Character Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow Holland

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Shedua Wood Wand with a string of Thestral tail feather 9 1/2 inch
Ok so I've heard this line before when someone got an idea for a character but they have no clue what to do with them after they've created them or have no intention of continue with them after they've created them. So I was on another site (which shall remain nameless under the rules of advertising of HNZ) and they had something that they called The Shop. In The Shop you could put up PB's that others could use or full profiles of a character that you've thought up but don't intend to really use then put like a create tag under it so the person that created the character would get a little bit of recognition. For the people that want the characters what they had to do was PM the person who had created the profile and ask if they could change somethings before taking the profile or post if they wanted to take the profile as is. I thought that if something like this could be put into place here those of us that are just blooming with ideas for characters but know that they have too many already could have an outlet for our energy while others from the site or new people that don't know how to start could benefit from ready made profiles.

Just an idea I thought I should toss out there :D

In truth, I don't think this is something I want to get in to on HNZ. The reasoning for this is pretty full, so please bear with me as I explain my stance to you. :)

First, ownership is an issue on several levels. If the account is already registered to one email, there is currently a bug in the ZetaBoards software that is preventing users from changing the email address of one account to an email address used by another account. It is imperative that accounts are registered to the proper email addresses so the administration know who is who, and if one person does something wrong another person doesn't get blamed.
Next, if I have a splendid idea for a character and then I post it up in this proposed 'shop' to give away and somebody takes it but changes more than I want changed - what can I do? People would complain to the administration if characters they create are changed too drastically by their roleplayers, and I don't want that headache.
In truth, I don't particularly like the idea of people giving away accounts when they leave or want to drop characters like they already do. But I don't care enough to try to stop it because there isn't enough reason to. Making this swapping of characters and ideas official and site-sanctioned, however, places the responsibility of maintaining it and mediating any conflicts that come as a result of it (and yes, conflict would inevitably come) on the site staff. That is a responsibility which I have no interest in taking on. I already have school, several online obligations, family, church, and friends. My time on HNZ is being stretched thin, and doing the job of two admin has made me fall behind in too many areas to count. I'm doing what I can, but sometimes it isn't enough, and adding more to it would make me collapse much sooner than I'm prepared to. Even if this isn't a long-term reason to not do the idea, it is a short-term reason.

So that's where I stand with this. :)

They kind of already do that in the plot development section. Where if you have a character, created them, but have no use for them. Many post there to get rid of them. So we kinda do that already and Nick right about conflicts occurring. It happen to me in the past, but I settle the issue. Just thought I say something ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back