Bored

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford walked down into the depths of the dungeons lazily from the Slytherin Common Room. He had been trying to take his traditional late evening nap, but he had as yet failed. Trying to get his mind off of Sophia, he decided to take a walk into the dungeons; a place befitting his mood.

Twirling his lumos'd wand over and through his fingers dextrously, he quietly made his way through a long and darkened corridor. Suddenly, a strange shadow formation caught Ford's attention from the corner of his eye. He went over to the wall where it had appeared to investigate. In the wall, there was a thin crevice, about 3 centimeters wide, which extended back about a meter into what seemed to be a well-lit room. Perhaps there was a 'secret' passage or some form of guard room from the castle's younger days.

"The hell?" Ford said, "Nox," he flicked out his wand to get a better view and he pushed his face against the wall peering through the crevice.

Andromeda had grown accostumed to wandering now about the castle, she knew just about every picture on just about every wall. She could tell you the amount of knights in armour that were on each floor and to what family and house they represented. She loved the towers and she adored the greenhouses but for some strange reason perhaps because she loved potions and her classes were here, Andromeda actually like going down to the dungeon.

Once upon a time she didn't it was true but lately she figured she was the thing that went bump in the night and now didn't fear too much else. She turned a corner in time to see a boy put out his wand and stick his face up against a wall. She had never seen this boy before but he definitly looked like one of the older ones.
"Is the wall that nice then?" she asked not meaning to be smart but he did look awfully funny.

Ford almost jumped at the sound of a girl's voice, but quickly controlled his reaction to a surprised twitch of the head. He turned from the wall and saw a young red-headed girl that he had seen in the Great Hall sitting at the Gryffindor table at dinner, but he had never encountered her otherwise. He eyed her blankly, his expression rather aloof, "What's it to you?" He asked in a dry voice, devoid of emotion.

"Defensive much!" Andromeda retorted, she figured he must be a Slytherin with such a chip on his shoulder for no reason what so ever. "It's nothing to me, just thought it must be a nice piece of wall to say you're getting personal with it!"

She knew her sense of humour could be a bit off at times but she had been in a decidedly giddy mood most of the day and for some reason this boy was getting a blast of it. Andromeda knew she should be careful, he did have his wand and he being older would be alot quicker on the draw.

Ford cocked his head and glared at the girl for a moment before speaking. He was rather curious about his discovery but on the other hand, he also wanted to rip into this girl for bothering him. "Oh yes, it's very nice. I'm going to make it my wife and have many little wall babies," Ford snorted sardonically, "See for yourself," he continued without thinking, and pointed toward the crevice he had found boredly.

Andromeda thought the boy was a complete nut now, she leaned against the wall as he began saying he wanted to have babies and make it his wife. Strange and disturbed she thought and wondered why he was let loose around the school but remembering what she was made her refrain from questioning it any closer.

"You want me to stick my face up to the wall?" she asked him, moving forward where she could then see a slight crevice with what seemed to be some light coming through. She laughed then realising it had been trying to peer inside this small hole.

"You're taller than I am, not by much but still taller. I can't reach up there to see!"

"It's another room," Ford explained lazily, "Well lit and nicely furnished." He crossed his arms over his chest, not really in the mood to help the girl see anything. "I was trying to get a better look."

"I could tell!" she smiled not taking a tack of notice of his rudeness, "well if there's a room doesn't it stand to reason that there would be a door?"

She shrugged her shoulders and looked at him, dying to know what it actually looked like but not wanting to give him the satisfaction either of watching her make a fool of herself by jumping up. Andromeda looked about her but saw nothing that she could stand on until she looked back at the boy infront of her.

"If you bent down I could stand on your back you know... to see in" she made it sound like she was doing him the favour, "I'm really light, you won't feel a thing!"

Ford gave an incredulous snort, "I don't think so, kid." He gave a ponderous sigh and leaned back against the stone wall, his piqued curiosity was overriding his desire to harass the girl into leaving him alone. He tried to get a mental map of where he was in relation to other dungeon landmarks or places that would be above him on the ground floor, but was rather unsuccessful. "Did you see any other doors around here?" He inquired rather dryly of the girl.

'Typical' she thought, 'probably doesn't want to get his pants dirty'.
Andromeda not knowing whether he was being rudely sarcastic or just asking a normal question stated what she figured to be the obvious.
"Well there are two doors around that corridor" she pointed to the dark hall leading away from them then turned in the direction she had come from and pointing around the corner said,
"And there is one just around there but it's never opened. I've tried" she blushed thinking that she must just have sounded like some extremely nosey git searching rooms for lord only knows what.

"Any way you're a Slytherin aren't you?" she asked him.

"Yes," Ford nodded blithely, "Prefect," he added before he strode on to the third door that the girl had referenced, "And you are?" He asked as he reached the door: it looked rather plain and ordinary, and was solidly in place.

