OOC First Name
L O V I
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Swishy Fir Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Before Tobe-Mae could exit the classroom, Professor Pendleton ordered her back, and she absolutely could not disobey an adult. While she could complain all she wanted, they ultimately had the final say. Tobe turned around and let her bag fall to the floor. She stood in silence as she waited to be told what to do. Oh, how she wished she could be playing her violin or studying a subject worthwhile, like Charms.

Monty waited for the rest of the class to leave before closing the door on them. The corridor chatter muted slightly. "Please don't speak to me like that again," he said, without rancour. He tried to reserve serious disapproval for the second or third offence. "Perhaps you could collect the textbooks and put them back in the cupboard for me." Yes, he could have waved his wand and done it in a fraction of the time, but he wanted to talk to her. "Did you not enjoy the lesson today?"

Tobe refrained from rolling her eyes, but she did not nod after Professor Pendleton instructed her how he did not like to be spoken to. She did not think it was brave, as he had no reason to be afraid of a child, but it was necessary. Although her parents would let her get away with everything, she was beginning to realize that was not the case here. Professors like Professor Styx easily earned her respect. However, other professors tried too hard to be a student's friend. She did not need any friends, she needed guides who would teach her how to be great. That was what she needed, and Professor Pendleton had just proved that he was capable of demanding respect. But, Tobe-Mae still had her pride to keep intact. "Hmph," was the only thing that came out her mouth as she began to collect each book from each desk. The man asked her a question and she turned around with a bunch of books in her arms. "Absolutely not!" she said, but Tobe did not leave it at that. "I much prefer something like this," she said and put the pile of books on the table, took out her wand, and confidently turned away from the potions professor. Although she meant to use the Summoning charm, she used the banishing charm, accidentally sending several textbooks hurtling towards the back wall. Tobe nervously turned back to Professor Pendleton. "I meant to call them to me, but that clearly did not work. But, I hope you get my point," she said as she pocketed her wand.

Last edited:
Monty turned to give Tobe-Mae's demonstration his full attention. He raised an eyebrow as the pile of textbooks went shooting off the desk. "Mmm-hm," he said. "I see. Well, I'll admit, that does look like more fun than watching water boil." With a wave of his wand, the books rose from the floor and arranged themselves in a neat pile on the desk in front of Tobe. "But that isn't the fun of Potions. The fun is... is... creating something from nothing. The sense of accomplishment when you brew a perfect draught. I don't expect everybody to love it, of course. It requires a great deal of patience and accuracy. But you must have found enjoyment in one step of the experience, surely?"

Tobe-Mae rolled her eyes when Professor Pendleton neatly placed all the fallen books on the desk in front of her. How annoying! That was what she wanted to be able to do! Tobe turned and continued to collect books from desks, and the professor insisted on blabbering on. It all sounded like malarkey to her. When he asked if she had liked anything about the process, she paused, clinging a book to her chest as she thought. "Well, chopping was dangerous, as my fingers are worth money. It would be horrible if anything happened to them," she thought out loud. She picked up another book and held it close. I surely did not enjoy the waiting," she said. Tobe set the two books on top of another book on the table as she continued to think. I guess liked grinding the chopped stuff into a paste," she finally admitted. She did not add that she thought of the paste as the professor's big toe while she did it. She picked up another book from the table and placed it on the last pile. There were ten groups of four books on the first ten desks. Tobe picked up one set and walked over to the cupboard. "And I guess the color came out nice," she said before going to grab another set of books from a table. "But this is still a stupid class. Plus, Professor Kain is not as old," she added as she gently set the four books in the cupboard. She could not make it seemed like she liked Professor Pendleton one bit. She had her pride to keep, even if he wasn't sending her straight to her Head of House so she could receive a proper reprimanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back