Brian's first Wizard Duel! (Third Years and above!

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian decided that as a third year he would be ready to start practicing how to Duel properly. He may not have been a part of any formal dueling clubs but he still needed to good at it. He was smart and pretty decent at Charms so with that on his side he should be able to defeat any opponent that walked through the door. His wand held out in his hand Brian stood at the ready willing for another classmate to step through so he could enjoy a good Wizard Duel!

Zazuka was wondering the Dungeons again. For a place that was cold and decreped Zazuka found them straingly comferting. Maybe because they reminded her a bit of the caves she used to explore while at Willow's Rain. She found the deling chaimber again. Her face grew sad. She had met up with Andy here one time and here was when the idea for a Halloween candy taint came to bloom. It took a bit for Zazuka to realize that there was someone there. "Hello Brian, what are you doing down here?" She asked with a brillent smile on her face.

Brian had been ready for a duel that he found himself more than a bit caught off guard as it was Zazuka who entered. Brian immediantly and without thought lowered his wand not wanting to fight his friend of course "Oh! Um... Nothing... how are you?" Brian asked trying to be friendly yet it was something that seemed hard to do as it had been a bit since they'd last spoken to one another. It was a strange thought since they were suppose to be good friends, lived in the same tower and had a lot of classes together. Brian felt a bit depressed that he might be loosing one of his very best friends.

Zazuka lost smile. It got replaced with a look of consern. "Are you alright? You have been a bit odd towards me since well..." Zazuka trailed off. She put her hands behind her back and looked down. Where Brain and her drifting? She hoped not. Brian was smart and carring and there was some part of her deep inside that still thought of him of her prince. She had noticed that his wand had been out. Zazuka wondered if he had been expecting someone else. Or maybe just ready for a practice duel. Zazuka would have been more than happy to help Brian in that department. She was pretty good with a wand and got good grades in all her classes.

"of course I'm fine" Brian said in a shrugging type of tone, a smile on his face as he walked off the Dueling platform and towards Zazuka "what do you mean odd?" Brian asked. He didn't think he'd changed that much since he'd first entered the hallowed halls of Hogwarts and perhaps that was the problem. When Zazuka had came she was a Timid girl that didn't have much self confidence. Andromeda had been very out going and ready for anything, including getting into arguments with Brian but now they both seemed completely differen while he seemed to have just remained the same kid he was two years ago. He kinda hated the feeling that everything around him was changing while he was stuck being left behind.

Zazuka tucked a piece of her pitch black hair behind her ear. "Well distent. Even more distent than Andy and she is refusing to come out of her room now because of the whole Aries thing." She said her brows pressed together. She didn't want to lose Brian. Yes she had found her voice but that was because Brian and Andy along with others hadn't told her that they where sick of hearing her speake like her father and brothers used to.

"I don't think I'm being distent" Brian said a bit defensively "and what Aries thing?" Brian asked realising that by asking that very question he seemed to have proven her point, he kinda hoped she wouldn't catch this little fact and just tell him about what happened to Andy. Brian felt the slight chill coming from the dungeons but still had to admit it was alot warmer than outside at the moment.

Zazuka tilted her head. "Really? We rarely talk even when we are in the common room. I would guess that you would at least talk to me about homework." She said sadly. Zazuka backed up a bit though. She thought that if she pushed to much then Brian would become angry and not talk to her anymore. "Oh that's right you don't know. Aries is a new Ravenclaw traspher from Drumstrang. Strainge isn't it. A Drumstrang student in our house." She said her voice growing a bit cold but then it's usual dreamyness came back. "He's a forth year which means he was there when Andy was used for all those expiraments in the classes. Well, Andy saw him and got so scared that now she wont come out of her dorm no matter how many notes I send her saying that he can't hurt her here." She said sounding a bit disparing. She missed her friends. Both of them. One because she was letting herself sink into dispare and the other for just not being there.

"And he's a Ravenclaw!" Brian shouted a bit angrily choosing to ignore the first part of what she'd said simply because he knew it was true. It was also alot easier to get mad at someone that he didn't know rather than confront Zazuka about what seemed to be their falling out. Brian's wand hand was shaking "I swore I would get them back for what they did to her!" Brian said with rage over the fact that one of those Durmstrange kids had been accepted over here much less his own house, they always seemed more Slytherin then anything else. "I don't care if he is older, I'm gonna make him pay!" Brian said as he began to walk towards the door to find this Aries kid.