Andromeda wasnt' sure why she followed him but she did. Of course when he said he was a prefect she wanted to walk the other way but something compelled her to stay put.
"I'm just saying if you are a Slytherin you should know the dungeon pretty well and if you're a prefect then you've been here a while, so how come you don't know where the door to that room is then?"
She felt she had evaded his question enough, he'd probably ask again and let him. For now she was just another wandering first year.

"The dungeons are quite large," Ford stated simply and grabbed his wand from his pocket. Pointing it at the door, "Alohomora," he incanted. There was a slight metallic click and Ford pocketed the wand. The door opened easily and Ford peered inside, it was an old abandoned classroom. Definitely not what Ford had seen. Can't hurt checking it out.

Andromeda watched as the boy took his wand out and unlocked the door with it.
"Cool!" she said out loud, she had never seen that spell done before and was highly impressed even if he was a prefect and a Slytherin with attitude. She stood momentarily where she was not sure whether she should just continue on her own way but curiousty about the room and what he had seen got too much for her.
"Well what's in there then?" she asked, expecting him any minute to tell her to get lost.

Ford strode into the enpty room as an answer to the girl's question. "Lumos," he said nonchalantly, having pulled his wand out again. The room lit up in the stale light, revealing a medium-sized room with stone walls. There were no windows but a chandalier that had at one time been floating, most likely, above the floor, was now crashed down on top of a desk. There was a line of old cupboards against the far wall, Ford walked up to them and opened one. Inside was a glass jar with a brown liquid and it was stopped with a large cork.

Picking it up he turned to the girl, "What's your name then?" He asked and opened the jar, taking a sniff.

Andromeda walked in after him and taking her wand out lit it with the lumos charm as well. It lit up just another portion of the room which quite frankly reeked she thought. She watched as he went to one of the cupboards and picked up a jar, opening it and sniffing it.
"It would be all the one if that was some smelling poison" she told him shaking her head and walking over to inspect the smashed chandalier. Fascinated now with why this classroom was locked up she bent down and picked up a shard of the broken glass.
"Andromeda, who are you prefect?" she smiled standing and looking up at him with light shining on him at last. She noticed then his features for the first time, tall and pale skinned, green eyes and the darkest black hair. He looked like most boys back home which made her even more curious especially as his accent was slightly off.
"Where are you from?" the question was out before she had thought to even ask it.

"Ford Harkonnen. Dublin." Ford said and gave a surprised look down at the liquid. It can't be. He took another sniff. Root beer? He looked up at the girl, Andromeda, and a devilish thought entered into his head. Before she could react, he quickly put the container up to his lips and took a large swig of it.

Andromeda listened as he told her his name and then where he was from. She stood instantly and groaned. He was a Slytherin and from Dublin. She was from Cork a southern county of Ireland that had centuries of rivalry with Dubliners that and the rivalry of their houses. Oh, this should make for an interesting time altogether she thought. Then she saw him lift the bottle to his mouth and drink the stuff.
"You're mad!" she told him but then couldn't help but get a dig in, "should have know a Dub would do something as daft as that, what was it alcohol?"

Ford fought hard to keep a maniacal grin from forming on his face, and wondered if he should keep going. What the hell.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "See, noth-," he gave a burp, crossed his eyes, then fell on the ground.

Andromeda watched as he insolently grinned at her then collapsed on the ground.
She stared at him lying there. For a moment she just stood there then gathering herself together swore loudly before going over to him.
Her amber eyes were like flames now dancing in her pale face, she was angry but she was also concerned. Androemda looked down at the boy not knowing what she was supposed to do. She knelt down beside him and poked him with her finger to see if he would move.
Then she thought to check his breathing the only way she knew how, Andromeda lowered her head over her face, she pulled her long auburn hair out of her way and leaned her cheek towards his nose and mouth to see if she could feel any air at all from him.

Ford felt the laughter coming on, Best get it over with now. He opened his eyes, "Bah!" He shouted in the girl's ear before rolling over with laughter.

Andromeda thought she had first gone deaf before the initial fright hit first and she gave a startled scream. She fell back on to her haunches watching him laugh, she got one of her legs and aimed it for him. It wasn't much of a kick just enough to let him know she was not amused. The fact was though that when she got over her initial shock the laughter bubbled in herself as well and eventually she let it out.
"Thanks alot!" she said to him, "fool! I thought you had drunk poison you know! next time I'll leave you there".

Ford stumbled up onto his feet, wiping tears out of his eyes from his intense laughter. "It's-it's root beer," he said between laughs. "Try it, go ahead." He pointed to the container, which was miraculously unbroken and standing upright a few feet from where he had fallen.

"No way I hate root beer!" she said grinning now and standing up herself brushing her clothes down. "For a prefect you're twisted!"
She smiled as she said this and walked back to the chandalier again, the crystals were beautiful.
"What do you think happened here? to say they closed it up I mean" she turned and looked at him, "I mean this is a relatively new school it was a castle before that so ... what do you think happened?"

Ford recalled his last big adventure into the dungeons, "The Druids lived here for a bit before the natives killed them," Ford said in a bored manner and began searching through the other cupboards. "There are some ghosts here who are from that time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back