Cave man

Dominic had a perfect reason as to why not just put up a treehouse. "Well we still could have electricity," Dom explaind, "but if it was inside the tree nobody would be able to see it or know about it." Dom was puzzled at Alex's last comment, it was perfectly obvious that Dom was underage. Why did Alex comment on it? Dom just shrugged and let it pass away. he noticed that Alex's words were beggining to slur a little. As Alex filled up another cup of rum, Dom began to feel a little bit worried. "I think you should stop now, mate," Dom advised, knowing perfectly well Alex would probably refuse. People do stupid things when they are drunk and he didn't want Alex to do anything stupid.

Alex laughed at the thought of stopping drinking. " It's all good, I usually get really drunk and start rattling on about stupid stuff, I'm not a violent drunk if that's what your worried about. Plus even if I was drunk you would belt the crap out of me mate." He slurred as he downed the rest of the bottle, which filled him right up and burned his throat as it went down. He was drunk as a skunk now and the words he was going to say where not going to come fluently. " So you would know where Lightning Ridge is ? In Australia." Alex slurred as he stood up, but then fell back over.

Dom was releived to hear that Alex wasn't a violent drunk. He said he just rattled on about stupid things, that was fun, Dom always did that even when he was perfectly sober. Lighting Ridge? He had heard of that somewhere. "Uh yeah okay," Dom said, "I have actually heard of it before. I think that it might be in New South Wales. Am I right?

" Yeah mate, about two hundred kilometers from the border to Queensland. Its a opal mining town famous for the black Opal. Which really isn't black it is a really pretty colored stone." Alex managed to say as he extended his hand towards Dom showing him the stone in his large gold ring that he wore every day. " I live there man, It's the best place to go hunting. No Werewolves, its the best." He said as he tried once again to stand up which he managed to do but was a little bit shaky on his feet. " you should go come down there one time man, Ill take you around the town, show you how to mine for the Opals and maybe take you out hunting."

"Oh wow," Dom commented as Alex showed dom his black opal ring. He grimaced at the thought of going hunting, admittedly he didn't like hunting, Dom was vegetarian actually. Nonetheless he nodded. "Yeah, that would be good," Dom lied, well the town seemed nice, but hunting was not his forte. "I'm from the Sunshine Coast," Dom said, "it's about an hour and a half drive north of Brisbane. There is quite good surf there."

Alex smiled, he had never been surfing seeing as he lived so far away from any beaches. Lighting Ridge is in the middle of nowhere the only good thing there is the Bore baths which is a giant pool, filling with bore water from a hot spring. " Sunshine Coast seems like a good place to live, you get Crocodiles up there don't you?" He asked wondering, seeing as he had only ever seen a Croc once when he was swimming in a damn up at cape york. Cape york was probably the best place in which Alex had been hunting.

(( Man you should see the size of the pigs up cape york.))

Dom was surprisised when Alex asked about crocodiles, Dom had never seen a crocodile at the Sunshine Coast before. "Actually, I have only seen crocodiles up in the Northern Territory," he told Alex, "But we get loads of snakes though.... And spiders too." Dom remebered back to the time when he was about eight and got bitten by a spider, luckily it wasn't a poisonous spider but Dominic had a massive freak out that day.

((I know... They are massive ))

" Spiders are nothing, you just squash them, the good thing about New Zealand, is there is no snakes around here." He slurred still. He had one bottle of Rum left and was tossing up whether he should drink it. It would get him absolutely Paralytic but it would be fun while it lasted, he decided against it. Just is case some of the creatures came out of the forest and attacked them, he wanted to know he would be able to fight back. He walked over to the other side of the fire, stumbling as he done so, he was so drunk he was struggling to walk but not enough for him to pass out.

"Gave me a good screaming when I was eight though," Dom said, thinking out loud again. He watched as Alex stumbled over the fire and ran by his side to stop him from falling over. "Be careful mate," Dom advised knowing if someone got a butn they would have to go to the nurse and admit that they had camped out in the forest. Dom got his sleeping back out of hid backpack, he was thinking that he probably wouldn't need it but it was quite cold and they couldn't leave the fire burning all night. Someone might see it and come investigate and secondly it could burn down the whole forest.

Alex couldn't help but laugh at how Dom had gotten up and ran over to make sure he didn't fall over. " It's all good mate, what ever doesn't kill me will make me stronger." He managed to say as he plopped himself down on the bank or the pond. He almost rolled backwards into it but stopped himself and reached over and poured himself a glass of coke. " Got to drink a lot of non alcoholic beverages, so I don't have a hang over." he said as he downed it in one go the shook his head furiously the bubbles burned his throat.

"Or gets us expelled," Dom muttered under his breath. Dom hadn't thought about Alex getting hung over, and decided it was a smart move to drink up otherwise they could be stuck in the gave all of tommorow with a very grumpy Alex. Dom sat down next to Alex and luaghed as he nearly fell into the water. "You're really drunk," Dom said laughing.

Alex laughed at Dom pointing out the obvious to him, it was pretty silly, but also funny. " Nah mate, I'm sober as." He lied, as he looked back at the water, that was behind him. " Yeah man, I'm pretty wrecked, its not that good. Alcohol is a complete waste of money, should never have started drinking in the first place. I'm not a alcoholic either, i just don't mind a drink every now and then." He said as he scratched the back of his head and laid down on the ground and looked up at the roof of the cave. It had been a while since Alex had been this drunk, but it was something that he had gotten all to used to after the death of his brother.

From what Alex just said, he had pretty much confirmed what Dom had suspected all along. He wasn't just drinking for fun otherwise he wouldn't have told Dom that alchohol was a complete waste of money. Alex lay down but Dom remained in a sitting position. "You're drinking because your sad. Aren't you?" Dom said, wondering if this was all about the death of his brother Justice. It must have been pretty hard coming back into the forest.

" I just drink to get over everything that has happened man, I have no family at all. There all dead." He slurred as as tear ran down the side of his face, it was only when he got drunk that he really showed how sad and emotional he was on the inside. It was difficult for him to express himself if he didn't have it, it was like something he needed. " It was hard at first just to get used to the fact they weren't coming back.Drinking isn't good for you it makes you more depressed." He managed to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back