Cameron Kingsley

Former Minister for Magic

OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Cameron Kingsley considered himself to be very lucky to have been appointed to run for the position of Minister of Magic. He knew that it was a position of great responsibility, but he felt ready for the reponsibility. Cameron believed in the foundations of his campaign whole heartedly as did his wife and other family members. The Unspeakable had his entire family supporting him and standing with him, which was really a fundamental of his campaign. Family. It mattered the most to him. Cameron wanted his wife and sons to be able to go out to the park or go shopping without the threat that something might happen to them. He knew that his sister lived with that very real fear every day since James disappeared. The Scitorari were suspected, but nothing had been proved. The threat of the Scitorari was growing more prominent with each day, and Cam knew that, if he was elected, he would do everything he could to reduce that threat by capturing them and putting them on trial for their crimes.

However, Cameron needed to win the election in order to do his best for the country. He had set up a tent in the Harbour to meet some potential voters and answer any questions they might have about Cameron Kingsley or his platform. He expected several family members to stop by, but he really wanted to meet new supporters to learn what they wanted from a Minister. Cameron was hopeful that he could be the man for the job.

Abby had Emily and Nate with her today. Jasper was busy with work and whatever else it was he was doing and so was unable to take the kids. Not that Abby minded, it was her time off and so she wanted to be sure she could spend the time with her children. Of course Nate was being a complete and utter little cretin and Abby was having a hard enough time as it was without having to take them out with her. It wasn't exactly her fault that Jasper was busy, so why should she have to suffer her son's ill placed hatred? Abby was hurt that he son blamed her for it all. It wasn't her fault, it really wasn't anyone's fault. However aside from shopping, Abby had other reasons to be here today. One of the Candidate's, Mr Kingsley was going to be here. He just happened to be the husband of Cyndi Kingsley a colleague of Abbigale's. She kind of felt an obligation to come and talk to him, though she did want to see about his policies regarding making their country safe again. Abby was increasingly worried about her own children's safety and even being so into muggle things as she was, she had eventually turned to her brother for help in ensuring her house and her family was safe. Austiin was really quite good with those kinds of spells after all.

Eventually Abby came to the place the Mr Kingsley was meeting voters and she made sure that Nate and Emily were going to behave. They were going to be in school this year so she hoped they would maybe mature a little. They were eleven years old and still they were throwing tantrums like three year olds. That just went to show her why she shouldn't have been away so often. She smiled at Mr Kingsley when he was free and extended her hand. "Mr Kingsley, It's lovely to see you out here today. I'm Abby, I work with your wife." She said, taking a step back slightly. "I don't really have any questions specifically, but I was curious about how you plan to make it safer for us in the community." She glanced as Nate and Emily who were standing to the side with ice cream. "As a mother and a teacher, I am rather curious."

Cameron firmly shook the hand of a woman with two children in tow who introduced herself as Abby. The man grinned as she mentioned that she worked with Cyndi. He loved that woman and everything that she was doing for him. "It's very nice to meet you, Abby. Please, call me Cameron." he told her. Cam listened carefully to her question and the concern that followed it. Her question addressed the heart of his campaign which was making the wizarding world safe and secure once more. What she was asking was a very valid question.

"Abby, I understand your concern. As a father, I worry about my children's safety constantly as I am sure that most parents do. There are several things that I have in mind." Cameron started off by saying. "After my brother-in-law's disappearance, I took it upon myself to try to protect my sister and her children as well as my wife and our children. I did a number of advanced protective spells on our houses. I had to study most of these spells on my own or through work. I would like to open up training classes for the public to teach wizards and witches to properly guard their homes. I would like to work with the Experimental Spells Committee to see what new, more advanced, more effective protective spells they can come up with. I would also like to secure the castle with protective spells to ensure they stay strong." Cameron told the professor, laying out his defensive plan of action. "On the other side, I intend to work with the auror department to find members of the Scitorari and punish them justly for the crimes that they have committed. I intend to work with the auror department to assist them with whatever they need to make our streets safer. If I am elected Minister, I will work with the Auror department to create a detailed plan. Of course, the Scitorari are not just a problem for New Zealand. They are a problem abroad as well. I intend to work in corporation with the other Ministries around the world to see what they are doing to combat the problem." he said, hoping he had answered her question thoroughly.

Following the elections was something Ava Davershire didn't think she'd ever see herself doing. It was never something she followed when she was younger, or even right up to the previous Minister. She usually couldn't care less about politics but this time round she found herself being very interested. Ava figured it was because she was the Headmistresses and was curious as to what each candidate had to bring to the table where her school was concerned. Ava had read the Daily Prophet, and found herself discussing her thoughts with Nicolas.
However, today was the day to go out and meet a specific candidate. Ava made her way out, dressed warmly, as she went to meet Cameron Kingsley. It was nice to see Abby there, and she smiled at her co-worker, listening to the reply she got. Ava waited her turn, before approaching the man. She held out her hand in introduction. "Hello Mr Kingsley. I am Ava Davershire, Headmistress of Hogwarts New Zealand. I read that you are wanting to have closer ties to the school, I was wondering what you are planning and what this would mean for the school." Ava asked curiously.

Cameron nodded to Ava Davershire as she approached. He recognized her from a photo that Cyndi had once shown him of a group of female teachers. Cam took her hand and gave it a firm shake. "It's nice to finally meet you, Headmistress. I have heard nothing but positive things from my wife." he said with a smile. "To me, the school is a very important part of our community in New Zealand. It is where the next generation of witches and wizards learn and find out how they wish to contribute to society." he started off by saying. "The school is also very close to my heart, even though I didn't attend it. As I'm sure you know, family is very important to me. My wife and mother work in the school, my brother attends it, and my children, nieces, and nephew will be attending soon enough. I want to make sure that the school is safe for my family and for all of the children. I would like the Ministry to work closely with you, Headmistress, to help you with any needs that you have or to address any concerns you have. You would have the support of the Ministry behind you if I am elected Minister." Cameron said confidently.

Dressed professionally, Seraphine Hensel approached through the crowd as she saw the new candidate, Cameron Kingsley. He was the head of the Unspeakables, and she wondered why he wanted to change the game up a little bit. He mentioned on how he would want to have the Ministry work closely with the Headmistress, but in what way? Seraphine decided to speak up a bit, "Hey there, Cameron Kingsley. I must ask, why the change of profession? You've worked under me as the Head of the Unspeakables for a long time. What benefit could you offer to the community here?" Seraphine's question was not based on education, but just curiosity over the male. She felt like she needed to know why he desired to run for Minister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back