Breaking Dawn (SPOILERS)

Can't say I saw it mentioned at all in BD but really wasn't looking for it and don't think I want to go back now and read it just for that. Will definitly finish The Host now, thanks Sophia. Also read Edwards version, good I liked it. Shame she couldn't have included that in the first book though. Have it from both their angles not every single chapter just the more important ones where he was more necessary than she was. I liked her take on Vamps and werewolves, the best I've read in a long while but still blew me out of the water with the very last book. Expected more I guess and hate being disappointed.

I guess I am in the minority by saying I enjoyed the book. I was disapointed by the fact that the big face off was nothing. I found quite a bit of it enjoyable. There were some very 'unrealistic' parts, but so is a sparkly vampire so I just kinda rolled with it. I am not a fan of Renesme's name, I like the Vanessa Wolfe name better! :p

Sophia Stark said:
Oh, I had a question. In the first three books the title of the book was found somewhere in the book. I do not recall the phrase 'breaking dawn'[/i] in the novel, and it has been bothering me. I will admit it is possible that it was there and I missed it. Thus, I am asking if anyone else noticed that it was missing? Or did I not notice, in which case can someone please tell me where it was. Thanks.
Sophia I believe you are correct. I do not believe the phrase Breaking Dawn was ever used in this book. That bothers me too. I believe the titles of the other books were all used more than once in their books respectively. It seems everything in the past books got thrown out the window.

Despite everything, I'll still love the book. :) It just disappointed me a lot. I was hoping for some losses and some bloodshed. I hated that Bella did a complete 180.

I'm watching the Ghost Ship right now. Emily Browning needs to be Bella.

i loved the book :) , though there are some things that dissappointed me and then some things that shocked the heck out of me

for the most part i was happy with it (though i was hoping that there would have been a fight with the Volturi)

Despite everything I said, I still enjoyed the book. I would have read it even if I knew what was going to happen. I think I was upset at first because I had higher standards that were not met. I wanted a fight and for someone(s) to die.

It would seem everyone was geared up for a fight scene. I mean she alluded to it in nearly every book didn't she? Left us wanting more, especially when Ed, Bella and Alice were in Italy and you saw how vicious the Volturi were then you just expected an epic battle come Breaking Dawn. Maybe she can't do fight scenes on that scale, I don't know. Still think Bella was more of a Marvel character this time around, a definite Mary Sue.

Bellatrix Green said:
One of the funniest things was the pregnancy. Not the process but finding out. I was so shocked because Athene Perthro and I had a huge discussion on how it would be improbable for her to get pregnant. But what if. So I just had to laugh at that...
I told you so!

When I read that part of the novel, the first thing I thought about was our arguement. I can't believe it actually happened! Well, obviously I must have, to have argued so forcibly that it would, but can you now see where I was coming from about it being cliche? If I, who can't even see the smashing of a glass coming seconds after I drop it, can guess that something like that was going to happen, it MUST be cliche or stupidly predictable.

But, I actually kinda liked it. Except for the ending. I was thrilled at first, thinking that it was going to be all emotional and Bella and Edward would die, and Renesmee and Jacob would escape. THAT would have been an interesting ending. I was disappointed that it didn't happen. There wasn't even a fight. =[

I'm still chuffed that I got the pregnancy thing right though. I was like, Ha! I can't wait to gloat to Bella XD AND I was right about Jacob turning up at the wedding, but I think everyone saw that coming ^^

I'm dying to know what her wedding dress looked like. :)

It would seem everyone was geared up for a fight scene. I mean she alluded to it in nearly every book didn't she? Left us wanting more, especially when Ed, Bella and Alice were in Italy and you saw how vicious the Volturi were then you just expected an epic battle come Breaking Dawn. Maybe she can't do fight scenes on that scale, I don't know. Still think Bella was more of a Marvel character this time around, a definite Mary Sue.

TOTALLY a Mary Sue when she transformed. I found it dumb how she was the only vampire capable of skipping the newborn phase. Like she was able to have her father around on the SECOND day of her being a vampire, what the heck?! I think Stephenie Meyer just didn't have the guts to kill of anyone through Bella attacking them. Hence, no fight which was TOTALLY disappointing! I mean, WHY even talk about a fight for LOTS of chapters when in the end there isn't one? That's the ONLY thing I didn't like about the book. & the fact that the pregnancy isn't scientifically possible...but all in all, I DID enjoy the book. It's not my favorite of the series, but yeah I liked it.

