Breaking the Rules

Felix didn't really know what to say. He'd had friends do this kind of stuff before, but he always had something to record it with. Now that he was in Hogwarts he didn't have anything like that and so he was just going to have to watch. He moved to stand near Lyra. "Don't die!"

As the words left her mouth, He reacted. From his previous standing position, Geoff jumped into the air performing what looked to be half of a front tuck combined with the beginning sequence for the dance move "the worm." He landed on his palms, and pushed his face away from the ground with his calves on down dangling perpendicular to his upper legs. His muscles tensed as he caught his weight. He nearly over estimated how much he weighed. Perhaps he hadn't been eating enough, as he felt a little lighter than normal.
Instantly he began to set a pace as to not get tired right away. After all, he still had to climb the tree once he was there. He began a slightly faster than normal pace.
He noticed Silus running towards the tree using his feet. Perhaps he had misunderstood what he meant. He thought they couldn't even use their legs to run towards the tree. He immediately followed Silus's lead and ran full speed. Slightly behind him. He jumped, higher than expected and grabbed on to a branch. Geoff quickly jumped as well for a lower branch. One hand gripped the branch as the other pushed himself away from the tree into a sort of flag-pole position. He soon began a pace where he switched off every branch, shimmying up the tree using only his hands.
He heard Felix shout not to die and thought to himself, 'Gee thanks.'

Silus couldn't help but let out a roar of laughter as he spotted his opponent flopping on the ground. I almost pity the fool. He thought as he continued up the tree. It was becoming less and less enjoyable as the boost he had gotten had been used up. He now had to rely on his own arm strength. Even though it seemed the fool would never even be able to make it to the tree, he kept at a fast rate, a sheen of perspiration giving his skin a rugged glow. Finally, the idiot was now scaling the tree. He wasn't bad competition once in the tree. Still, Silus had the upper hand and was already nearing the halfway point. He smirked at the Hufflepuff's remark. "He's really concerned about you dying!" He yelled down at the Gryffindor, wondering if he could even hear him.
He sniggered and passed the halfway point, not caring that his arms would be sore for weeks.

Geoff pushed harder after Silus's remark. He neared him exponentially. It made Geoff feel excited and nervous at the same time. There was no room for error. Silus had the upper hand, and the lead. Although it deterred him slightly that he had messed up in the beginning, he pushed even harder as he neared Silus. Inch by inch he got closer as they neared the half-way point. The adrenaline pushed through Geoff's veins. His eyes widened as he gasped for more air. He felt his arms grow weak and tired.
As quickly as the race started, it ended as Geoff missed the next branch. They were approximately halfway up the tree. Geoff began to fall. He tensed up immensely as he broke a few branches on his fall down. Time slowed down as he waved his hands back and forth trying to grasp something. It seemed as though he was floating away from the tree. Then, presently time went back to normal as his back hit the ground with a sickening crunch from the branches underneath him.

Holy s***! Thought Silus, almost sickened as he saw his opponent being hurled towards the ground. Just watching him almost made Silus himself end up in the same dilemma. He wasn't too far from the very top, but he eagerly began climbing back down. It seemed to take much longer, and Silus began to realize just how dangerous this challenge was as he finally neared the bottom. Once he reached th branch he had first used during the race, he jumped down and tumbled towards the Gryffindor. He looked horrid. Silus felt like he was going to be sick. He held his breath, which strangely helped when he felt that way and looked at the Hufflepuff boy. "No time for arguing, run as fast as your legs can carry you and don't come back until you've gotten us some help." He barked. If Lyra wasn't there he would've gleefully left him lying there, but that wasn't the case this time -- he would never admit it, but he deeply wanted to impress her. Silus panted and stumbles wearily to the ground. He was worn out.

Felix laughed as both boys raced up the tree. This wasn't going to end well, he could tell. He stayed back until it looked like things were going all wrong. Geoff fell out of the tree! Felix burst into harder laughter until it appeared that the boy might be hurt. Eyes wide, Felix rushed off to get a professor or something, looking for someone to help.

