Closed Cocoa, chats and chocolate chip cookies.

linden had not expected that reaction from casper so while the hit wasn't hard it did catch him by surprise. "ouch cas. maybe you are the brawn after all" he said he could feel himself blushing. though he was unsure why.
he was glad when conversation turned over to the Beckett-Hawthorn family. the part that he wasn't a part of. and he could take a few moments to focus on his hot chocolate and cookie. he suspected that being an artist wasn't the only reason the Becketts had kicked him out though cas didn't say as much. he remembered one of their first conversations when he had said that his parents had wanted him to be a successful businessman with a wife and kids and art only played one factor in that. he pushed down a mental image that had come unbidden of himself playing another factor in that. no. that wasn't a thought he would dare entertain he just felt his face redden again and hoped no one was looking. he didn't say anything it wasn't his place to. just like it wasn't his place to say that he was always welcome in the cullen household like a second son. instead he just listened to both of his sibling's stories. glad that he didn't have the experience to add into it. and glad that he had found them both but most glad that they had found each other and that he could play a role in that even a role as small as it was.

Tara reached over and smacked the back of Lindens head too, giving him a look. "Stop teasing him," she whispered to her brother, before turning her eyes back to Casper. She reached over and patted his hand. "The foster system definitely sucks," she rolled her eyes almost playfully. She lit up as he talked about their other siblings. "I'll save you the trouble, Cassy-boo, I'll get Maisie. You almost died talking to me, and that was with Linny bear." She laughed lightly and shook her head. "Do you know what house, or year?"

Cas blinked as Tara offered to go get Maisie, momentarily distracted by her new nickname. "Cassy-boo?" He questioned, looking to Linden. He looked back to her, a bit frazzled by the entire day and honestly just feeling exhausted. "I... Linden, do I argue with her?" He asked, looking back at his dorm mate. Tara seemed like the stubborn type and Cas wasn't sure he had the energy to combat her.

what linden was not expecting was to be hit on the head. again. by tara. "What is this gang up on linden day?" he said though he couldn't be mad. "I wasn't" he whispered back to tara as she asked him to stop teasing casper.
it seemed that in true tara form she had managed to not only not be too shocked by the situation but also to get it under control and taking the lead in finding the other sister. he looked across at casper he seemed even more speechless than him. "yes she likes to make terrible nicknames for people. Willow is will-o-the-whisp. and ivy is sprout" he said.
at the question of arguing with her he chuckled. "you can try. but I doubt you will get anywhere" he said.

Tara shot her adopted brother a look. He was so clueless sometimes. "He's right, Cassy-boo, there's absolutely no point in arguing with me. Tell me more about our mom, what's she like?" She asked, changing the subject abruptly. She was ready to kick Linden under the table if he bothered trying anything else. She knew his mood swings too well to let him sabotage himself. "And what about our dad?"

Casper looked a bit between the others, still trying to sort his feelings. At least Tara's question was easy enough. "Oh, um, dad got sick and died, and mom just couldn't take care of us," he replied softly. "She's- we, are German I guess, she works as a cleaning lady now but she used to be an artist. We've been painting stuff together, she's really sweet," he smiled a bit warmly. "And she's been looking for us for a long time. She found Basil right away but the rest of us disappeared into the system. She has rooms for us though, at her house, so we can have a place with her if we want it. I... I've been thinking about moving in, honestly." He glanced at Linden then. "Just for a year or two, maybe. I've always wanted to get my own flat, though, I just.... Haven't decided."

Linden saw Tara’s look. He would have listened to her but he had no clue what she was trying to communicate. Why were girls so hard to understand. Though to be fair boys were not a lot easier.
he listened as Tara asked about their, at least their being her and caspers parents and listened to caspers response. He wasn’t sure what he had expected but it was important to listen to. At the the question of their dad and he reached out to hold Tara’s hand unsure if she needed the support. He was about to reach for caspers with the other hand but This time he could read the look tara gave him and thought better of it. It didn’t seem like cas needed it anyway as he continued easily He smiled at how soft and tender his voice got talking about his mum. She sounded wonderful like to the answer to all cas’ wishes.
as the question of housing can’t up he was suprised to see his friend looking at him as if wanting permission ”both sound like good options but you don’t need to decide straight away. And even if you do decide it don’t have To be forever. he said wanting cas to be happy. But knowing he would miss him if he lived in Germany for so long.

Tara listened to Cas talk, taking Lindens hand easily. It was a little sad that their dad had died, but it wasn't like she'd ever known him. She listened to him talk, smiling as he described their mom. Cas definitely got something from her, then. She wondered idly if that meant she'd gotten anything from their parents. As he mentioned the flat though, she raised a brow. "Why not both?" She asked him. "Stay with mom after school until you get your flat, then just stay with her like on the weekends or on her days off or something," She shrugged. "You're making it too complicated, Cassy-boo. It doesn't have to be an either-or kind of thing."

Cas bit back the little hint of jealousy when Linden held Tara's hand. He wanted to hold hands, too. Which honestly, was probably exactly why he shouldn't. He cradled his drink, sipping on it as he listened to Linden and then Tara talk. He smiled at the two of them. "You both have a fair point," he chuckled lightly. "She would be the brains of the group, yeah?" He asked Linden, smiling warmly at his friend. This was nice, the three of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back