Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo Orr didn't have many opportunities over the break to look after his broom, though there wasn't a lack of space for it, his grandfather had banned it. He didn't always do so but there had just been a desire for him to not be flying around. Leonardo had spent a good amount of his break outside, camping in the garden, not really by his own choice. Leonardo hadn't minded, it had been mostly warm and dry and he liked sleeping under the stars, but the ground got rather sore after a few days so he was mostly just thankful for his bed. He'd risen early enough and after a light breakfast because the weather was so nice he'd come out to the lakefront and was carefully maintaining his broom. More people were coming outside but Leonardo just remained focused on his task.

In all honesty, Molly was bored. She didn't really have anything to do at the moment and she guessed that she wanted to try and cure her boredom. The Hufflepuff decided to make her way towards the lake, maybe to try and find that eel that people keep talking about, but she wasn't gonna keep her hopes up for it. As she reached the lake, she noticed that someone else was already there and decided to make her way towards them. She realised that it was Leo and smiled as she walked a bit closer to him. "Hiya Leo! Whatcha doing?"

Leonardo was concentrating hard on the task at hand, probably more so than he needed to for what the task was. He glanced up at the sudden voice greeting him. He glanced round to the culprit and gave a little oh when his brain seemed to catch up. "Oh, hello Molly," he said with a rather serious tone. "I'm maintaining my broom," he told her as if it was obvious. "What about you?" Leo asked in return, since that was the polite thing to do. He didn't mind Molly, but he also didn't know her all that well.

Molly nodded as Leo had mentioned that he was maintaining his broom. It kinda sounded boring in Molly's opinion, but she decided not to say anything out loud. "Nothing really," Molly says with a small giggle and a shrug. "I just decided to walk around the castle and outside," Molly says with a small smile. She was honestly bored and didn't have anything to do in mind. Sure she could have hung out with her cat, but she wanted to also do things herself or with her friends. "You're on the Quidditch team, right? Do you like it?" Molly asked curiously, deciding to make a conversation with her classmate, as she swayed side to side a little with a smile.

Leonardo nodded as she said she was just walking. He thought it odd that she giggled, since it wasn't funny and he'd have thought most would find walking boring. But he decided to ignore the giggle and focus on the reply, being just about the weather, "It is a nice day for a walk," since it was nice, it was the tail end of summer but not yet cold. "I am yes, chaser, and I do like it," he replied, his attention was half on his broom and half on Molly. "You're welcome to sit," he offered, he wasn't sure if she was moving off soon, which he wouldn't be surprised by or if she was looking for something to do which might involve speaking with him.

Molly nodded in agreement and smiled as he mentioned it was a good day for a walk. The Hufflepuff didn't usually take walks around the grounds of Hogwarts. Usually, she'd be inside or out and about with her cat or happily skipping around the grounds bothering someone else. She nodded as Leo had explained what he did on the quidditch team. "Chasers throw the ball into the hoops, right? I forgot the name of the ball..." Molly says nervously, hoping that she wasn't wrong about it. She didn't really like the game of Quidditch, but she kinda had an idea about the game. "Oh really? Thanks!" Molly says with a small giggle before she took a seat. She watched as Leo maintained his broom. "How do you maintain your broom? What does maintaining do?" Molly asked curiously as she tilted her head to the side a bit, unsure if her questions were annoying the boy or not.

Leonardo nodded, ”Quaffle,” he replied as she said she didn’t know what the name of the ball was. He glanced at her as she then sat down, seemingly quite eager to do so. He wasn’t really sure why, after all, he was fairly awkward and surely she had better people to spend time with. But she was sitting next to him. ”Polish and light sanding to keep the wood smooth,” he motioned to the long part of the broom and then down to the bristle, ”And then keep the bristles in check,” he replied, Leonardo had been maintaining his grandfather’s broom, having to do this after almost every occasion he’d used it growing up, so it came rather naturally for him to. ”It keeps the broom in good shape, especially lower end models like this one,” he told her, his voice factual and without any hint as to whether he enjoyed this part or not. He could figure from her questions and her lack of knowledge about quidditch that she probably didn’t fly, but as a little beat of silence followed, he decided to just ask. ”Do you fly?”

