Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Sofia
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Flexible Rowan Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Leif loved the castle, but on certain days he got this feeling that it was suffocating him, that he needed to get out and get away from it for as long as possible. Wander around, breathe in the fresh air and just be out in the open for a while. It helped him calm down again and clear his head. Today was one of those days. He had made his way outside and started wandering around. He never really knew where he was going to end up. Some days it was the garden, other days it was the cliffs and sometimes even the edge of the forest. Today, his feet seemed oddly sure of their destination, as they were leading him straight towards the lake. He liked the lake. If reminded him of his home in Norway. The Odegards had lived relatively close to one of Norway's largest lakes and would visit it often. A smile played on the Leif's lips as he reached the lake and he sat himself down close to the water's edge. The boy closed his eyes and took a deep breath, getting lost in calming sounds of the water was one definite way to clear his head.

So far, it has been quite a busy year for the teen Hufflepuff. One filled with prefect duties, lessons, assignments and other activities in between. She enjoyed every second of it, but it did get to be too much and a bit tiring at some point. When she wanted a break in her schedule, something else will come along and take up her time. She noticed she hadn't been in the kitchen that much, which bummed her out a little. Chante missed the house elves, one in particular was Ceeney. Ceeney is always helpful with her baking and getting the ingredients she needed to make something scrumptious. Since she barely stepped in the kitchen this year, she wonders what Ceeney was up to. If Chante had to guess, being helpful as always. It was Ceeney's job after all. Not all was hard work for this semester, she had fun at Halloween and then went to the Yule Ball with someone she was starting to like in that way. That was kinda fresh new to her, Chante was still enjoying that high that night brought to them. It was a nice feeling, one that she hopes for it to last a little while. While it was her day off today from prefect duties, Chante went outside to get some much needed fresh air. She was considering giving her mom a visit, however, spotted someone vaguely familiar sitting by the lake. Chante drew closer and confirm that it was her good friend Leif, aka Prince Charming. "I knew it was you, hey Leif," Chante stepped a little closer, greeting her friend with a smile. "How's it going?"

Leif didn't know how long he had been sitting at the water's edge, but he also didn't feel like leaving anytime soon. The boy enjoyed the tranquillity that seemed to be surrounding him and he could listen to the soft splashing of the water forever, if he intended to. It were little moments like these that truly helped him clear his head and feel at truly at peace. Ofcourse, these moments never lasted as long as he wanted to. He wasn't one to get startled easily and even though his friend's voice came out of nowhere and suddenly disrupted the quieting sounds of the lake, he didn't even flinch. The boy smiled as he opened his eyes, looking up at Chante. She was a friend he was always happy to see, and today was no exception to that rule. "Chante, hey!" Leif greeted her, before stretching his leg for a second and then crossing them again as he felt quite comfortable as he was and didn't plan on getting up yet. "I'm good, just getting some much needed time outside." He replied to Chante's question, before returning it her. "What about you? With prefect duties and all?"

"Oops," Chante says a little blush rising to her cheeks. "Didn't mean to disturb you," Chante quickly apologize to the blonde. "I was just on my way to see if my mother was here and then I saw you and decided to say hello," she paused for a sec, "Hello." In contrast to how things were the last time between them, Chante cannot help but feel absolutely positive, chipper so to say. Or, just being around Leif again was kinda nice. She missed the Hufflepuff and silently wished they hung out a lot more. Chante's self-confidence has improved, enough for her to want to sit down and join her friend without asking. Then as she sat down, "I hope you don't mind I join you, my mother can wait. She probably busy with something anyway," Chante assures the blonde teen. "It's work, my mom never told me it was work. I like it though, I try to be more forgiving when I see anybody act up, but then that will get me a firm lecturing too. So, I try to be fair. It's work," Chante casually reveals to him. She tries not to talk about that much it, however, if he asks she didn't mind sharing what being a prefect entails.

Last edited:
Leif quickly shook his head when Chante apologised for disturbing him in enjoying his peace and quiet. "Nah, you're not disturbing at all." He ensured her. To be honest, he was glad that she had stopped to say hi. He hadn't seen Chante in a while and part of him wanted to put the blame for that on a lot of other factors, but the truth was that perhaps he should put a lot more effort in seeing his friends. "Honestly, it will be nice to hang out again. It's been a while." Leif smiled as his friend sat down and asked him if he minded. When she started answering his question about how she had been, Leif was genuinly interested in what she had to say. He had no idea what being a prefect entailed, or how difficult it probably was. "Work. Right, got it." He chuckled after she had noted that very clearly. "Sounds like a tough job as well, as if you've got to be this ethically correct person all the time." Being a prefect probably wouldn't have been anything for Leif, but at the same time he was glad that prefects existed. He looked at his friend, before sending her a reassuring smile. "But I'm pretty sure you're doing great."

