OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Amy looked at the book in front of her and sighed. She could never focus on something unless she forced herself to think it was important. Since she had been homeschooled before coming to Hogwarts, her social and study skills weren't as good as she had hoped. She started to blush as she thought about her first night at the school. She had managed to make a complete fool of herself in front of a few of her classmates. It was almost as if the world was trying to make her embarrassed when she ran into the couch.

Amy shook her head."Focus," she muttered. Someone caught Amy's eye as they walked behind her. Amy realised that it was one of the other Hufflepuff first years. What was her name again?"Padme?" Amy asked.

Last edited:
The hufflepuff liked the library a lot, it was a quite familiar place. There was something about all of the books, something about the quiet calm of the place that she was really loving. It was just nice. The hufflepuff was vaguely aware that the girl walking a little in front of her was a dorm mate, though she didn’t want to say anything, just in case it wasn’t, that would be a little too embarrassing for her to deal with. However, the problem was that the girl turned around and said her name. Padme remembered who it was, Amy, from that first night when it seemed all of her dormmates had been unable to sleep and she’d become quickly overwhelmed by the amount of people who’d surrounded her. Something she hoped wouldn’t happen too often in the busy Hogwarts school. She gave a little tentative smile and a nod, ”Yeah, Amy right?” she hoped she’d gotten that right it would be embarrassing to get it wrong when she’d just gotten her name right, ”The library is really cool don’t you think?” the hufflepuff added, unsure of what else to say but keen to be friendly with this girl.

Amy nodded and smiled."Yeah. It's super cool." Amy really wanted to redeem herself from that first night."I've never seen a library with so many books before. Have you?" Amy really wanted to make some friends. Maybe since Padme was in the library, she liked books too.

Last edited:
Padme smiled in agreement, it was super cool. There were so many books and so many incredible things in this school, the library was certainly one of the more amazing things in this place. The hufflepuff looked around them at the various books in the library, ”I haven’t, my primary school had a fair enough library but nowhere near as incredible as this,” Padme was sure that even in seven years she wouldn’t read all of the books that were contained in this place. She had a few books in her arms and was hopeful of a chance to really just sit and study a bit. ”Are you reading anything in particular?” the hufflepuff asked with a smile.

"I was homeschooled, so I didn't even get to have a library." Amy smiled back."Not really, I've just picked out a few that I thought I might like. Are you reading anything in particular?"

Last edited:
Padme frowned at the homeschooling comment, she wondered if that meant this girl was from a magical or non-magic, magical made more sense, since in all her time around muggles she’d never met anyone who was homeschooled. ”Wow, homeschooled, this place must be so weird for you,” the girl couldn’t help but say, she felt herself blush lightly at it and hoped that she would be able to just move on from it. ”Not really, not particularly sure where to even start with everything on offer here,” Padme said with a small smile, there were so many new subjects and new things for her to learn she really didn’t know where to begin, ”I’m just trying to read a little of everything,” Padme added.

"It's so different here," Amy replied."But each of my siblings were homeschooled before coming to Hogwarts, so I guess I will get used to it. Dad wanted us to go to school, since he's a Muggle." Amy was a little tired after this rant, but smiled."Reading calms me."

Last edited:
Padme nodded in agreement, it was very different here, whether one came from a school or not. She didn’t particularly understand why homeschooling was a thing for magical kids, surely it would be good to get them into school while parents worked, but Padme knew not all parents worked and as much as muggle school hadn’t been great for her, it was something to do every day. ”Muggle school isn’t great, you didn’t miss much,” Padme said with a little smile, ”Reading is very good for that,” Padme said, she glanced at the girl and wondered if she was tired, she seemed maybe a little. ”Do you want like sit and read together?” Padme didn’t necessarily mean they would read the same book, more so that they would sit at the same table and read together. She had come to the library to grab some books and read, why couldn’t she do this with someone else.

