OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale
Jai Edogawa-Raven was bored. Perhaps, he really should have gone looking for his sisters or his cousin for the day in hopes that the boredom be staved off for a little while longer. Of course, he had not thought of that earlier and while his sisters came and went as they pleased, they could just as easily hide from him if they so fancied, especially in such a large place as the Hogwarts castle. It would also have been perhaps a good idea to go bother Heath-san, he had been planning to introduce Misa, Feli and Corey to him after all since they were all children of the older man's classmates. It would make for interesting conversations of that at least he was sure. Well, for not however, he was stuck with wandering the second floor in hopes of finding something to do since he had already done most of his work and was just really trying to enjoy his free time.

Zennon didn't always like hanging out inside, but since he'd managed to make up, sort of, with Rowan, he'd felt a lot better about running into her. He knew that around this time she would have been with Elsie, probably in one of the empty classrooms or something, practicing. He had intended to find them, until he found himself almost bumping into a body he'd not been expecting as he turned a corner. "Woah!" He stopped immediately and jumped back in an effort not to knock the clearly younger boy flying. Zennon hadn't been concentrating and he berated himself for that. After all, he didn't really fancy himself a trip to the Hospital Wing right now, since he didn't want to have to tug the kid along. He appeared to be a Slytherin, if his robes were any indication. "Sorry about that, are you alright?" He asked, looking down at the younger Slytherin, wondering why he was wandering about the halls like this.​

Jai had just been about to turn on one of the many corners lining the second floor corridor when he almost collided with another person. Seriously, this was happening waaaaaay too frequently. And it was really starting to get to the boy. And it's not like he wasn't paying attention to where he was going but seriously, people just keep popping out of corners! The only reason he didn't even collide with the older boy was because he had shouted, which had of course led to Jai jumping back and away from the source. It was mostly due to surprise and the younger tried to collect himself rather quickly to maintain some semblance of dignity. Jai sighed however and stared at the older boy apologizing before scrunching his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose just to calm his frustrations. "I'm fine. But this has been happening way too much," he grumbled with a shake of his head. "Bloody hell, what is up with this castle, people popping up left and right and around corners," the young boy muttered, his tone a little softer - he was just a little bit conscious about cussing considering his mum would probably kill him if she ever heard. Jai finally opened his eyes once more and observed the older boy. "I apologize for nearly bumping into you as well," he finally conceded.

-Marga, what’s my rule?-

Zennon watched in quiet fascination and some horror as the youngster admitted that he’d been nearly bumped into quite a few times. Zennon has to fight the urge to laugh, knowing quite well it could be. This castle was a big place though and it was hard to announce yourself at every corner. Normally he would stand closer to the middle but he’d been paying absolutely zero attention since he’d been trying to find his sisters, though they were unfortunately very good at remaining hidden when they wanted to be. “Yeah, sorry about that normally I’m paying much better attention.” He said, watching as the boy tried to visibly calm himself. “Bit of a rough time huh?” He thought the boy was vaguely familiar, but he wasn’t sure where he might have known the boy for, apart from his being a Slytherin though, there was something else, a club maybe? “Don’t even worry about it,” he said with a wave of his hand to dismiss the notion, “I’m fine, we’re both fine right? Did you need to go to the hospital wing? I help out in there sometimes.” He offered.​

- To remind you after a week? :r -
Jai could only sigh as the older boy could obviously see his frustration. There was really no helping his frustration though. This was already his second year and he still kept bumping into people - literally! You'd think that would have stopped last year. But nooooo. "It's fine. Paying attention doesn't seem to help in these cases anyway," he told the boy. Well, more like grumbled. He really should get a hold of his frustration right now, it was unseemly. The young Slytherin could only hold back a sigh from this situation as he wondered how many more people he would bump into through the course of the year - or through the course of his Hogwarts life for that matter. He wouldn't tell his mum about it though, she'd die from laughter probably. Or his sisters. And his dad would only claim that he got the clumsiness from his mother. Not that he was being clumsy anyways! Disregarding his wandering thoughts, Jai shook his head at the boy's question. He wasn't really hurt, except for maybe his pride. Otherwise all seemed good. "Yeah, I'm fine," he said with a nod before noting that the boy helped out in the infirmary. Now, that was interesting. "I've never been to the infirmary, must get quite busy."