She was a Mary Sue already.

Strangely, I can accept that wizards fly on broomsticks, thus defying the laws of gravity, but I can not accept that a vampire is capable of procreation. That's weird.

Well see when you bring the idea of magic into something it makes many things normally impossible, possible.

However when you set the realisms in a universe that 1) vampires are frozen and 2) they have no blood if you follow the trains of logic from that procreation is impossible according to the laws of that universe.

And Vampires don't sparkle.

Professor Nicolas King said:
Well see when you bring the idea of magic into something it makes many things normally impossible, possible.

However when you set the realisms in a universe that 1) vampires are frozen and 2) they have no blood if you follow the trains of logic from that procreation is impossible according to the laws of that universe.

And Vampires don't sparkle.
Yeah. I keep resisting the urge to say 'sparkly vampires! sparkly vampires!' and scream.
I have to not put that in my English Extension assignment, which is probably going to be about Pride and Prejudice.

Isabella Chaos said:

TOTALLY a Mary Sue when she transformed. I found it dumb how she was the only vampire capable of skipping the newborn phase. Like she was able to have her father around on the SECOND day of her being a vampire, what the heck?! I think Stephenie Meyer just didn't have the guts to kill of anyone through Bella attacking them. Hence, no fight which was TOTALLY disappointing! I mean, WHY even talk about a fight for LOTS of chapters when in the end there isn't one? That's the ONLY thing I didn't like about the book. & the fact that the pregnancy isn't scientifically possible...but all in all, I DID enjoy the book. It's not my favorite of the series, but yeah I liked it.
I totally agree with you. I think Stephenie Meyer chickened out about a lot of things. There should definitely have been more casualties in that standoff with the Volturis. What are the chances that nearly fifty people can all keep calm enough to not attack with tension as high as it was?

I liked the book but definitely not as much as the others.

wow. well all i can really say is that i liked it. yeah, it was all happy skipididooda. but honestly, i think that's what her fans needed most. considering the majority are girls who just ogle at the idea of Edward. <_<
sure, she could have made it better by killing off some vamps. or maybe just Edward [which would have had me shouting for joy].
the pregnancy was... well acceptable. impossible [especially after Edward says in Twilight that vampires have NO BODY SECRETIONS] but acceptable. well it was when the thing/baby was killing her.
and i guess i don't mind Bella being Mary Sue-ish because i've spent the last three books complaining about Edward being a Mary Sue himself. i hate his perfection, so honestly it would have been better for me if he accidentally killed her or something ^_^
but Jacob imprinting on Reneesme [which by the way i thought was an okay name. considering it seems a very human-Bella-like thing to do.. but Rosalie or someone should have bitten her head off for that] was a nice twist. only because Jacob has the happily-ever-after that he deserves.
the shield thing was obvious to me ever since Edward mentioned somewhere in one of the previous books that these powers they have as vampires were the result of them having been strong traits they had as humans. because Bella has the habit of worrying about everyone but herself.
and i had a feeling about her having better self-control than all normal new borns. i don't know why, but i just had a weird feeling...
what i really do hate about the whole series in general is just how Bella has that mental-shield in the first place. SM doesn't give any plausible reason as to why Bella of all people should have it.
anyway, it was good. and i can't say that i wasn't happy with the ending because i was. for me it just left it open for suspense. i mean, the Volturi now has every reason to want to destroy the Cullens and the rest. ^_^ who knows? maybe they'll come back bigger and stronger and kill just about everyone. hopefully Edward first... >:)
i'm only disappointed that Breaking Dawn is really the last one. there definitely wasn't enough action for it to just... end.

SEX RELATED:

about what Sophia said about erections not being possible without a rush of blood to and through the penis. well, i've thought about that and how it might be possible. but only within a certain time after feeding. i mean, with blood being present in a vampire's system, who's to say that there can't be the 'blood rush' needed for an erection. but then of course there's the fact that they are frozen. which defies any enlargement of whatever body part.
which brings me to my other conclusion. these vampires remain rock solid [or marble as Bella likes to say] forever and ever. including their junk. hehemm... :">

:lol:

Hmm, random thought: how are they going to make Breaking Dawn in to a movie? I mean, she's probably already freaked out the Twilight audience who read the books - will they cut all those graphic scenes from the movie when it comes to Breaking Dawn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back