Butterflies in cocoons

Lou was pleased he could sleep in Eriks room. He was too cold here, he needed the warmth. He was too tired to properly understand that Erik wasn't actually upset with him. He came to a complete stop at the last words. "Wait you- you told me to- was I not supposed to-"

Lou cussed, unable to help the tears that welled up in his eyes. He backed up quickly, wrapping his arms around himself and hanging his head. "I wasn't trying to push- I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I- I'll just get a hotel or something for now and go back tomorrow, I'm sorry," he rambled, backpedaling quickly. He turned, meaning to make a quick exit, feeling both mortified and disappointed. He'd really been looking forward to seeing Erik again.

Erik's eyes widened when Lou mistook his words for something else. He lunged forward to meet Lou, grabbing his wrist and pulling at him gently. "Merlin, Lou, I'm HAPPY you're here." He smiled encouragingly, feeling terrible. He hated when Lou got insecure like this. Didn't the man know how much he was valued? Maybe that was Erik's fault. "Come on. I'm not letting you go to a hotel."

Lou stopped as Erik grabbed his wrist, looking back to him with tired eyes. He nodded slowly, stepping back and leaning down to bury his face in Eriks neck. It felt like the months of bad sleep were crashing into him. "Okay," he agreed softly, staying close a moment before straightening and running a hand over his face.

Erik wrapped his arms around Lou's waist, squeezing tightly. "I'm happy you came to visit," Erik repeated. He kissed Lou on the cheek before he pulled away. "You look exhausted, Lou."

Lou rubbed his eyes, smiling softly. He wanted to kiss Erik but he also knew if he did he wouldn't stop and it was too cold for that right now. He settled with wrapping his arm around Eriks shoulders and squeezing softly. He nodded at the statement. "I don't really sleep well," he spoke softly.

Erik's smiled faltered a little as Lou said he didn't sleep well. Without even asking, he knew it was his fault. He turned to face Lou, squeezing him again. "We can Apparate now," he said. They were at the dark end of the street where No-Majs were not likely to see them. The two traveled with a distinct pop.

They materialized on Evan's screened-in porch. Erik kicked the moisture off his boots and stepped inside, leading Lou in. Evan was off elsewhere. He walked Lou straight to his room. "Washroom's down the hall, if you need it."

Last edited:
Lou followed along after Erik easily. He shook his head quietly at the offer. "it's okay. Where should I put my bag?" He asked, shivering harshly at the sudden change in temperature.

"Anywhere is fine," Erik said. "There's an empty dresser drawer if you want to use it." He ran his hands up and down Lou's sides. "Let's get you warmed up." He took Lou's jacket, hanging it up, and tucked him into bed. He pulled the comforter over Lou up to his neck, and added a wool blanket on top for extra warmth. He kissed Lou on the cheek and stepped out quietly.

Erik found Maleficent standing outside the door, swishing her black tail back and forth. He picked her up and stroked her back as he went to find Evan. She was curled up in the armchair, reading a thick book about No-Maj electrical engineering.

"My boyfriend's going to stay here for a bit. That okay with you?"

Evan didn't even look up from her book. "Which one?"

Erik wanted to throw something at her, but it wouldn't be very nice to throw the cat. "I only have one, you ass." He sat down on the sofa. "Lou just traveled in from New Zealand."

Evan smirked. "That's fine. You know the rules."

The one rule at Evan's house was not to mess with her workbench. He was more than happy to oblige. Erik cuddled with the cat for a while, finding it hard to believe Lou was in the other room. After downing a pot of hot tea, he crawled into bed with Lou and snuggled against him. Erik promptly fell asleep.

Lou shut his eyes, leaning a bit into the touch. "I missed you, my butterfly," he murmured, half asleep already. He was sluggish as Erik moved him to the bed, sighing softly as he dropped. No sooner had he fallen into bed than his body crashed. Lou was passed out in moments, his entire body going slack.

Lou was asleep for a long while, hardly stirring unless he was reaching out for Erik to pull him in again to cuddle. He was groggy when he finally woke up again. He sat up, confused as to where he was. He rubbed his eyes, hair a mess, and looked around in search of anything familiar.

Maleficent was meowing loudly and scratching outside the guest room door. Erik had woken up earlier that morning and milled around the house. Given that it was past five in the evening, he was surprised Lou hadn't woken. Not wanting the cat to disturb Lou, he swept her up, opening the door and peeking in. Lou was actually awake. The cat wriggled its way out of Erik's grasp, bounding across the floor and pouncing onto Lou. "Hey there, Sleeping Beauty," Erik said, leaning against the door frame.

