Birthdays happen ... whether you want them too or not.

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda had risen early and dressed herself in a pair of her tight fit jeans and pink grunge syle ti-shirt, pink and white tennis pumps and her hair tossed but unbrushed, the just-got-out-of-bed look was due for a come back anyhow. As quietly as she could she left her dorm and walked down to the common room and from there to the Great Hall. It was almost empty, a handful of students deciding like her to beat the rush. Of course the rush wasn't exactly what she had wanted to beat, Andy just didn't want to be around people who knew it was her birthday today. She didn't feel like celebrating it and thought that by coming down early she would be able to finish up and leave before anyone who knew her actually showed up.

Putting a few sausages and tomatoes and mushrooms on her plate, she rested her cheek against one hand while the other used a fork to push the food around her plate. Still there was no word, no news and she had by now managed to send another three owl messages herself to Essie and Patrick. The not knowing was the hardest. What if they had already gone to Ireland to see what was going on and had got caught up there. Andy had barely been able to focus on her studies or anything else over the last three days. This was torture pure and simple.

Try as she might Andy could never get away from one Zazuka Bones on this day. Under her right arm and her book bag on the left. Zazuka had not lost the habbet of taking it everywhere with her. "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you." She sang to herself as she walked into the Great Hall in her uniform but with her hair in a pair of looped braids with gold and red thread though them.

She walked the langth of Gryffendor table until she spotted her reclusive friend. She placed the package on the table in front of her and put on her most sunshiny dreamy smile. Zazuka could feel that Andy was not up to this so she was going to push it too much but not even Andy should be allowed to be upset on her own birthday. "Happy Birthday. 15 and counting." She said brightly. Inside the package there was the sound of scrathing. Zazuka had spent whatever free time she had between Brian, the Paramores and Ollivander's on this. It looked and acted like a puppy but it was really a modle. She was getting really good at animation spells and model making. The pup looked real enough to fool anyone.

((This is the puppy model))

Andromeda heard the words being sung and knew exactly who was singing them. Predictable to the extreme on this their birthday, Andy could only lower her head and hit it on the table infront of her and groan loudly.
"Z, what are you doing up this early?" she said raising her head from the table and turning to look at her. Normally Andy would have smiled but there was simply too much weighing on her mind. She had gotten something for Zuka while she had been in Canada but had left it up stairs in her dorm, not thinking that she would meet her at this hour.

Fifteen, it seemed like an eternity ago that the two had gone come through the large entrance hall doors at the tender age of 11. so much had happened to both of them since then and Andy had no doubt that life was not short of throwing them more obstacles good or bad.
"I think your box is alive"she said in a deadpan voice, "Happy Birthday to you too Z".

Zazuka tilted her head then looked around. "It's early?" She said her voice getting a bit dreamyer. Yes, yes it did seem like the Great Hall was emptyer than usual. "Oh dear, yes your right. Hum, don't really know what brought me down here at this time. I thought people where heading down as well. Maybe I knew that if I waited you wouldn't be down here for me to give this too." She said passing the box over to Andy.

She noticed the diry tone of Andy's voice and took a guess at what could be bothering her. "No word yet?" She asked hoping that Andy would open up to her a bit. It seeme like Andy could talk to her anymore. Zazuka know most of what she did from guesses and some help from a certan pendage that no one else could see but it still feed her more information than she would like to have.

Andromeda looked at the box that Zuka passed infront of her, a wierd scratching noise emitting from it. She looked at it for a moment not daring to touch it as she answered her. Sometimes the fact that her bestfriend was a budding seer had freaky repercussions.
"No news, nothing. Nada. The least they could do is let me know. You sure you haven't picked up on anything?" she asked on the off chance that Zuka may have. The box infront of her moved and Andy looked at it quizzically.
"What have you got in there?" she opened it very slowly and saw what looked like a real puppy inside the box. For the first time in days she gave a faint smile picking it up carefully from the box, it actually licked her face.
"Zuka is this one of your creations? It's brilliant. This is for me?" Andy was speechless, the work, time and effort that had gone into this must have been extraordinary.
"Thank you Z, I love it" she petted the animated almost life like puppy creation that snuggled up to her.

