Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Yellow rose for @Connor Holland

Trying to catch other deliverers was the hardest on Valentine's for sure, but Elliot had resigned himself into bumping into Connor eventually. Worst came to worst he'd find him back in the Hufflepuff common room later but the sooner he was done the sooner Elliot could relax.

Thankfully, on one of his many rounds up and down the castle floors, Elliot spotted Connor, sighing in relief as he headed over. "Hey Connor, there you are," he said with a tired smile, sure Connor could sympathize. "Rose for you," he added, wiggling his basket as he went to fish out the yellow rose.

Making laps up and down the castle looking for people was good exercise, and Connor was enjoying the rush of adrenaline as he ran around the castle, even if there were a few names on his list he was dreading talking to. On the way to his next delivery he was interrupted by his own name, looking up quickly as the Head Boy hurried over. "Oh, cool!" Connor said brightly, smiling a little too widely. He had always looked up to Elliot, and it felt horrible to realise the older boy wouldn't be around at Hogwarts much longer.

Elliot was glad to see Connor in good spirits; he didn't know the full details of whatever had happened with Connor last year, but he'd heard enough to know it probably hadn't been very fun for him. "Here you go, Happy Valentine's. You got plans for tonight?" He asked, passing over the yellow rose and its note.

I joke around a lot, but I do care you, you know. Against my better judgement.
-Kas

Connor beamed as he accepted the rose from Elliot, eagerly opening the note. "Thank you!" He said quickly as he skimmed its contents, smile softening. It was so rare to hear anything earnest from Kas, and though he knew his roommate did care, it was nice to actually hear it. Or... read, at least. He looked up, face falling slightly at Elliot's question as he shook his head. "No, I um... Nikko and I broke up..." He said hesitantly, trying hard not to dwell on it. "How... about you?" He asked quickly, hoping Elliot wouldn't linger.

Elliot felt the smile drop off his face when Connor mentioned breaking up with his boyfriend, unable to stop himself from visibly grimacing. "Oh. That sucks," he said awkwardly, hesitating for a moment before patting Connor briefly on the shoulder and withdrawing his hand. "I'm uh, gonna go with Selene. Just as friends," he said, adding the 'friends' part on a little hastily. Elliot didn't think Connor was on the best of terms with the Hollands, but the last thing he needed was Diana or someone hearing the wrong thing through the family grapevine. "But, I hope you can still have fun, Connor. You're uh- You're a good guy," Elliot offered a little helplessly, giving Connor a half-wave as he moved to step away, needing to get on with his deliveries like he was sure Connor did.

As upset as he was about Nikko, Connor couldn't help the small flutter in his stomach as Elliot patted his shoulder. He knew his crush on the older boy was more about admiration than anything else, but it was a nice distraction from how upset he was. He nodded when Elliot talked about the ball, face twisting into a nervous, uncomfortable smile as Elliot complimented him. "Thanks, uh, you too..." He stammered out a little awkwardly, returning Elliot's wave before heading back to his deliveries. That certainly hadn't been his smoothest moment, but it did feel nice to focus on how handsome Elliot was instead of thinking about Nikko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back