OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12.5" Cedar with Core of Thestral Hair
The sun was starting to set in Brightstone Village, painting the skies orange and pink. Christian had spent much longer at his friend’s than he expected. It would be quite late before he made it home to Samoa. He considered returning to Obsidian Harbour to stay the night at Estrella’s cottage (now Olivia’s, he corrected himself,) but he had left his family waiting long enough. Besides, he could probably return home more quickly than the owl service.

Christian walked through a local park and was just about to Apparate to his first destination when a loud yowling sound reached his ears. He turned to see a tabby. It was fat, orange, shaggy, and limping badly.

“Aren’t you a chatty one?” Christian said.

With caution, as cats were fickle creatures, Christian leaned down, holding out the back of his hand. The cat sniffed his fingers and then meowed noisily again. Christian wondered how the cat had hurt itself.

@Professor Landon Carter

Landon wasn't usually one to stray too far from the Hogwarts castle during the semesters, but the man had no choice. He needed some spellotape as soon as possible and didn't want anyone to find out what he had done. He didn't know if there was a spell to fix it and was far too ashamed to confront Misha about it. He walked quickly towards Brightstone Village, looking nowhere but ahead in his attempt to get to his destination and back as fast as possible. However, as he walked through the village he stopped suddenly in his tracks as he heard the sound of distressed meowing coming from a cat. He wondered if this could be a trick, however his fatherly instincts kicked in and he didn't want to imagine what might happen if it wasn't a trick and he could have indeed helped. With his hand on the pocket of his robes where his wand was kept, Landon followed the sounds of the animal until he had eventually found it. A man was leaning down to a shaggy orange cat, and Landon took a sigh of relief. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Is this your cat?" he asked the man before noticing the cat had a limp. "Oh no it's hurt. Did you hurt it?" Landon didn't want to assume the man would do such a thing, but he knew that there were cruel people out there and he wanted to make sure before he made any other decisions.

Christian paled at the man’s suggestion that he could have hurt the cat. He was afraid to have people think that he took after his mother. “No, I would never harm another creature,” Christian said, with conviction. “He just approached me. And no, he’s not mine.”

It was quite obvious that the cat was male from a quick glance. “Do you have any healing skills?” Christian asked, sitting on the ground cross-legged. His dad was a Healer, but Christian had learned very little from him. He was amazed when the cat allowed him to touch its leg. “It feels like it might be broken.”

Landon took a small sigh of relief as the man told him that he would never harm another creature. He didn't seem like the type of person to do that, but Landon could never be so sure. "He really seems like he needs help, doesn't he?" Landon said, frowning down at the poor animal. "I'm a Herbology professor, so I don't know how well my healing skills are. There is a potion that restores bones, but I don't actually brew the potions, I just supply the ingredients." Landon had never been in such a situation before. His sister was a healer, but he hadn't spoken to her in some time, and whether or not she knew what to do with animals was unknown. He didn't even know if the potion would work on it. He did think he knew something however. "Perhaps I can try something." Landon approached the animal slowly, in which it froze, staring at him with wide eyes. He raised his wand slightly, pointing it at the cat's leg. With a small flick of his wand, a bandage appeared, twisting itself around the cat's leg and firmly keeping it in place. "Hopefully that should do something." Landon said with a smile. He knew it wouldn't do much but ease the pain a little bit, but there was a good chance it would somewhat help the bone heal if the break wasn't too bad.

Christian watched as the other wizard bandaged the cat’s leg. As much as the man said he didn’t know what to do, it looked like a bang-up job. The cat meowed loudly and sat on the grass, sticking its broken leg off to the side and swishing its tail as it stared at the two expectantly. Christian had never owned a cat, but he knew they loved being catered to. Unfortunately, he had no snacks stashed in his pockets.

“Thanks, good thinking there,” Christian said, waving his hand toward the mini-cast. He wondered what they should do. Teuila could probably brew up a bone healing potion, but dragging a cat all the way to Samoa sounded like a terrible idea, and besides, no one could make a cat drink a potion.

“You teach up at the school?” Christian assumed this given their proximity to Hogwarts New Zealand. “If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, do you think one of the Creature Care professors would be able to help out?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back