Common Ground

Corey Lovre

OOC First Name
Annie
Corey had been busy in recent days preparing for the big game against the Salem team. It was now the day before the game and Corey was about sick of all the girls in school talking about how mysterious and better looking the boys were than the boys that attended here. It was mind boggling the lengths that some of the girls would go to just to try and talk to one of the boys. Corey on the other hand felt sorry for them, they were on foreign soil trying to get used to their surroundings before the big game and had enough distractions without a bunch of manipulating girls trying to get a hook in them. Feeling she needed a bit of air Corey went out onto the grounds. It was really lovely out and the silence was something Corey had missed. It was amazing after years of wishing to hear that now all she wanted was some peace and quiet every now and then. Finding herself on the edge of the creek that ran into the woods Corey sat down under the willow tree. It was silent save for the sound of running water and it instantly put her mind at ease.

Corey normally only came here before games or when people were too much to bare, but right now it was just nice to be able to relax. Leaning against the tree Corey stuck her wand in her boot and sighed with contentment, this was the life. It reminded Corey of the river near her old home and for a second she almost let her mind drift but was brought back by the sound of footsteps. The silence never seemed to last but Corey would get over it, for now she was more interested in who was coming down this far away from school at this time of day.

Kayden was finally getting used to the girls back home fighting over him and his teammates. The fan club had even set up a calander with pictures taken during games of all the boys on the team, even the extras just sitting on the bench. It was really to much and though he enjoyed the attention, it seemed almost worse once he had gotten to Beauxbatons. Girls would actually follow him and his mates around the the school yard. He noticed that a few were there all the time and wondered how the Professors felt about them skipping. Not that Kayden himself wasn't actually missing any lessons himself, but as part of the Quidditch team they had all been given special permission to come and play. It was a nice feeling being able to get out and really play another team, considering it was his OWLs year at school.

Now Kayden, or Red as most of his friends called him, was not at all like the current captian of the team. Who was basically in love with himself. Red was much more preserved and at first never knew what to do with all the attention being on the team brought him. Finally he gave in as part of growing up and learned to enjoy and entertain the girls who loved him. However the boy hadn't found one girl in the many that actually interested him enough to date.

Currently the young boy was trying to dodge the followers of the girls from Beauxbatons and managing to outrun them into the woods he found his way to a creek. A bit lost he decided to follow it upstream since it seeme to go back towards the way he came, which meant towards the school. However it hoped it would take awhile to get there and the girls would give up looking for him and go to class. He finally found another shallow part like the one he crossed when running from the girls. Knowing he'd have to go back to the school he took a few steps on the rocks out of the water trying not to get his shoes competely soaked. As they were the only ones he had brought from Salem with him. Glancing up he caught site of a very pretty girl sitting under a willow tree on the side he was crossing too. This broken his concentration of balancing on the rocks and considering they were covered in wet algae it was no surpise that he took a tumbled into the creek. For some reason the creek seemed actually quite deep and he got completely soaked in his clothes while making a ruckas by doing that guyish yell as he fell.

Corey had been watching the boy approach wondering when he would see her, because at some point he was going to have to notice her sitting there. She hadn't wanted to startle him by saying something but as it turns out the sight of her had been shock enough to set him off balance. Corey's had flew to her mouth as she stifled a giggle as he fell into what must have been a pretty chilly stream. He had yelled out a bit when he fell and Corey was glad there was no one but herself to hear him. It must have been pretty embarrassing for him with only her there, but it's not like Corey was judgmental, it could have happened to anyone. Looking at the boy she realized he was very cute. She didn't remember seeing him before but then again she had never really payed attention to people at school besides her family and teammates. Looking back to the boy Corey smiled, "Are you okay? That was quite the fall there." She smirked trying again not to laugh. But it was too much and Corey was sure he could here her laughing. Standing up Corey walked over to where the boy stood. "Here," she said offering her hand out to him the wall of the stream was slick and matted with smooth rocks, she knew he would most likely fall back in trying to get out without help. "Let me help you." Corey wasn't sure if he'd take it but it was a simple friendly gesture. It would give her a little idea of the kind of person he was. Some boys could be so cocky and prideful, but she was hoping he wasn't that type. It would be a shame if he was anyway, all the good-looking boys have something that make them unattainable it was just a matter of finding out what that something was.