"Brian no!" Zazuka said as she wrapped her arms around him from the back. "He's a Drumstrang we don't know what they where taught or even if Hogwarts defence is enough for thier magic." She said. She didn't want Brian to get hurt and more over she didn't want him to walk out now. They had to talk, they had to or she would wake up one day and find that the person she was calling friend was nothing more that a familer strainger. She didn't want that. Zazuka would stop that from happening at all costs. Zazuka was also a bit scared Brian would get in trouble. The way he shouted had scared her a bit.

"You don't think I can take him!" Brian shouted angrily breaking away from her as he stepped up onto the Dueling Platfrom "Find then, let's duel!" Brian said his wand out. He was mad about what happened to Andromeda and mad that he had been able to do anything to help her, however he was now mad that the one time he might be able to get vengence for her Zazuka stood in his way. "Either Duel me or let me go!" Brian said trying to calm himself down, it wasn't really Zazuka's fault but unfortunatly all the anger he'd felt since last year was apparently being directed at her.

Zazuka was scared. Because of her 'ablilty' she could feel Brian's anger like flames on her skin. It hurt when he shouted, physicly as well as emotionally. She breathed though and gluped. Zazuka closed her eyes and breathed deeply to controle what she was feeling. "F,f,fine." She said stuttering a bit. Zazuka stepped onto the platform and took out her own wand. "I, I, I'm s,s,sorry." She said sounding a bit like she was about to cry but her eyes stayed dry. She gave her wand a delicute looking florish and with a sad look on her face she cried "Expelliarmus!"

Brian moved to the side a bit, as the spell came past him. His anger was leaving him as he looked her down "Come on, If your going to duel you need to mean it" Brian said as he flourished his own wand "Stupfy!" He called out even though his own heart wasn't into hurting his friend. It all seem stupid and pointless, especially since he could see the hurt on Zazuka's face which hurt even more.

Zazuka quickly made a circule with her wand. "Protago" She pipped sharply. The spell hit the shield. She really didn't want to hurt Brian but if this was the only way to keep him from hurting someone else and maybe getting himself hurt in the prosses then she was willing to distract Brian like this. She gave her wand the quick flick when she used when she was summening something. "Accio Brain's wand" She said clearly. She wasn't talking to him now. She needed Brain to calm down first so she could and maybe lose her stutter.

Brian didn't feel bad that his spell hit the shield, instead he became more excited. He felt the tug on his wand and had to immediantly tug back in order to avoid loosing it. "Everte Stratum!" Brian shouted as he watched the tip of his wand explode as it always did when he cast the spell. This was one of his best spells and was sure that Zazuka would need to have something good up her sleeve in order to avoid being blasted outside the ring. Brian's anger was quite gone now as he began to get into the feel of the battle.

Zazuka didn't have time to think of how that should have worked. It worked when Jon did it to her given she was angry at him and didn't have a good grip on her wand. Zazuka instead used the time she had to do a funny sort of motion with her wand while mummering a spell. The end result was that it looked like the spell split in two and went round her. Zazuka laughed softly. "I've only tryed that in thory too." She said as the light died down. Zazuka desided to talk a spell out of her library of jinxes next. "Locomotor mortis!" She said. There was an expectent edge to her voice. She had wanted to try the leg locker curse on Mike that semester but the time she set for his punishment had run out before hand. She was a particuler fan of hurting her friend but she always liked it when she got a spell right.

Brian was more than a bit taken when his legs locked together. He maintained the grip on his wand as he looked up at his friend "Petrificus Totalus!" Brian yelled out as he fell onto the ground. He tried to untwist his legs but to his dismay they felt like rubber. Brian pointed his wand at his legs "Finite!" Brian said but unfortunately the spell didn't work. Brian turned around to face Zazuka still on the ground trying to think of a way to get back up.

Zazuka tried to dodge it because she wasn't sure she knew how to black that partuculer spell. The spell caught the very edge of her long skirt and traveled upwards. Zazuka froze then fell back hard on platform. She was used to pain but she could not have cried out if she wanted to Zazuka was stiff as a bored. She hoped the Brian knew the counter curse or they would be stuck here and never get anywhere.

