Bored

This girl is either very excited or flat out insane, Ford thought, "They are moving," he admitted. Ford had never been one to jump to conclusions, and he was highly skeptical of anything in this room. However, it was pushing his limits; he was in a school that taught magic to kids after all. "Perhaps there is a hidden passage." he admitted begrudgingly.

"Well I can fairly deduce that myself Sherlock" Andromeda muttered, forgetting she was talking to a prefect, "the only thing is I did hear a sound and it must have come from whatever is behind here. Now either you're brave enough to figure out how to open this to see or we attempt to get of here."

Andromeda didn't like this room one bit, nothing in it seemed to be anything linked to liking werewolves just the capture, study and killing of them. The picture was the only liberating thing yet that itself had been hidden behind a huge curtain. She wanted to leave but needed Ford's help to do so.

"The other way is locked," Ford said boredly, "And thus we go through this passage." He pulled out his wand and began digging around for where this breeze was coming from. Soon enough, he came upon a small crack, about an inch wide. He looked through it, it led down an ill-lit corridor that faded into blackness very quickly. "Alohomora," he said, but the passage entrance didn't budge, Guess it doesn't work on stone walls that move.

"I'm going to need your help opening this thing," Ford said as he positioned himself to pull the door open.

Yep because I am supergirl as well as super stupid, she thought.
She went over and stood beside him positioning herself to move the door. Andromeda had been used to hard work on the farming estate they had lived on but pulling and pushing on this heavy door was something else. Especially when she had to do it with someone who would have probably scared her senseless on a normal day.

"Alright then, pull!" she called out to him, giving it everything she had.

With their combined strengths, the door slowly ground open, revealing the darkened passage Ford had seen throug the crack. "Use lumos, I'll be prepared for anything that needs to be done, being that I know more spells." Ford said decisively. He didn't know what they were getting into and wanted to be sure they got out safely and quickly.

Andromeda listened to him and obeyed instinctively when his authoritive voice told her to 'lumos'. She held her wand up and lit the tip of it giving them some small means of light at least, she held it near the passage so they could see their way alot better. Andromeda had the sense to stand more behind Ford though still some what to his side. She didn't mean to but her hand reached out for his hand. She was scared and could feel it seep right through every pore.

Unlike Andromeda, Ford had no idea what creature frequented these passages, and thus was only minorly creeped out. Walking forward carefully, he watched the floor, walls, and ceiling closely. Occasionally, there were deep scratches in the wall, as if some creature had drug its claws through it. What the hell? Ford thought, Something other than a normal human lives here. He felt fear building slowly, but kept it shoved back in his mind.

Suddenly, after about 50 feet, the corridor angled downwards and curved off the the right gently, "Do you have any idea what this is or where we're going?" Ford asked, breaking a silence that was allowing his mind to conjure all sorts of abyssal horrors.

Andromeda walked slowly behind him recognising markings similar to ones she had made in the cavern but these belonged to a larger wolf. Much larger. She tugged his hand gently.
"Ford I don't think we should go any further" she whispered, "Really, we have to try the doors again. Trust me please!"

Ford looked at the girl, her face express desperate worry very clearly. He paused and thought for a moment, "Alright," he acquiesced, "What's got you so bugged?" Part of him was relieved not to go forward, as with every step, fear increased expoenetially inside him. But another part was too curious for his own good.

He started walking back the way they had come, watching behind them every few steps, and keeping Andromeda between him and the fear-mongering unknown behind them. He figured that, as a fourth year and Prefect, he should protect the younger student as much as possible.

Andromeda would have loved to have blurted out that her spidey senses were tingling but she didn't know if he would get her humour at all or if he knew anything remotely connected with the muggle world. She knew there was danger down there, not necessarily another werewolf but she couldn't risk letting Ford go down just incase. She would never forgive herself if anything was to happen. Somehow Andromeda had the feeling that she would have been safe down there, scared but safe. She just wasn't sure about Ford's safety.

She let him guide her back up the corridor and had to think fast when he asked her about what was bugging her.
"You don't see a connection anywhere at all? The books in there, the picture and now this passageway with wolf claws scratched into it, no connection?" she asked bewildered actually that he hadn't.

