OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper had felt a little stagnant lately. He had always imagined his time at Hogwarts would be filled with adventures and pranks, but over the past two years his school life had mostly been about studying, which was definitely boring. But after setting off fireworks with Lily, Jasper had a new taste for adventure again. He wanted to do something that had other people talking, something that made an impact. And something that was funny. And what was funnier than toilets, really? The old antiquatd lavatory on the fifth floor was a prime target, as it was probably the grossest place at Hogwarts. It would certainly cause a splash, so to speak. Jasper had decided not to go for fireworks this time, but was instead smuggling a bag of dungbombs with him as he headed towards the lavatory. He had it all figured out. He'd throw dung bombs into the old out-of-use toilets, and prop open the doors so everyone could enjoy the result. He doubted there was any water left in them to create anything truly memorable, but the dungboms themselves would at least cause some mess and a smell to come from the toilets no one used anymore. It would be funny, he hoped. And he hoped he would get away soon enough. Jasper tried to look innocent as he headed towards the old lavatory, opening the door and slipping inside with his bag.

There were a few spots in the school that Maris watched like a hawk. The kitchens, the student lounge, an particularly during classes, the abandoned bathroom on the fifth floor. She didn't care if students were slipping in there to skip class, what she did care about is the mess they tended to leave behind. Just because it wasn't in use, didn't mean Maris was going to let it slip any further into disrepair if she could manage it. When she spotted the older Slytherin slinking into the room she had no doubt he had to be up to no good. Older students were always the worst. Younger ones could be careless, but they rarely knew enough to cause any real damage or mess. Older students though. They knew just enough to cause problems.

Wasting no time, Maris stalked into lavatory after the boy, her ponytail swinging as she quickly searched the room to see where he'd gone. "This bathroom is out of order," She announced, crossing her arms, hoping she'd been quick enough to head off anything she was going to need to clean up later.

Jasper opened his bag, taking out a dung bomb, tapping it with his wand before throwing it into one of the old toilets. He was just waiting for it to explode, when the scary new caretaker lady followed him in. Jasper cursed under his breath, but then put on his most charming and innocent smile, praying the dung bomb hadn't been set off properly... "Oh, is it? I had no idea." He told her, still looking innocent even as the dung bomb went off, blowing off the toilet lid behind him with a spectacular explosion of dung and a terrible smell.

Last edited:
Maris gave the boy a dubious scowl as he emerged from one of the stalls, proclaiming innocence. She didn't trust that about as far as she could throw it, and while she loved the mental image of tossing this student out on his ear, the reality was about as short as her patience. "Right and-" Maris started, cut off by the sound of one of the poor old toilets exploding. Maris instinctually ducked, raising her wand to fend off any flying porcline or, Merlin forbid, decade old toilet water that might have gone flying. The smell hit next and Maris scrunched up her nose, heavily considering making her day dream of throwing the student out of here a reality. "You have 30 seconds to explain yourself, and if any more toilets explode in here so help me you'll be in the headmistress's office so fast your head'll spin."

Jasper jumped in alarm at the explosion, which was an involuntary reaction. But maybe it would make him seem more innocent? One look at the caretaker killed that hope, but Jasper was still going to try. "I don't know what happened." He said quickly. "I didn't do anything. I think the toilets are haunted or something?" He said, trying his best to look bewildered. But it was then that he realized the dung bombs had left his hands dirty, and he quickly hid them behind his back. Though he had a sinking feeling the caretaker was the kind of lady who noticed such things.

Maris had already taken out her pocket watch when the Slytherin started speaking, fully intent on following through with her threat with great precision. "20 more seconds to come up with a better excuse than that," She said tersely. Haunted. Really. Did these students think she was born yesterday. It did set an uneasy reminder that Vex could be lurking around the halls again any day now, but Maris was confident today's transgression came from a much more mundane, teenage source. "Maybe the ghosts would appreciate you helping them clean up their mess," She offered instead, tapping the pocket watch as a gentle reminder of how quickly her patience was running out.

Jasper bit back a quip about those 10 seconds feeling like they lasted much longer, as he got the feeling the caretaker didn't have a very big sense of humor. Especially not after Jasper blew up a toilet in front of her. He shrugged helplessly. "I don't know anything." He tried again, throwing up his hands in defense, forgetting all about the residue on his hands that would give him away. "I don't think the ghosts would really care who cleaned it up." He then quipped. "But maybe we can ask them?"

"That much is obvious," Maris said dryly as the Slytherin continued to insist he was blameless. Her patience run out, she snapped her pocket watch closed, prepared to frog match the kid down to the principal's office when he raised his hands and she spied the disgusting residue left all over them. Maris made an outraged noised when she spotted it, flicking her wand at it and stalking forward. "Caught red handed," She hissed. Objectively, she'd known he was lying through his teeth, but it was one thing to have a reasonable suspicion someone was lying, and another to confirm it so blatantly. "Right, come with me. I'm sure your Head of House and the head mistress will be very interested to hear everything about how little you know about anything, and then we can both come right back here so I can supervise you cleaning this all up. Don't bother washing your hands, since I'll be making sure you'll be doing it by hand anyway."

Jasper sighed when he realized he'd been caught. It wasn't a big surprise, he hadn't actually thought he would get out of this, but it was still a bit disappointed. "Brown handed, technically." Jasper said with a shrug. Jasper was at least glad she hadn't looked into his bag, where a few more dungbombs had been waiting to blow up the other toilets. Well, he hadn't actually expected it to blow up, but it had been rather impressive and hilarious. He nodded when the caretaker said she would tell his head of house and the headmistress, then groaned when she said he had to clean this up by hand. But he knew better then to argue, that usually made the punishment worse.

Maris could only manage an infuriated click of her tongue when the Slytherin seemed intent on just digging this hole deeper. She waved impatiently, ushering the boy out of the room so they could make the long trek down to the dungeons. And so help him if anything else exploded along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back