Kayden lifted his arms from the water as a reflex, as it was quite chilly. Being May, the water was still cold from the melting snow in the mountains. They weren't that far from the Alps so he figured it wouldn't be a wonder that the creeks would be cold all year round. The temperature here near the French Riveria was very nice he heard all year round. Apparently they hadn't gotten snow in over forty years in a famous town about an hour along the sea. He had heard this because the team had done alittle traveling when they first arrived in France. Kayden almost wished he had come to Beauxbatons instead of Salem. However his school was nice because it was so close to home, yet still far enough away that he did not have to worry about a random visit from his magical Grandmother. His father being muggle would never see the school as well as most of the magic world.

"Miqqiaq Crap," he said in his Native tongue as he looked over himself assessing the damange done. He noticed the girl giggling as she walked over towards him and he groaned inward. It was just like himself to see a pretty girl and fall over, it'd be even worse if she was one of the fan girls. "Uh, yeah it was," he said back to the girl speaking english now. He noticed she had a bit of a New Zealand accent to her voice. But he did believe that since she started with english she knew who he was. Watching her move over towards him with her hand out he sighed knowing it'd be tough getting up without the help. "Thanks," he said as he took hold of her hand. Getting off the slippery rocks was a rocky adventure for him but he was glad once he was standing, however dripping he may be. Running his hands through his hair to get some of the water out, he messed it up quite a bit. Red wasn't the type of guy to care much about how his hair looked, and the girls who followed him around never seemed to care anyways. He silently wondered if that was what it was like being a Professional Quidditch team.

Corey helped pull the boy out of the water and was glad when he finally made it out. Just looking at him dripping wet made her cold. "Not a problem. Just glad I was here, you would have had fun getting out yourself unless you swam to a shallower area." Corey watched him run his hand through his hair, it messed it up quite a bit and she had the sudden urge to fix it like she would have if it had been one of her own brothers but restrained herself. It hadn't occurred to Corey that she had just started out in English, it was her first language but when she was in France she hardly ever spoke it. 'Weird.' She thought to herself, luckily whomever she was talking to seemed to speak very good English. Not everyone here did and it could be interesting if you tried to speak English to french speaking person. It was then Corey realized that she had not yet introduced herself, "I'm Corey by the way." Corey wondered if this boy had transferred here recently. She kept trying to think of a reason as to why she wouldn't have seen him before. Being as smart as she couldn't seem to figure it out. She felt as if she knew it just wouldn't reveal itself to her yet. It was always so annoying when you couldn't remember something, but she knew it would come to her soon. Corey looked at the boy and figured he must be cold, pulling her wand out of her boot she quickly conjured some blue fire, "You must be cold this will dry you off in a flash." She smiled at the boy.

Making way to the water's edge he was glad to be out of the creek and on dry land. Though he himself made the ground quite wet where he stood. The girl standing with him was blonde like himself and they shared blue eyes. Being honest with himself he figured they looked more alike then him and his own twin sister did, which was quite strange. However he knew their must be alot of blue eyed and blonde people in the world. "It was you who made me go for a swim to begin with," he mumbled quietly to himself as he moved up towards the tree the girl had been under before he had fallen. "Kayden, but most call me Red, or Wolfy," he told the girl adding on quickly, "not that I'm a werewolf or anything." The last thing he wanted to be spread around was a lie about himself. He only hoped his teammates didn't bring up that nickname around to many of the student population here. They would all just assume and he could be rediculed. Not many werewolfs were welcomed in the magic world outside of Dark forrests. Looking around he realized he had no iea at all how to get back to the school, the fall seemed to knock out his sense of direction. Stepping back as her wand began to let out blueflames he was quite concered with what she was doing. "I think a drought charm would be better, I can handle the cold," he said eyeing the flames. If it had been a teacher he'd trust them, but flames spurting out at him from a girl he had just met he wasn't sure.