For some reason, Ford hadn't made the connection, but Andromeda's comment put the pieces together very efficiently. "Oh sh1t," he swore upon that realization and picked up his pace. "When we get back to the room, you try to open that door with the spell I just taught you, I'll try to shut the hidden door back up."

"Ok" was all Andromeda could mutter as she was dragged along behind him. She was glad at last that it had all finally clicked into place for him, she just hoped they could open the other door now.
Once they were back inside she let go of his hand and ran back to the door they had entered through. Raising her wand she tried to remember the wand movements and the spell.
"Allohomora", nothing happened. She tried again still nothing.

Andromeda turned to see if Ford was having better luck than she was.
"Am I saying this right?" she asked biting her lip.

"Alohomora," Ford grunted, stressing the correct syllable, as he pushed the stone back into place. "You've got to get the pronunciation correct." Throwing in all his weight and crouching lower, Ford managed to push the door closed, but it took longer than it had to open and Ford was fairly winded afterwards.

Andromeda turned quickly and stared at the door, raising her wand she said the spell as Ford had but still no luck.
"Ford maybe if we do it together. I know it sounds lame but our combined magic might be strong enough. They obviously needed these doors firmly shut for a reason" she looked back at him, smiling to see he had managed to shut the passageway entrance.

Ford nodded, "It might work," he really had no idea, but it was worth a shot. In some forgotten recess of his memory, the words, With our powers combined... flitted through his mind, but he bent his will towards his spell so it was quickly for gotten. "On the count of three, cast it."

"One...two...three," Ford counted, "Alohomora!"

There was a quiet snap, and the door flew open in front of them. "Good," Ford said, but did not put his wand away, he wanted to be back in a known and safe place first. "Shall we get out of here?"

"Ehm Yeah!" Andromeda smiled with relief and held onto her wand as he did. Knowing it probably was the best option right then. She walked into the passageway with the strange blue lights again and waited for him.
"Guess we better lock the door again as well" she smiled remembering then that it was also the door at the end of this passageway that wouldn't open for Ford earlier.

Ford turned his wand towards the door, putting all his concentration towards opening it, "Alohomora!" It felt as though some force was trying to prevent him from opening the door; something on the verge of his senses, just beyond what he could see, but the door opened nonetheless.

"I'll lock it behind us," he said and walked through it.

Andromeda watched as he seemed to struggle to open it but the lock clicked nonetheless and she smiled with relief. She all but ran back into the dungeon corridor grateful for familiar surroundings. She waited then for Ford to lock up the door, wondering if he would attempt to enter the room again by himself or with someone else. The thought scared her somewhat.

"That's that then!" she said pocketing her wand at last, "You... you won't be going in there again will you?"

"Not for a while," Ford said and pointed his wand at the door, "Colloportus," and the door swung shut and locked in a manner which Ford could only describe as 'eager'.

"That is that," Ford said and turned to the ways that led upstairs, "I believe that I am going to go back to my Common Room, then."

"Wait just like that!" she nearly bellowed, "You can't ever go back in there at least not on your own and certainly not without me!"

Bugger, she thought how was she going to explain that statement then! She just knew she couldn't let anyone get to that room again, maybe she should tell Professor King about it or the headmistress they would understand her fears considering they knew what she was. They would also be able to check the room and passageways out properly.

Ford blinked at the vehemence of Andromeda's outburst, "Alright, I'll do that," seemed to be the only response he could concoct. "For now, though, we should probably get out of this area."

Andromeda nodded her head then silently. She wanted to say thank you for helping to get her out of there but thought that it was because of him in the first place that she had been in there. Then again he hadn't put his wand to her head and threatened her to go in. But goodness knows what might have happened if she hadn't made him leave when she did. So she quickly surmised that they were even, though the Slytherin prefect infront of her probably wouldn't see it that way. She couldn't believe he wasn't reprimanding her now for her outburst. She muttered one word before turning around and heading back up the dungeon steps to the entrance hall.

"Thanks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back