Molly eagerly listened to Leo as he explained about maintaining the broom and whatnot. It had sounded like a lot of hard work, which made Molly think she wasn't really cut out for the idea of Quidditch. She shook her head with a small smile as he had asked about her flying. "Nooo, I don't do flying. Heights kinda scare me" Molly says with a small smile. She did okay in flying classes, but the thought of heights kinda freaked Molly out. "Do you ever get scared when you're flying? Like you aren't scared of heights or anything?" Molly questioned the boy. Molly didn't really understand how people weren't scared of heights. Are they not scared that they're gonna fall?

Leonardo hadn't thought that Molly would be afraid of heights, though he had to admit he hadn't really given that much though to what his housemates would be afraid of. He didn't think it worth discussing. He nodded in understanding, it was a rational enough fear. "it's a rational fear, since it's probably more the fear of falling from such a height that would likely result in death than just the fear of being tall," he said with a serious tone, but he shook his head, because it wasn't a fear he had. "I don't find heights scary so no," he told her since that was the short of it. He had found flying a little terrifying when he'd first done it, but it had been a while since then. "I've been able to fly for a while...so didn't have the time to become scared of it,"

Molly listened as Leo had explained about heights and whatnot. The Hufflepuff understood what he had meant but she also didn't understand how people could be fine, flying through the air without a thought of them falling or whatnot. "So... how exactly does quidditch work?" Molly questioned curiously as she tilted her head to the side again. Sure, she could just go to a game and see what it was like to understand it. But it sounded boring, especially if she didn't really understand what was happening. Maybe if Leo explained it to her, she might turn up to the next game to see it better in real life. "Do you also have any fears?" Molly says with a small smile, as she also brought up another question. They had spoken about fears and she was curious if Leo had any of his own.

Leonardo was a little thrown by the question, "It's a sport, so, two teams trying to score in each other's hoops," he told her, explaining it in the simplest terms he could though knowing that it perhaps wasn't that simple. "And there's a seeker on each team, who are trying to catch the snitch to end the game, most times to win it too," He didn't say that it definitively meant the game was won by the team that did the catching, but it was rare for it to not. He looked back at his broom, and knew he wasn't going to get too much done with Molly there, so he began to at least tidy up the open pot he had. He frowned at the other question...did he have any fears...he feared always being alone, but that wasn't something to bring up to someone he didn't really know. "No," was therefore all he said.

Molly nodded as Leo had explained about quidditch. "Oh... I see... And the snitch is that gold ball that flys right?" Molly asked. She knew that she was asking a lot of questions, but she didn't really know if she was annoying the boy. The girl couldn't really tell when she was annoying someone, as well as if she was stepping over any boundaries. She frowned a little when the boy had said he had no fears. "Really? None at all?" Molly asks as she fiddled with the end of her skirt. "What do you enjoy most about Quidditch?" Molly asked. She thought that it would be fun to get to know her classmate, though she didn't even notice or bother to realise that she was most likely distracting the boy from a task he was meant to be doing.

Leonardo nodded, "Yes, and worth 150 points if caught, hence why it often leads to victory," Leonardo explained, though his tone was serious, there wasn't any annoyance in having to explain things. He didn't mind having to do such a thing. He shook his head at the question of fears, not wanting to linger much on the possibility of her pushing him to give an answer. "I like being part of a team," he replied. "What sort of things do you like?" he asked, realising that he'd talked a lot in the end about himself and it wasn't particularly fair. To get to know someone you had to ask questions in equal measure.

Molly's eyes widened at the mention of how many points there were when the snitch was caught. "Woah, that's a lot of points," Molly said just above a whisper. She guessed that learning a little bit more about Quidditch had helped her understand a little bit better why Quidditch was such an important sport for people. Molly didn't push any further on the fears though, she guessed he didn't want to be pushed or anything. "Being on a team seems fun" Molly says with a nod and smile. She thought it was always fun being around so many people and just being friends with a lot of people. Molly smiled a little when he had asked her a question. "Oh, I really love my cat Gumdrop. I only got her just before I started school this year" Molly says with a smile. It had been almost a year since Molly had her cat, and she loved her fluffy companion and would do anything for it. "I also love lollies and the colour pink," Molly says with a small giggle. "How about you? Is there anything else you like aside from Quidditch? Do you have a favourite colour?"

