Blahness

"Ah. I see. Well I find that quite fun because everything is always a mystery. Or you're always trying to find out what the next picture is." Derrik leaned back on the grass. The clouds slowly passed by. The thought of all this right now just wanted to make him fly. Grow those wings and fly away for a while.

"So, you think on instinct or just do what comes to mind?"

"Usually what comes to mind, that way it is more fun." He raised his hand and pointed to a cloud cluster. "See that one there...I looks like an elephant riding a broom stick" He gave a small laugh at the end of his sentence. He loved finding random things in the clouds, it got him relaxed.

((Be right back.....have to have food))

Derrik couldn't help but laugh.
"Are you sure? I'm seeing what looks like clown riding a donkey." Then there was an odd silence. Finally Derrik burst into laughter. He'd seem to forgotten about what had happened between him and Arisa considering it was the other day.

"So how has the school year been for you?" Derrik was talking to Tala as his he had known him all this year when they had just met. Derrik thought that the both of them just have things in common and that's why they got along so well and quickly.

Tala gave him a weird look. A clown riding a.... His thoughts stopped when he too cracked up laughing. It was even weirder than what he had seen. This was great for him, he hadn't thought about Tasanee once since Derrik had sat with him.

"The school year? It was a roller coaster at the beginning....but now it's like a smooth cruise on the ocean."
meaning really that it was up and down but has gotten better.

"Ah. Well I hope things stay constantly good. My year has somewhat been that way as well. At the beginning of the year, it was a hassle getting ready and all. But then when I got here, it was like a home away from home. I feel like I'm somewhere I should be. Back at me muggle home, sometimes I'd have these weird things happen that I couldn't explain. But when I got the acceptance letter I finally understood what was going on."

Derrik was still laid back on the grass, comfortable as ever. He was thinking about all the stuff that had been going on. "Ya know, I think all this was for the better. I'm starting to shape myself even though its my first year." he thought.

"Haha...it was similar with me at home...We couldn't explain all the weird stuff I could do. I do like it here too...the castle is very welcoming to us isn't it?" He said randomly writing in the air with his finger. "I wonder what next year will bring"

"Yeah. This castle is about the best." Derrik had remembered that he had class with Tala.
"Hey, I just remembered that we had charms together. What have I missed? I had been away for a while and missed a few classes."

Derrik was concerned now. If he had missed some classes, he would defiantly have to get himself into working gear to pass.

"Uhhhh...yeah...charms" He said with a small chuckle. "Not much aye....." he coughed slightly. "Ok ok...So I haven't gone to charms in a while...." He admitted.

Derrik put his hand on Tala's shoulder.

"Ah...thanks a lot buddy." Derrik laughed a bit.

"I guess that means we'll have to catch up really fast." Derrik got up and moved closer to the water's edge.

Tala laughed "We will won't we" He watched Derrik move "Don't get too close" he said sitting up watching Derrik with a twinkle in his eye. "Or you might just fall in" He ran a hand through his hair at the end of his statement.

"Don't worry Tala. I've had my fill of this lake once or twice." Derrik smiled at him. He noticed that Tala ruffled his hair.

"Hm...you must have the same problem as me. Whenever I get nervous or don't know what to say or do, I ruffle my hair almost the same way."

Tala looked up at Derriks face "Yeah...I get like that a lot. It is still hard sometimes to find the right things to say in English too" He stood up and walked so he was standing next to Derrik. "Man I'm shorter than you too" He said with a slight pout.

"Yeah. I know what you mean. Even me, one who has known the english language since I could speak it can't think of things to say."

Derrik watched as Tala walked up to him.

"Don't worry. Just because you're short doesn't mean you won't grow."
Derrik giggled a bit.
"I mean look at me. For all I know I'll grow a foot or two more and then I'm done."

"Yeah...I suppose...I mean My brother and Dad are tall....but my Mum is short like me...I hope I don't stay as short as her"He gave Derrik a sheepish grin. He liked it out by the lake, it was a nice place to go to think.

Derrik could tell that something wasn't right. There was a bit of a constant break in Tala's words.

"Hey...there wouldn't be anything wrong with you would there?" Derrik took a breath for the next sentence.

"I can tell because every so often you pause in your sentences as if you're trying to process things."

Derrik folded his arms over his chest and waited.

Tala bit his bottom lip and looked away from Derrik. "It's nothing really." He said "Don't worry about it Ok" How is it that someone who he just met could hear his pauses and work out that there was a problem. He hated that he had a problem to begin with.

Tala had turned around and couldn't look at Derrik.

"Alright. I know we just met but...if you need someone to talk to....I'm always around."

Derrik tried to think of something else to do. Then he noticed that there were a few stones out in the water that were tall enough to sit on and not get wet. Derrik looked for a way to get to them. Quickly he jumped from stepping stone to another and made it to one of the rocks. He wasn't that far from Tala but he figured that if they were both "out in the lake" they could get a better vibe and feel better.

"Hey...its a lot better out here."

Tala threw him a 'you've got to be kidding me look' when he saw where Derrik was and how to get there. "Ya know I prefer frozen lakes" he took a deep breath and followed him as quickly as he could. It's nice to have someone to talk to though He thought as he reached the rock to sit on. Tala looked around "You were right, It's more peaceful out here"

Derrik laughed a bit.
"Oh come on. Its good to be adventurous. But like I said, you get a way better feel out here." Derrik took his hand and played around with the water making ripples.

"That is true...."Tala said cupping his hands and dipping them in the water. "I would have preferred snowy fields or large meadow with tall grass we could get lost in..." He pulled his hands out of the water and threw what water was in his hands in the air, watching the water sparkle in the sun.

"Actually the meadow with grass sounds like a nice idea."

Derrik thought of the idea. It was about the coolest idea he's heard in a while. He watched as the water sparkled. Derrik dipped his hand in water and flicked just a bit at Tala just to see his reaction. Of course Derrik was just playing around. He wouldn't want to get Tala mad for no reason.

"That's cause I'm fill of great ideas" Tala said with a smile. He felt something cold on him and knew what Derrik had done. Now I can play this three ways...the cheeky way. the sad way or the angry way... He thought to himself. I know... With a smirk he reached his hand in the water, drew up some and threw it at Derrik, getting him wet.

"Aw dude these are me school cloths!" Derrik laughed. He took a little less then a handful and tossed it at Tala. Derrik was happy now. He'd as almost completely forgotten about what happened a day ago and was perfectly fine. He was starting to take a liking to Tala. Derrik felt that Tala would be one of those friends that would be around no matter what.

"serves you right for getting me first" He said with a laugh, only to have water hit him in the face as a reply. He was having fun, for the first time in a long while he was having fun. "You know Derrik, I think this is the start of a great friendship." he said just before throwing more water at him.

"I think so too." Derrik smiled. Once more he was hit with more water. Since the water level was only up to the ankles Derrik took off his shoes/socks and rolled up his pants. Stepping in the cold water gave Derrik a walk up call but he quickly got used to it. Derrik took a handful of water and threw it into the air. There the water glistened like a bright disco ball. And of course took a little handful and tossed it at Tala.

- XD fun fun a water fight -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back