OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Swishy Holly Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Riley hated to hear when things were off limits. There was nothing off limits, if the door was open and you could easily enter it wasn't exactly off limits. Supposedly the kitchens were off limits, but the door was open and the smell of freshly baked goods awaited her at the door. Riley wasn't going to steal anything from the kitchens. She wanted to take some pictures and then leave before anyone could yell for a Prefect or anything. She pushed the door further open and soon she found herself standing in the kitchen. It wasn't boopytrapped and she didn't see anyone else in the kitchen as of now. There were only a couple of house elves that were busy making pies and cakes. Riley didn't want to disturb any of the house elves that were currently making stuff and thus she didn't bother with permission. The rules with the magical community were a bit funky anyway, you had a bunch of creatures and beasts that could speak but weren't considered human. Like house elves, goblins, centaurs and merpeople. After a good minute Riley found a good spot and started to snap a couple of pictures of what was happening in the kitchen at this exact moment.

In an short time June was glad that she already had met few people. It was good to know people and better that people knew her. And so far it was not going bad. The choice to act nice and try to befriend people was the best one so far. Although it was hard sometimes to not insult people, but she did it inside her mind and that was good enough. The blonde wanted to explore the castle an bit more and she rather went inside than outside so figured just walk in one direction to see what was behind every door. There was no way she was going to be late to classes, she wanted to be well prepared. June had already drawn some kind of map from the stuff she knew, that helped. Also Misha could help her whenever she wanted, that was good. As she pushed open some doors she usually saw empty classrooms and that didn't helped. As she walked further she smelled something, which was not bad. And as she came closer she figured this was where the kitchens were. That was also good to know, perhaps if she wanted to use that she knew where she had to be. June heard there were house elves, and that was not strange to her. They had one at home with her parents as well. Although June had always been scared of it when she was younger and didn't want it near her. She looked inside as the door was open and looked around to see if nobody was watching. June could always lie, she was good at it that she was lost. But she didn't actually want to go to stuff forbidden. But than as she walked inside slowly she noticed an girl, what was she doing? But than she noticed taking pictures. '' Hey'' June than said with an smile, as she put it on again. '' Where are you making pictures from?'' She than asked the girl surpised.

Riley was busy making sure the lightning was decent and the composition was just right that she hadn't heard anyone else slowly making its way into the kitchen. She wanted the house elves to act as normal as possible and muttered something incoherent when one was speaking to her. Riley shot up from her camera when she heard a voice. ''Of everything basically, I took a photo of the pie that one house elf is baking'' Riley pointed to a house elf currently struggling with a massive bag of sugar. ''I also took pictures of the elves at work.'' She finally looked at the person she was talking to. Riley forgot the world when she was busy with her camera and she was relived when she saw a blond haired girl that couldn't be much older than she was. ''I am Riley'' Riley said with an outreached hand.

As June put her arms over eachother and listened as the girl spoke she wondrered why you ever would make an picture of an house elf. It would ruin the photo. But ofcourse she was not gonna say that. So she just nodded at the girl and smiled. '' So here they prepare the food.'' She said and walked closer to the girl as she looked around. '' Do you take many pictures, from food or other stuff as well?'' June than asked the girl. She seemed to be an first year for sure, so it was good to get to know this girl too. And better that she knew her. And the girl was introducing herself so that was good. '' Nice to meet you. I'm June.'' The blonde than put out her hand as well and touched hers.

Riley gave the other girl a quick look over. She didn't look overly interesting, she did have nice blonde hair that would look great in an outside setting. ''Yeah, I guess so'' Riley responded to the girl. ''Don't think we are allowed to be here or take anything before the food arrives in the Great Hall.'' Riley muttered while looking at one of the elves that was currently doing dishes. ''I take pictures of everything I find remotely interesting.'' The answer was extremely vague. Normally she took landscape picture or still life. People were a hassle and always had demands. She usually stayed away from trying to capture those or she did it in secret without bothering to ask for permission. ''Likewise'' Riley responded when June shook her hand. ''What brought you to the kitchens?'' Riley asked curiously, there weren't any tell tale signs, Like RIley was dragging a big camera with her that couldn't be missed.

June watched around in the kitchens while walking an bit and than stood still to listen to the girl as she spoke. '' It seems. I don't really want to be caught.'' June than explained. She didn't want to stay here too long, she ment. The stuff she thought of as interesting were far from house elves but the girl seemed to think that was interesting. Perhaps she wanted to take an photo of her, but she had to ask herself that was better. Than she would know that the girl thought of her as interesting, so she just asked an question what could give more information. '' Do you only take photo's of stuff, or also people?'' The blonde asked as she smiled. The question Riley asked was an good one, and she really asked herself that now too. '' Well. I wasn't planning of going here.'' June said and smiled. '' I was exploring some and this door was open.'' The blonde than returned the question. '' What about you? Were you planning on taking photo's here?'' June than said. She would be fine with this conversation somewhere else than the kitchens.

