Sydney Townsend

Amateur Duellist | Smarter Than You

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sydney had had her doubts about taking Divination this semester. It wasn't exactly something she would consider a credible pursuit, being so open to interpretation and with its tendency to attract frauds and theatrics. But she had to admit after talking to Professor Le Fey that there might be something worth exploring there, if only to engage with a professor who actually might know what they were talking about some of the time. And it had the added benefit of giving Sydney unfettered access to some of the professor's best teas without being questioned, something she was highly looking forward to.

She'd also been pleasantly surprised to see that Samantha must have had a similar thought to her after spotting her in class. Sydney had left the room, loitering on the seventh floor hoping to catch Samantha on the way down to pick her brain. "Samantha, I see we both had the same thought with divination," She said in greeting, syncing up with Samantha as she went past. "Any thoughts about this? I'm hoping it'll be interesting, but at least we get good tea out of it," She said with a wry grin, nodding her head up to the divination tower in explanation.

Samantha wasn't sure what to think of the class yet. She was excited for what was to come though, and getting free teas and food. When class was over, Samantha had packed up her things and made her way out of class. When she jumped a little, not expecting someone to come beside her, and realized is was Sydney who was walking beside her. "I guess?" Samantha said with a small smile and slightly confused about what Sydney met by having the same thought. "I'm not sure at the moment. But the free tea and food is a plus" Samantha says with a small smile and agreement.

I apologise for this being so late!

Sydney fell into step with Samantha as they walked, excited to talk a little more about her opinions about the new subject. "I figured it would be worth seeing if Professor Le Fey was all she's cracked up to be," Sydney said haughtily. "You never know with these seer types, it's not exactly something you can vet that easily. I'd be half inclined to believe the people who keep saying Styx is a vampire first," Sydney still had a lot of doubts about Divination as a whole, seers included, but she was at the very least willing to give it a chance before completely discarding it. It was still pretty early to really tell on that regard, but Sydney was definitely enjoying getting to survey the class in a critical lens, imagining some of their classmates were just lapping up whatever the professor said about the future without a thought. "We're officially allowed up there whenever we want now too," She added with a grin, hoping maybe Samantha would be up for another trip to the tower some time for tea. This time with less threat of detention perhaps.

No worries, I know how it can be sometimes :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back