Breaking Dawn (SPOILERS)

Brandon Coffield

Wand
Hplly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" essence of griffin feather
ok I'm posting this because as soon as the sis fell asleep I took the book and did not sleep a wink until I read it all. seriously 8:15 am this morning finally closing my eyes. I did not like it.
I thought it a massive let down after the first three. It was like she really craved her happy ending. To me the whole Jacob imprinting on the daughter was very predictable. I saw it in a flash and nearly tossed the book when I read that that was what actually did happen. Don't get me wrong delighted for the guy.
and Bella becoming the complete opposite of what she was in RL, you know as a human. That was just way too much, clumsy oaf turns poised, dull as ditch water becomes stunning, over compensates for everyone can now over protect them with her 'shield'. It just left me ticked off, it really did.
Flung the book back at the sis this morning and told her to stop buying crap books from now on in. And it is a shame coz the first three were leading somewhere cool. I mean a proper confrontation with the Volturi would have been brilliant, a few casualties were needed but for no one but Irina to bite the dust, just really seemed the stuff of fairy tales. Think she must have finished the book too quickly for the sake of her fans but forgot to think of what they really needed. Could have sworn that whole vampire/human baby thing was in some other sci fi book or movie, will have to check it out.

verdict out of 10: 4
<i></i>

I have edited the topic titles for those who are avoiding spoilers.

Perhaps somebody should make a new topic for general twilight discussion without spoilers on breaking dawn?

I agree with you on mostof your opinions of the book. As I said earlier, my feelings when reading it mirrored those when I read Deathly Hallows. Creativity is thrown out the window to fit everything into a neat package and give every character a happy, cookie-cutter ending.

yeah sorry about that came back to change it but couldn't and didn't know who to ask.
so thanks Professor King.

I must have said 'OMG.' Five thousand times whilst reading the book. It was not my favorite, but I expected most of it. Very cliche, although I did not expect the pregnancy at all. And I thought Bella would die during childbirth. At the end of Jacob's book I was peeved. And, Bella is somewhat of a slut. Leading Jacob on still and what not.

was so stoked for this book to came out. Extremely excited, yet after reading it a felt a sort of awkwardness to me. It felt like I had repeated New Moon in a sense. It was sad, tragic, and a cried a bit. Yet many things annoyed the crap out of me. Jacob Black found a new meaning to annoying for me, and Rosalie Hale just pushed me over the edge. I can't tell you how many countless times I slammed the book or something. So I have a fierce annoyance and dislike towards the book, yet I also was very drawn. I wanted to know more. I loved the detail into the Vampire life, it made my understanding a lot better as well as it may change some of the ways I RP. Over all I cannot say I hated the book, but I will also not say that I loved it. I shall not make a decision yet. I am letting time tell me, and listen to other people. It mainly left me in a sense of confusion on weither it was good or not, thus I shall not make a final yay or nay decision yet.

It left me...empty.

One of the funniest things was the pregnancy. Not the process but finding out. I was so shocked because Athene Perthro and I had a huge discussion on how it would be improbable for her to get pregnant. But what if. So I just had to laugh at that...

Was I the only one expecting the Pregnancy? *Hears crickets* Seems so, Though I really wanted a battle. The book really dissapointed me, a serious lack of creativity just to give everyone a happy ending. Though the Jacob imprinting on Renesme shocked me, and pissed me off.

I agree 100% Sophia, Rhyspa, and Bellatrix!

I didn't expect that Edward would be able to actually get Bella pregnant. I didn't know vampires were capable of such a feat. =\

Like I said in Spam, I haven't read the book, just the Wikipeida article. I really dislike the series, so that has skewed my opinion, and therefore my reaction to the plot was a little extreme, but still. I was stunned.

And Jacob imprinting on Reneesme? And the baby actually being named Reneesme? Um, what?

Yeah, the name. Er, what the heck was she thinking? And I did not know Edward could do that. She explained that they couldn't get pregnant, but she only specified that vampires couldn't. Meyers said their bodies were frozen, so therefore they couldn't do that.

I didn't like the name AT ALL. Also, The reason I expected it was because Bella was still human, therefore could change with the pregnancy.

overall I'd give it a 5

Rhyspa Aireous said:
Yeah, the name. Er, what the heck was she thinking? And I did not know Edward could do that. She explained that they couldn't get pregnant, but she only specified that vampires couldn't. Meyers said their bodies were frozen, so therefore they couldn't do that.
Thats Athene and I thought. And besides...the sexual components that are inside the body that are needed to create a baby are alive, they are living organisms, and cannot live in a dead body...so how could it be possible...thats what bugged me.

Thanks Kailey! I am mad at the people who loved the happily ever after, there was technically no loss. Not even the thought of Irina dieing was a big deal.

Oh and someone on a Twilight site mentioned how they had no fighting. Loads of soap opera tension, but not actual fighting. How crap was that. There was something meaningful in the first three, but only talk of something in the last.

Oh and what are we rating out of. 10 being amazing? I would say a 5.5. It had its few good moments.