Patrolling the grounds usually brought Sloane some peace, at least until she was nearly bowled over by a young Hufflepuff who seemed to be coming from the direction of the cliffs. "Woah, hey, stop, where do you think you're going?" After being told that there was another injured boy near the cliffs, Sloane cursed under her breath, and telling the Hufflepuff to come back with her, made her way quickly to the cliffs to see two others, as well as another on the ground. Kneeling beside him she immediately got out her wand and began to check him, not looking at the other students. "What's his name?" She asked.

Geoff's head swirled as he attempted to stay conscious. He faintly heard the other boys go off to find him help. To his half-conscious surprise, Silus had gone to fetch help. He slowly faded in and out of reality. Although his back had seemingly suffered the hardest blows, he couldn't help but notice that his head felt wet and sticky. Perhaps blood? There wasn't any more time to dwell on it as he fought the urge to faint. Eyes spasmodically fluttering open and shut, Geoff slowly faded into an unconscious sleep. The last thing he noticed was a professor by his side as he groaned, "I'm s-sorry." He didn't even hear the professor ask his name.

[OOC: Link was gonna join this thread but it's now too far for me to join now lol :mad: :r jk jk OSW Fun lol]]

*in memorandum of Jesse

Lyra watched the excitement as the two boys rushed to the tree and began to scale it. They were pretty high up when something went seriously wrong. Geoff came crashing down to the ground. Lyra rushed to his side, throwing herself down on the ground next to him. "Geoff! Can you hear me? Felix went for help. Everything will be alright." she said, looking around for the help. She saw a professor rushing towards them. "His name is Geoff." Lyra answered.

As Silus lay exaughsted on the ground, he couldn't help but scowl when Lyra went to the fool and began to worry over him. What if I had fallen? he thought, and then he shook his head, not knowing where those thoughts came from. His legs began to sting, and so he cautiously rolled his jeans' legs up. His quickly noticed that blood was seeping from his leg. As he finished rolling the sticky fabric up, he saw much of his skin had been scraped off. He laid his head back on the ground and growled. He figured that in his haste coming down, when he had fallen a little ways, his legs had slid down the tree and that resulted in his these injuries. That's what I get for coming down to help. He thought angrily. A professor was here. That's good he supposed. But Lyra was still by the idiot's side. Biting his to tongue to keep quiet, he slowly rose to his feet and silently began slipping away from the scene. He wanted to get out of there.

Lyra turned to speak to Silus when she noticed him slipping away. She also noticed that there was blood dripping down his leg. "Silus! Where do you think you are going? Unless the answer is the hospital wing, I think you should wait here with me for help. You're hurt too and need help." she told him, a worried look in her green eyes. She wanted to help her new friends. Unfortunately, Lyra hadn't learned any healing magic yet.

Sloane glared at all of the students and then immediately healed the wounds as best she could, but she was not a healer so her best was really not all that good. She frowned, someone go and get a nurse, I don't want to leave him and I don't want to move him. First one to leave doesn't lose as many house points!" She looked over at he girl as she yelled at someone else, one of them appeared to be trying to move. Sloane threw him a very dirty look. "One more step and I'll make sure that your punishment is the worst."

Silus was painfully limping up the slope and towards the castle when Lyra called his name. He abruptly stopped and was about to snap at her that, the answer to where he was going, in fact, was the hospital wing, when he caught a glimpse of her eyes. What was he feeling guilty for? Silus groaned, half at himself, half at the pain and he slowly made his way back, focusing his attention on nothing else but her. He smirked playfully. "Don't worry about me, Lyra. I'm nowhere near as banged up as he is." He said quietly. Feeling significantly better about his situation, not noticing the angry voice that was addressing him.

Lyra eyed the Professor that arrived. It seemed they were all in trouble. Lyra nodded to the Professor and ran to get a healer. She wouldn't disobey when Silus and Geoff needed help. She returned with a nurse in tow. "I brought help." she said to the Professor.

OOCOut of Character:
New follow up topic started HERE!
Maybe Professor Stark still needs to deal out consequences and I think Silus would fancy a meeting from Lyra. It's an open topic!

OOCOut of Character:
If possible I would like Lyra and Felix to rp in Sloane's office. She would have made sure they went there after she looked after Silus and Geoff, she still needs to hand out punishments ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back