Open Collaborative Story (HM Meeting S2 Y32)

Sophie Wilson

📰 Snarky | 2050 grad | Daily Prophet Reporter 📰

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie felt like the first meeting of the Hogwarts Monthly members had gone alright, but it had been a little stiff and awkward. She wanted to do something else in the second semester, something less formal and more fun, which wasn't something she was very good at. Sophie had thought about it over the break, even asking her sister for help. Now she was pretty sure she knew what she wanted to do, so she had let everyone in the club know that there would be a meeting at the start of the semester and that they would be playing a game to break the ice. Sophie had set chairs in a circle in the meeting space, and was sitting in one next to Noemie. She waited until everyone had arrived and taken a seat, then started to explain. "Hi everyone. So, first off I want to thank you all for helping us get the first issue of the year up, it looked great and I got some good reactions to it. So great job." She said, giving the members of the club a rare smile. "We'll meet up again soon to work out who will write what for the next issue, but today I wanted to just hang out and play a game with you guys. I figured it would be a good way to get back into writing, and it would just be a fun thing to do together." She wasn't used to talking this much, but didn't mind too badly. She felt at ease in this club, even if she still wasn't entirely used to leading it. "This is what we're going to do. I have a piece of parchment and I'll write down a line on it. Then I'll hand it to someone else, and they'll add another line of text. That way we're going to write something together, just a random funny story." She shrugged. "Or not funny. It's up to you." With that, Sophie started to write. She read the first line out loud as she wrote it down, then handed the parchment to someone else.

Story said:
It was a quiet night in the dark wood, not even the animals made any noise.

OOCOut of Character:
This is a meeting, but also a game! The next person can RP receiving the piece of parchment and adding a bit to the story, which you can then add in a quote underneath the post (please include the previous parts too). I would like this to just be fun and lighthearted, so there's no formal order and you don't have to wait until everyone has had a turn to go again. Just have fun and jump in again when you feel like it.

Caro had always loved Hogwarts Monthly meetings, a chance to spend time with clever and creative people, working towards a common goal. She didn't have a lot of friends, but with a club like the Monthly, Caro could at least pretend. Getting to spend time with her real best friend was an added bonus of the meetings, and as bitter as she was about Sophie being promoted above her, Caro had to admit the other girl was a bit of a genius. The idea of today's meeting sounded like loads of fun, and she couldn't wait to see how it would turn out. She was a bit distracted from the meeting's actual purpose though, by the moment that hadn't left her mind for weeks now.

Caro had been unable to stop thinking about the kiss she and Nixon shared since the moment it happened. The moment had been magical, her first kiss at last, and Caro couldn't wait for it to happen again. She knew Nixon had technically been at the ball with someone else, but that hardly mattered, right? He had taken her to the mistletoe. Caro was the one he had kissed at the ball. Surely that meant something? Caro could barely stand keeping her silence, desperate to talk to Nixon again, but the last thing she wanted was for Nixon to realise how desperate she was. So Caro was keeping her cool, playing a little hard to get. Today was going to be crucial. If he looked at her, if he noticed her, that would say a lot. Not that Caro wanted him to notice her noticing him, of course. Trying to keep her glances secretive, Caro focused on the purpose of today's meeting, taking the piece of paper when Sophie passed it on to her, and adding a line she thought had potential for a fun story.

Story said:
Suddenly, the peace of the woods snapped with the branch under the adventurer's boot and she froze, listening in fear of any dangerous creatures disturbed by the noise.

Nixon wasn't used to attending so many meetings for the hogwarts monthly, but he had to admit it was a nice change to spend time with the members of the club outside of working on their respective articles. It made the monthly feel more like a club than a strict publication and the change in atmosphere inspired him to work even harder than he already was to write to the best of his ability, and most importantly to write something the students at hogwarts would want to read. The game being played in the meeting sounded fun, although a little intimidating as Nixon wasn't used to writing fiction, but when Caro passed the parchment to him he tried his best to contribute, not wanting to let Sophie and the other members of the club down. When he read the parchment he felt a little blocked, unsure of what he could write next at first. But after a moment of tapping his quill on the table he thought of something. It wasn't the best sentence he'd ever pieced together but it was enough to keep the story going, and he handed the parchment to the next person hoping they wouldn't have as much difficulty as he did in thinking of what to add next.​

Story said:
Suddenly, the peace of the woods snapped with the branch under the adventurer's boot and she froze, listening in fear of any dangerous creatures disturbed by the noise.
When the silence remained the adventurer continued onward, feeling a growing sense of dread in the pit of her stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back