Building the Foundations

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor sat on the couch of her Mother's small townhouse in Australia. She had already visited her Dad when she first left Hogwarts. He had decided to stay in New Zealand a bit longer, but Taylor had wanted to see her Mother. So after Hoshi's party and a few extra days with her Dad Taylor had returned to Australia. Taylor sat a little nervous if she would admit, Knight was coming over after an arrangement they had made at Hoshi's party. Everything was tidy, her Mum was a neat freak so it only made sense, but still, she couldnt stop the thumping in her chest at the thought of time with Scorpius.

Scorpius and his mother appeared in front of Taylor's home with a loud pop as the two Side-Apparated to Australia. His heart immediately began beating faster at the thought of seeing Taylor again but was even more nervous because they were away from school, away from friends, just the two of them. He turned to his mother and gave her a smile that said 'Okay you can go now Mom' but she merely beamed back and him and gave him a great big hug as she gushed that he was getting so old now.

Embarrassed that Taylor would be watching from the window somehow, Scorpius quickly shoved his red haired mother away, blushing lightly, as he said, "Okay Mom!" His mother laughed but got the hint that she should leave already and once he heard another pop, his mother was gone. Scorpius walked up to the front door and wiped his sweaty palms on his white shirt and jeans before cautiously knocking on the door, his heart thumping possibly louder than his knocks.

Taylor jumped a little when she heard a knock on the front door. The house had been unnaturally silent, Taylor had thankfully got her sister out of the house during the time Scorpius would be over. Realising she hadnt moved, Taylor quickly jumped up, took one final glance in the mirror in the hallway then stood at the door, her hand on the doorknob. She took a deep breath, scolding herself for acting ridiculous, then pulled open the door, beaming when she saw Scorp's face looking back at her.

Scorpius quickly ruffled his hair once more before he heard the door opening and when he saw Taylor standing there beaming, he quickly put his hand down and eagerly mirrored the smile she flashed him. "Hi there," he said not knowing what else to say, his Irish accent strong once again after having been home for a bit. "How are you?" he asked her after laughing off his nerves.

Taylor had to laugh when she opened the door to Knight ruffling his hair. When he asked how she was she walked forward and gave him a hug, not being able to help herself. "Ive been good, its great to be home again." She said, releasing him from the hug once she had finished talking. She walked back inside and held the door open for him to enter. "How about you?" She asked, suddenly feeling nervous about what Knight would think of her house. It wasnt much, her Dads house was huge and fancy, but her Mum's was smaller, but more comfortable.

Scorpius grinned brightly when she hugged him and wrapped his own arms around her petite frame, truly happy to see her. When she held the door open for him, he smiled and said, "Thank you," before entering her home. He nodded his head in agreement with her statement when she said it was great to be home again. He certainly did enjoy being back in Ireland with his family and the crazy locals at his dad's pubs. When the question was returned to him he just shrugged his shoulders as he replied, "The same, good to be home but good to be here," he gestured to visiting her in Australia. He'd never been there before. "So this is your home huh?" he said simply, looking around with interest. "I like it," he said grinning. He did like it a lot, it reminded him of his home but his definitely seemed smaller, with a now seven-year-old running around it, it probably was smaller now that he thought about it.

Taylor nodded at Scorpius's statement. She smiled when he mentioned being here, "Australia's not much, well Perth isnt much, but I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. Its safe here." Taylor said absently, it was true, Perth was quite boring, but it was home and there wasnt much violence or crime. Taylor nodded, a little shyly if she would admit when Knight spoke about her home. "Yup." She chuckled lightly. "My Dads place is huge, but I think I prefer it here." She shrugged.

Taylor walked down the small hallway that lead from the front door to the lounge room, which also contained the open kitchen. She opened the fridge and glanced in. "Thirsty?" She asked and without waiting for an answer, pulled out two butterbeers, passing one to Scorpius. Taylor smiled, not entirely sure why. Most likely at the simple fact that she was with Scorpius. "So what would you like to do?" She asked in a cheery tone. "I could give you a tour, but my house isnt that exciting, its up to you really." Taylor was starting to feel nervous again, there was always that awkward stage when one plays host and they have no idea what to do.

Scorpius smiled happily as Taylor spoke of her home here in Perth. He knew how she felt about their city not being much but it was home. He followed her into her home and before he could answer her question on if he was thirsty or not, she was handing him a butterbeer. "Thanks," he said with a chuckle. He opened the bottle and took a sip of it. Afterward he ran a hand through his hair which is what he often did when he was nervous. Why was he so nervous that he couldn't even make conversation right now?

When she asked what he wanted to do Scorpius shrugged his shoulders in response. He looked out a nearby window and saw the sun shining outside and looked back at Taylor. He didn't want to be the type of guest that didn't offer any suggestions on what they could do and left it up to the host so he said, "How about we go to the beach?" It was constantly raining in Ireland so he rarely ever saw bright days like this, much less visit a beach. He was nervous that Taylor would reject his suggestion so he took another drink of his butterbeer while waiting for her response.

