Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Unyielding Reed Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Kard was sitting on the Ravenclaw table, already eating his breakfast. He had a long piece of paper in his robe, having made the list he promised Saira yesterday last night. It wasn't hard to list all of his favourite books, but he only put some of them on there that he thought she would find interesting. As he was eating, he saw Saira walk in the Great Hall and immediately waved her over.

"Saira!" Kard waved, smiling happily as he beckoned her over to his table.

Saira yawned as she entered the , not getting much sleep last night. She looked around the room looking for someone, when she heard a voice calling her name. Saira turned around and saw her friend sitting in the Ravenclaw table. She felt a smile creeping onto her as she waved back, and walked towards the table. She sat down beside him and grabbed some toast. “Hey Kard. Did you sleep well?” Saira said, yawning again. She spread some peanut butter on the toast and folded it, making a sandwich. She took a small bite before taking a bigger one.

Kard smiled at Saira when she sat next to him, facing he a bit whilst he was eating some rice. "I slept alright," He answered, "I woke up a bit in the night, though. It was usually the time my siblings would crash on top of me when they couldn't sleep." Which was all the time, he added in his head. He chuckled and shook his head.

"How about you?" Kard asked as he kept on eating.

An image of two younger kids jumping on top of the boy popped into her head, Saira laughed. “I didn’t sleep that well, the beds here are quite different than what i’m used to. That and it’s the first day today.” She said. The beds in fact were much different. Her bed had been much bigger and softer. So it would take a while for her to get used to it.”What’s your first class? Mine is History of Magic.”

"I actually don't have any classes today," Kard answered, smiling brightly, "That means I get to study more later in the library." He finished his food, leaving the plate spotless of any crumbs. He then straddled the bench and faced Saira completely, leaning on his elbow on the table.

"History of Magic is pretty interesting!" Kard said enthusiastically, "I've been waiting my whole life to take that class. My por tried his best to teach me and my siblings, but he failed that class." He laughed, remembering his por's confused face as he looked at his mae for help.

Saira finished her sandwich and took a drink from her glass of apple juice. “I don’t know, I’m not that fond of history in general. But, maybe this one will be interesting.” She said, though getting acceptable grades for normal history, she never really liked it. She had preferred science and english when she was in school. “Good for you though! By the ways, who is por and mae?” Saira asked, unfamiliar with those terms that he had used. Saira was never good at foreign languages.

"Oh, it will most definitely be!" Kard said, smiling and excited just thinking about it. "Learning about how wizard and witches first started? All the famous wizards and witches of the past?" He clenched his fists and happily punched the air. Muggle history has always been one of his favourite subjects, though he did have a hard time with names and dates.

"Por and mae is how you say dad and mom in Thai," Kard happily explained, "I'm half-Thai, from my mae's side, so we use some Thai language back at home." He grinned and rested his face on his palm.

Saira laughed softly at Kard’s energy. ”Well, if you say so.“ She said. Saira finished the rest of her drink and put down the glass. She wiped the side of her mouth with a napkin and smiled. ”Oh, that makes sense.“ She said, pertaining to the foreign words.

Saira noticed a piece of paper in his hands. it was scribbled with several titles of books that she was unfamilliar with. ”Is that for me?Saira asked, gesturing at the long parchment paper.

"Oh! Right!" Kard gave the piece of paper to her, "I made this list last night before I slept. I hope it's not too long.." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. "They're muggle books, so I don't know if you could get them here." He had to check the library later to see if there was any muggle story books. It would be sad if there wasn't any, but there was a whole assortment of books, so he's not that bothered.

"I really like 'Because You'll Never Meet Me'." Kard pointed at where the title was on the list, "It's a great book! I probably read it more than three times." He smiled, a bit proud of himself.

Saira received the paper, and looked up at him as he explained.”It’s fine, I can probably finish this by maybe the end of the year.” She chuckled. “Do you think owls can hold packages? I could order the books to my dorm and ask my owl to deliver it to me. Though it’d probably take a while for him to be strong enough.” Saira said, think about her little owlet. “I’ll make sure to purchase the book first then.” Saira smiled, excited to get back into reading again.

"He can definitely deliver it to you!" Kard said with a little grin, thinking about his own owl. "I think you'd have to ask someone to order it for you though; There isn't any network connection here." He was happy to see her smile and to sense that she was also happy. It was so much easier for him to function properly when the people around him were happy. "Tell me what you think about it whenever you get the chance to read it, yeah?"

Saira was shocked to learn that there was no network connection. Sure she didn’t use the net that frequently, but it was still important for her to play some of her games. “Wait, seriously? You’re kidding right??” The shock registering into mind slowly. Kard shook his head, telling her no. “Oh...” Well, she wouldn’t be able to play her online games, but thankfully she had downladed a few before arriving in Hogwarts. “Oh and, yes, I’ll definitely tell you what I think about the book when I can get to reading it.” It would take very long until she would be able to purchase the books, but she would get to it someday.

(Hey sorry for the late reply, I was out for a while.)

"Phone's don't work within the castle and the areas surrounding it," Kard explained to Saira, knowing how she felt both literally and figuratively. At least it wasn't such a nasty emotion like anger, he shuddered to himself. He wasn't that dependent on his phone like his siblings, but he was also used to using one.

"Good! It's getting close to your class time, right?" Kard asked, not wanting to be reason that she was late to her first class on the first day. "You should go ahead now, we'll talk again later. Promise." He smiled at her, reaching out his pinky finger towards her.

She hadn’t even noticed that most of the hall was empty. ”Yup, I better get going.” Saira said. She smiled again, looking at his hand, she reached out her pinky finger out and intertwined it into his. “Promise. Bye! See you later!“ Saira said, getting up and waving her hand. She rushed out of the hall and walked towards the direction of the class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back