"Well, if I didn't miss much, I'm sure I'll manage." Amy smiled."Sure! Reading together sounds like a great idea. Let's find some seats." They wandered around for a little while, trying to find some seats. It didn't take long, as the library was reasonably quiet. They put their stack of books down and started to read.

Last edited:
Padme gave a little smile, ”Especially given how different all of the classes we’ll be doing here are,” Padme said in agreement, she was almost a little jealous of Amy having not had to go to school before this, especially since Padme had found primary school to be a pretty terrible experience all round. Though of course that had just been for her, as far as she knew her little sister had had a good time in school so far. She smiled when the girl agreed to sit down with her so they could revise together. She found a spot, following behind Amy and sat down in the seat. She moved the books out in front of her, ”I’m hoping we don’t get too much homework in the first few lessons,” the girl said as she opened up her first book.

Amy nodded."Surely not, we're only in first year. I think they'll give us more when we get into the higher years, when we sit our OWLs and NEWTs, but until then I think it will be minimal." Amy thought for a moment."Maybe later in the year we'll get more though." She shrugged, and opened her book.

Padme nodded in agreement, she was sure that her brother did way more work that she was and he was only a third year. It had to get more difficult with time, surely. They were first years, and they were new to the magic they’d be taught. ”Hopefully not too much, I don’t know how well I’ll keep up with it if we get a lot of work during our first year. There’s so much to learn,” Padme couldn’t help but have worry and concern lace her voice. She had always managed to keep up in muggle school but that had been easier, she’d been a little aware of a lot of the subject that they covered in the class. The subjects in this place were different, everything was different. She looked down at the open book in front of her, it was all very daunting. She knew others had managed to do it, so it wouldn’t be that impossible for her to manage it too. But, she just felt daunted a little by the scale of the task.

Amy sighed when she started reading. The idea of studying magic seemed like fun, but she knew that it would be harder than she realised."Yeah, there is a lot to learn. I'm not used to having different teachers, so that's making it harder." She pulled out some things so she could take notes."It's also hard because a lot of it is book work, and I learn things better by actually doing them." She carefully wrote out a heading, then started taking notes which were not as neat as her heading."But I'm sure if others can do it, we can." Amy was trying to convince herself that it would be okay more than anything, but Padme sounded like she was in a similar position. They were both worried, but were trying to convince themselves it would be fine.

Padme nodded in agreement, ”Same, I had a new teacher every year and a few extra ones for certain classes, but it wasn’t a new one for every subject,” the Hufflepuff agreed, of course her experience of that would be different from Amy’s who hadn’t gone to any school before hand. It had to be something a little weird for the other girl, going from nothing to then all of these professors. Padme had at least had a bit of an intro to what school would actually be like. The hufflepuff nodded in agreement, ”I’m sure we can!” Padme grinned happily, she liked the reassurance from the other girl that they could do it. ”Have you tried any of the spells?” Padme asked, there was only one spell that they were supposedly able to do when they hadn’t done any classes. She hadn’t been able to practice it that first night like she’d wanted to, but maybe in the library studying with Amy she would be able to. Perhaps Amy had tried it? Had tried it and would be able to give some advice to Padme if she was less successful with it.

When Padme asked if she had tried any spells, Amy looked thoughtful."Well, I've tried one, but I couldn't get it right." She blushed, a little embarrassed. She had wanted to practice the spell more, but she wasn't sure if Padme wanted to."Have you?" She asked."Practiced any spells, I mean." She hoped that she wasn't the only one struggling with the magic part of Hogwarts. That was the most important part, and she didn't want to fail because she couldn't do it.

Padme shook her head a little, ”I tried one too, the Lumos one,” Padme paused and shook her head again, ”Well, no, I tried to practice it during the first night here and then so many other people were around, I never got the chance,” she had liked meeting people and it had been interesting to meet some of the people she’d met, some of her roommates, the boy, it had been a lot for her on the first night but she could figure why people were eager. ”Do you think we could try it here?” she didn’t want to be the only one to practice a spell, would they even be allowed to in the library? Maybe the spells would be allowed if they were entirely harmless, which she knew this one was. She wouldn’t do it without knowing that Amy might just do it with her.

