OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Irene's ♥
I was wondering if there's a way to have this code added to the board? I know some other boards have the word count and than some IF board have spells checks. Is it possible to be added on here or not? Just wondering :D thanks ♥

Hi Maddiie,

I don't think this is a "Frequently Asked Questions" sort of topic, but I'll answer it here nonetheless. :p

A word count tool could definitely be added, but I don't think it's consistent with the nature of HNZ. HNZ has never expected any minimum word count, or a maximum. We've also never been a community to put a word count at the beginning of every post. That can be intimidating to newer users, and I don't want us to get started down a road that we'll likely regret going down some time in the future.

As to spell check, that's not possible - really. Most people will have one automatically in their browser, and for those who don't (mostly Internet Explorer users), there is a plugin. Unfortunately, for mobile users (such as yourself, I believe?) there aren't really any solid alternatives - but even then, any hypothetical script that could be created likely wouldn't help you, either, and would likely just frustrate users who already have such features.

LoL no more Mobile but thanks!

I was trying to install Firefox but I couldn't do it, I'll just try it again than!

Thanks again :lol:

Haha, that's great. :) Out of the mobile dungeons and on to the real internets! xD

At any rate, if you can't get FireFox any of the major IE alternatives have a spell-check.
(Chrome, Safari, Opera)

If you can't get any of those, this add-on for Internet Explorer (which is linked to in our roleplaying documentation ^_^ ) also provides spellcheck (last I was aware, at least :) ). http://www.ie7pro.com/

Perhaps, say, I might expand a little on this suggestion.

For the use in Sample RPs for Applications, where you do ask for a specific word count, would you be able to add a certain code for those pages alone?

Just a thought.

- Zach

Justin Cliffeton said:
For the use in Sample RPs for Applications, where you do ask for a specific word count, would you be able to add a certain code for those pages alone?
That's actually been considered, and I didn't really come to a conclusion.

I've never denied an application because the sample RP didn't reach the requested word count. The word count is just a guideline to say "have a decent length so we can get the gist of what you're saying and where you're headed." If somebody could do that in two sentences, that would be fine. xD So it might just be better to remove the request for a minimum word count and instead just encourage applicants to have a complete thought/idea expressed in their roleplay.

Nicolas King said:
Haha, that's great. :) Out of the mobile dungeons and on to the real internets! xD

At any rate, if you can't get FireFox any of the major IE alternatives have a spell-check.
(Chrome, Safari, Opera)

If you can't get any of those, this add-on for Internet Explorer (which is linked to in our roleplaying documentation ^_^ ) also provides spellcheck (last I was aware, at least :) ). http://www.ie7pro.com/
Thanks this Help me alot Nick xD

And Zach that was a good idea too

The word counter is now in the Code CP. :p
Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back