Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Nikko)
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Aubrey was undeniably nervous, but you wouldn't know it by looking at her. Looking at her, she was strong and composed, and confident. If anyone could hear her thoughts, though, they were screaming like an introvert dropped in the middle of a party with no warning and the spotlight solely on them. She kept that part locked tightly away. She sauntered into the ball, her look carefully planned out and on point. She paused, looking around. Snacks first, or dancing?

Nikko wasn’t sure why he decided to go to the dance this year. He didn’t have a date, not that he knew anyone that would want to go with him anyways, and even after the dance lesson he took was pretty sure he was a terrible dancer. But still he had put on his nicest clothes, which weren’t anything special, and made his way down to the Great Hall. He took in the decorations and watched the fairies around the tree before stopping to try and find anyone he knew that wasn’t already partnered up with a date. He was a bit shocked when he saw Aubrey standing by herself. He waved meekly but wasn’t sure if she saw him so he walked over. “Hey.” he said, and briefly panicked when he realized he wasn’t sure what he wanted to say next. “Cool decorations, right?” he blurted out and pointed towards the ceiling.

Aubrey looked over, almost tensing up as she spotted Nikko. She wasn't sure if she was happy to see him, relieved even, or worried because he'd know she was faking. She decided not to let it show and smiled at him. "Hello, Nikko," She spoke, keeping her shoulders straight and folding her hands in front of her as she looked up to the ceiling. "It is really very pretty," She offered, trying to sound like she was completely at ease. "Are you here with someone?" She asked, looking back to him. It would make sense that he had a date, he was certainly cute enough for it.

Nikko was glad to see Aubrey was in a better mood than the last time he had seen her, and seemed willing to talk to him. “Oh no. Do you?” he said with a shake of his head before tossing the question back at her and glancing around in case he had missed them. It was only then did he actually look at her really. She looked very pretty and he pulled at his tie uncomfortably. “You look great by the way.” he said, realizing compliments were polite even if he felt like he had to avert his eyes. He hoped the silence that fell over them wasn’t as awkward as it felt and he looked out at the dance floor where people were dancing. He wondered if he should mention taking dance lessons, it wasn’t the most manly thing to brag about but it had been fun.

Aubrey shook her head. "No, I didn't come with anyone." She replied, not wanting to admit it was because no one had wanted to ask her. She turned to glance at him, blushing at the words. "Oh. Thank you." Her voice was a bit softer now. "You look really cute yourself," she offered a little shyly in return. She looked out to the dance floor, not sure what to say now.

Nikko blinked when Aubrey complimented him. “T-thanks.” was all he could manage to say as he ran a hand through his hair and continued to stare straight ahead of him. The lull in their conversation felt deafening despite the loud chatter going on all around the Great Hall. “Do you...want to dance?” he asked tentatively. He had no idea if she even wanted to dance but it was the only thing he could think to say at that moment. “I went to that dance lesson class thing. I could teach you if you want?" he offered. "Not that I think you can’t dance. But if you wanted to learn...I could.” he blurted out, unable to bear the silence as he waited for her to answer but had made it worse by rambling.

Aubrey blinked, surprised when he asked to dance. She looked over, but he kept going before she could respond. She was silent a split second, before giggling a little. She didn't mean to, really, it just slipped out. "I suppose we can dance," She smiled at him, feeling more at ease after he'd made her laugh. "I had my brother teach me to dance before school, so we'll see who had better lessons," She teased lightly, holding out her hand.

Nikko wanted nothing more than for the floor beneath him to open up and swallow him whole as Aubrey laughed. He was just about to come up with some excuse and slip away when she surprised him by agreeing to dance. “Oh cool.” he mumbled and took her hand as they walked out to the dance floor. Now it was his turn to laugh when she mentioned getting her brother to teach her to dance. “Is that so?” he asked. “That was smart.” he said with a chuckle. “Ok so I only really know the waltz they taught us.” he explained as they got to the dance floor and he tried to get themselves into the right position.

Aubrey let Nikko lead her out to the floor, laughing lightly and putting her hand in his. "Alright then, show me what you can do," she teased him lightly. She was surprised how easy it was talking to him, given their history. Maybe she was just less on guard because he'd already seen her vulnerable.

Nikko laughed at her teasing. “Right no pressure.” he said sarcastically under his breath with a smile. “Ok, so now I’ll lead. It’s a little complicated to explain so just watch my feet and do the same but like….backwards.” he tried to explain as he stared at their feet. Thankfully the music was in the right tempo and they began to dance. He went slowly at first, letting them both get the hang of it before dancing alone to the actual beat of the music. And he was so focused on their feet he hardly had a chance to think about the fact he was actually dancing with a girl at the ball.

-godmod approved-

Aubrey smiled, letting him lead. She followed him a little clumsily, but she was enjoying herself. She found that even though the whole thing was a bit awkward, it was... oddly endearing. Was this how Thaddeus had felt when she'd been practicing at home? She giggled a little bit. "Are my feet so interesting?" She teased lightly. "Here, look at me," She coaxed his attention to her. "Here, keep your eyes on mine," She instructed softly, gently persuading him along into a smoother rhythm.

Nikko was trying his best but it wasn't going well. He could even feel his hands starting to sweat as Aubrey commented about him staring at her feet. "Yes, very interesting." he mumbled but smiled, knowing he was being a bit ridiculous. "And you shouldn't complain unless you'd like me to stomp on them." he teased. Nikko sighed as she told him to look at her and took his time to meet her eyes. "Fine." he said, as she began to lead them now. She was definitely a better dancer, or at least more confident then he was. He was enjoying himself but wished he could stare at his feet again. He hadn't considered how intimidating it was to look at someone this closely and he felt his face heat up, embarrassed.

Aubrey laughed lightly. "Tell you what, step on my feet and you can bring me to the next dance to make up for it," she teased lightly. She smiled as he met her eyes, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. "It's alright, Nikko, you're doing good." She reassured him. "After this dance lets get some snacks," she offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back