OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Beech Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Hattie couldn't believe that she had made it to her seventh year. She was almost finished with school, which meant that she had to quickly decide what she was going to do after that. It was a tough decision and the only thing she had in mind was Ancient Runes. But how many jobs included Ancient Runes? She was sure there weren't many at all. She needed some advice, and she wasn't really sure where to get it anymore.

The teen entered the Great Hall with a grumbling stomach. She enjoyed the meals in the Great Hall, and that was one thing she would definitely miss when she left school. She had a whole year to eat as much food as she wanted though, and so she was ready to sink her teeth into some breakfast. Walking past the Hufflepuff table, Hattie could see Sam. She hadn't spoken to Sam in a while and thought she might have breakfast with her. After all, there was no point having breakfast alone when there were friendly faces about. Hattie approached her with a beaming smile on her face. "Hey! Do you mind if I join you?" she asked. Before she could even respond however, Hattie sat down and began piling some toast onto her plate. She was much too hungry to wait.

Samantha couldn't believe that it was her final year at Hogwarts. Time had flown by far too quickly. However, the girl wasn't particularly sure what she wanted to do when she left school. She had a few options in mind, but none were set in stone in her mind just yet. But for now, she wasn't going to worry too much about her career path just yet and focus on trying to make as many memories as she possibly could on her last year of Hogwarts.

The Hufflepuff had decided to wake up a bit early and head down for breakfast just so that she could try and maybe have a productive day today. Maybe she'd get a bit of studying done for the day? Or maybe she'd spend her day a little bit outside? She wasn't sure. Sam sat at her house table, getting her breakfast together, such as getting herself some toast and fruit when she sensed that someone was approaching and speaking to her. Samantha looked up and smiled when she saw the familiar face. "Oh hey, Hattie," Samantha says with a small wave. "You sure can," Samantha says with a small nod and smile, but laughed a little when Hattie had already taken a seat. "How was your break?"

Hattie was glad that Samantha didn't have a problem at all with approaching her. She only had a couple of friends at Hogwarts, and she liked to think that Sam was one of them. Her best friend of course was Minnie, but that was probably because they shared a dorm together and had a few classes together, and her other friend was Adorah. Hattie just wanted to eat, but she didn't mind Sam asking her about her break. "Oh yes it was good. It feels weird, you know, being in our final year of school. I have no idea where I will be this time next year and I guess it's also a little scary." she told her, buttering her slices of toast before crunching on them. "How was your break? Did you get up to anything interesting?"

Samantha nodded along as Hattie began to speak, taking a few bites of her toast and chewing onto her fruit here and there. The Hufflepuff took a small gulp of her food before she spoke. "That's good to hear. It does feel weird! Honestly, I'm on a similar boat as you. I have absolutely no idea either" Samantha says with a chuckle and shrug. The girl had no clue what she wanted to do next year, though she did have a few options in mind and wanted to keep an open mind of what she wanted to do in her career. Samantha shrugged at Hattie's questions. "Honestly? Nothing really exciting. I caught up with my family and friends. And worked. But that's really it. But I guess it was good" Samantha says with a small giggle, before taking another bite of her toast.

As Hattie spoke to more people, she was beginning to realise that she wasn't alone in most things like she had always thought she was. It was nice to talk to others, and Hattie was glad she had come to sit down with Sam. "I was thinking of going to my Head of House and asking her what to do. I really like Ancient Runes so maybe she can suggest me something." Hattie said, thinking aloud as she poured some pumpkin juice into a glass. She took a sip of it as she listened to what Sam did on her break. "Oh, you have a job too! I work at the Makutu Dinette and I really like it. Where do you work?" Hattie asked, wanting to know more about her friend.

Samantha took another bite of her toast and a sip of her drink, while also listening to Hattie. "That's actually not a bad idea. I think I might have to do the same, that might actually help me. There are a few subjects I'm enjoying as well." Samantha says, just after she finishes taking another sip of her drink. "Ancient Runes sounds interesting! What's that like?" Samantha asks Hattie curiously. Sam hadn't been interested enough to take the subject, but it did sound interesting to her. Samantha nods as Hattie explains where she works. "Oh, that's good to hear that you're liking it. I work at Vibez! It's pretty fun actually. All the clothing and accessories are pretty cool" Samantha says with a giggle and shrug, and then takes another bite of her toast.

