Birthdays happen ... whether you want them too or not.

Zazuka watched as the two others came to the table. "Hello Cyndi, It's been a while since we have talked hasn't it." She said serenly. She wasn't going to mention today was her birthday as well. It was good for Andy to have a day for her and only her. She looked at the stuffed toy and her smile widened. She liked it and knew that Andy would love it. A boy came, quite handsome and before Andy introudced him, Zazuka guessed who he was. "The pleasure is all mine Carlisle." She said and matched his bow with a lady like curtsy.

Marlina was the next to come. The girl was a pleasent Ravenclaw but a bit blunt to tell her she was at the wrong table. "As Andy stated I am her best friend and almost sister. You do need not be blood to share that kind of bond as I have come to find out at this school." She said quite logicly but ended with the sunnyest smile she could possably hold. "Of course I know you from Raveclaw House as it is my job to know. I am Prefect after all." She said kindly. She knew that the child was only being blunt and since she didn't know her history Zazuka made it a point to be forgiving. "There are things that are best kept to one's self dear." Was all she stated when Marlina said that Andy's true sister, Callista, had died.

Andy was taken aback, she had not expected this kind of thing from Merlina at all. She hadn't even known that Merlina knew about Callista. As if her day hadn't started out miserable enough, was this just an omen to let her know it was going to be another long day. She smiled at Zazuka, there was no way she could answer Merlina right away. How many of her birthdays growing up had been marred by the death of her twin. Her parents had been so busy mourning Callista that they had nearly forgotten to celebrate the life of their other daughter.
"Thanks Zuka" she looked down at the carving and put it against her skin straight away. She would need protecting now more than ever, even from her family it would seem.

Cyndi took a bite of eggs and nearly choked on them as Andy's cousin, Marlina, brought up a most unbirthday-like subject. For the second time that morning, Cyndi shook her head and listened as Zazuka answered for herself.

When she was done though, Cyndi piped up, "Surely there are other things Andy would rather discuss today, Marlina." She tried to say it as gently as possible but knew that she probably came across a little angrier than she wanted to. She had grown closer to Andy over the summer than she had ever been and she felt like a lioness who needed to protect her cub from any harm.

Merlina looked at the two older girls before looking back at her cousin. She had obviously said something wrong or inapprobriate.
She listened when they spoke and knew she had only spoken the truth, so did not know why all of a sudden they all seemed to be down on her. When one said that there were other things to discuss, Merlina thought about that and knew the girl was probably right but she wasn't here to discuss anything. She had come down for breakfast and got side tracked by her cousin and her birthday, on the way she had told nothing but the truth. She could see nothing wrong in her behaviour.

Standing she smiled at them all before turning to Andromeda.
"I will go to the Ravenclaw table. I only wanted the food this morning any way. No, no do not get up or be upset. I am not leaving you angry because your friends spoke rudely to me. I am simply leaving for my breakfast.

"Compleanno felice, Happy Birthday" she said to her cousin before getting up from the table and leaving it for the sanctuary of the Ravenclaw one.

Alex walked into the Great hall having been woken up by some little first year being homesick. He felt sorry for the boy but seriously, he didn't have to wake the whole dorm up with it though. Yawning, he noticed a small gathering of people round the gryffindor table and decided to go see.

And guess who the main person was. Ants. Alex smiled before seeing a dog there. 'I didn't know dogs could be your pet here'he said to the group obviously joking a bit.

Andromeda sighed, she hadn't meant for Merlina to leave but she seemed to be upsetting everyone with her manner and her outspokeness so Andy simply said thank you to her in Italian and told her she would see her later. Watching the girl leave Andy couldn't help but feel rotten until another voice said he didn't know dogs were allowed.

Turning Andromeda smiled at Alex.
"Hey you, actually he's only the best transfigured cuddly dog in the world. Zuka here animated him for me" she told him, turning to the others before saying, "I don't know if you've all met or not but this is Alex Cullen. Alex this is... Cyndi, Zazuka and Carlisle".

