Breaking the mould

Veronica blushed when he said that her personal prince charming was him. Before she could catch track of his thoughts as he described himself to fit in all the categories and said he'll be there for her she felt her cheeks redden and then before she knew it she felt his lips on hers. The feeling from his kiss made an electric shock run through her nerves but it was over before it started. She smiled because her heart was thumping loudly from happiness and she wondered if he could hear it. It had all been so fast and she was a little confused with her feelings but she laughed at his comment. "Why would I do that?"she asked with a smirk and leaned forward and kissed him softly. She could feel the electricity in her nerves although she didn't know if that was scientifically possible.

Joshua sighed. He was so relieved that she didnt slap him. He was also relieved tat she kissed him again. That showed that she had he same feelings towards him that he did for her. He leant forward and returned her kiss, placing one hand a the top of her arm as he did so. After a few minutes he pulled away and looked at her. "Is this weird for you?" He asked her slowly. It wasnt for him but they were good friends and he thought that maybe she thought i felt weird kissing one if her friends

Veronica blushed deeply as he moved forward and kissed her again. This time his kiss was long and she was enjoying it. When he pulled back she was still blushing. Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear she looked up at him. "Sort of" she answered when he asked if it was weird. She had not expected to be with Josh and to feel this way for him. It was all new to her and it was abrupt. "I mean before today I hadn't thought about this...it happened so fast" she explained with a smile.

Josh's eye brows knitted together and he bit his lip as he thought. He did like her both as a friend and more but if she didnt want this then he would only do what she waned to do. "If you think it will be too weird then i totally understand.I just really like you." He sad looking back up to her with acceptance on his face. He knew what she meant by too fast and if she wanted to go slower then he would slow right down to pace that he preferred

Veronica watched his eyebrows knit together and the expression of acceptance of her will cross his face. She was touched by how understanding Josh was being with her. She took her hand in his and smiled up at him. "I like you too" she told him with a slight blush. "And I don't think it will be weird if we go out" she told him and later regretting for saying it. Maybe he did not want to go out with her. Maybe he just thought it was a mistake. "I..mean...that is if you want to..." she explained hoping he didn't think she was stupid.

Joshua smiled widely at what she said. He loved the idea of them dating and thought that they would be so good for each other. He thought that she needed someone new after her last not so good relationship with his new best friend but Josh wouldn't hurt her like that, we all make mistakes and he believed in second chances. He leaned forward and gave her a bear hug. "I would love to go out with you Veronica White." He said to her happily as he released her from his hug.

Veronica hoped that Joshua's smile could mean to something positive for her and that he wouldn't be mad at her for suggesting the idea of them dating. She was taken by surprise to get a big hug from Josh. She grinned at his reply and gave him a big smile. "I would like that" she admitted to him happy at the idea of them being a couple. She kissed him on the cheek and said "I guess you got your girlfriend"

Joshua smiled widely as she said that she would like to go out with him. He was happy to call her his girl friend. He coulnt think of anyone else hat he would rather. "And you got yourself a boy friend." He said as she kissed him on the cheek. He took her hand in his own and kissed it before starting to walk with her. "So what is your favorite type of food? Chinese, Italian or what?" He asked with a smile. He knew that she had said that she had just eaten but he planed to take her out for the day and take her to dinner tonight.

Veronica grinned and blushed. Getting to her feet she started walking with him, their hands nestled like a typical couple. "I don't have food favorites but we could eat Italian today, if you like it too" she said wondering what Josh liked for his menu.The evening had turn out to be full of unexpected events, Veronica was glad that they had made her happy.

Joshua shrugged. He didnt mind Italian too much. His big sister loved it, when ever she got to take him or the whole family out for dinner she always took them for Italian. Josh kept hold of her hand as he walked down the stairs of the tower. "Yeah ok then. I think we will have to see hats in the kitchen first though but i think they would have pasta and stuff." He said as he smiled at her. He was happy to be with her now. They had always got on so well together, it was chemistry. "I thought everyone had a favourite food." He said biting his lip. "I quite like Chinese. I cant get enough of the stuff." He joked as he reached the bottom of the stairs and outside where the sun was shining bright.

Veronica grinned as they made their way to the kitchen. "Now you got to know that I'd eat whatever I am given, never had that food-spoilt gene in me" she told him as they walked. It was true. Since Veronica had been raised by her father and she had done all the cooking herself and her father owned a motel and a restaurant, Veronica had never been choosy with food. As they entered the kitchen a few house elfs turned towards them. "How about I cook you some Chinese I know?"she asked him with her eyebrow raised.She hadn't cooked from a while now and it would be fun to do it today, for her new boyfriend. As the house elf approached them and asked what they wanted Veronica spoke "Do you have any Italian food? Leftovers would do." They had been very late at lunch and very early for dinner because it was six in the evening.

Joshua chuckled slightly at what sh said about food. Josh wasnt much of a fussy eater either. If it was edible then he would at it, no questions asked. He was just that sort of boy. "Yeah im the same, i just eat anything and everything when it put in front of me" He said with a grin as he followed her to the kitchen. When she said that she could cook for him he bit his lip and thought.He then shrugged and wrapped his arms around her. "Yeah sure why not. If your cooking is as good as you then im sure i would love it all the same." He said as he kissed her neck line then let go of her to walk by her side. When he saw the house elf he looked at Veronica as she spoke to it. He didn't say a word as he guessed that she knew what she was on about. "So what do you have in mind?" He asked her curiously as he watched the elf get the left overs for her

Veronica smiled as the house elf nodded and welcomed them to the kitchen. "We will be happy to serve and give you whatever you need, please come with me" spoke the elf and Veronica followed his lead into the kitchen. "I'm glad" she said after hearing that Josh was fine with her cooking. She blushed deeply as his lips brushed on her neckline. "Hmm...I guess I'll eat Chinese with you today, I am cooking four dishes" she told him happily as the house elf brought the vegetable left overs from the afternoon.

She set the ingredients in place and started working, she was cooking four things simultaneously. "I'm making chow suey, chow mein, fried rice and ginger beef" she told him the name of her dishes. "Which one of these do you like best, chicken, pork, shrimp or beef?"she asked him deciding which one she would be using in two of her dishes. She cut the meat finely and after passing it over salt water she prepared the vegetables and the Chinese sauce that she would need. "Is there anything more I can do, miss?" the house elf asked her. She had an idea! She whispered something into the elfs ear and then continued with her work. "Something for a sweet surprise" she hinted him as she put the pan over the stove magically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back