Chante smiles, casually feeling more at ease with Leif. He was a good friend, very level minded. A crush morphed the moment she had met Leif but it didn't go far. Chante didn't want to be like the other girls, who swoons after the boy for his dashing good looks. She was better than that she tells herself, the appearance wasn't the way to go about it. Even when she felt so lucky to have a friend as good looking and one as friendly as Leif, "It has been a while, what you've been up to?" She turns the attention back to him. Chante nodded as he was made aware of her prefect duties and how much work goes into it trying to be fair at her job. "It's a lot of work but keeps me busy. I rarely have time to visit the kitchen and do a little baking," she expressed with a little sigh, though her smile doesn't go away. Chante can always bake during the break, it's not the end of the world that she doesn't bake. Chante lounge back with her long limbs crossed underneath her. She would've joined him in soaking up her feet but decided against it. Chante balances on her palms, briefly watching the calm lake. "Are you always out here? It's a good spot to hang out."

Leif was glad his friend was interested in how he had been as well, but if he was being honest he was feeling a little bored lately. It wasn't like he had much to complain about. Things were going very smoothly for the boy. His older sister had started to write him more often again, he had finally gotten over his fear of ruining something good and was now in a relationship with his best friend and his grades weren't too shabby either. "You know this is is going to be such a bad answer," He started off, giving his friend half of a smile. "But honestly my life just hasn't been very interesting lately." Perhaps it was his own fault and things would be more interesting if he seeked out his friends more often. "That's a shame." Leif emphasized with Chante not really being able to visit the kitchens anymore due to her duties as a prefect. The boy also starts to feel like his friend struggles with how she feels about being a prefect, but he couldn't blame her for that. However, as soon as she asked him about the spot they were in the boys face lit up. "A lot of the time, yeah." Leif smiled. "It's my favourite spot around the castle, it always seems to instantly relax me. Maybe because it reminds me of home, of Norway." Whilst he normally sat there alone to enjoy the peace, the boy had to admit that he was glad that he got to share it with his friend right now.

Chante's smile falls flat, she understands how he was feeling too well. Chante shook her head, "It's not, actually, I feel the same way sometimes," she admitted, though, Chante held back from really getting into it. Chante wanted to hear more about Leif than talking about herself. It's a distraction, good or bad, she welcomes it. Chante leans in, moving closer to the other Hufflepuff. Her crush for Leif may have kinda diminished, but, it felt like it was starting back up again. Friendly and sweet Leif was a dreamboat. Whoever had his attention, Chante cannot help but wish it was her, just a little. Maybe. "Tell me why is that, how can we, I mean you, make it interesting," Chante asked sincerely, there ought to be a way she can help without getting into too much trouble. Willow would approve, right? Chante wonders what her cousin would do or say in her position, she was always good with this sort of stuff. "You're from Norway? That's cool! My cousin is half Norweigan, I think but she was born in Australia. Do you know her? Her name is Willow, she had red hair and on the Gryffindor's quidditch team," Chante said with a smile. "Both her and her brother are, what's it like there? If it's anything like this, I understand why you miss it."

The corners of Leif's mouth slightly curled into a smile at his friends reply. He was glad she didn't think his answer was terribly boring and that she sometimes felt the same as well. Honestly, the boy figured everybody would have periods like this. Again, he didn't want to complain because things were going well. It was just that with everything going fine, things could just quickly become boring. "I don't know, maybe I just need to stop complaining and find something fun to do for starters." Leif chuckled at his friends question. He had come to the lake to get some peace and quiet, but he was actually happy to be disturbed. Especially by a friend like Chante, who he always found fun to be around. As she reacted to him mentioning Norway he frowned for a second, "Did I never tell you that? That's weird, I tend to talk about it a lot." However, his frown quickly turned into a smile, as he continued to answer her questions. "I don't know her personally, but I think I know who it is." He started off calmly, his smile still growing. "It's just drop dead gorgeous. I mean I love this country and I consider it my home, but there's a part of me that can't wait to go back there and just travel along the country side. Perhaps that's what I should do after graduation."
this is terrible I'm sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back