Alex laughed, not beleiving it for a minute. 'Seriously? You can just come and do my homework for me sometime then'he joked looking at Zuka. He smiled at everyone before bringing something out his sleeve.

'As you can see my homework doesn't go so well most of the time.' he commented as he opened his hand in front of Ants. 'Enjoy' he joked as the spider ran off his hand. 'Well, it was sort of unanimated'he added, pulling a worried face.

Zazuka tilted her head. She didn't know that the girl would get upset over a simple correction. "I thought a Ravenclaw accsepted crytisisem and moved on to correct the behavor." She said dreamly. Then shrugged. She would have to apollogise for the offence later. Another person came to the table and she smiled when Andy explained that it was the most wonderfly trafigured dog in the world. She blushed a bit too. "I wouldn't the best but I am rather proud of it." She said humbly.

Zazuka laughed into her fingers when Alex introduced himself and asked her to do his homework. She would refuse of course but it seemed to be a joke. She looked at the spider with intrest now. "Oooooh. That's rather amusing isn't it." She said laughing at the what seemed to be a smiling face made out of the spider's spots.

Andy smiled at Zuka.
"She's not upset with you or anyone else at all, she's just very blunt in what she says. It's how she is, she'll learn the hard way soon enough here that she can't go around saying whatever pops into her head. She'll be alright." as Alex joked about Zuka doing his homework for him she shook her head and realised it was easy enough to joke after all today. She began instantly grateful for her friends. The spider that came out of the box was so funny looking that Andy had to laugh.
"So is this Bob or Fred?" she asked returning to a conversation they had shared the year before.

Alex laughed as Ants asked if it was Bob or Fred. 'Fred's Bob cobweb. I don't quite think that's a cobweb Ants'he replied smiling.
'No, it's Mr.Happy. How could you not of known that?'Alex improvised. He hadn't actually thought of a name but it seemed appropriate for the mad spider that was still running in circles. He smiled.
'So anyway, how is everybody?'he asked.

(( so this is the cullen boy :oy: :p ooh... and sorry for lame post peoples -_- ))

Carlisle smiled as the two girls introduced themselves and said how they had heard so much about him. "I hope not too much", The faintest odd, almost haunting smile touched his lips for a moment before it turned back into the welcoming fluid and easy going one.
He spun around to smile at the new boy, "Bonjour.." Even people who couldn't speak French knew what that meant... At least... That's what Carlisle thought anyhow. "I think we might have to open up a zoo with the amount of animals your getting.." He chuckled slightly.

Bruin made his way down for breakfast, yawning widely as he sauntered into the Great Hall intent upon two things...first, getting himself a large plate of eggs, bacon, and hash browns and second, acquiring an equally large cup of coffee, the latter of which he had only recently developed a taste for. He failed to notice that there were more than the usual number of people at the Gryffindor table until he had sat down and gazed along the table with a large mouthful of scrambled eggs in his mouth. It appeared that Andy was surrounded by a number of friends and her boyfriend and that there were a number of interesting packages spread before her. "Aw crap..." He mumbled to himself, realizing that in the chaos that had been the first few days of term he had forgotten that today was her birthday.

Fortunately, Bruin had picked up something for Andy over the summer. Afterall, her family had made a pretty big deal about his 17th birthday and such things should be reciprocated. He turned back to his meal, deciding that he would simply play it like he had forgotten and surprise her later in the day when there were less people around. Besides, she looked like she was enjoying herself and that was something that she probably hadn't been able to do in days.

Cyndi watched as Merlina walked away. She looked at Andy and Zuka to see if she had been wrong for saying what she had. Before she could say something, though, Alex Cullen came to the table. Andy introduced him to everyone, but Cyndi already knew him from the years before. "Hi Alex" Cyndi said with a smile, "good to see you around."