Taylor opened her butterbeer and drank a small sip as a way to try and get rid of the nervousness she felt at simply being with Knight. She was afraid she would say something stupid, or worse, do something stupid.

Scorp suggested the beach and Taylor grinned. "Sounds good to me." She smiled a little shyly, still wondering why she felt like this. Yeah, she liked Knight, but why was she so shaken up by his presence alone? Trying her best to shake it off, she asked. "Feel like swimming, or just fancy a walk?" She wasnt sure if Scorp had brought anything to swim in, so Tay would be fine with just a walk if need be. Time with Scorpius was great either way.

"Great!" he said cheerily when Taylor agreed with his suggestion, his grey eyes sparkling momentarily. Scorpius looked down at his jeans when she asked if he felt like swimming or simply going for a walk. He hadn't brought a change of clothes and didn't want to have to be in wet clothes for the rest of the day so he said, "A walk sounds perfect," while flashing a smile at Taylor. He would still be able to enjoy the beach and the Australian weather. Right now he was nervous but he knew soon enough the two of them would start to act the way they normally did around each other.

Taylor smiled and nodded, setting her butterbeer down. "Awesome, I'll just tell my Mum we're going, one sec." Taylor said, walking quickly down the hallway, before bounding up the spiral staircase 2 steps at a time, she did this so often she could do it with her eyes closed. Slipping into her Mum's room where the woman was reading, she explained the situation, before quickly heading back down the stairs.

Arriving back where Scorpius was, Taylor grinned. "All set, now lets get going quickly, before she comes down to chat." Taylor chuckled, picking up her butterbeer again and heading for the door. She held it open once again and allowed Scorp through. "Its only down the road, so we wont have to walk far." Taylor had luckily chosen light clothes for the mildly hot weather today.

Scorpius chuckled when she bounded up the stairs to tell her mother that they were going to the beach. Scorpius took that opportunity to jump around partly because he was so elated to be here with Taylor but mostly to quite literally shake off his nerves. Afterward he took another sip of his butterbeer and was so thankful that Taylor had come down at that time and not earlier when she would've seen him jumping.

He laughed when she began rushing him out the door before her mother could come and talk to them. If they were at his house he'd be doing the same thing. He stepped out of her house, thanking her again for holding the door open, even though he thought he should be the one to hold open doors for her but didn't say anything on the matter. She was the host so he supposed he would let it slide. Once the two began to walk towards the beach Scorpius could feel his excitement building up inside him. He took another drink of his butterbeer before asking, "Do you go to the beach often?"

Scorpius jumping around. :wub: :wub2: ^-^

Taylor and Scorp began walking and Taylor still didnt think her heartbeat had gone down. Scorp asked if she goes to the beach often and Tay shrugged. "When its a nice day yeah. I've tried to learn surfing, but I epically fail." She laughed. She had terrible balance. "I guess you dont get to go to the beach much living in Ireland?" She stated, but it sounded more like a question. Taylor hadnt been many places, her parents always went travelling, but never took the children. Taylor had complained about that many times.

:D

Scorpius chuckled lightly when Taylor said she tried to learn how to surf but couldn't. Surfing sounded fun though he didn't think he'd ever learn. Skateboarding suited him just fine. When she sort of asked that he never went to the beach because he lived in Ireland, he nodded his head yes. He chuckled a little before saying, "It's almost always raining or cloudy." Scorpius shrugged his shoulders a little to show that he didn't really mind it, it was home to him.

Taylor grinned. "I suppose I'll have to visit sometime." She raised her eyes skyward, with a look of obvious innocence. "Wink wink nudge nudge." She said between obvious coughs. She then looked back at Scorpius and found herself lost, a goofy grin on her face, in which she quickly wiped off her face the second she realised she was doing it, which was probably a moment too late.

Scorpius chuckled nervously at her obvious hints when she said she'd have to visit Ireland sometime. Scorpius turned to look at her and realized she was smiling rather big and when she caught herself she wiped it off. This only made Scorpius laugh more and match the same goofy grin she wore seconds earlier. "Well you know, I did kind of mention to my parents that I was gonna have a friend over the day after tomorrow," he said nonchalantly though his heart was going a million miles per second. For some reason this was more nerve wrecking to him than actually asking Taylor out in the hospital wing, he guessed it was because Ireland was such a big part of him and he was so willing to share a piece of it with Taylor. He wanted to clarify that by 'friend' he meant her but right now his heart was in his throat so he didn't think he could speak.

Taylor felt the blush creeping onto her face and Knight's smile and inwardly sighed in defeat, and so the blushes begin, she thought to herself. She nodded when Scorpius said he had mentioned to his parents that he was going to have a friend over. Taylor grinned and looked ahead, noting the beach not very far away at all. "So who you going to invite, Sam? Toni?" She said in a teasing way, feeling pretty sure that was an invitation, although the fact still remained that it might not have been, but it would be fun to see how Scorpius reacted.