"That's the one I tried too." Amy had spent one night when she couldn't sleep in the Hufflepuff common room, practicing the spell with no one around. When Padme asked if they could practice spells on the library, Amy shrugged."I mean, I guess we could. I haven't heard that we couldn't." She pulled her wand out of her pocket."Do you want to?"

Padme nodded eagerly and took out her own wand, holding it lightly in her hand. She really wanted to practice a spell and certainly it wouldn’t be wrong to practice such a harmless little spell in the library. It wouldn’t disturb anyone, surely. So she just nodded to Amy, ”Yes,” though it was fairly evident that she did, given that her want was out. She remembered the spell easily, and said, ”Lumos,” the wand lit up a little, not a whole lot, but a little. It immediately faltered and died but she had somewhat done it! She looked to Amy, hoping she would now try the spell before Padme had another go at it.

Amy grinned as Padme performed the spell. Padme's wand lit up, and Amy nodded her head."That looks good," she said. She held her own wand and said,"Lumos." Her wand lit up, maybe not as bright as it was supposed to, but still bright. The light slowly went out, but Amy was pleased that it had worked.

Padme smiled brightly when the other girl said that her spell looked good. She appreciated the praise that her new friend was giving her. She hadn’t thought it was particularly good, but if her friend thought it wouldn’t be too bad. She watched as Amy too did the spell, ”Wow!” she praised easily, in awe of the spell that they had both managed to do. It was an easy spell for her to do, it was a useful spell too. She took her wand again and thought for a moment, ”There’s a spell to stop it, isn’t there?” the girl said, other than concentration breaking to stop it, it would be another spell surely. Padme was sure she had read something about it perhaps Amy could remember it.

Amy nodded."I think it's Nox," she replied."I remember reading about it somewhere." She held her wand and said,"Nox." The light went out. She grinned widely. Magic was so cool. She was glad that she had gotten the chance to learn it.

Padme nodded as the other girl said it was perhaps Nox. The hufflepuff was sure when she heard the other girl say it that it was indeed that. Padme watched, with the light on her wand still shining as the other girl tried the other spell, and was right. ”Wow!” she exclaimed happily. Magic just worked like that, it was so cool to just be able to do spells. She looked at her own wand and thought about the spell. She then said, ”Nox,” and the light on her own wand went out. Padme couldn’t help the little excited laugh and looked at her friend. ”That’s so cool,” Padme had done magic! She was always so eager to do magic, to learn about it and that was her first ever spell. ”Lumos,” she said again, and the light came back seemingly brighter than before. ”Nox,” and the light went out again. She couldn’t wait to learn more and more spells!

Amy laughed."I think Charms is of if my favourite classes. I love it!" She repeated the two spells, newly squealing with delight. She had to remember that she was in the library and needed to be quiet."What's your favourite subject?" She asked Padme."I never thought that I'd be able to choose one so quickly!"

Padme smiled in agreement with what the girl said, she wasn’t sure which of the classes was her favourite yet. She liked all of the ones she had so far, but she liked History of Magic, but it was more so that she liked having the class with Jace. She shrugged, ”I don’t know if I have picked yet, I really like charms, but I also really like History of magic,” she said. It was so early in the year and they hadn’t even had all of their classes yet so how could she even possibly decide which she enjoyed the most. ”I just like actually learning about it, you know, it’s all so new and exciting. I think I’ll enjoy potions too,” she said.

Amy nodded."I think potions will be interesting. And probably quite handy." She put her wand down and grabbed out her notes. She wanted to write didn't everytime she practiced a spell, just so she didn't over practice one and not practice another."I agree, it is exciting. I like leaning new things and this is a great way to do it!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back