Center of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC First Name
Abby
Ivy had not expected to win anything at last year's Costume Contest so she was rather surprised to have won a category for most Traditional Costume. She supposed in wizarding terms that meant the most "Muggle" costume, which made sense since she had dressed plainly as a simple cheerleader. Her first year she had come as a dinosaur and she'd gotten so angry that so many people kept mistaking her for a dragon because she had kept insisting dragons didn't exist, but of course they were just "hidden" all her life.

This year she was going as something a lot better than a cheerleader and a lot more fun to talk about than dragons or extinct dinosaurs. Ivy was dressed in a deep blue dress that got wider and wider as it reached the floor with lots of of strings of lights to act as the stars that orbited around her. In her blue gloved hands she held a large star for emphasis which made her feel almost like "Miss Universe." She even decided to wear blue eyelashes and clip in blue hair extensions just for added effect, though she was finding the star kind of a nuisance to carry around, trying to make sure she didn't poke anyone as she walked around the hall.

Bisera hadn't known what to expect from a halloween at hogwarts but she knew that she needed to impress, she needed to be the best she could be, and so, it had come to her, looking at some of her clothes and with a little eyeliner she could be her father's favourite artist. Bee didn't know much about the woman herself, the woman she was dressed as but she felt like it was a perfect costume. She felt like she'd managed to capture it in the way that an 11 year old might. As she walked through the great hall, she was silently looking between the other costumes, there were very elaborate costumes everywhere, clearly to impress someone had to go full out. In fact she spotted the kind of costume that she just had to have in the future, people couldn't even approach the older girl that might there was so much going on. But, Bee had to talk to the girl, both to figure out what she was but also because she couldn't help but think that this girl was dressed dramatically, and thus was being more dramatic than Bisera could be. She walked confidently over to the girl, "What are you dressed as?" the girl was blunt in her question, but she felt it was the only way to talk to this girl. There was no sense in being polite. "It's pretty amazing," Bee did add, since she had to admit that it was.

Just as Ivy was considering putting down her star to grab herself a cup of punch, she heard someone approach her and ask what she was dressed as. Ivy turned around and saw a slightly younger girl and gave her a small smile when she had added the compliment at the end, because initially Ivy was ready to tell her off for being so rude. But she could admit that perhaps her costume wasn't so easy to guess, but she liked the mystery and theatricality of it all. It beat being 'traditional' like last year. Ivory held up the large star above her head and gave a twirl so the lights around her twinkled and said, "I'm the universe!" She quickly stopped spinning so she wouldn't get dizzy and then looked at the other girl up and down. "Are you Frida Kahlo?" she asked with interest, but skeptical of wizards knowing who she was.

The costume that this girl was did make sense. It wasn't too obvious but once told it made a lot more sense. She could see why this girl had said this was the universe. Certainly it wasn't too obvious without being told, but she liked the imagination and colour that had gone into it. It was the sort of thing that caught the eye and it was impressive no matter what she'd actually been, "I am indeed!" the girl nodded, "She's my father's favourite artist," the girl replied, she didn't know much about the woman herself and she knew that she was a muggle but her father liked her, and talked about her work and it's importance to Bee, so it had stuck out in her head. "I don't know much about her, but my father says she was really important, and I'm really important, so it's a perfect match!" it was a very self-absorbed statement about herself, with a lace of truth about who she was dressed as. "Maybe not the universe, I'll have to do that at some point in the future," Bee admitted, "Being the universe must be exhausted though, the costume is so complicated, it can't be fun to sit down, and I imagine those lashes aren't too fun either, but it's worth it for the whole look," Bee was both complimenting the girl, and in her own mind undercutting some of the work that had been put in.

Ivy smiled when she guessed the girl's costume, but her smile didn't quite reach her eyes as the girl admitted she didn't know too much about Frida Kahlo. It seemed weird to dress up as someone you didn't know much about, but her explanation about her dad made much more sense. Ivy was really close to her own father and was a fan of the same things he was just to be have more in common with him. "Well you look really good, and you should learn more about her, she's really cool!" Ivy said encouragingly, complimenting the girl even if the younger one seemed to be criticizing her outfit a bit. She laughed a little and shrugged as she said, "Beauty is pain," jokingly, and then added, "It's not that bad though. Where's the fun in sitting around when you could be dancing and exploring the haunted house or something?" Ivy pointed out. "Though it is a shame I can't sit in the cobweb hammocks because those look super comfy," she added. "But that's okay, I can rest when I'm dead," she shrugged. "I can hardly see but maybe that's a good thing so I don't get spooked in the haunted house," she laughed. "Have you been inside yet?" she asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back