Completely-

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex sat just watching people on the lawn that day just to find it all a bit too crowded for him that day. He thought before glancing towards the forest, bored. It would be quite quiet there, he thought, standing up and walking there, not hesitating like most student sbefore they went in. Alex wasn't bothere din the least to go in the forest. Silence eerie was welcomed by Alex and he felt calm. He started to hum songs quietly to himself before starting to sing words to them at a low volume, smiling. He didn't much pay attention to where he was going though.

Nina was walking through the forest silently, stepping over falling trees when she heard someone sing, and smiled, it wasn't very loud so she must be close to them. Nina walked toward to voice when she saw that it was Alex singing and she sighed softly and said, "Hey you." Nina wasn't all that pleased that she hadn't seen Alex in a while, she missed him and needed him but she put on a brave face and smiled at Alex.

Alex had just been admiring some worms that he had found when a voice spoke near him. He jumped slightly and looked up seeing Nina. He smiled widely, hoping she hadn't noticed she had startled him. 'Hey to you too.'he said cheerfully, glad to see her since it had been a while. 'You ok? It's like you disappeared'Alex added going over to her.

Nina was fighting giggles when Alexi jumped then said, "I'm fine, I'm a bit stressed with exams but you know how crazy I get with them." Nina blushed lightly then said, "How are you? I haven't seen you in a while." Nina wrapped her arms around Alex hesitantly, she didn't know what to feel, what to say or what to do anymore when she was around him. Nina barred her head in Alex's chest softly as she hugged him.

Alex hugged Nina back laughing. 'Yeah, I know how crazy you get with them'Alex agreed teasingly, smiling. 'I'm alright. Completely fine about exams unlike you'Alex added jokingly. 'So..'

Nina laughed heavily then admitted softly, "I've missed you Alex, it feels like I've been alone lately, I haven't seen Asher at all and Noah is worried that it's his fault and I only know Harri and Hilary and I haven't seen either of them in a while." Nina looked softly into Alex's eyes worry clearly in them.

Alex pondered on it for a while. I thought Asher had gone home?Alex thought, now confused. Why would it be Noah's fault? He was happy last time I saw him, though it was quite a while ago. 'Time flies though. You shouldn't worry yourself Nina. I'm sure theres perfectly good reasons behind everything. People do tend to study more when it comes to exam time.'Alex said smiling and looking at Nina. He paused before ruffling her hair up playfully. 'Silly'he joked quietly.

"Asher would've told me, she would've told my Grandma, and Noah isn't happy he thinks that he did something wrong over the break to make her mad at him," Nina said softly then giggled when Alexis messed up her hair and said when she had stopped giggling, "Thanks Alex." Nina grinned she was glad that she had come across him, he always made her feel like her problems weren't problems at all. "What are you doing over the summer holidays?" Nina asked curiously, Nina sort of wanted to invite Alex to her trip to France, she was going to make a stop in Glasgow anyways, to get something for her little brother.

Alex smiled, relived that Nina had cheered up. He didn't like anyone being unhappy, specially the people close to him. He froze momentarilly when she asked him about the summer holidays. Alex forced a smile on as he tried to think up something. 'Nothing really, me and Haden were just going to go to Hull and do whatever, well, he's going to do whatever while I run about after him.'Alex said smiling a little more relaxed at the joke. 'Why?'

Nina bit her lip she saw Alex's forced smile then said, "Well I'm going to back pack around Europe mainly France though and I was wondering if.." Nina blushed as she paused then continued blushing an even darker red, "..if you wanted to come with me." Nina looked down softly unsure if she should have said anything.

ALex smiled, fighting back the laughter as Nina blushed dark red. It took him a while to register what she just offered him thoguh. 'Umm, well, I don't know. I mean, Haden you know.'Alex said, pausing a lot, not sure what to say. His cheeks grew red from embarassment before Alex paused to get his head round it. 'I'll eh think about it. Thanks Nina,'he said smiling at his stupidity. 'So what were you doing in the forest anyway?'Alex asked as he took her hand and started on the imaginary path he had been stopped at again.

Nina bit her lip harder when she heard Alex's initial reaction then nodded her head softly when he thanked her while thinking, I'm a bloody moron, 'oh Alex will you come to France with me' God I'm stupid! Nina scowled at herself before putting up a smile of wax and said, "Just thinking really." Nina smiled as Alex took her hand and lead her through the forest. "And yourself?"