Zazuka put her fingers over her lips and laughed softly. "Well you wrote to me saying that you couldn't bring your dog to school so I though if that one would send the cat population up the wall and they may not be allowed at school why not have something that not really an animal at school instead. Happy you like it." She said though she was blushing faintly. She always liked to make people happy but she took compaments kind of badly not believeing that she was really all that great.

Zazuka shook her head. "I got depressed a few days ago but I don't know weather that's because of something that happened or because I'm turning into a moody teenager." She said as a light joke. "I got a real bad dream one night, I remember flames but other than that nothing that can really be called Seeing." She said. Her voice had trailed off for a moment in museing then come back with a snap. It as if something was stopping her from getting the while story. She watched the pup interact with Andy and smiled. She knew that another doll would have been a bad idea.

Andy scratched behind the dogs ears and was amazed at his reaction, it was the same as if she had done it to Darcy or Ray. She smiled at the creature and nuzzled her nose to his.
"I'll call you Grimaldo, powerful protector" she smiled once more at the dog, snuggling her face against it before placing him on to her lap and turning again to Zuka.
"I do love him thanks Z. I didn't think you'd be down yet so I left yours up stairs, I'll get it for you later today promise" when Zuka mentioned what she had felt and her dream Andy could not but shudder. If one of her family members died in a fire ... the thought was unbearable. But a fire where? If it were at the house then maybe it was more than one, maybe that was why the banshee had been so vigurous and loud that night.
"I hope it's because you're turning into a moody teenager" she tried to go for humour, it was Zuka's birthday as well and she didn't want to put a complete downer on it all.

Zazuka smiled and shook her head. "It's no problem really. I will get my gift eventually I know. Not that you need to get me anything." She said. Zazuka was one of the few people that meant that. She never though she deserved gifts though like everyone it made her happy to get them. "Grimaldo." She repeated. It was a good name but it was like calling a three headed dog she had read about Fluffy. The puppy model was too cute wiggling it's tail as if he would like nothing better than to right there with Andy.

Zazuka was imedetly sorry she had mentioned it as waves of panic rolled over her that she knew where not her own. "A moody Seer, who would imagen that." She said laughing into her hand. She really did think it was funny. How would her powers be affected if she didn't carefully control herself so as to know which emotions where hers and which where that of other people's? It was a question that needed some pondering but later. "Anything you want to do for today?" She asked with a small smile.

"I know I didn't need to get you anything and I hope you won't be disappointed with what I did get you. When I was in Canada we went on loads of different hikes and I came across so many species of bugs and plants that we don't have here. So I began bottling some of them, drying them out, powdering some, keeping others whole until I was able to put it all into really cute pouches and vials and then put them into a raffia basket so that they'd all look presentable for you. Should do well with your potion making and you should be able to use some of the pods for planting and creating your own hybrids" Andy let out a little squeak as Grimaldo began to nip at her finger.
"Darcy did that too when he was a pup" she thought about what she wanted to do for her birthday and realised there was only one thing she was going to do, stick around incase word arrived from Essie or her uncle.
"I think I'll just hang about either here or by the owlery"

Zazuka's eyes went wide when Andy said what Andy had gotten her. "That's... Oh my... That's so thoughtfully!" She exclaimed. Zazuka was already thinking of what she could do with all the powders and plants that Andy brought back. She would have to used everything sparingly thought or she would run out before she could make anything really usefull. She heard Andy squeak softly and shook her head. "Guess I over did it on the spells but I wanted to make him as life like as possible." She said the kindest smile on her face. She looked up at the enchanted cilling at the spring sky and sighed. "Alright we can stick around the owlry for a bit. It will be a real silent birthday. I can tend to the owls for a bit." She said. Zazuka when she had time was always going around the school seeing how she can make the lives of the House elves easier. They didn't like her much because of it but she was sure they would grow used to her eventually.

