Broken Arm

Sophia gave Estrella a nod. "Please, have a seat on a bed, I will be right back." She then turned to the other girl, Sophia thought her name was Rhyspa. "You may remain if you wish, as long as you do not hinder the healing process."

With that Sophia turned and walked away from the girls. She removed her messenger bag from her torso and sat it on a desk, taking out a book and looking through the pages for something.

Estrella took a seat down on the bed she was closest to, staring out the window. She was antsy for medicine of any sort; she had never liked hospitals, nor going to the doctor. She was careful not to touch her arm, gritting her teeth as it pulsed in pain.

[For the sake of time I am going to assume Rhyspa decided to stay. If when she returns she is not all right with this minor godmod, I will edit.]

Sophia walked over to the bed where Estrella was sitting with an open book in one hand and a bottle in the other. She set the open book on a nearby table and unscrewed the cap from the bottle. Pouring a good amount of the white potion into a glass that was on the table Sophia had put the book onto, she closed the bottle back up and handed the glass to Estrella.

"Drink this, all of it." She decided not to warn Estrella about the awful taste, knowing that anticipation tended to make it worse.

Estrella waited for Sophia to come back, and when she did, she grimaced. She knew that she would have to take medicine for it; and medicine never tasted good.

Making a little face at this, Estrella took the glass with her good hand, and tentatively brought it to her lips. When she poured it down her throat, the medicine seemed to stimulate her gag reflex quite well; she made quite the sour face, using all of her willpower not to through it all up.

Once she had downed all of it, she muttered, "That.. is.. nasty."

"Yes, I apologize. I am not sure why all medicines tend to taste awful, but it is just the way it is. Now, once you finish it all I just have to do a short spell and you will be done."

"It's all right," Estrella muttered, wishing she could scrape her tongue with a toothbrush so that she could get the taste out. "What spell do you have to use, anyway?" She wasn't really healing savvy, and was quite interested to learn about it.

"The incantation is Resarcio Infractus, but I must ask that you never try it yourself. Not until you have been properly trained. Now, this may feel a bit strange..." Sophia pulled her wand out of her left pocket and held it over Estrella's arm.

"Resarcio Infractus," she encanted with a flourish of her wand toward Estrella's arm. The bones snapped back together and bonded with the potion that Estrella had just finished to make her bones completely whole again.

Estrella only nodded, wincing as a weird sensation crawled up her arm, seeping into her bones like a million little maggots worming their way into the marrow. She grimaced as the bone snapped together, and there was a warm feeling all around it. Even though most of the pain was gone.

Moving her arm, she stated simply, "Thanks, Sophia. That was hurting like a mother."

[I did not mind the godmod Sophia. And sorry, I just remembered to check this thread.]

Rhyspa saw an older girl walk into the Hospital Wing and approach them. She led Estrella to a bed and then turned to Rhyspa and told her she could stay there as long as she didn't interupt.

"I think I'll wait for Estrella," Rhyspa said to the girl.

Sophia began to gather up the things she had used to fix Estrella's arm. "That is my job. You are free to go, but I must ask that you take it easy on your arm for the next few hours."

"Well, thanks again. I'll be careful of my arm," Estrella replied, nodding, looking down on it. It appeared to be fine, but she figured that it would be best to listen to Sophia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back