Brian's first Wizard Duel! (Third Years and above!

Zazuka shook her head. making her pitch black curls swing a little. "Brian won. He put me under a Full Body Bind then took my wand I call that a win." She said with the brightest smile she could on her face. "Not anymore your here so it's a party." She said laughing softly. Zazuka could be quite shy around people she didn't know well but around Andy and Brian she felt completly safe so she didn't hold back as much. Zazuka wondered if Andy knew any intresting spells from her time at Drumstrang but she knew better than to ask. That time was something that Zazuka would never bring up around Andy.

"Ah so you were just being modest Brian" she grinned, feeling so much more relaxed when it was just the two of them. Any time they had managed to meet up outside of class, there always seemed to be a gang of other students around Andrew, Violet, Mike. As much as she liked them all, this was good. It was refreshing to just have the Three Musketeers together again even just for a small while.
"A full body bind and a leg locker? You two have been busy. They aren't the easiest of spells to perfect" she knew of course this in theory having only been allowed to watch the others in her class last year practise while she was given a straight 'T' for the class because of what she was.
It was beyond mortifying now that her friends were so much more accomplished at duelling. She would have to join the SDA again inorder to get extra practise in. Biting her lip she realised they weren't going anywhere and her own practise session here was not going to happen, unless of course she asked for their help. They were both good enough to teach her something.

Mike had been walking around. Mike had been bored in the Common room, and had checked to see if anyone was in the Brotherhood of Magic with no success. Mike decided to go to the Duelling chamber, in the mood to duel anyone who was there preferable someone in his year or roundabout,Mike entered the Duelling Chamber glad to see some familiar faces. Clearing his throat, Mike opened his mouth to speak. "Erm Hey guys" Mike said brightly,acknowledging Brian, Andy and Z. Mike would say he was closest to Andy, as he didnt really interact with Brian bar the odd occasions, which was a shame seeing as though there was only 3 boys in his year. He had to admit, his dislike for Zuka had passed, and so was glad the air was clear with her. Mike remembered during his first year, he teamed up with Andy for his "duel" in a DADA lesson which he had won. Mike had showboated the fact that he won, and so had an idea. "Hey Andy remember our little duel in our first year in DADA?" Mike asked. "Care to have a little duel now?" Mike asked her shrugging his shoulders.

Andromeda whirled about and smiled to see Mike. She often saw him in class and their common room but she had kept so much to herself over the last few months that she felt a pang of guilt overwhelm her. She really had alienated people hadn't she.
"Hi Mike" she smiled, Andy had every intention of making it up to her friends this term but really hoped she hadn't left it too late. Mike challenged her to a duel and she visibly quaked. They would all know that the only spells she was competent at were the ones she had learnt in first year and even these were rusty now as she had no time to practise them.
She looked to Z and Brian automatically, hoping her friends would come to the rescue somehow.

Zazuka smiled wide at Mike when he came in. She had no problems with the boy. Never did but she did have to avenge Ellie in some way or another. "Hello Mike long time no talk, Are avoiding me?" She said a jokeing edge to her voice. Zazuka noticed that Andy was shaken by the idea of a duel. Zazuka realized that she couldn't have gotten much practice in with how they where treating her in that place.

Zazuka's quick mind lead her to another idea. "No you've already dueled her, why don't you duel me. We never had a proper one just a few jinxes here and there which again I am really sorry for." She said with a bright sunshine smile. It should have washed way all ill will her still bore towards her.

"Dang how did you know?" Mike said his mouth open with faux shockness. "Nope, just generally been keeping myself till myself since Christmas really" Mike said honestly. "Fine then, I'll duel you instead" Mike said simply, a smile appeared on his face. Mike brandished his wand. "Ready?" he asked stepping up onto the platform, reading to duel.

Andromeda smiled at Zuka, she had always been quick on the uptake. She walked over and stood beside Brian after Z had challenged Mike and he accepted. She hoped they wouldn't see her as chicken in any way, she intended to spend the entire duel watching and learning from them both. Andy was well able to rattle off a ton of spells, it was implementing them had her on edge.
"Sorry Mike, looks like Zuka wants to fight you more" she left her wand in her pocket and looked over at Brian.
"I need practise not an actual fight right now" she spoke quietly, not sure if he would even hear her or not.

She watched as Mike climbed onto the platform and waited for Zuka to do the same.

"It's no problem" Mike said happily. "I'm sure if you need any extra help then I wouldn't mind helping a fellow Gryffindor" Mike said smiling, extending his courtesy towards her. Mike waited for Zuka to ready up.

Zazuka florished her wand in her right hand while seeming to float onto the platform. It looked like clumsy Zazuka had gone along with most of her fears. Zazuka smiled brightly and said "Ready when you are." in her usual sunshine way. She wasn't going to try and hurt Mike but Zazuka did miss having a human to practice spells on.

Mike stepped ten paces back, hoping Zuka would comply and do the same. Mike thought ahead of the game, thinking what spells to use as so to try and gain an advantage of some kind to help boost his chance of victory. I have to win, to get revenge from the cupcake incidentMike repeatedly told himself. Mike awaited for the duel to commence.

Zazuka took turned then took ten steps away from Mike like he had from her. She put her wand up infront of her and bowed as was the way of a real duel. Zazuka smiled softly. "Like I said whenever your ready." She said her voice going alittle dreamyer. She was running though her library of spells that was sored in her head.

