buying the textbooks

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
It was the last week of the holidays and tara had returned to new zealand from her home in India. she had only a few days to get over her apparition lag, and purchase all of her school books. she had been to the second hand shop and got her books. and she was heading to the apothecary to get the potions supplies. she had just taken a seat outside and taken a bottle of water out of her bag. he took a few mouthfuls and slipped it back. she was glad that she was back in new Zealand. this holiday hadn't been as bad as the previous, however the prospect of a wedding was ominous. one of the other families had a wedding she she had seen her fiance playing, this meant that theirs would be one of the next weddings, schedules for the summer after she graduated.

One thing that the slytherin prefect truly loved about the holidays was that she did not need to be a perfect student. She did not need to be a representative of her year and therefore well behaved. At Hogwarts she had to look and act like a good girl, at least here in the Holidays she could act like whatever she wanted. It was why despite everything the holidays were her favorite time of year. She could shop, go dancing, go to the beach, go on holiday to many different places and just have a bit of fun. It was why she did actually spend a lot her time in the wizarding areas, rather than the muggle areas she usually went to. Today it was a fairly nice day, and Lily had dressed as such. A short skirt, with high heeled shoes, and smart t-shirt. The t-shirt tucked into the skirt, giving her waist an even smaller look to it. She walked slowly and carefully, to be sure that she would not fall over and embarrass herself. She knew how to walk in heels, it was just not good to not pay attention since that was what lead to people falling. She prided herself on being able to walk well in heels of such a height. It gave her long legs the appearance of being longer and thinner. She had her hair down in lose but thick curls. Giving her hair more volume. Overall, Lily had put a lot of time and effort into her clothes. Which was something the slytherin did often. She didn't care if people bought she was vain. She'd much rather be vain than looking terrible. Which was what she didn't want. Lily wanted, more needed to look perfect after all, she was girl that was queen b!tch, and a queen had to look her best after all. And this was why she had spent the better part of two hours getting ready to go out. Today she had specific things in mind to buy. The next school supplies. She didn't need anything apart from some new quills which she knew she could easily and quickly buy. Which was why the girl planned ahead and told herself to have some fun.

Walking down the streets of Obsidian Harbour, Lily noticed a girl sitting alone on a bench. It wasn't that the girl had a bad sense of style more that Lily was really looking for a brand new target, She walked towards the girl and then round to the back of the bench. She leaned against it, carefully so that her skirt didn't ride up. She gave a slight cough and glanced down at the girl. "Well, well, well." Her cold tone said, "You must be a hufflepuff, because only the sh!ttest house in Hogwarts would have people who dress in such a poor sense of style." Lily chose her words carefully. She didn't know what the girl was like. And she wanted to play it safe, at least to begin with. "I mean, have you ever considered actually trying in the morning."

Tara looked up as she heard someone approach, she was hoping that it was one of her friends, preferably Kate or Dymetris, however it was an older girl, and she didn't seem happy. at the sound of the girls voice there was no problems guessing what house she was in, the house that though that hers was the weakest, she must have been a slytherin. she had a couple of friends in the house, Stefan and Artemis, but she knew that they were the rare ones, many of them were pretty mean and it looked like this girl was one of those. she looked gown at her clothes she quite liked her salwaar kameeze, she had been given it over the summer. "well it seems we have different tastes. I actually quite like it" she said standing up and picking up her bag. "considered trying what?" she asked innocently, she knew what the girl was asking but she couldn't think of what else to say, she wasn't one for snide remarks.

Surprisingly to most, Lily had actually seen a fair share of bollywood movies. At her dance school, before hogwarts learning bollywood dancing had been one of the many courses. Lily had taken twice. And she had realized that it was very difficult. She had also found that all of the girls in the movies were flawlessly pretty. It had always sparked jealous in her, that she would never be as pretty as they were. She had never had the opportunity since then, but it was like that to her. This girl in front of her was fairly pretty, with a bit of work, she could be. But, Lily wasn't hear to help the girl out. Lily didn't want to help her out, she seemed like one of those girls that thought they were naturally pretty and therefore had to do nothing. Lily was pretty, she had soft, long brown hair, she was skinny and she had light brown eyes that made her look very pretty. However she did not see herself as pretty, she had to make herself look prettier, with make up and appealing clothing. It was why as men were walking past the two at the bench, some had their eyes fixated on Lily's long legs. This girl had on a color that didn't suit her, and that was why she was even bothering with her. Normally, Lily would've moved on, but she was looking for fun, and fun was this girl. It was just slightly unfortunate for her. The girl probably thought she was some ignorant western girl with no knowledge of any other country. Not to mention Lily knew that the girl thought her a Slytherin. Only the latter was true. Lily was a proud slytherin. As much as Slytherin was less proud to have her, considering she is muggleborn.