Leonardo nodded in agreement as she seemed to realise how many points one ball and catching it was worth. He wasn't sure she understood his point about being on a team but just let it go, since he wasn't so bothered about making her understand. He was sure he'd seen a new cat roaming around the door. "What kind of cat is it?" he asked politely, he didn't know the first things about cats or what they were like but thought it worth asking the question. This was a competition. He could agree to liking the same things she did but that wasn't a problem. Apart from when the question was turned to him..."Oh...no...I like quidditch, that's about it," his voice fell slightly, thinking of how others on the team were busy with other things, Felix and his muggle magic. "I like the colour grey?" he offered, almost as a question. "Pink is your favourite colour right?" he added quickly hoping the draw the attention away from him.

Molly smiled happily when he had asked about her cat. She loved that cat a lot and would do anything for her fluffy companion. "Gumdrop is a Ragdoll. She's very fluffy" Molly says as she smiled brightly. Talking about her cat made her miss her companion a little, even though it wasn't that far from where she was. She knew she was gonna give Gumdrop a whole heap of cuddles when she was gonna see her cat a little later. Molly listened as Leo spoke, a little disappointed that she wasn't getting to know much about her classmate. "Grey's a cool colour, " Molly says with a smile and nod. She thought that maybe grey was a bit boring, but she thought it was an interesting colour to pick as a favourite. Plus she guessed that it might go with everything. "Yes. Pink is my favourite. A lot of my stuff is pink" Molly says with a small giggle, as she blushed a little with embarrassment.

Leonardo didn't know what a Ragdoll cat was or how fluffy it could be in comparison to other cats, so he just nodded. "Gumdrop's an interesting name," he said, clearly trying to compliment her and seem interested in the cat and what this girl was talking about. Leonardo was just sure it didn't come out too well, and he knew she'd probably just think him disinterested. Leonardo gave a tight frown at her saying grey was cool, knowing given she liked pink that it was the last thing she actually probably thought was cool. "That's nice. When did you decide pink was your favourite?" he wasn't sure why she'd giggled, so he just kept trying to be interested in it and keep the conversation going. Though Leo was sure he was boring her.

Molly smiles a little as Leo had told her about her cat's name. She knew that it wasn't the best name for her cat. But she was hungry that day and she was in the mood for Gumdrops, and that's how the name came to be. Her brother had teased her a lot that day when she came up with the name. The girl shrugged a little when he had asked her a question. "I dunno really. It was ages ago, and the colour looked really pretty to me" Molly says with a small smile as she then fiddled a little with her hair. She had hoped that she wasn't boring or annoying Leo. She knew that there were times when she annoys people but doesn't realise until later on.

Leonardo nodded as she described why she had that as her favourite colour. He thought it was quite interesting that it was the colour she had seemingly always liked. He didn’t have anything like that one, and then he knew his grandfather wasn’t the sort of person to cling to anything for long, apart from clothes. ”It is a pretty colour,” he agreed, and while he didn’t smile there wasn’t a hint on his tone that he didn’t believe it. If this girl thought it was pretty then it was pretty. ”And it’s cool that you’ve liked it for so long,” he added, since he did believe that too. It was cool that she had liked it for so long, it was neat that she just knew what her favourite colour was and there were no questions about it. ”Do you have a least favourite colour?” he asked, since if she was so passionate about a favourite maybe there was a least favourite too.

Molly shrugged a little when Leo had mentioned that she had liked the colour for so long. She was proud of herself that she did, but at the same time, she felt that she wasn't cool enough or something because she liked a colour for so long. Molly shrugged as Leo had asked her a question. She thought for a moment, thinking if there was in fact any colours she didn't like. "I dunno actually? I don't mind other colours" Molly said, as she thought after a bit, thinking if there were any colours she didn't like. "How about you? Are there any colours you don't like?"

Leonardo was actually a bit surprised that Molly didn't have a favourite colour, it seemed a little wild to him that she wouldn't given how strongly she was about a favourite colour. He was indifferent to colour and indifferent to liking or hating it, but that was still something. He gave a little shrug, "No," he said. He knew this wasn't a conversation that had gone well, Molly was a bubbly person from what he'd seen and this conversation had dragged it down. He looked out over the lake front and then back at her, "I'm not very interesting," he said with an apologetic tone. "Sorry,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back