Brian had decided not to speak for a bit and instead just watch the show from the sidelines. Brian didn't really know Mike except from classes and school gatherings. Brian understood that Andromeda was probably not in any rush to have a duel after the trials she faced last year. "Go Zazuka! Show that Gryffindor why Ravenclaws are the best!" Brian shouted trying to give moral support to his house mate and friend. "Better be carefull Mike Zazuka know's some pretty good jinxes!" Brian jeered. He hoped that the duel he had just had with Zazuka would help in some way but wasn't counting on it. Zazuka was a pretty good duelist in her own right.

Andromeda watched her bestfriend take ten steps backward as Mike had done and immediately she regretted letting Zuka go in her stead. She was no coward she just hadn't expected Zuka to actually challenge Mike instead. If anything she thought they would have said something to him to placate him. She took a step forward about to say something but knew it was already too late. The duel had to commence, Brian was already cheering on for Zuka but Andy couldn't find it in her to cheer at all. It all seemed so pointless, what if one of them got hurt? Got seriously hurt, she would blame herself of course.

Andy was torn, biting her lower lip all she could do was watch in despair.

"May the best man... or woman win" Mike said with a crooked grin. Mike readied his wand, and swished it forth and back before shouting. "Stupefy". A red light was emitted for his wand heading for his target... Zuka. Mike watched with a smirk, to see if it would hit her or whether she would block it. Mike obviously hoped it wasn't the latter.

Zazuka smiled. "Of course." She said then gave her wand a quick flick. "Ennervate" She said, her dreamy voice now all the dreamyer in consentreation. It had been the counter that she had learned when they had first learned that spell. Her's was a light blue trail that it left. The spells met in the middle and seemed to dissapate. "Rictusempra" She said again. This was the tickle charm that she had though would be fun to tease someone with when they refused to smile for her. She also though it would be funny if she could actually cast it on Mike.

Mike expecting Zuka to block it using protego was suprised to see she blocked it using a different spell."Protego" Mike said, just in time to stop Zuka's tickling spell she just sent at him. "Expelliarmus" Mike said thrusting his front leg forward, making him more balanced than before. Mike waited in anticipation hoping for it to expel her wand from her hand.

Zazuka was about to counter but the spell hit her hand. With a dancer like spin Zazuka was able to catch it. The spin gave her an idea. Zazuka mutted "Tarantallegra" quickly then pointed her wand at Mike's feet. If it hit it would make them move on thier own as if he where dancing. Zazuka put her hands hand over her lips to hide the laughter this thought coused her.

Mike was glad when the spell hit her hand, but frowned when she caught it. Mike was caught off guard, but evaded the spell, by jumping out the way. It looked as if he was dancing. "What spell was that?" Mike asked unsure what spell Zuka had used on him. Mike took this time to catch his breath back.

Mike was glad when the spell hit her hand, but frowned when she caught it. Mike was caught off guard, but evaded the spell, by jumping out the way. It looked as if he was dancing. "What spell was that?" Mike asked unsure what spell Zuka had used on him. Mike took this time to catch his breath back.

Zazuka put her hand over her lips and laughed softly. "It was a Twinkle Toes Jinx. I read up on it and have been trying to use it but could never find the right time. This seemed like it could be it no?" She asked kindly. Zazuka looked and acted like pure sunshine. She was exsactly that but that didn't mean that she couldn't defend herself. Zazuka was a brittle girl phisicly so she had to have something to her then just her cleaverness. This had been the reason she had wanted to join the duel club first year but word never got out that it was starting up agian.

"I agree, now was a perfectly good time to use it" Mike said smiling slightly."Shall we call it a day, or shall we venture on into the realms of the duel?" Mike wanted to continue for that chance of victory, but didn't want to continue in case of he lost. Mike awaited Zuka's answer. Mike looked around to Brian and Andy smiling slightly at them before looking back at Zuka.

Zazuka moved her head from side to side in a indiffernt jesture. "I don't mind either way. I have sevral more jinxes I'm willing to try, none of them really harmful but if it get's to that we might me up here all day." She said waighing the options in her mind. She would like really a bit more practice but she would also like to call it a day. She was a bit tired from her duel with Brian.

Andromeda couldn't believe how well both of them performed but she was a hundred percent certain that Zuka had come out on top by a long shot. The whole duel though left her completely tense, so much so that she hadn't realised her hand had shot out and clutched onto Brian's arm.
"Sugar, sorry Brian" she released her grip immediately and looked back at the other two. It would seem as if they would finish up now and she hoped Mike was satisfied with that much and wouldn't request a duel with her again.

Brian watched the duel with pure excitement and insperation as both contenders seemed to be pretty good duelists. Zazuka had done alot better against Mike than she had against Brian, perhaps her heart hadn't been in it Brian wondered. As he watched the duel Brian felt an arm tug at him, looking over he saw that it was Andromeda who was quick to apologise. After a bit more dueling the pair decided to call it a day to which Brian stopped cheering for Zazuka "great job you two, that duel was brilliant" Brian said to the pair.

Zazuka hopped off platform again and smiled wide at both her friends. "Well I have to have a little bite to me don't I?" She joked. Zazuka knew she had no edge to her what so ever. She didn't mind. It wasn't like anyone wanted to hurt her anyway. A flash of green came to her eyes and Zazuka swooned a bit. Luckily she Zazuka kept on her feet. Zazuka placed her fingers on her head while closing her eyes softly. Something had gone wrong. She didn't know what yet but it had. The feeling went as fast as it came and Zazuka was able to smile wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back