"I like Salwaar Kameeze's as much as the next girl. The right color and style and a girl can look like a princess, but this color, does not suit you, and makes you look bigger than you are. Which is not compliment by the way." Lily said stating pretty matter of factly, watching the girl closely, while smirking. She gave a very light laugh as the girl attempted to ask innocently. Lily leaned back and stood at full height. "Funny" Lily said sarcastically. "That's adorable. But, you should really consider actually looking at the colors you put on in the morning. People might think you're colorblind. And you wouldn't want that now would you." Lily smirked at the girl, she didn't care if this entire thing was completely pointless, it was fairly fun to the slytherin. And she knew that she was probably enjoying it a lot more than she was.​

Tara could see the girl trying to suss her out. it wasn't that she was a complicated person to her simple things were always the best. she was a little surprised that the girl could name what it was she was wearing. as she had found most people in new zealand didn't know what it was called, they just thought of it as an indian tunic, or something else along those lines. Tara looked at what the girl was wearing herself, to be honest she wasn't a big fan of it, it seemed that it was what was expensive and high in fashion but nothing else, it didn't seem to have any character beyond that, however she didn't say that or even let it show on her face as she certainly didn't want to provoke the girl.
she smiled at the girl as she insulted her clothing. "maybe we don't all want to look pretty. maybe some people do dress down so that they don't get the attention of the rest of the world, but maybe i didn't do well enough as i seem to have gotten your attention" what she was implying was purely the truth, she didn't wear her favourite clothes often for that reason but she hadn't made herself look bad on purpose, but now come to think of that it was a goof idea, Id the Patils only wanted her for her looks (mainly her green eyes) she could always try and hide her looks to keep them away, but then again she was probably in that hole to deep at the moment for that to work. when the girl said that people would think she was colourblind she started to get a little defensive not for herself but for one of her friends "to be honest I wouldn't mind, one of by closest friends is colourblind and he is one of the nicest guys i know" she said starting to walk down the street away from the girl hoping that she wouldn't follow her but guessing that she would
OOCOut of Character:
I am sure you know who she is refuring to :r

A bored Lily Fossil was an annoyed Lily, she had few boundaries and knew that at times she could really push a person to not exactly want to ever be around her. She didn't care, the girl did not go looking for trouble, instead she found that annoying someone every so often got her into small spots of bother, but never anything too serious. This was her general thinking after all. She knew full well, that most people didn't like her, they thought she was a heartless, stupid b!tch. And Lily was completely fine with people thinking that about her. It didn't matter to her. She was who she was, and she was really not about to change just because someone didn't like it. It was why when she fixated on a person and started to annoy them it went very quickly annoying. It wasn't anything to begin with, it was always annoying, and then there were the few times that it got dangerous, like the time Lily had stupefied someone out of a tree. That had been dangerous but incredibly fun. It wasn't like she thought the person would be seriously hurt, they were magical, it would be a lot easier to save the person and the tree hadn't been high, so she knew the girl would be fine. A little sore and bruised but that was it. Here with this girl all Lily could do was smile and be her usual b!tchy self which was really not that hard. The girl however was good, Lily had to give her that she at least could appear like she was disinterested and that all Lily was saying were mere words. Lily shrugged at the girl, it didn't really matter that the girl had her attention she had one word to explain that, and it was bored. "I was bored, and you were just sitting there, I had to do something" Lily said with a falsely friendly tone. She watched as the girl clearly did not like Lily's own clothing, to which Lily didn't care. Since in the end her clothes were hers and they showed off what Lily had to offer. At the comment about colorblindness, the girl appeared to get defensive. This made Lily curious. Did she know someone that was. Lily had never met one. And clearly this person was important to the girl.

"Touchy," The girl said, walking over to the girl as she began to walk away. "I'm sure you say that you wouldn't mind, but I'm sure that you would mind if you were. And I'm sure that your friend minds a lot. I bet the jealousy inside him, about the fact you can see color and he can't eats away at him. I wouldn't be surprised if the nice guy thing was just an act. And secretly he hates everything about you." Lily didn't know the guy, she didn't care if he was partially or fully colorblind, she also didn't care if she was completely off point about him, the girl probably could never be sure about if he was or wasn't. "I'm sure given the chance to switch with you, he'd take the color without giving your feelings a second thought." Lily's tone was like ice, cold and hinting at a slight sarcasm. Lily smiled falsely at the girl. Keeping a slight distance from her, to be able to watch her, and if necessary be out of harms way.​
<i>
</i>

tara continued down the street trying to ignore the girl following her, past the shop with brooms in the window, and the book shop, and a pet shop. she always felt sorry for the animals in the cages, and although she didn't like the idea of pets she often considered buying one just to get it out of the cage that it was kept in in the shop, then cam the ice cream parlour, she loved the look of the ice cream, but she couldn't afford ice cream, plus she tried to avoid cows milk, so she would have to have a sorbet, however it was too cold today as it was the middle of winter, maybe once she got back to the castle she would treat herself to a hot drink of chocolate or chi. she was almost taken in by her not-quite-an-appology-but-as-close-as-she-thought-that-the-girl-would-give. However she saw through her ploy when she started talking about Stefan (not that she knew who he was) "I never said that i wanted to be colourblind, i just said that i wouldn't be offended if someone said i was" she said she didn't believe the girl at all as she said things about him. "I need to get potions supplies and parchment. so I had better get going" she said as she reached the apothecary, she didn't believe a word that the girl said, but even so it took her a second to remember why she had to go to this particular shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back