Corey listened as Kayden introduced himself, she was glad that he said he wasn't a werewolf. Corey automatically assumed so by his nicknames, not that she would have freaked out if he were a werewolf but you had to watch how you acted around them, the last thing Corey needed was to share their curse. "Kayden is a interesting name. Although I'm curious as to how you came upon your nicknames." Corey really did wonder Red and Wolfy were not common in her book but she was sure they must have some meaning behind them. Corey shrugged at Kayden's comment about her fire. "I thought about it but I figured it would be much more fun to have a little fire. Not that I'm a pyro or anything. I just love the fact that it's blue and so warm without being hot or burning you." She smiled eyeing her creation. She wondered how muggles lived without magic in their lives it was so wonderful and useful. It made Corey thankful that she was a witch, plus without the work of magic Corey never would have gotten her hearing. Which didn't seem so bad half the time but it was much easier to listen to people than to read their lips or watch them as they signed. Corey did like signing though and still did sometimes when she happened across other people who understood it.

Kayden ran his hand through his hair once more, he figured it was becoming a habit from all the stress of learning the ropes to being a Quidditch Captain for his team next year, plus OWLs and all the girls. Looking over at the girl he wondered where she was actually from, he figured sharing some of his background might bring out some of hers as well. "Well I'm half Native American, thats actually where I get my wizard blood from. The elders give you a name when you're young to describe you. They named me Red Wolf, my twin sister is Small Dove. The animals sort of describe our personalities and I'd say they are pretty much correct," he told the girl he had just met. It used to take a long time before Kayden would tell someone about his bloodline. Some Wizards out there did not like the American Magic folk. The whole Mayans killing muggles on altars sort of thing. Atleast that was what he was told. Noticing her smile Kayden decided to trust, or atleast half-trust the girl. She wasn't a very bad looking Beauxbatons girl, but he knew that most weren't as they had some Veela blood in them."Well if you're sure you won't burn me alive for being a 'witch' then go ahead," he said joking about the old Salem witch trials. Figuring since now she knew his name she'd reconize him as a Salem player. The youth put his arms out the side to prepare for the flickering blue flames coming from her wand to dry him up. Hopefully she knew not to get the flames to close to clothing, as some kinds didn't seem to be protected by the magic charm, and he knew from experience from learning it in class that his shirts would burn away. Not that he was worried about being embarassed by his chest, he was quite fit from playing Quidditch over the years.

Corey listened contently as Kayden explained his Indian heritage. She then continued to look between them for a rock, smiling as she saw what appeared to be rough quarts she changed it into a mason jar and let the flame fall into it. It flickered blue and cast a cool light on the ground. "I think that's very cool. I don't really know my heritage, my sister and I are orphans." Corey said this very nonchalantly she didn't like it when people pitied her, it had been even worse when she was a deaf orphan. Thank goodness the healers at St. Mungos had finally figured out how to heal her after all these years. Corey laughed at Kayden's witch burning joke. It was then that Corey had a scary thought, what if he was from Salem, "Wait, you're not from Salem are you?" Corey paused after figuring it out, she couldn't let this happen. She couldn't get soft with a guy she was going to have to play against the next day. It just wasn't her, she would do virtually anything fair to win as was her nature, and befriending a opponent wasn't a way to ensure an unbiased win on her part. She prayed she had this all wrong in her head and that he was just a new student here, but they had been speaking English this whole time, and looking at him now he looked more American than anything else.

Kayden looked at the girl in suprise when she said she was an orphan. He felt like saying sorry to her but he knew he never liked it when people pitied him for his mother walking out when he was child. The guy knew next to nothing anymore about his mother, it had been when he was very young around the age of six. That was when Georgiana his twin sister began to help out around the house more. Their father taught her how to cook and soon afterwards she became a mother for all of them. So he just nodded and let the topic go, he didn't want to upset the girl. Looking down at the blue fire and the light it was casting on the ground he smiled. The girl was very beautiful and her magic almost seemed to match it. Glancing up at her he was suprised she hadn't known. He thought she did the entire time, and that being the reasons she was so nice. "Oh I thought you knew! Proud Chaser and at the end of this year I'll be Captian Sixth year and Seventh. Afterwards moving on to bigger venues and more adoring crowds," he stated with a big gesture and a laugh. He meant it as a joke of course, this was the easiest way to see if she did have a sense of humor or not.

