Boredom Has A New Name

Emma Shorts

Emma had been working almost all the time on her assignments. Third year was hitting her rather hard. Yet being up in the common room all the time was driving Emma insane. After placing down her books, she decided to go take a wonder. Wondering out towards the garden, Emma wore a light jacket over her out of season sun dress.

Entering the gardens not noticing anyone around. "Where is everyone" She wondered aloud as Emma went over to a stone bench and took a seat. Crossing her legs she stared out at the different flowers that seemed to change not just every year but every day.

Libby walked through the gardens, a place she hadn't yet been. Larissa was still driving her mad, and she had know idea what to do with her. She came across a little clearing, and found a girl who looked slightly older than her sitting on her own. She wandered over curiously. "Hi. Do you mind if i join you?" she asked politely

Emma was staring at a very pretty flower that looked much like the ones she had give Ana-Cole that one time when she was sent to the hospital wing. That was a bad year to say the least. Though as she was woken out of her thoughts by a young girl's voice. Sure Emma did not look like a third year at all, possibly a first year. She just had that young look towards her and she was rather short and skinny. Yet the girl that walked into the gardens and sat down looked like she was a first year.

"Hey" Emma said smiling at the young girl "Sure you can join me. The name's Emma" she said as she pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear. It had gotten so long over the years of not cutting it. "And who are you?" She asked her tone friendly.

Libby smiled, Emma was friendly. "Thanks" she said, taking a seat next to her. "I'm Liberty, although most call me Libby" she said. Looking around her, she saw her beautiful the place was, and wondered why she'd never been here before. "What house are you in?" she asked curiously.

"nice to meet you Libby" Emma said wishing that she could make a nick name with her name though really Emma couldn't be shortened. She had just grown to deal with it. After thirteen years she just got used to it. When Libby asked which house Emma was in she flashed her a small smile. "Hufflepuff Third year" She said thinking that this year there were plenty of hufflepuffs coming in and gladly the house didn't have as bad as a reputation as before. Emma always loved the house itself no matter what some people said.

"Which house are you in?" She asked curiously.

Libby smiled when Emma said what house she was in. "Hufflepuff first year" she replied. "When i first joined, i hoped to be put into Slytherin like my mother, with my," Libby paused, "well, with someone, but now i'm glad i'm not. I'd hate to be there now" she said truthfully. She'd never seen hufflepuff as a favorite before she'd been sorted in it.

Libby's green eyes wandered to a flower. "These are so pretty!" she said, glancing at a Rosadhenren(sp?). "Do you come here much?" She asked.

Emma smiled as Libby said she was in Hufflepuff as well. I should have known that She thought though her smile remained on her face as she glanced out in the distance and noticed a few flowers that she had given her mother before leaving the house to spend the weekend with her father for the first time after the divorce. So many memories.

"Slytherin" Emma said turning to Libby though her mind pushed out of thoughts. "You'd be surprised at how many students wanted to be in Slytherin but ended up in Hufflepuff" she said her smile calm. "Though Hufflepuff isn't a bad house. I am quite proud to be a puff" She added with a small laugh.

Though as Libby talked about how she wouldn't want to be there now. "Best friend and you fighting?" Emma guessed. "But I used to. This year has been so hectic already but my last year I spent most my time here with Kyle" Emma said thinking about the two of them. She hadn't heard from him and awhile and she was thinking about maybe a break up. He might just be avoiding her after all.

"hmmm" she said, listening to her. "Im now proud to be hufflepuff. I don't care about what other people say about it ether. Yes, do you know Larissa Sedgwick? Well we've.." Libby paused again, even she wasn't sure of how they were at the moment. "We used to be best friends" she concluded. "Although she teases me about being in Hufflepuff"

"Kyle?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back