Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Tilly)
Wand
Vine Wand, 11 ¼ in, Acromantula Web Core
Seraphina remembered the last discussion she'd had with her nonna before she passed. They had talked about why she kept getting into fights at school and that she had no friends. And while that had been a lengthy discussion, her nonna had also addressed her unimpressive grades. Seraphina wasn't sure why she was struggling so much. Even though she didn't want to, she usually attempted the homework and understood what they were talking about in class. But all the reading felt too much to handle. And that was impacting her actual spellwork, among other things. She was reluctantly visiting the library, and found a table far away from other students. Pulling out her Charms book, she tried to read over some of the theory behind one of the spells they had worked on last year. But it just felt too much and quickly ended with her face hitting the middle of the book out of frustration.

@Delilah Thorne

Delilah was a little surprised to at how relieved she was to be at school. Things at home had been tense during the holiday but that was nothing new. But with Caleb at school now she could at least relax knowing he wasn't on his own all the time at home. There was probably infinitely more things that could get him into trouble at school but at least that would be a prefect or professor's problem. Not hers. Classes were already not shying away from the homework and Delilah decided she needed some time in the library to make sure she wouldn't drown in assignments so soon. And with her wand being as temperamental as ever, she needed the study time.

The library was more populated than she was used to out side of exam time and it was hard to find an open spot. But Delilah stopped short when she noticed a girl from her year, literally burry her face in a book. "I think you need to take your head out of it if you actually want to read any of it." she said, trying to lighten the mood but it came out harsher than she intended. It sounded like something Brooke would say. "Do you need help?" she asked quickly and earnestly not wanting to come off the wrong way.

Last edited:
Seraphina pulled her head out of the book and noticed a familiar face but couldn't place the girl's name. She thought they had classes together or had met before, but either way, she didn't know why the girl was judging her. The Gryffindor closed her book and slumped back in her seat, crossing her arms. "It's not like it matters. I've never gonna understand this stuff anyway." Seraphina was rather surprised that the girl was just randomly offering her help. "Unless you can explain to me how to do the summoning charm, I don't think anyone can really help me." It was the first time she had admitted actually needing help to anyone, and she suddenly regretted it.

Delilah frowned slightly as the other girl sat back and crossed her arms. She felt guilty for her comment and wanted to make it up to her. "So you're studying for charms?" she asked. The question was a bit obvious but it was a place to start. Delilah sat down, her assignments could wait a bit longer. "I might be able to help with that." she said genuinely and smiled. "Can I see your book?" she asked tentatively, and pointed at the book the other girl had just pushed away. "And my name is Delilah. I...think we've met before, but it's nice to meet you more properly." she added, hoping to improve the way this not quite first impression was going by being cordial.

Seraphina looked back up at the girl and nodded. She didn't understand why magic had to be so difficult. Her mother made it look easy, and maybe she was right. Maybe Seraphina really was meant to be a squib and something got messed up. Pushing her book over towards the girl who introduced herself as Deliah, Seraphina recognized her face from class but wasn't surprised she didn't know her name. It wasn't like she spent much time socializing. "Right. Seraphina," she said, feeling like she had seen the girl outside of school at some point but was probably just confused. "I can't really give you anything for helping me," she said, hesistantly, wanting Deliah to know that if this was tutoring kind of thing, she couldn't afford that, even if her mother judged her for her grades.

Delilah smiled shyly as the Seraphina gave her name and she took a seat carefully pulling the chair to the table. She reached out to pull the book closer but faltered when the other girl said she couldn't giver her anything. It took longer then she would have liked to admit to figure out that she meant money. “Oh, I don’t need anything.” Delilah said quickly and held up her hands, slightly embarrassed that she would have assumed that. She turned her attention back to the book and realized that she might not be the best help when it came to charms but if she could get through with out having to demonstrate, she might actually be able to help. “So what spell were you looking at?” she asked curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back