was an old person or young person,'he replied, stating several points in having wizarding towns.

Kiera grinned at Alex. He was rather brilliant. She never would have come up with those ideas.
"Okay so I can see the benifits of living in a wizarding town. It will be nice to finally do magic outside of school." she said thinking about her upcoming birthday. She would finally be 17. Kiera sighed as the sun hovered over the horizon. Time always passed so quickly when she was with Alex. It just wasn't fair.

((sorry its lame...i didnt know what to say))

Alex smiled. 'Oh I know. Imagine the pranks that you could do when your wand can be invovled,'he agreed, glad his birthday was the day before Valentine's day. It was so close now that he had already preparing more pranks to play out of school. He looked out the window, seeing the sun dip under the trees and out of vision, did it melt away. He sighed and leaned back into the chair. 'Well, what time d'you reckoned the rest of the people here will leave?' he whispered to her, referring to the rest of the kids that were sharing the tower with them.

Kiera laughed. "I dont know if I want to know all the pranks you will pull when you turn 17." she teased him. Kiera actually enjoyed his pranks most of the time. They were a good laugh. Kiera looked around and saw there were only a handful of people lingering on the tower. She smiled as she saw them begin to pack up their things to go back down. Kiera smiled back at Alex. "It seems they are starting to leave now. Why?" she asked curiously.

Alex took Kiera's hand in his and started to trail his fingers in a circular motion on her skin, barely touching the skin. 'Oh, you know. I was going to do a little bet with you but it seems it's too late,'he replied shrugging. 'You going to the upcoming ball?' he asked her, still not looking away from her hand.

Kiera's heart quickened as Alex picked up her hand. He trailed his fingertips across her skin, Kiera felt a shiver go up her spine. She smiled softly. He wasn't looking at her, he was looking down at her hand. Kiera liked the way her hand fit in his. Kiera barely heard what he said, she was distracted by him. "Oh." was all she managed to say to his first comment. Then he asked her about the Valentine's day ball. "Yes, or at least I would like to." she said answering his question. "Are you?" she asked quietly in return.

Alex finally looked up at her. He smiled at the sight. 'Only if my girlfriend is going,'he replied before biting his lip. 'That is if you want to be my girlfriend. I'm not forcing you or anything,' he added, worrying a little that she wouldn't now, though he couldn't see why not. His fingers stopped trailing and just cupped it instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back