Brian was relieved to see that his spell seemed to have been effective against Zazuka as he pointed his wand back towards himself "Finite!" He tried again but still with no sucess. Brian had to think quickly as he desperately tried to untangle his legs. "Finite" He tried again without sucess, because he hadn't mastered the Leg Lock Curse he was unable to remove it, Brian thought about the spell she used and what it did and then tried to think on how to remove it "Finite" He ordered sharply, he legs which had felt like rubber stiffened as Brian slowly got to his feet. Wobbly he made his way towards Zazuka "Accio Wand" he said pointing his wand at Zazuka, hoping to end the duel with just that.

Zazuka was able to move again but yelped when her wand was taken from her again. "I really need to keep a good grip on my wand." She said shaking the cobwebs out of her head. She tilted her as her wand flew into Brian's hand. "Alright duel over. Are we good now?" She asked her eyes wide. She didn't want to have to hold Brian back again. She was sort of happy that her Leg Locker worked. It would have been a shame if she had practiced it only to watch it fail.

Andromeda felt awfully rusty in the spell department, she had so many jinxes and hexes placed on her the year before and not allowed to practise any that she felt really incompetent this year compared to others in her class. She didn't want to end up in a duel and be completely useless in it. She knew enough in theory but just wasn't happy with that. Hoping to find some of the metal figures that she used to practise on with Kailey, Andromeda made her way down to the duelling chamber in the dungeons and was a bit ticked off to hear that there was someone already there. She was about to walk away again when she recognised first one and then the other voice.

She walked into the room and smiled as she saw Zuka and Brian, obviously just having duelled from the looks of them. Amused at this to no end she walked over to them.
"Hey you two, so who won?" she stuffed her wand back into her robe pocket hoping that neither would want to duel her too. They would probably win hands down which would really annoy her. She wanted to boost her self esteem not knock it for seven.

Zazuka walked over and took her wand out of Brian's hands. "Well when it's Leg Locker v.s Full body binde I think the winner is clear." She said. There was laughter in her voice. "Nice job Brian but I doubt you know how to proporly tie a tongue. It's acutally quiet funny to watch." She said still laughing. Then she realized who had been talking. Zazuka jumped off the plaform and nearly tackled Andy. She hadn't seen her in so long it seemed like she had gone away again. "How are you feeling? Are things any better? What made you finally want to come out again." She said all at once and not letting Andy out of the near crushing hug Zazuka gave her. To Zazuka it was near crushing but Zazuka was not very stronge phisicly so anyone could out do her if they wanted to.

Andromeda laughed as Zuka tackled her into a bear hug or Zuka's equalivant any how. She embraced her friend in return glad now she hadn't walked away.
"I had alot of soul searching to do" she told her, looking over at Brian and smiling at him too. She so missed hanging around with both of them, sure herself and Brian seemed to only argue every few minutes but best friends did that sometimes, they didn't hold back. They were always truthful. Herself and Zuka never argued but they as truthful to one another any way. Releasing Z, she stepped slowly to the side and tapped the pocket she had her wand in.
"I was going to practise some spells, I think I'm getting a bit rusty" she wasn't going to tell them she was banned from actually practising for most of last year while at Durmstrang.
"So who won?"

"Nobody won" Brian said as he hopped off the dueling platform. It was good to see Andromeda again. Brian looked at Zazuka who was just as happy to see their third friend as he was. It seemed like a while since they all were together in the same room. Brian wondered if this was part of growing up or if this was just something that unexpectedly happened. Either way Brian didn't like it and would have to deal with it since it seemed like there was hardly anything that could be done if it truly was fate's design. Brian smiled at Andromeda "bout time you come out" Brian said with a slight smirk.

"Now surely one of you won, there's no way you'd have just left it at a draw" she smiled at Brian, winking at Z though. She had been paying enough attention in some of her classes to know just how much of a whizz both of them were at spell casting. It seemed like her only forte lately was either in potions or herbology and this annoyed her greatly. She felt as if she had some kind of block when it came to the more useful duelling spells and wondered had it anything to do with how she had been used as a punching bag for the DA professor.
"Common room was getting a bit stuffy, needed some fresh air. Are you both leaving now?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back