Alex smiled. 'Thinking, of course. How could I not of seen that?'Alex joked playfully smiling. 'I felt crowded in the lawn'Alex answered before smiling at the silence. He thoguht about Nina's offer. It was nice of her to offer and ALex would love to come but he didn't know if he could leave Haden. He puzzled over it, biting his lip and not really looking where he was walking but into space. He thought out all the different scenrarios in his head.

Nina pouted playfully then smiled affectionately at Alex, already knowing what was going through his head, she knew that he wouldn't leave Haden for her and she understood that, she just wanted to give him the opportunity to accept her decline this. Nina sighed silently as she imagined what would happen in France if he were to come then if her didn't go. Nina furrowed her brow and bit her lip at this, she didn't like that thought.

Alex ended up with a decision. Haden had managed a year alone already without too many problems. surely he could mange another month or two. Alex would jsut send all-well most- of the money he had made to him and give him the plans he had made for him so that he could be sorted. It was about time he could mange alone himself, Alex had done long before Haden had ever thought about it. Alex smiled at the plan he had mastered up now and returned back to where he was. He looked at Nina, who was frowning. His arm wrapped around her waist worried. 'What's wrong?'he asked quietly.

Nina smiled at Alex as he wrapped his arm around her waist and said, "Nothing Alex." Nina softly ran her fingers through his hair as she said this. Nina stepped over a large boulder carefully then asked trying to make conversation, "How is Haden doing? I didn't see him over the break."

Alex smiled, unconvinced though. 'Haden? He's fine. A few mishaps here and there but fine. WOnder why you didn't see him,'Alex said frowning a bit at this. He was sure Haden hadn't gone anywhere for the holidays. He shurgged it off and smiled. 'How was you're holdiay there?'he asked

Nina shrugged her shoulders and said, "I didn't see many people to be honest." Nina furrowed her brow slightly and said, "Not all that great, I was alone most of the time, how were yours? I still haven't given you your present." Nina chuckled at this, it's May and she still hadn't given it to him.

Alex bit his tongue from saying anything stupid. He was annoyed that Nina didn't see many people and more annoyed at himself for not going. 'Ok. It was jsut the same as normal though. I don't celebrate anything much'Alex said honestly. He became confused at the present. 'Why would I need a present?'Alex asked. He did't know much about Christmas. Having never celebrated it in the last 13 years, it wasn't something he could really remember nor get used to.

Nina furrowed her brow and said, "What do you mean Alex? Of course I was going to get you a Christmas present, I tried to give it to you before I left, anyways when we get back to the tents you're going to get it, I promise." Nina smiled at Alex she knew that he never celebrated Christmas but she felt like she had a sort of duty as his friend and girl friend to do this.

Alex bit his lip. 'You really didn't have to do that'he said, meaning it. 'And..I never got you anything. It would be wrong if you gave me something and I didn't return anything back.'Alex said, annoyed at himself now for being so stupid. It would be wrong. Plus, he had completely forgotten about christmas until the day actually came and gone.

Nina looked into Alex's eyes softly and said, "I wanted to, that and while I was shopping for Hilary I found something that reminded me of you." Nina blushed softly, it was a bit of a lie, she had thought about his gift for a long time, then said honestly, "No it wouldn't I don't like opening gifts, birthdays and Christmas' for me are hell." Nina chuckled at this it was a bit embarrassing that it was true.

Alex laughed though he didn't know why. 'Neither do i,'Alex said smiling. 'If it makes you happy'he said agreeing finally. 'How do you think you've done on your exams then?'Alex asked for a change of topic.

Nina smiled softly then said, "I think I've done alright, Arithmancy was a killer!" Nina smiled softly then said, "I like Professor Mantiea better the Professor Castilo to be honest." Nina sighed softly and said, "I'm going to miss it here."

Alex sighed. 'I know, I'm with you on that. It's been fun especially CoM. Professor Fletcher was really good, way better than Hagrid thoguh Hagrid makes really good points.'Alex said before stoppping himself going over the list of creatures that were seen wrong to Hagrid and him. A squirrel of some sort flew past their feet in that second and Alex paused to see if he could see what it was, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back