"I thought you might like it, well after all the jewellery we both got last year I didn't think you'd need anymore" she held Grimaldo in one hand as she held up a silver chain with a pendant on the end. The pendant was amber with the inscription 'fearless' on it.
"Kat gave me this yesterday, sweet huh?" she smiled holding it up, convinced that if she wore it she would indeed be as fearless as Kat considered her to be.

"Oh, don't worry about Grim he's fabulous. I love him" she kissed the little Chavalier on his head and wondered would he fit in her bag when she went to classes.

"Zuka I was talking with Andrew during the week..." she turned and touched her friends hand, "he said you told him about me being a werewolf. Don't worry I'm not going to kill you, I know at the time you trusted him explicitedly and well, you probably needed someone outside of our 'triangle' at the time to talk to about it all".

Zazuka looked at the pendent and smiled. "Yeah and I like interesting sort of somethings anyway. I tend to over use jewelry or not at all. Remember on the train first year I looked like a glittery bug in all those bangles." She laughing. She was happy that Andy loved Grim so much. She sort of knew that Andy would. No one could say no to that face.

Zazuka bit her lip. "Um yeah. I told him about that because he was wonder what I was doing in the library and I told him about what I was doing to try and find a cure for you. I know you say that being what you are is your life now but I really want to give you a bit of your old life back." She said looking down. "And anyway I know that he will keep your secret." She said with a smile. She breathed when Andy said that she wasn't mad at her. She would have had to follow Andy around like the very puppy she had given her apologizing over and over again if she had been. It had been hard for Zazuka to tell Andrew as much as she did. Zazuka closed her hand over Andy's all the same.

Andy smiled at her friend.
"Yeah he more or less said he would and I believe him" she bit her lip as she looked at Grim and then to Zuka. She was dying to ask her but also didn't want to. It was almost certain that he definitely hadn't asked about her or anything. But she couldn't help herself, it had been so long, too long since she had spoken to Brian. Part of her felt like she had a missing limb, she couldn't explain it and then part of her was still so angry with his treatment of her.

"How is he?" she knew Zuka would understand who she was talking about.

Zazuka closed her eyes and sighed. Andrew was a trust worthy guy. A bit on the troublesome side perhaps but trust worthy all the same. She knew that Andy and Brian had yet to speak. "He's great. He was a bit shaken when you know the whole thing in Paris happened but really he's fine. We are both great. He did say something about being worried about you when I said that the mad we had met had been your step-father." She said biting her lip. She really care for the man but she was still a little conserened with what happened to him. She had seen that woman kick him rather hard. "You think anyone else will be here to wish you a happy birthday." She said with a small smile. Andy was popular. Even if she was a werewolf, even if she did have a bit of a temper, Andy had the whole of Gryffedor house behind her. Zazuka had passing friends but mostly knew she was just the odd dreamy girl that can never keep her eyes way from the sky.

Andy didn't believe for a second that Brian had asked for her. Why would he? If he had been that worried then surely he would have come looking for her on the train or since school began but he hadn't. This would be her first birthday in four years that he wasn't around for.
"I hope you don't think you're spending the day with me? He'll want to spend time with you today too. So make sure you do yeah" she smiled at Zuka, it was nice to see her friend so happy and truth be told relaxed and strikingly beautiful since the holidays. Either France agreed with her or Brian did.

"I don't think anyone else will show up. I came down here early so they wouldn't" she smiled.

Zazuka tilted her head. "You always seem so down around this time of the year." She commented a little sadly. She shook her head and smiled her sunniest smile. "Brian will have me for most of the evening if things go right. I will not see you alone on your birthday." She said. It was true. Brian would most likely give her a present and they would spend most of the evening together either talking or kissing which ever stuck the mind at the moment. Zazuka blushed slightly at the thought so she put it out of her mind. "I am sure there are people that would like to share your birthday with you. I'm sure there is someone that would like to anyway." She said thinking of a particular Gryffendor that she had spotted just the other day.

Cyndi woke up and rolled over in her bed, looking at the bed across the way from her. It was empty, which meant that Andy was up already. After getting up and getting dressed in a pair of jeans and a plain blue t-shirt, Cyndi dug under her bed and retrieved a bag that was there. Inside of the bag, she had kept Andy's present, hoping that no one would come across it. She then left the common room and headed downstairs.

