Madz
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Open after Jasmine.

The time for very little words had come to a final end. He couldn't continue this phase in his life anymore, he had very little limited options to continue this phase. Kendrick stood still, his eyes trained focused ahead with both hands raised like he was meant to be defending himself. With his fists coiled, Kendrick loosens his tight hold and kept his dark eyes focused ahead. He then extended two fingers after both his thumbs on both hands. He visualizes the flow of natural elements traveling down his fingers, today it will be water. Standing feet away from the lake, the choice was made obvious. The time for very little words, of course, continues when he was trying to conjure up the elements without a wand. He yet to be successful, but he remains optimistic about mastering wandless magic. It'll happen to him one day, he had no predictions when. He just needed to concentrate a little more and it'll happen. Kendrick was determined to make it happen.

Maddy didn't see much left to explore down by the lakefront, but it was still an enjoyable place to go for a walk and just relax outside. Getting back to school after the holidays was always a weird time; she missed her little brother, but she'd missed her school friends during the holidays too. None of it was fair, and she couldn't wait another year before Seb got here. She strolled along the shore, tossing stones into the water and watching them splash, enjoying the noises they made. She wasn't particularly looking for company, though spending time with people was always great. She'd spotted a boy standing by the shore from some distance away, and as she strolled closer she could see that he was making funny gestures with his hands. "Hey," she said cheerfully as she approached him, "what're you doing?"

Visualize, focus, focus....focus. Kendrick tries to visualize water sprouting from his fingers, or that he is able to push the lake's body of water back and forth. He figured it was the latter, making water appear out of thin air was probably advance elemental magic. It was becoming a little confusing for him....maybe that's why he hadn't been successful with any of it. "Huh?" Kendrick snapped out of his focus, slightly glaring at the intruder breaking his concentration. Kendrick pointed his index fingers at the girl, fuming a bit from getting interrupted. "Magic, and you've just ruined my concentration."

The boy seemed a bit annoyed to be interrupted from . . . whatever it was he was doing, but Maddy ignored that. Usually she found that if she was cheerful and friendly it stopped people being annoyed with her before long. Either that or it made them even more annoyed, she remembered, thinking back to that weird Ravenclaw boy last year. He'd been determined not to be cheered up. She hoped this boy wasn't like that. "How are you doing magic?" she asked good-naturedly. "That doesn't look like anything we've been taught. Are you trying to do wandless?" The boy didn't look that much older than her, and the wandless magic Maddy had seen adults doing hadn't looked anything like that. "Or are you doing a different, secret kind of magic?"

His eyes twitch some, he fights back from rolling them at the girl. "It's none of your business," though she guessed it already and he further annoyed that she did. Kendrick moves to stand up straight and ended his practice with the elements and wandless magic. He wasn't typically grouchy, actually, there no telling how he behaves around kids his age. He kept a low profile since he entered the school, with his vow of silence and trying to focus on the magic that matters to him most. "How did you know? You're like, what, a first year?" Kendrick assumed of the girl. She was smaller than him, so he can't be that off with his assumption. "It's not a secret, there a whole school dedicated to wandless magic. I'm only taking it a step further," Kendrick informs the girl.

Maddy frowned, wondering why this boy was so against a little curiosity. "Why shouldn't it be my business?" she asked, a little defensively. "You're doing weird stuff in public, I'm curious." She saw no reason to be grouchy about simple curiosity, particularly since if he was trying to do magic above his level that must logically make him curious too. "I'm a second year," she corrected, a little offended, "and my brother's a third year, and he's shown me stuff." Mostly to show off, admittedly, but he had. "You can't be much older than that." It seemed increasingly to her like he was trying to do something that wouldn't actually work, and while usually Maddy would give people the benefit of the doubt, this boy was annoying her. "Oh, so you're trying to do magic that doesn't exist, then," she said insolently.

Kendrick did it, he rolled his eyes annoyingly at the girl. "So, if a thief was stealing would you ask them why they were stealing? If a house was on fire, would you ask the house how it got on fire?" Kendrick test her logic. Those scenarios weren't ordinary, everyday scenarios. But, now he was curious how she would answer those somewhat, rhetorical questions. "Actually, if someone or something is happening in public and it doesn't concern you, you go on your merry way. For future reference," Kendrick answered honestly. "Who's your brother? Wouldn't he get in trouble," Kendrick said without thinking, really. He might as well bug her with pesky questions of his own. "It does exist, it's called elemental," Kendrick scoffed back. He told her and he was a bit more annoyed that she got it out of him.

Maddy didn't think she'd been so annoyed at someone since she'd caught those awful Slytherin boys bullying Elliot and Lars last year. This wasn't nearly on the same level, of course, but she keenly felt a growing frustration. "No, duh, those aren't harmless things." She was irritated by him using such bad examples, but she couldn't resist answering anyway. "But once you've dealt with something like a fire, yeah, I would want to know what's causing it. You're not being threatening, just rude, so I'm asking you first." There was no way at all that Maddy was taking advice from such a person, so she just ignored that part. "If you want to get my brother in trouble, why would I tell you who he is? Besides, I don't think that's against the rules - or if it is, it's a dumb rule." Maddy didn't think she'd ever heard of elemental magic outside of D&D, so she still wasn't convinced it was real. "Well, if it is real, it sure isn't working."

Kendrick snorted, "You're asking me first or just being nosey? Can't someone be outside without a nosey little brat like you sticking into everyone's business?" Kendrick shot back with a grumble. He wished now he hadn't abandoned his vow of silence, everything was so much better when he didn't utter a word and he hid in the shadows from the rest of the world. The annoying girl gave him more than enough reasons to retreat to the shadows and seal his lips shut. "If he showing you stuff above your grade level and you repeat them, then yes, you might get suspended from school. Or much worse, expelled," Kendrick retorted, arching a brow. "It would work if I didn't have someone's bratty little sister bothering me and I can actually concentrate," Kendrick grumbles again. He couldn't focus now, not when his energy was out of whack. No thanks to this annoying girl.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back