Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah finished combing her hair and began to braid it as she sat on her bed. She was meeting her Heta Omega Big for breakfast this Sunday morning. It was the first time they would really have a conversation outside of their first meeting of the year. She looked in the mirror and thought she looked presentable, as she was wearing a nice sun dress this morning. She walked down to the Great Hall and took a seat at the Ravenclaw table pouring herself a glass of pumpkin juice. She pulled a book out of her bag and began reading while she waited for Mazikeen to arrive.

Mazikeen had been surprised to receive a letter from her “little sister” but happy too. She wanted nothing more than to spend some time getting to know the other girl. She liked the premise that the Heta Omega had with it, looking out for someone in one of the other years. The teen had decided to dress nice, make herself look presentable for the younger girl, applying a her newest dark shade of red lipstick and running a brush through her hair one last time before she headed down the stairs to the great hall. She had her bag with books inside it for after, a little lesbian pride flag badge attached to the front. The girl arrived at the great hall and looked around to the ravenclaw table. She smiled lightly when she spotted the young first year with her noise in a book and juice in front of her. The teen walked over excitedly and plopped down into the seat next to her. ”Hey Adorah! I’m glad you reached out!” Mazikeen said brightly, ”How are you?”

Adorah looked up as Mazikeen approached the Ravenclaw table and was a little taken a back when she sat down right beside her. She closed her book and turned herself on the seat so she was facing the older Gryffindor. "I'm doing alright, just reading for fun for once," she said, giving Mazikeen a half smile. She was reading for fun, but in reality, it was still academic reading, as A Brief History of Time was probably not what most students would be reading in their down time. However, she really couldn't resist. Astronomy was so fascinating, and she was rather distraught over having to wait a whole year before she would be able to take the class again. She put the book back in her bag and tried to think of something to continue the conversation - small talk was not her forte. "So, how long have you been in Heta Omega?" she asked.

Mazikeen gave a little smiled and looked towards the book that the other girl was reading, if this was fun reading for Adorah she couldn’t imagine what not fun reading might look like, ”Wow, do you like astronomy?” Mazikeen asked as she grabbed herself a little something to eat. If this was fun reading, Mazikeen had to imagine that she liked astronomy, but given that the girl was a ravenclaw perhaps she just liked reading about all subject matters. At the question Mazikeen thought, ”I think I joined in my first year,” she was almost certain about it, though not completely. At the very least if it wasn’t first year it would certainly be the year after. She’d been a part of the Heta omega for a little while and knew it well enough and enjoyed it a lot. ”It’s a good club, there’s a few good events and the Heta Omega room is a good place to go,” Mazikeen didn’t really need to sell it to Adorah given that she’d already joined the club but it slipped out without her giving it much thought. The gryffindor grinned at her and then said, ”Why did you decide to join?” figuring that remaining a little on the topic of the Heta omega would give their conversation time to grow without being too forced. She wanted to get along with Adorah, wanted Adorah to like her.

Adorah's eyes widened when Mazikeen asked her if she enjoyed learning about the stars. "Oh, very much! It's my favorite subject here, and I just love Professor Harrington. She's wonderful! What's your favorite subject?" She watched as Mazikeen decided to get food and joined in while the girl explained her experience in Heta Omega. Adorah took a spoonful of beans and eggs, as well as toast and a piece of bacon and manuevered all of it on her plate. She placed some of the egg on the toast and took a bite. Mazikeen sounded like she had had fun in the club, and that reassured Adorah that she had made the right choice. There seemed to be such a variety of girls at the first meeting that Adorah was worried she may not fit in, especially knowing that some of her roommates were there. However, she was working hard this semester to make friends so she wouldn't feel as awkward in those situations, particularly since she would have to be involved with Heta Omega for the next six years (or so she hoped). "What kind of events have you had in the past?" She thought about Mazikeen's question for a moment. "I'm not sure, really. I was walking to all the clubs during that event they had, and there were a lot of people at the school newspaper. Heta Omega was relatively empty when I first saw the table." She hesistated before continued. "I'm not the greatest at making friends," she said, looking down at her plate, "and I thought this group might help with that." It was the first time she admitted to another student that she was having trouble socially. She hoped the girl wouldn't judge her based on this statement.

Mazikeen listened as the girl said it was her favourite subject, Mazikeen couldn’t imagine liking Astronomy that much herself, but she knew that care of magical creatures wasn’t for everyone either so she knew that each person could and likely did have their own preferences when it came to a favourite subject. ”Professor Harrington is really nice,” Maze agreed, she’d like the professor so far, she was rather good at explaining things, especially when Maze knew that astronomy was not her strongest class. ”You don’t do it yet, but it’s Care of Magical creatures, it’s an elective class,” the Gryffindor said with a little smile. She loved care of magical creatures, but she wondered if it would’ve been better to say that her favourite subject was some core class that Adorah would actually know. At the second question she smiled before listening as she continued on, ”It can really vary, last year we had a party for the seventh year girls who were leaving, the year before we had a talent contest for anyone in the school not just sisters,” Mazikeen replied with a little smile, ”It’s a good place to be, and it has it’s own common area which tends to be quieter than the library or the student lounge,” she wasn’t sure how much this girl enjoyed studying or the environment in which she studied best but, the area was a pretty useful thing. ”It is also a good way to make friends, especially because people are nicer to each other there. There’s no house division really. I like it a lot! Plus, now you’ve got a big sister who is also a friend,” the Gryffindor replied with a little smile. ”Are you enjoying first year?” the girl asked.

Adorah furrowed her brow when Mazikeen said Care of Magical Creatures was her favorite class. She didn't even realize that was a class that you could take. She also didn't realize that there were magical creatures, really. She hadn't read about them in any of the books she had studied yet. "What kind of creatures do you learn about in the class?" she asked geniunely. Mazikeen then began to explain all the things Heta Omega had done in the past. It seemed to be a pretty good group, and Adorah was glad she had at least given it a try this year. She wasn't aware that there was a place to study for Heta Omega members, and she made a note that it could be a useful spot eventually. When Mazikeen said she had a friend, Adorah gave her a small smile. She hoped she wasn't being her friend just because she had to. "It's going okay. I'm doing well in my classes, but adjusting to all of this world is a lot," she said quickly. "I was raised by muggles, you see, but I'm adopted so I'm not really sure how all that works. Either way, this is very new," she finished, quite out of breath.

Mazikeen smiled and thought for a moment, ”We learn about a whole lot of animals, they’re always magical and the lessons tend to be split between animals that we could actually look after and dangerous ones. We do learn about Dragons and we learn about kneazles,” Mazikeen explained with a smile, hoping that it would be a good descriptor of the sort of work that they did in the class. It was her favourite class but it was quite a broad subject and hoped that it would be enough for the girl. ”You get to pick from a number of electives in third year, well, you pick them in second year and start them in third year,” Mazikeen wasn’t sure if this girl was from a magical family and would therefore know that this was how it was done or perhaps not, but it seemed nice enough to tell her, that was what older sisters did after all. She listened as Adorah explained how her first year had been, indicating in those words that this world was new to her, and further going so far as to explicitly state it. ”This world can be fairly daunting,” the girl conceded with a little smile, ”I’m adopted to, but into a magical family,” Mazikeen said to her, it was not the same, Maze had been raised around magic but it would maybe help her connect to her, ”I’ll happily answer any questions about this world and how it works, day or night!” she wanted the girl to feel welcomed in the school, and to know she had someone she could turn to with her questions. Mazikeen knew it was a daunting world and she could be the best big sister to her and help her whenever she needed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back