Cyndi decided to check the Great Hall, hoping that Andy would be in there enjoying breakfast. As she entered, she spotted Andy sitting at a table with her friend Zazuka. As she drew closer, Cyndi saw that she already had been given one present, which looked like a puppy. "Happy Birthday ANDY!" Cyndi sang as she reached the table and then she held out her gift. "Hi Zazuka" Cyndi added.
020-01-132.jpg

"Sorry. I didn't have time to wrap it" Cyndi explained as she placed it in Andy's hands, "It reminded me of one of the horses I brushed while I was staying with you." She took a seat at the table, hoping that she wasn't interrupting a private conversation.

Andromeda knew she was right but also knew that she had wanted to be down here early to get away from all the happy thoughts and wishes that usually went with birthdays.
"I won't be alone, I've got Grim here" she smiled petting the animated puppy as she did so a voice began to sing Happy Birthday and Andy recognised the voice immediately as that of her roomie and best friend Cyndi.

"I thought you were still tucked up in bed" she grinned sheepishly when she saw the toy horse. Andy would have to be very careful that she didn't break down in tears infront of the pair of them.
"Cyndi I love it, it's just like Sarazen actually isn't it?" she put the horse on the table out of reach of the puppy that was now flicking out a paw at it and growling slightly.
"Shhh Grim. Zuka I think you did do too fine a job on this animation stuff" she held the dog up to show Cyndi, "we have a new addition to our dorm. Well actually we have two a horse and a dog, it'll be turning in to the cuddly sanctuary soon."

Carlisle woke early that morning... Then again, he always did wake up earlier then most people. But today was special, Andy's birthday. His hand closed around the small wooden carved pendant he had made. He was sure Andy would have more then enough Jewelery and had put some spells and charms on it, with the help of his parents.. And now it could change to a hair clip a pin for your shirt or even become a tattoo like imprint on your skin.

He made his way down to the great hall, perhaps he would have breakfast and look for her in the Owlery.. if she was up. To his surprise however. There she sat, all nice and convenient with a few friends around her, getting presents at the gryffindor table. So much for the search, he thought to himself with the slightest chuckle under his breath. He made his way up behind Andy quietly before slinging his arms around her gently and pressing the carving into her hand. "Happy Birthday..". Perhaps his present was not as expensive or flashy as the others.. but he hoped she liked it.

(( The Carving :p ))

Andy felt the arms go about her and Carlisle wish her a Happy Birthday. She smiled up at him as she felt something being pressed into her hand. Looking down she saw a wooden carving of a wolf and a celtic symbol of the triquetra, a symbol she knew meant for protection, that while she wore this she as a witch would be save. Andy felt the tears in her eyes as she looked down, focusing hard so that none would fall. She would not cry today. It was bad enough that somewhere her mother was mourning the loss of Callista Andy's twin sister who had died at childbirth and was most likely mourning Andromeda as well, having given her up for dead since she became a werewolf. She would continue to wait patiently for word, any word on her families well fare. Her heart bleeding for news as every second past. Eventually she was ablet to stem the flow of tears and sadness, knew she was able to hide them from her friends who hopefully would put down any emotion to being overwhelmed today of all days. Only two others knew of what Andromeda was waiting on, Zuka sitting opposite and Bruin whose owl Legend had sent the message.

"I love it Carlisle" she leaned across and kissed him gently before turning to Zuka and Cyndi, "This is the famous Carlisle you've all been hearing about. Carlisle I want you to meet two of my best friends. This is Zazuka Bones and this is Cyndi Weasley".

Carlisle hoped she had taken on the message of its protection.. of his protection of her. For that was the deeper meaning in the whole gift. Something to tell her he would always be there when needed and she could feel safe and at home around him. He chuckled and said, "Well.. I thought you might have too many necklaces so if you hold it and think about a hair clip, wallah.. hair clip.. Same rules for shirt pin a few other things i've forgotten... Oh and if you hold it to somewhere on your skin and think same imprint.. well.. it does exactly that.. Like a tattoo" He gave a relieved sigh as he came to terms with the fact his gift was good enough for her.