Scorpius chuckled lightly when she asked if he was going to invite Sam or Toni. "Hmmm," he said calmly, clearly dragging out his response just to keep her in suspense. She had to know he meant her right? He kept his hands in his pockets as he continued to walk towards the beach and said, "Well Sam and Toni are my best mates and it would be fun to invite them.." he said, masking his voice as if Taylor's suggestion had caused him to change his mind and consider inviting them instead. He couldn't keep his act up for long when a grin appeared on his face and said, "But I was hoping...you would come instead," he concluded with a hopeful yet anxious look on his face.

Taylor listened, her eyes in front of her as Scorpius failed to answer, instead keeping her hanging. As he began talking about how Sam and Toni where his best friend, Taylor actually thought he was about to change his mind. She looked up at him then, about to raise an eyebrow when he finally invited her and a grin appeared on his face. Taylor smiled also, tapping her chin with her forefinger. "I suppose I could." She said indifferently, before shaking off all joking attitude and saying, "Id love to." The same words she had used when accepting Scorpius's date invitation.

Scorpius couldn't help but grin wider and his hands in his pockets balled into fists out of happiness though he was glad Taylor couldn't tell. "Great!" he said brightly. "I mean, it's only fair that I return the favor you know? First you invite me to your home, it was only right that I invite you to mine," he began to ramble. "Although I must apologize in advance for my younger brother, he gets really excited when I'm around now because he hasn't seen me in so long, so I think inviting someone else will just cause him to explode with happiness," he said with a nervous laugh. Now that Taylor had accepted his invitation to his home he was nervous about a whole other mess of things like if his parents would show up and embarrass him and especially how Orion would behave. He ruffled his hair, hoping that he hadn't just screwed himself by asking her over.

Taylor grinned brightly, not even noticing that they had began walking on the small path down to the beach, the stone turning to sand. Taylor stopped for a moment, leaning down to pull a shoe off, as she reached for the second, she asked, looking up at Scorpius. "How olds your brother?" Taylor straightened again with both shoes in her hand, feeling the sand beneath her toes. Taylor had two younger sister's and knew exactly what it was like when new company was around.

Scorpius could tell they were close to the beach now, the unfamiliar scent of sea water filled his nostrils and he welcomed it warmly along with the sun. He watched Taylor remove her shoes and chuckled but thought he should do the same soon enough. "He just turned seven in March," Scorpius replied with a slight eye roll. His brother had been severely disappointed that he had missed his birthday and made sure to remind Scorpius constantly as soon as he returned home from school. "You have younger siblings don't you?" he asked her in return as they finally reached the beach. He stopped midway and kicked off his shoes and socks rather clumsily since he was around Taylor.

Taylor nodded, when her sister had been seven Taylor was tempted to leave home, but maybe that was just because her sister was so obnoxious, nothing much had changed. "Yeah I have two. Jessica is nine and Faith is two." She said, glancing sideways at Scorp as he stopped to take off his shoes. She too halted and waiting until he had taken his shoes off. She then began to walk, her toes sinking into the sand, her heart still skipping at a faster than normal rate, an average breeze pushing her blonde hair back slightly. Taylor had expected her mind to be filled with things to say, thoughts to ponder, but it was blank, the beach made her feel strangely at ease, her heartbeat the only thing determining that was still nervous around Scorpius.

"No brothers?" he asked her with interest. He knew his mom always wanted a baby girl but so far she just had her two boys. "Or older brothers right?" he asked with a look of anxiety in his face, what if she did and he'd have to meet them and they were very overprotective of her and didn't like him and made them break up? They haven't even officially gotten together! Before Scorpius could freak himself out even more he remembered all the conversations he'd had with Taylor and she had never mentioned any brothers, so he was good right? He laughed nervously as he shook off his nerves and walked all the way towards the edge of the beach, the water immediately washing over his bare feet. "Are your sisters hard to deal with?" he asked just to make conversation. No matter how annoying his brother was he couldn't hold it against him, especially now that he rarely got to see him.

Taylor had to giggle as Scorpius's nervousness on the concept of brothers was clearly evident on his face. "Dont worry, no older brother." She shook her head with a fond smile, placing a hand on his shoulder. She laughed once more and let her hand fall before it became awkwardly placed there.

They approached the water and Taylor let the waves draw up and flick at her ankles, she kicked it lightly on impulse watching as it splashed up, only a little. "Well ones two, which just answers your question immediatly." Taylor allowed a role of her eyes, Faith was a typical toddler, it couldnt be helped. "And Jessica is, well, not the best behaved kid." Taylor said putting emphasis on the word best. Best? Jessica was a nightmare, but Scorpius probably didnt need to know that. "How about your brother, I trust you get along well with him." It was meant to be a question, but Taylor said it as though it were a statement, implying that it would be hard not to get along with Scorpius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back