Corey saw the excitement in his eye's and couldn't help but notice how they sparkled with his excitement. He was really the best looking guy she had seen in a while and he was nice to boot. She didn't know how she was going to be able to play against him tomorrow. It was really frustrating to think about, he even had the same aspiration as her to go on to the pros, it was hard to dislike someone after you've already started off well and are as similar as the two seemed to be. "Really that's ironic... I'm a Beauxbaton's Chaser, and I plan on going pro as well." Corey mentally slapped herself, why was she still being so nice, he was her competition for goodness sake. "It's kind of upsetting, because tomorrow after we win I'm afraid you won't like me very much." Corey shook her head a little and her hair fell a bit in front face. It was sad that she actually believed what she said, because there was no way they were going to lose and she had a feeling nether of them would be a very good sport if and when they did. Corey really liked Kayden he seemed to be nice and he even liked quidditch as much as much as she did. It was all so complicated and confusing, Corey hated having all these conflicting emotions.

OOCOut of Character:
I hope this is a good way for the "fighting" to start.

Kayden looked at the girl fully when she mentioned her being on the Beauxbatons' team. He was actually quite suprised, he only knew only girl chaser and that was the girl on his team. Then again more boys seemed to attend Salem, it was a lot like Durmstrang in that aspect. "I'll be seeing you on the Pitch tomorrow than. I plan on going out for the Stonewall Stormers, you?" He questioned wondering if he'd be playing against her in the big leagues after they both graduated as well as tomorrow. His eyebrows raised at the girl, he hadn't been excepting this from her, she seemed like such a nice girl but competitive. Strangly Kayden found her more attractive when she was putting his team down. He knew it was bad for him to start developing feelings for the girl, she most likely already had a boyfriend anyways based on his luck. Corey seemed slightly upset about him not liking her after the match if he lost, he figured it might be the same feelings if the match turned out differently then she thought it would be. Moving closer to her, Kayden leaned down so his face was a few inches from hers. "Don't hate the players, Hate the Game," he said seriously. Pulling away quickly he continued on in a very indifferent tone jsut to bug her. "But you will lose the match and have to kneal before me to beg for forgiveness," he said joking about the last part. He wasn't sure if the joke had actually come across as one but he would judge it based on the reaction he got from her.

How he would look/feel before the Quidditch Match knowing he would be playing against her.

Corey was a little surprised when Kayden said he wanted to go out for the stormer's, they were a good team and all but they were Canadian. Corey herself had thought about joining a few teams, she wouldn't join the Quiberon Quafflepunchers because there was no way she'd wear that hideous pink. "I don't know really the Thundelarra Thunderers would be okay. I suppose I'll go with the first team that's smart enough to take me." She grinned, she was a really good player but proving yourself to a pro team wasn't easy. Corey watched Kayden lean close to her and Corey felt her heart speed up, until she heard what he said. He may have meant the last part as a joke but Corey was not just going to sit around and take it. "Excuse me? Who died and made you king? I don't kneel before anyone, and your going to be in for a big reality check when WE win tomorrow." Corey huffed standing up for emphasis, upset that she couldn't match his calm demeanor. He was so irritating, how could she have not seen that before. Clenching her fist the angry french girl bottled up inside her broke out a bit, "Stupide américaine!" She said under her breath. Corey wasn't sure if he spoke french but it was pretty simple to figure out what she said.
Her conflicting feeling's before the game

Kayden had no problem with her being on the Beauxbatons' Quidditch team but to him it seemed she did. He had been quite comfortable around her before she started to get upset about it. He was suprised he still managed to get her to talk about the future however. He was suprised with her choice, they hadn't been doing to well in the previous season, but he figured prehaps they needed a good player. The teen figured that she was a good player, he hadn't seen her on the Pitch so he didn't know. Not that he had a big head but he did know that he was good, otherwise he wouldn't be the next Captain for Salem. Laughing for a second at her response he stopped after a second realizing that it wasn't the right time for it. "There isn't anything you can do, Salem will win. And I'm going to make sure I'm matched up with you whenever you're out, unless you're a bench warmer," he said before he realized it. It wasn't quite something he'd normally say but the girl was insulting his team. That got him upset and the first thing that came out was that. Normally he wouldn't of replied, or even gotten into the situation. He almost smacked himself on the face for the comment he made about the bench. Here was a girl in front of him that was completely beautiful and he was messing everything up.