It wasn't like Riley was taking June hostage she could always leave if she wanted. She did feel somewhat responsible for keeping her here. ''Don't think people patrol her a lot, most teachers are busy dealing with rule breakers or forbidden forest goers.'' The latter was something that Riley also had on her list, but she wanted to plan that adventure with the upmost care. ''And if someone comes here we can always say we were lost.'' Riley responded to the girl hoping it would ease her nerves. ''I usually do landscapes, but I don't mind photographing people.'' Riley mused ''People are just more difficult and usually complain a lot more'' Riley did want to feature in Witch Weekly or in a daily prophet issue so she was aiming for photographing more humans. ''I wouldn't mind photographing you, I could always use the experience on photographing more people.'' Riley blurted out, she could actually use the experience and June had some nice features. Riley listened to the explanation about why June was in the kitchens. ''Door was open and I am planning to document the whole castle so pictures of just about everything'' Riley paused ''And I can't usually photograph house elves or so much food so this is a nice place to get some work in.'' She smiled and snapped another picture.

June looked behind her and than to Riley again. The forest seemed to be an place the Gryffindors would sure want to explore she figured. Perhaps others too. She didn't doubted that Lauren went there once, she was so stupid to go there. '' Sure. That would not be an problem. You are right.'' June than agreed. And tried to give the girl some positive vibes. '' Have you been to other forbidden places?'' June than asked the girl in return. Wondering if there was some good picture in a dark place like the forbidden forest. If you could ever see something. June put her arms over eachother when the girl spoke of photographing people. An grin appeared on her face as she said that people complained more. '' I guess an tree is an silent partner yeah.'' June than said as it seemed obvious but joked some to see how the girl reacted. The fact that she wanted to photograph June was not an suprise. June knew she was interesting, and this was another confirmation. She put her arms next to her body again and played with an piece of hair. And smiled bright. '' Sure. You can use me as an model.'' June than said with an smile. She wouldn't mind the attention. '' But not in the kitchens. Which place would you prefer?'' June asked the girl. It didn't had to be right away ofcourse, but she would be fine with another time. June wouldn't like an house elve to be in the background. And also she would continue her exploring. She nodded at the explanation of how she came here. '' Cool.'' June said lying, but smiled. She wanted to show interest. But in a way the castle was interesting ofcourse. '' I draw an map from the parts I already seen. To know which classroom is where.'' June than explained. Still not understanding the excitement in photographing house elves.

Riley was done with taking pictures in the kitchens. She had made plenty of the house elves and what they were currently invested in. Riley knew she was right, most people were easily deceived. A prefect was would't want to give minus points to some new first year that acted like he or she was lost. So Riley was going to go with that. ''No, I wanted to make sure I got the regular places first.'' The forbidden forest or the cliffs would come later. ''Yeah, trees are great.'' Riley mused ''They don't complain about their hair not being on point or how the background doesn't compliment their eyes.'' She added. Most people were really annoying like that and thus she had opted to do more landscape shoots. Riley was pretty sure the girl would accept her offer, she just got the feeling that June was someone who would go great on that type of attention. She didn't mind a lot experience was experience. ''Maybe we can go outside when the weather is nicer.'' Riley said ''Or we can try on of the hallways that have a lot of windows so the light capture your features the best.'' She listened to the girl talking about drawing a map of the castle. ''Cool, I made pictures so I know where to go.'' Riley said ''I would love to see your map though.'' She added making sure she wasn't overly rude.

Last edited:
June nodded as the girl replied. Seemed normal to her to do the regular first, she was never an person who wanted to break rules or got pleasure out of that. Only when it would suit her and give her something she wanted. But usually she didn't had to. She smiled shortly as the girl spoke about trees. June hoped she was joking, otherwise that would be really weird. She had to hold in an thought of herself as the girl described, but she didn't complained about herself since she was very happy with herself. June smiled again as the girl really was serious about it and she didn't mind the attention. As long as they weren't stupid, she was not gonna hug tree's or anything if the girl liked that. '' Sure. Sounds good. We can do that.'' June than smiled. '' You talk like you know a lot of it.'' She than complimented her with the suggestions. As June heard her pictures she got an idea. '' That's nice. Perhaps we can put them together. And make more to hand out to students to help them?'' June than just said. Not that she was so helpfull but to act nice to people and like her and all. June than took the parchment out of her bag and showed it to her. It was being drawn with a lot of care.

RIley wanted to leave the kitchens to go and develop the pictures she had taken. No use in holding up the elves any longer. The other reason was that the pies were smelling so good that Riley had gotten hungry. Stealing food from the kitchens was probably not allowed and thus Riley wanted to leave the kitchen area to be away from the pies and tarts that smelled heavenly. ''My mum is a photographer of Muggles and I have always been into photography.'' Riley responded to the girl, it wasn't like she was an expert, but she knew more than others which made it feel like she knew a lot. ''That would be great, too bad we don't have workable scanners or printers here.'' She wasn't going to waste so much film to give every first year a map for the castle. That would require so much work and effort and that wasn't worth it. ''Lets go out of these kitchens though, I am getting hungry and my work is done here.'' She shot June a smile and walked towards the door.

June looked around her, wondering if there would be someone behind her any minute. The girl than explained why she liked her hobby or what it was to her. She just nodded she liked most of the things her father liked too, which was not photography. But standing in front of the shot ofcourse. June had no idea what the girl explained, she had no knowledge of photography and all. But it was an good idea but hard to do perhaps. And she was not gonna write everyone an map, that was too much time and she had more important stuff to do. '' I have no idea what that is, but I believe you.'' She nodded in agreement as the girl suggested to leave. June was fine with this for now. And walked along with the girl. '' I'm gonna leave also. But nice meeting you.'' June than explained she was not gonna talk any longer than she needed for now. And she wanted to study some more. '' And just say when and where. And I'm gonna be your model.'' June said with an smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back