BWU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Hello and welcome to another Bi-Weekly Update by yours truly! With all that's been going on lately, this has come a bit late, but I'm sure you'll forgive me becAUSE SORTING!
Okay! We have a lot to get through, so sit back, grab a hot drink (or cold if you're in 'Straya), and enjoy the read!
SORTING!
It's sorting time already!!! Most of you have seen this already, and we are already seeing new Firsties being sorted. Just remember, you have two and a half weeks of sorting, so if you are like me and have way too many characters to sort, you have plenty of time to pace yourself. Otherwise you'll end up with ten (Tenile).
All the information you need is in this topic right here. So get sorting! I can't wait for all the RPs and new characters!

Accio!
Accio! Is one of my favorite things. The team have been working incredibly hard, so a huge up to them. It is now live! Click [member]here[member] to see the masterpiece!

Boo who?!
We are interested in having the House Ghosts once again become an integral part of the site, and we would like to give the opportunity to RP a house ghost to you!

Each house has a ghost and they are: Lady Helena the Brave, Evan Faire, Anmoch Marchach, and Professor Gladys Wright. If you are currently the holder of a House Ghost password, you will have one week to come forward and let us know why you should continue to RP the ghost.

We will also begin accepting applications via PM. Please find the application below:
House Ghost said:
Name:
How would you rate your current activity level:
Why should we choose you to RP a house ghost?
Anything else you'd like us to know?
Once you've filled it out, please PM it to my main account, Professor Cyndi Kingsley. Please do not specify which house ghost you'd like. Admin will choose which ghost each RPer will attend to.

All selected people will have reign over the House Ghost for 1 IC year.

We look forward to reading your applications!

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the admin)

End of Year Feast!
For the older characters, there is still time to post in the End of Year Feast. Somehow, Gryffindor managed to snag a win even after all their shenanigans. But make sure you head on over to see all the top point earners as well! Such fun.

Puffs vs. Olds.
Last week, the reigning champions, Hufflepuff, took on the Professors in a Quidditch game. Well that was embarrassing. Hufflepuff ended up dominating the pitch, scoring 170 to 0! They bludgered the Professors, scored two goals and then caught the snitch. What a crazy game! If you haven't yet read the madness, head on over here.

With all the Quidditch games, a lovely new system is set up to show you the Overall Standings. With this cool new thang, you can see that while Ravenclaw hasn't won any championships, Slytherin has won 4! Absolute madness.

Graduation
Graduation has been open for awhile, but won't be for too much longer. Make sure you all get in there and say bye to all your Seventh Years. All Prefects, Professors and Staff are among the invited, so pop on over and get to RPing!

Holidays!
The Holiday Forums have been opened! I know some crazy RPs are already happening, and definitely one there that we should all keep an eye on.
I can't wait to see what all your characters get up to during the break![/class]

Apps Apps Apps!
As it's the beginning of a new IC year, there are apps up to your knees. We have Professor apps, and Shopkeeper apps!
Ever thought one of your characters would be the most loved Professor? Dreamed about taking points away from those annoying students? Now is your chance! There are three Professor Applications up at the moment! While being a Professor is a big commitment, we encourage you all to give it a go; we love seeing what new characters can bring to the school.
Is retail totally your thing? Love Owls? Eeylops Owl Emporium is on the hunt for a new shopkeeper. This shop needs someone who loves animals, can handle a bit of poo, and an active character.
Click here to see all the Applications that are up right now.

Wait more apps?
On the talk of applications, all other apps will be opening this weekend sometime. That means you can apply your heart out for all your pure-loving-blood people, your scary creatures and special abilities and more. Please be aware that it is still sorting time, so it will take a little bit longer than usual to get back to you. Be gentle!

Working on Lessons
Hey Professors! While you have this nice long break, it'd be great if you used this time to work a little bit on your lessons. Change it up, make it exciting, go for gold! Just make sure, if it's content change, please PM myself or Cyndi to make sure it's okay :)

End of Y24
We know there are a ton of things happening, so all things Y24 related have been bundled up in a nice little topic for you here. Most of it should be covered in this BWU, but just in case all the new things get too much and you forget.​
[ul][li]SO. I see no one highlighted any plots. That's cool, we'll just have to do it for you.
BUT GUYS. Highlight your plots. Highlight other people's plots. We are here to RP and read RPs! We want to see your awesome plots and read about your characters. Don't shy away and hide it from us!</LI>

[li]Scraps
These two absolute cuties meet for the first time. Do sparks fly? Do awkward couples work together? Read this and find out! :wub:

[li]Unexpected Run in
Matthew really should've paid attention to where he was going

[li]Ran out of band aids
Clara is about to learn how fun the nurses are

[li]Uncharted Territory
When a student is upset a professor really steps up

[li]An Unscheduled Visit
A student presents a card to the expecting Head of House

[li]4,372
Arvo and Monty have a heart to heart, but why is there a student listening in?!

[li]Every King Needs Her Crown
Professor Ava King is a very busy woman, especially at the beginning of the year.
Vex is a very bored poltergeist.
Should be fun.
[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]FIRSTIES
[li]Sorting Hat sass!
[li]Awesome RPs.
[li]New Professors!
[li]An awesome new year
[li]GHOSTS
<LI>[li]A poltergeist?
[/li][/ul]Wow! Thanks for bearing with me through that. There is a lot happening, and I'm so excited! Get out there and have fun!

As per usual, any comments, concerns or questions are welcome! :wub:

~Donna :donna:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Wooo!!!

Exciting xD Thanks for the update Donna ^_^

Riley Sparkles said:
Otherwise you'll end up with ten (Tenile).
D: What are you implying?
For your information, I am pacing my self, even set dates for each one I'm sorting. :r
xD Great update, Donna :hug:

ACCIO! SORTING! HOLIDAYS! ACCIO! GHOSTS! NEW PROFESSORS! PLOTS!

Sorry, I'm a bit over excited xD

Basically, I love love love this update :wub: I'm so psyched for everything. Thank you Donna! :hug:

Thanks for the exciting update Donna! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW YEAR AND EVERYTHING ELSE BEFORE AND SORTING AND OH MYYYY SO MANY THINGS ARE HAPPENING (please ignore the caps :r )

I doubt I'll make a new first year this year though, muggle school is starting again tomorrow (a new school year) and I'm gonna have to focus really hard, but...if I get a lot more organised than last year, then I'll make a new firstie.

Oh, screw it, I'm making a new character, Alessio's little brother xD Can't resist :p

So much exciting stuff happening!
Can't wait for the house ghosts!

Thanks for the update Donna!

Everything is so exciting!! :frantics: But I especially wanted to comment on how great the Accio is!!! Loved it! :wub: Keep up the great work guys ^_^

We are now accepting applications again. As Donna mentioned, please be patient with us after you submit your app.

Please don't forget that we are also looking for some professor spots to be filled! ^_^

We've received some great applications so far! We will only be accepting PMed house ghost applications for a few more days. :r So, if you're interested, get to it! Details are above. ^_^

We will no longer accept ghost apps. Thank you to all who submitted one. :)

If you submitted an app, you will receive a PM in the next day or so with our decision.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back