Corey listened to Kayden's come-back and glared at him a bit, he obviously didn't know what he was getting himself into. There was no way she, Corey Lynn Lovre one of the best chaser's beauxbaton's had seen in a long time was going to lose this fight. "Benchwarmer? Ha! You honestly think I'm that bad? Well you've got another thing coming, I'll prove it tomorrow!" Corey wasn't really sure how it had gotten to this point, she was practically screaming at him, and she really liked him. He was everything Corey wanted in a guy handsome, cunning and he loved quidditch possibly as much as she did. Why was she even fighting with him, did she so disparately need to hate him in order to be able to play like she needed to tomorrow? Looking at him sitting there Corey wondered what he was thinking and what he would say next. She was sure he was going to hate her now, there wasn't really any going back. She was yelling at him, why would he have any reason to like her after this. It almost made Corey regret what she had said, but maybe it was better this way, easier for tomorrow at least.

OOCOut of Character:
They were sitting? Haha I thought it was standing the whole time except for his swim in the creek :unsure:

Kayden stood as the girl looked down on him, he knew once he did he'd tower over her small frame. It actually made him want to be nice to her more, it made her seem cuter and it reminded him of his sisters, both who were shorter than himself. But they had already gotten to the point where he believed she'd never like him, not ever. Sure they were a lot like, but they'd be going onto different teams and play against each other in the Pros. Better make it so she really did hate him, he figured it'd make it easier for him to forget her, which he doubt would be easy. "I don't know how good you are at all! Are you ever going to be Captain, I doubt it! But I am, then I'll really be the King of tings and you'll just have to say you're sorry and bow before me!" He almost yelled at her. He was still keeping his voice lower and more calm then the girls, but mostly because he didn't want any of the girls that had taken to following him around the school to find him. Especially when he was alone with a Pretty girl in the forrest and having what could look like a nasty breakup. The girls would hate her and hang on him even more. Staring down at her he pushed his hand through his hair once again.

OOCOut of Character:
I guess I thought they were sitting xD looking back though I don't see them sitting. Sorry :D

Corey watched as he stood, now she had really done it. Unclenching her fist which had been turning white, she refused to look at him again. He really did hate her, he wouldn't have said what he did if he didn't. "Well if that's how you see things I guess I really misjudged you your highness." Corey said snidely faking a curtsy before turning away from him. If he didn't stop her, she could hang on to this and let the memory grow and fester into the hatred that would insure her indifference during the game. It would prove he meant what he said and she could accept that. All Corey knew was what she was taught, power wasn't everything and just because you had it didn't make you better than someone else. Being Captain was something Corey would have loved but she was just a but younger and when two people both had good skills age was something to take into consideration.

Corey didn't need other people to judge her or her playing skills, she knew she had what it takes to make it in the world and no one, especially some stupid American boy was going to ever convince her otherwise.

Kayden's french was no good in this place. He had been getting more and more agitating the longer they were here, he felt more at peace in Salem. But when he had come across the girl who was before him, he thought he had found someone who could actually make him feel like it wasn't so bad here. A lot of people had made plenty of snide comments to him over the past few days, at least he thought they were snide based on the tone. Then there were the constant girls latching on to him trying to get the young teen's attention. The last thing he really wanted to do was start a fued between his team and Beauxbatons. Friendly rivalry was fine but not this, he really had done it. He went from finding a beautiful girl in the forrest to creating a monster of her. As she turned away from him his face fell and the heated anger drained from him. "You're right. I guess I misjudged you as well," he said in a slightly teasing tone. Though all Kayden could see was her back and he reached out and put his hand out to touch her. After she had let him go from giving her hand to him to get out of the Creek, all he wanted to do was to feel her skin under his hands again. Her hands had been so soft compared to his more rugged worked hands. How could he tell her that now? How could he possibly get the girl now?