Warning: Sex Education Materials to be discussed in this post

Biologically speaking the pregnancy does not make sense. Really, intercourse itself should not be possible for a male vampire. An erection is caused by blood filling chambers inside of the penis. Without blood flowing through the veins of the vampires, this should not happen. But as it is, most fantasy writers do not care much about sciences and how it affects what they want to write.

Other than that, I was disappointed in the book because the plot was rather predictable and boring. There was no twist, there was nothing original about it. The entire book was just Stephenie Meter fulfilling the fantasies of her readers. I read a few reviews where people went on about how the book is awful because it promotes teen pregnancy and taking the easy way out. I do not believe that this book was meant to have an underlying theme or message. I truly believe Stephenie Meyer wrote these books to make money, and nothing further.

The kid's name sounds like Bella sneezed when she was saying Renee, and everybody to it as that. :p

Sophia Stark said:
Warning: Sex Education Materials to be discussed in this post

Biologically speaking the pregnancy does not make sense. Really, intercourse itself should not be possible for a male vampire. An erection is caused by blood filling chambers inside of the penis. Without blood flowing through the veins of the vampires, this should not happen. But as it is, most fantasy writers do not care much about sciences and how it affects what they want to write.

Other than that, I was disappointed in the book because the plot was rather predictable and boring. There was no twist, there was nothing original about it. The entire book was just Stephenie Meter fulfilling the fantasies of her readers. I read a few reviews where people went on about how the book is awful because it promotes teen pregnancy and taking the easy way out. I do not believe that this book was meant to have an underlying theme or message. I truly believe Stephenie Meyer wrote these books to make money, and nothing further.
Thank you for that! :)
The entire book was just Stephenie Meter fulfilling the fantasies of her readers

That was a very good point because she did mention on how all her fandom is on the internet and such. She probably read one too many fan fics and wanted to please everyone with a happy story. I was mad about twist, thats what makes every story interesting. Thats what makes anything interesting was a twist.

Haha Ford! That was good... =))

Bellatrix Green said:
Rhyspa Aireous said:
Thats Athene and I thought. And besides...the sexual components that are inside the body that are needed to create a baby are alive, they are living organisms, and cannot live in a dead body...so how could it be possible...thats what bugged me.

Thanks Kailey! I am mad at the people who loved the happily ever after, there was technically no loss. Not even the thought of Irina dieing was a big deal.

Oh and someone on a Twilight site mentioned how they had no fighting. Loads of soap opera tension, but not actual fighting. How crap was that. There was something meaningful in the first three, but only talk of something in the last.

Oh and what are we rating out of. 10 being amazing? I would say a 5.5. It had its few good moments.
I got that, I'm just saying that would be an authors explanation.

Brianna Paramore said:
Bellatrix Green said:
Rhyspa Aireous said:

Ahh yes.

I wounder if Breaking Dawn will be better the second time around from Edwards point of view? I read the first unedited chapter for midnight sun and it seemed good.

I just realized this. Did anyone notice the character of Bella in the preface was the Bella we knew from the three books before, but soon after she totally changed. And just seemed different...almost too mushy of a character?

Bellatrix Green said:
Brianna Paramore said:
Bellatrix Green said:
Rhyspa Aireous said:

Ahh yes.

I wounder if Breaking Dawn will be better the second time around from Edwards point of view? I read the first unedited chapter for midnight sun and it seemed good.

I just realized this. Did anyone notice the character of Bella in the preface was the Bella we knew from the three books before, but soon after she totally changed. And just seemed different...almost too mushy of a character?
Yeah, That really made me mad.

I thought the book was good. However I hated Bella's complete personality change and the name Reneesme. Its an awful name. I liked the middle name,Carlie, much much better. To me, the book was bad because it wasnt detailed enough. It seemed to rush by without much attention to anything. I wanted the fight to happen. The book needed some action. Overall it was not my favorite.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who was disappointed by the lack of violence in Breaking Dawn. I very badly wanted the fight to happen and the Volturi get their behinds handed to them.

wow and here I was thinking it was just me.
glad I've not lost my own senses then. She really did write these for the money making machine didn't she? You could even see how this one would look as a movie, I was thinking this one through last night and that to me was why Bella was all very X-Men in this book.
It bugged the crap out of me that Bella led Jacob on for close on three and a half books then goes all psycho when Jacob imprints on Nessie (won't even try spelling the daft name she called the child) knowing that imprinting is not anything lustful at all.
They were there gearing up for a mad fight and nothing. Crazy that many blood sucking vampires and 'shapeshifters' apparantly not werewolves anymore and only one death. Thank you Caius for that one by the way. I expected a lot more, was left real disappointed, don't even want to finish The Host now. What's this Midnight Sun supposed to be about?

Midnight Sun is Twilight from Edward's point of view.

The Host was good. I liked it a lot. It is so different from the Twilight Series. The ending was sort of predictable to me, but it did not upset me really. The characters work to make it happen the way it does, the ending is not just handed to them that way.

Oh, I had a question. In the first three books the title of the book was found somewhere in the book. I do not recall the phrase 'breaking dawn'[/i] in the novel, and it has been bothering me. I will admit it is possible that it was there and I missed it. Thus, I am asking if anyone else noticed that it was missing? Or did I not notice, in which case can someone please tell me where it was. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back