Charmed and dangerous

Calixa Rider

The season was changing, and the wind was frosty. It would be Calixa's favorite time of the year, had she not been anemic. She shivered even under her warm leather trench coat, and black jeans. That's the only reason cold weather could effect her, was by blowing on her like the wind did now. She had her head down to keep from getting blasted in the face, and was not suprised when she hit someone. "Sorry." She muttered, stopping to make sure they were okay.

Jay was stood outside one of the shops in Bleak Street waiting for Dervish to arrive. Jay didn't have anything to do so he got here and hour early. He had his hood up to keep the cold off his face and his hands were in his pockets.
Jay felt someone walk into his side and when he turned round, he saw a pretty woman with long brown hair. "It's no problem." Jay grinned.

"A-a-are you alright?" She asked through chattering teeth. She looked up at the man, he couldn't have been any older then her, and he had a very nice face. It was almost welcoming to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. There's probably not even going to be a mark." He smiled at her, wondering what she was thinking. "I'm Jay Rouge." Jay held out his hand.

She smiled when he introduced himself and she shook his hand saying, "I'm Calixa, Calixa Rider." She wondered if the name was familiar. She had not yet met anyone who knew the Rider's. "What are you doing out here by your lonesome?" She asked.

Jay hear the name Rider and he looked at her curiously. "Are you related to Stacy, Paul and Jasper??" Jay was good friends with them as they lived with one of his adult friends. "I was waiting for someone. How about you??"

"Sort've... i mean, I'm divorced from a Rider." She looked down. "Just wandering, as per usual." She muttered to answer his question. She wondered if he had heard about her. If he would be angry with her.

She shook her head. "i lost contact with them after the divorce." She kept her eyes to the ground.

"They live with their aunt and uncle from their mum's side now. The three of them seem to behappy but the house is chaos in the holidays." Jay remembered going there once for Ana's birthday the month before and the house was full.

"Frankly." She said through gritted teeth. "I don't care. They could be living on the streets, and i still probably wouldn't care."

"Not all of them i suppose. Although it would have been nice if he left me something in the argument. Didn't think I'd find another lover of them round here though." She said with spite in her voice.

"I can't see how anyone would have anything against those kids. They're perfectly decent. I didn't know their parents so I can't really say anything about them. Were you married to Luther's brother??" Jay was definitely one for asking questions. He always wanted to get to know people before he became friends with them.

"Yes, i was married to him. WAS, not anymore. Can we stop talking about this?" She let her eyes shoot up with ice in them. She hated this subject.

"You know, maybe i should go actually." She didn't like talking to people who knew her ex husband. "Since a prick like you isn't worth my time."

"Excuse me?" She asked a bit upset with his words. "I can see why you don't have a woman you... jerk." She had wanted to use some other fowl name, but decided not to.

She rolled her eyes, but she had to admit, she liked feisty men. "You couldn't get a woman, even if you tried." She said, a smirk on her face.

Grinning, he replied. "I never said I wanted one. I had a wife and our relationship went down the drain. I cn't be bothered anymore. I'm perfectly happy just having my daughter."

"So do I but I actually don't care. There is a very good reason why we divorced and it's not one I'm going to explain to you." Jay looked her up and down. She was pretty but from the way she was acting, she wasn't worth his friendship.

She watched the boy look her up and down and she looked away. "Whatever. But if you are going to say that you don't want another girl, i advise you don't look at me like that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back