Corey was just about to leave, sure he didn't have anything more to say to her and stopping herself when she heard Kayden speak. 'You're right. I guess I misjudged you as well,' The words hit her hard and she realized how terrible this whole incident had become. Corey could hardly stand herself and was going to bolt when she felt his touch on her arm. Turning to him her hand found his, she knew it was a risk, but maybe he felt the same way. Because no matter what he had said there was no way Corey could hate him. Seeing him for the first time, and helping him out of the creek it was the first time she had felt this way about someone. Corey lifted her head and looked at Kayden, really looked at him. She had never wanted to fight, in fact Corey hadn't fought with anyone since her 'sister' Laura had moved out. Looking into his blue eye's so similar to her own Corey felt a tug on her heart. She had messed things up, but she wasn't going to let it end this way. Not waiting to think about it she reached up and kissed him, he was quite a bit taller than her but it seemed to work anyways. This was Corey's first kiss, but the as the butterflies in her stomach melted away, all she felt was his lips on hers and the joy in her heart.

Kayden waited for her to walk away from him. He knew it wasn't going to be the last time he saw her, but it would be the last time he ever had a chance he had to really talk with her. Once one of their teams beat out the other team he knew it'd be over between them. He honestly wouldn't care if Beauxbatons won the game, Salem had no idea how they played, they were the best in America sure; but Europe playing was different in a strange way. Corey turned to him and her hand found its way in his. Kayden almost smiled at it, it felt so right there. She was smaller than he and so her hand fit inside his larger hands prefectly. Her blue eyes shined brightly and her hair seemed to be glowing. He thought they were going to continue looking at each other for a long time so he began to try to say something. However she had a different thought it seemed and he found himself being kissed. Blonde hair in his vision and lips on his. Kayden's hand still had hers in it but he took his other and brought it up to her face. He brushed her hair back and relished the feeling of being with a beautiful girl.

Corey felt Kayden's hand run through her hair, and any doubt's that may have been on her mind vanished, it was amazing feeling so free. Looking at Kayden his blue eye's danced and Corey couldn't believe someone so wonderful was kissing her. It ended all to soon for Corey, but they had to breathe. Keeping his hand in her own Corey blushed a little breathless. She wondered what would happen now, she couldn't imagine the game the next day. There was no way she could be ruthless while playing against him, but she would do her best none of that really mattered though. Because right now they were here together, near the river by the woods, and there was no one else she would rather be here with. She knew this was really the last thing anyone could have expected, going from fighting to kissing. Maybe they just wanted to try and hate each other too much, to run away from the feelings that Corey knew had steadily grown inside her in the short period that they had known each other. It was crazy to think she had just met him, but to Corey it felt like she had known Kayden for a long time. They were like the same person really and that made it all much easier to understand.

Kayden pulled away breathless staring down at the matching blue eyes of the girl in front of him. He noticed a blush creeping on her face and brought his free hand to her face and rubbed her cheek with his thumb. A smile formed on his face as he looked down at her pretty face. Corey seemed even more beautiful after their kiss, he couldn't help but lean down for another kiss. He wouldn't be abled to push her around during the game now, Kayden wasn't even sure if he'd be able to not kiss her up in the air during the game. Kayden moved his hand from her face around to the small of back to hold her as seen other guys holding their girlfriends do. He hadn't ever had a real girlfriend before, though he did have plenty of girls chasing after him all trying to get his attention. As soon as the thought popped in his head he pulled away from their second kiss. Looking down at her he knew he couldn't do it to her, he couldn't bring her into the mess of a life he had. They went to two different schools, an ocean apart. He didn't even know if she actually evne lived here in France or not. Sighing he looked away towards the tree he had first seen her under. It wasn't far away from them but it seemed like ages since he had seen her there and fallen into the creek. "We Can't," he said softly looking back to her to gage the reaction on her face. Both were players on opposite teams, so much a like yet enemies in a way. He hoped she understood what he meant, they were forever going to be on opposite teams. Everyone on their team and fanbase would hate them for not getting into the game just because the other was playing against them.