Hattie continued eating her toast as Sam responded to her. "What are your favourite subjects?" Hattie asked her as she mentioned there were a few that she enjoyed. Hattie personally didn't like anything anymore than Ancient Runes, but she knew subjects such as Charms were very important to know. "Oh Ancient Runes is amazing!" the Ravenclaw exclaimed. "You learn about all these different runes... it's like learning a new language... and then you do readings to determine one's future. It's so much fun!" Hattie knew not that many people felt the same way, but there was just something about imagining a future through the runes that interested her so much. She listened as Sam told her about her job at a clothes shop. "Oh Vibez, that's near where I work. I don't usually go there much though, the fashion just isn't my thing, you know?"

Samantha thought for a moment over Hattie's question. "Oh, that's a bit hard, because I enjoy a lot of the subjects I'm taking. But I think it may have to be either History of Magic or Divination" Samantha says with a giggle. Samantha liked the idea of learning about the history of things, especially with the Magical world. She guessed it was because her father would always tell her things about the magical world. Samantha took another bite of her toast and nodded along as she listened to Hattie explain Ancient Runes. "Oh, that's cool! Have you done many readings on anyone?" Samantha asked Hattie curiously, as she then took a sip of her drink. "Oh, that's understandable! Everyone has different styles and stuff" Samantha says with a nod when Hattie then spoke about her fashion style and whatnot. Samantha wasn't all into fashion, though she had happy where she worked and she liked interacting with people and something to do to keep her busy. Earning some money was good too.

Hattie listened and took a sip of her pumpkin juice as Sam answered her question about her favourite subjects. "I love History of Magic too! It's really interesting learning about the past. Also, what's Divination like? Is it interesting?" she replied. The teen hadn't chosen Divination as an elective, but sometimes she wished that she had. She heard it was similar to Ancient Runes in that people were able to predict other's futures, and Hattie was sure she would have been good at it if she tried, and it was a shame that she didn't. "Oh yes, I've done plenty of readings on people, but mainly on myself to be honest. Some people think it's weird, but I like it." Hattie told her, not ashamed to admit that she liked the unordinary. She was glad Sam didn't mind her not liking the fashion at Vibez and thought that made her a good friend. Despite their differences, Hattie rather enjoyed talking to the Hufflepuff.

Samantha nodded and smiled. "Yeah! I love learning about the history of things, it's cool. Divination is interesting. We learn about the star signs and tarot reading. Those are always fun" Samantha says with a giggle, before taking a sip of her drink. She had enjoyed learning about tarot card reading the most since learning about Divination, but hadn't done a reading on anyone for a while. "Oh, self-reading is always good too I guess. It's a way of practising. I mean, if you ever want to practice anyone, you can always do a reading on me" Samantha offered with a small smile.

Hattie was genuinely interested as Sam explained what Divination was like. It seemed like Ancient Runes, however there were a lot more ways to do readings with different tools and equipment. Hattie liked her runes however, and thought Ancient Runes was probably the easiest out of the two. She figured Sam was really smart learning how to do all of those different types of readings. "Yes, doing readings is so much fun! You guys get to use crystal balls and stuff too right? That's a lot stuff to learn." Hattie said, wondering how she had the time to learn all of it. As Sam said Hattie could do a reading on her one day, she beamed, glad to have such a good friend. "Oh that would be really good! And I'm being serious. If I'm going to do well in Ancient Runes then I'm going to need to practice a reading on someone." she said, hoping Sam would be available for it. "And of course, if you need to do a reading on me for Divination then I will be more than happy to assist."

Samantha nods. "Oh yes, we totally do!" Samantha responds to Hattie's question with a small smile and nod. There were so many things that she had learned when taking Divination, she was surprised that she was enjoying it and remembering bits and pieces from all the things that they were learning. Samantha smiles as Hattie mentions how if Samantha needed someone, she would also be happy to also do a reading. "That's great, I'll keep that in mind," Samantha says with a small nod and smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back