When Carlisle mentioned the zoo again, Cyndi jumped in "I know. I think we'll have to use that extra bed in our dorm just for all of your new animals." She was glad that Andy seemed to be having a nice morning.

[sorry guys for not being on =-/ ]

Andromeda smiled reassuringly at Cyndi as she shook her head gently.
"She'll be alright. She is still learning the social ropes, not too good around people her own age but with grown ups she's a killer. Just too blunt for her own good, she'll probably get into trouble a gazillion times before she learns not to be. Thanks though" Andy's attention was caught by a movement further down the table. As she gazed down it was to see Bruin sitting down eating his breakfast, turning away to smile back at the others Andy found that this had upset her.

Why had he chosen not to come and join them? She petted Grim affectionately, casting the odd look down the table as the others talked around her. She realised that Carlisle had spoken to Alex in French and turning briefly to him told him that it was actually Alex who was teaching her some French so that she could talk to him in his native language.

Cecily read the owl while sipping some pumpkin juice. "Oh dear," she murmured, folding it up and slipping it into her pocket. Her green eyes rose and quickly found the deep red hair of Andromeda Fiorelli at the Gryffindor table. She swallowed reflexively and stood up, trying her best to be unobtrusive.

On her way to the table her steps slowed and for reasons known only to her maker, her thoughts transported back to the night this young woman's life had changed forever. Super imposed over her was the image of her young self, lying bloody and broken wearing the bright pink fairy costume with its broken wings. Cecily's lip trembled until she firmed her jaw and continued on her way.

As she laid a gentle hand on the girls shoulder and whispered in her ear so the others wouldn't hear, one thought passed through her mind louder than the others; What more would this young woman be forced to bear? "Miss Fiorelli, you're needed in my office please in five minutes."

She straightened and soberly walked out of the Great Hall and took the lonely journey up the winding stair cases to her office.

Andromeda listened as the banter went on about her, she was just about to inform everyone that it was also Zuka's birthday when she felt a hand on her shoulder. The deputy headmistress, Andy's once favourite professor until she had left the position for a greater one and also her mentor and saviour whispered in her ear to go to her office in five minutes. Turning to look at her she didn't even have a chance to say anything as she had left. Placing all her things back on the table she looked at Cyndi.
"Can you take these back to our dorm when you're heading up? Thanks Cyndi" turning to Zuka realisation suddenly dawned and Andy was up on her feet in a matter of seconds. Climbing over the bench she picked back up the carving and placed it on her arm this time where it melded with her skin.
"I think I'm going to need this" she muttered as she took a step away from them, "I'll see you guys later".

As she walked away she passed Bruin but couldn't even look at him, her head was filled with the harsh reality that the headmistress had word from her family and she was going to be told soon enough. Her hand covered the tattoo of the wolf and triquandria on her arm, she began to steel her self for the news that she had known would come. Why it had to come on her birthday just seemed like poetic justice. She left the great hall and made her way up to Deputy Headmistress Rambolts office.

Despite Bruin's best efforts to focus on his food as opposed to the festivities down the table, he could not help but notice when Headmistress Rambolt arrived and whispered something to Andy. Legend still hadn't returned, but Bruin suspected that this would be the news that they had been awaiting even before Andy rose to leave. She looked lost in thought and Bruin had to resist the urge to follow her. Bruin's gift for her would have to wait until some other time. He quickly finished up his meal and headed back to Gryffindor, hoping to be there if and when Andy returned.

When the headmistress stopped at their table and whispered something in her ear, Cyndi wondered what it was. She left quickly though before anyone could get any indication of what the message was. Cyndi nodded quickly as Andy asked her to take her gifts back to the dorm. "No problem" Cyndi said with a nod as Andy stood up and left the room. She was just finishing up some juice and was getting ready to head back up anyway.

"I guess I'll see you all around" Cyndi said as she stood and gathered up Andy's menagerie of animals. She left the room still wondering what the headmistress wanted with Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back