Lou was confused by the mewling. There was a cat? He blinked, trying to figure things out. When Erik opened the door. Lous eyes instantly lit up. "Erik," he breathed, barely paying the random cat any mind. Lou rubbed behind her ears a moment before tossing the blankets back and striding over. He yanked Erik into the room, shutting the door behind him.

It was a while later before Lou settled into bed again. Lou scooted closer, curling into the other man and smiling softly. He pressed a kiss to Eriks neck. "I love you," he whispered again, yawning and trying not to fall asleep.

"Love you, too," Erik replied. Surely, his counselor wouldn’t approve of him saying this so early into a renewed relationship, but it might just be one of those things he didn’t open up about. His heart was beating at a steady pace. He ran his fingers through Lou's hair. Erik was hungry, but he had a feeling Lou was going to fall right back asleep. He was about ready to doze off himself.

Last edited:
Lou enjoyed the feeling of Eriks fingers in his hair, and it quickly lulled him back to sleep. He stayed asleep for a while, not stirring again until the sunlight was pouring back into the room the next morning. Lou groaned and sat up, realizing in that moment that he was starving.

Erik had fallen asleep with Lou. He opened his eyes when there was movement on the bed. Yawning, he stretched, turning onto his back and squinting at the sunlight that had made its way through the curtains. "Morning, sunshine," he said, pecking Lou on the cheek.

Lou smiled softly as Erik wrapped an arm around him. He fell back into bed, turning to face Erik and starting to pepper kisses over his skin. "Sleep well?” He murmured, wrapping around Erik and cuddling close. "Sweet butterfly," he whispered, nuzzling his nose into the crook of Eriks neck.

Erik yawned in response. "Think I'm hungry, lovebird," he murmured. But he had no intention of moving. Closing his eyes, he snuggled into Lou. He could sleep for the rest of the day.

Lou blushed as Erik called him a lovebird, insanely pleased at the nickname. He shifted Eriks face so he could kiss him. "Now that you mention it, I'm starving. I don't remember the last time I ate." He admitted, his stomach twisting uncomfortably at the mention of food. How long had he been sleeping?

Erik kissed Lou back, then rolling back into the mattress, tucking his face in the crook of his arm and closing his eyes. "You did sleep for a full day.." He felt like he was going to doze off any moment.

Lou chuckled, moving to grab Erik and lifting him from the bed. "Then we're going out for food. Come on," he carried Erik over to the closet, setting him on his feet and opening the door to all of Eriks outfits. "Get dressed, let's go eat," he leaned down and kissed Eriks cheek, wrapping an arm around Eriks waist and squeezing.

Erik groaned as Lou lifted him from the bed. “I’m tired,” he complained. He turned to Lou with sleepy eyes, clumsily kissing him back on the chin. He stepped forward, picking out a pair of slacks and a sweater. He yawned as he stepped into his pant legs and pulled the sweater over his head. It was one of Lou’s. He hadn’t even thought about it, it was just one that made him most comfortable.

Lou chuckled, slipping into a fresh set of clothes from his bag as Erik got dressed. He turned back to Erik, his heart skipping as he saw the sweater. He smiled, stepping close and lifting Eriks face to his for a kiss. Lou held his face in his hands, rubbing his thumbs over the man's cheeks. "Where are we going?" He murmured, but kissed Erik again before he could answer.

Erik yawned again, feeling like he could fall asleep standing. Maybe he would just crash in the restaurant booth. He was about to respond to Lou's question when the other man kissed him. Erik pulled back, blushing a little. "I'm glad you came out to visit me, Lou."

Lou smiled, nuzzling into Erik and running his hands lightly over the man's back. "Mmmm, not an answer," he teased, nipping Eriks neck. "But I'm glad, too. I've missed you," he confessed softly, a quiet longing in his voice as he pressed more kisses to Eriks skin. He didn't voice the fears that Erik wouldn't come back, the worries that he would leave Lou again.

Erik smiled as Lou held him. He clung to Lou tightly. After a few moments, he pulled away. "Let's go for something hot and greasy?" He could imagine the plate of hash browns that had his name on it.

Lou chuckled, nodding and pulling back. "Lead the way," he murmured.

It wasn't long before they were settled in a booth. Lou was pleased that Erik sat with him instead of across from him. After ordering in a deluxe skillet with everything on it, he turned to look at Erik with a shy smile. "How have you been?" He asked shyly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back