Zennon chuckled slightly at the younger Slytherin, though he was glad the boy was okay, he didn't want to be responsible for an injury he had to fix in the Hospital Wing. "No, you are right, this castle just has so many halls and corridors, it's easy to not think about how close you are to a wall or opening." He had crashed into a few people in his time to, or had some near misses, mostly near misses. "Alright, if you decide you do need to go though, please let me know and I can take you, we have potions for headaches and bruises, so it would be fine to take you there and I'm sure my mentor Lucius wouldn't mind it either." Zennon nodded then as the younger boy asked if the hospital wing was busy and Zennon shrugged. "In the first couple of weeks it was, a lot of first years tend to fall off their brooms apparently, so we had them in and out through the weeks." He said, shaking his head. "I'll be honest, I'm surprised most manage to survive past first time if that keeps happening to them, surely they know to hold on." he realised a little too late that this boy was young and was either a first year himself or just out of it and could easily have taken offence at his words. "Oh, I mean no offence by that but the way, just... cautious, I guess." He didn't like the thought of students getting hurt after all.​

Jai could merely nod in understanding. He hated bumping into people, avoided contact with people as much as he could, with family being the exception. Hogwarts seemed to know that and made it nearly impossible to avoid collision really. "I'm sure I'm alright," the Slytherin repeated for the nth time. Merlin, when was the guy going to get the he really was fine and that no, he really did not want to go to the infirmary either. There was just no point considering that he wasn't even injured in the first place. The boy sighed inaudibly before it registered that the boy was talking about potions. He wondered if he should take his sisters to the infirmary just so they could ask to check out the potions. They're pretty harmless anyway. Well, for the most part. Jai listened as the older boy continued to talk about the first years that were probably regulars of the infirmary due to flying classes. Jai himself had never had the chance to fall on a broom again after the first time he had fallen when he was young. His mum had been furious then and had proceeded to make sure that he while he was still a competitive and fast flyer that he was also smart about it. "I'm not offended," the younger boy shrugged, "If they think they can fly properly without holding on to their brooms properly, then a fall or two is well-deserved." Really, it would be a painful lesson. But it would hopefully be a lesson that stuck. If it didn't... Well, then they'd be pretty stupid.

Zennon nodded at the young Slytherin, satisfied that he knew Zennon could and would help if he wanted it. He looked around quickly just to make sure that he couldn't see his sisters before turning his attention back to the younger boy. "Ah, good, yeah, sorry, I just get into healer mode a bit and I just want to help, it's a bit of a habit you pick up when you hang out with the nurses." He said, laughing slightly. He had to agree though with what the kid said about the first years learning to fly. Aside from the muggleborn students or the students who were raised with a muggle upbringing, there wasn't much excuse for them to not know how to fly or at least hold on. Zennon had learned to fly at a young age and whilst he wasn't great at it by far, he wasn't terrible and he could definitely fly in a pinch should he ever need to. He nodded. "I mean I don't want them to seriously hurt themselves of course, but I figure if they fall off enough, they'll work it out." He added, shrugging.​

Last edited:
Jai could nearly sigh in relief when the older boy had finally stopped pestering him about going to the infirmary. He didn't think he could stand any more of his insistence, bordering overbearing. It was nothing Jai couldn't deal with really, but he was getting annoyed and while he could deal with it, it probably won't be very polite of him. He didn't really know why the older boy even bothered to explain to him why he was being a bit overbearing, it didn't make it any less troublesome. "It is not a bad habit. It can just get a little," he would have finished it with the word annoying but his mum's voice was floating around in his head. Manners, Jai, it chided. "Awkward," he finished rather lamely, not really managing to find any other word that fit. Jai listened however as the boy continued to talk about the first year flying lessons. He didn't think about it often, just knew that his sisters and cousin were having them, but the girls were pretty decent with a broom and Corey had been flying for as long as Jai had been if not longer. "If they don't figure it out after the second fall, they aren't using their heads enough," the younger Slytherin commented. In all honesty, Jai was of the opinion of they should have had it figured out to hold on tight after the first fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back