Corey felt Kayden's thumb rub her cheek and she was sure it only made her blush worse. It was then that he leaned down to kiss her, she smiled into the kiss and looked at him. She really couldn't believe this was happening, but she could feel his lips on hers and his hand on her back. This time though, he pulled away much sooner than the first. Looking at him Corey wasn't sure what had happened and secretly wondered if she was a terrible kisser. She was about to say something when she heard him, 'We can't'. Corey blinked as she processed what he had just said. Sure there would have been issues if they had gotten together, being from different countries, on different teams, but Corey didn't really think it would have been that bad. They could write or visit each other, they made floo powder for a reason. But Corey understood where Kayden was coming from. Looking up at him she wouldn't let him see her cry, instead she stood a bit straighter and looked him in those cool blue orbs, "We could figure something out. But if you don't want to be with me I understand.." Corey thought back to their argument before the kisses had taken place. Being with him may not have been a easy thing, but if he was willing to give it a chance Corey had always believed any obstacle could be overcome. "It would be hard, but nothing is set in stone we could make our own way." Corey looked to him, she had to know what he thought before she said anything else, she didn't want to seem desperate.

Kayden could tell after he said it that she seemed saddened. He knew he was breaking the moment they had and he knew he wasn't ready to let her go at all. But he had to, it was to protect her more than anything else. He enjoyed talking with her earlier and even in the agrument he had regretted every word he said to her. It felt much better when she kissed him rather then turn away from him in his guts. The teen wasn't happy to do this and he listened as she went on about making it work. It never would, he already had a fan base here it would seem. If any of them found out it would hell for Corey. They would have to be sneaky with all their letters and any meetings they had after this point. And the teenager knew that wasn't what a relationship should be like. It seemed like Hell was coming up and giving him a punishment already, letting him find the girl but not have her. His mates always picked on him for not having a girl depsite the large numbers that would follow him and his fellow teammates around. Though he never thought there was a girl that could match him so well. Corey fit that description however, yet he couldn't have her. His teammates would hate him for being a slacker in the pitch just beause he didn't want to hurt her. That was the main reason why none of them of them had girlfriends that actually were on a team, even the Salem team. Taking his hand from hers he put his hands on her upper arms near her shoulders. He hated himself for the words that were about to come out of his mouth. "I do want you Corey, I can't be with you." That was it, he couldn't be with her, he couldn't let himself feel the emotions that were bursting from his heart.

Corey felt his hand move to her shoulder and braced herself for the worst. Even before the words came out of his mouth Corey had known he would say something to that effect. Physically hearing them though, it made her want to cringe, but she would never do something like that in front of Kayden. At least she knew he did want to be with her, but would it have been easier in the long run if he had said he didn't. Then would she have been spared from having to be apart from the one boy who had in a matter of a few hours turned her life upside down. Life was a crazy thing, and it seemed to never want Corey happy, first it had taken her parent's from her, then separated her from her sister, and now that she finally had a shot at love fate was trying to rip Kayden from her grasp as well. Corey hadn't meant for it to happen, but she felt the tear slowly run down her cheek. The last time she had cried was when she had gotten her hearing back, and that had been for a much different reason. Looking at Kayden standing in front of her, she didn't know what she could say to make him change him mind, she could have offered to switch schools or run away with him, but deep down she knew those weren't really option's either.

She wanted to ask him why not, but she knew the answer to that as well. So letting out a exasperated sigh Corey gave him a half-smile, "I guess that's it then." She said in a shaky voice, "Tomorrow we're going to play and you'll leave and that's that? We never see each other again?" Corey didn't know if she could live with herself if that happened. There would be to many what-ifs to ever clear her mind, what if she had stayed with the boy who had broken her heart. No, she didn't want to be that girl, "If you think I couldn't handle it I could you know. I may be little but I've had my fair share of heartache. My parent's have been gone for nine years now, and up until last year I was deaf. A deaf orphan, everyone thought I was pathetic... But I stood up for myself. I joined the quidditch team and found people to rely on. I will not let anything or anyone come between us. And if that means I have to convince you as well, then so be it." Corey meant what she said, even if things weren't resolved tonight, there was no way she was going to let Kayden go back home and never speak to her again. She would send him letter's and if anyone tried to stop her, she'd just have to show them how she earned her black belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back