His attention then turned to the two other girls who he had been introduced to just then. He gave a jester-like bow and with a chuckle he said, "A pleasure" He rose from his bow in an almost elegant fluid like way and as he smiled at them his eyes flickered gold for a perhaps a second.

Merlina had risen early not because she had wanted to but because she simply couldn't sleep. The two girls she shared a dorm with snored louder than a pack of wolves and Merlina knew that if she didn't learn how to perform 'muffliato' soon she would go insane from lack of sleep. As she entered the Great Hall wearing her uniform but slippers still on, Merlina wandered to the Ravenclaw table only to glance briefly over at the few people at the Gryffindor table. A smile spread across her face as she saw her cousin there.

"Andromeda, ciao" she called out skipping over to the table and looking at the dog, horse and carving.
"Is it your birthday?" a slight frown marred her features as she looked at the other students, all much older than her of course. She smiled at the boy remembering him from Brightstone. They had gone for ice-cream and had chatted about Andromeda.
"So you are here then? That is good."
Her English was good but all said with her thick Italian accent. Smiling at the other girls she then embraced Andromeda.
"That is my gift I did not know in time to get you anything" she took a seat beside a girl she recognised from the Ravenclaw House and smiling at her sweetly said in no uncertain terms.
"I think you are at the wrong table. I must be here, she is my cousin".

Cyndi looked on as the puppy Zuka had given to Andy began to growl at the horse. "That's a fine piece of magic." She giggled as Andy said they would be having a sanctuary in their room. As they continued talking a guy entered the Great Hall and gave Andy a present. It was a beautiful carving of what looked like a wolf. It was beautiful and when Andy introduced the guy as her boyfriend, Carlisle, Cyndi smiled at him. When he bowed at them, Cyndi giggled. "Nice to finally meet you" she added," I've heard so much about you."

Just then, another girl came over and wished Andy a happy birthday. She seemed much younger than the others and introduced herself as Andy's cousin. Cyndi returned her smile until she rudely told Zuka to move. Cyndi stared at the girl incredulously, then shook her head and pulled a plate toward her so she could have some eggs.

Andromeda looked at the carving again as Carlisle told her what it could do, that was amazing. She felt better now that she didn't have to take off Kat's chain. As she was about to touch the carving to her arm she heard her name being spoken with an Italian accent and couldn't help but smile.
"Ciao Merlina, come sta?" she asked her young cousin how she was before nodding her head, "Yeah the big old age of fifteen".
She couldn't help but stifle a giggle as the younger girl embraced her announcing that this was to be Andy's gift from her.
"Well I loved it and thank you, grazia".

Andromeda knew her cousin was as sweet as they came but also tended on the more outspoken side due to being stuck at her home for the past 11years with only the crazy Italian relations as her company, all adults. She was bound to pick up their quirks and habits. Rolling her eyes and looking pitingly at Zuka, she smiled weakly at her bestfriend.

"Merlina that is Zazuka, she has just as or quite possibly more of a right to be here than yourself. She's my bestfriend and like my sister. And this is Cyndi my other very close best friend and this is Carlisle my ... my boyfriend" she threw a wink at the handsome boy at her side, glad that Cyndi had seemed to approve so far anyhow.
"This spit fire here is my only cousin on my fathers side of the family, Merlina".

Merlina smiled once more.
"Bene, good" she replied in answer to her cousin asking how she was, though her nose was nearly put out of joint when Andromeda referred to the older girl beside her as her best friend and sister. Merlina scoffed, sometimes her mouth ran away from her. A habit she had picked up at an early age from her mother and grandmother.
"Do not be silly Andromeda, she is not your sister. Your sister died long time ago" she reached forward and picked up a piece of crusty bread and took a bite from it before looking incredulously at everyone as if she had said something wrong.
She shrugged her shoulders at them all.
"What? well she did? Did she not Andromeda? At her birth" she poured some juice for herself and sipped at it, washing down the bread as she looked at the boy.
"You never said she was your girlfriend. You should not be dating the boys you are still too young" she piped up, knowing no remorse in anything she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back