Big, Scary, Staff Table.

Aisling Finnigan

OOC First Name
Maia
Aisling walked nervously toward the staff table. She'd sat here last year, and it had been terrifying. She felt great doing her job, she liked being a nurse here. She loved children, and she'd worked in St. Mungo's England before now, but she prefered the school, it was a much more personal approach. She walked up to the table and took a seat. She always felt as though the professors would look down on her, because she was a nurse, but it's all she'd ever wanted to do, she'd never really been drawn toward teaching herself, though it was a noble profession.

She looked around, as she began eating. No one here knew her most likely. She'd always kept to herself, except possibly Professor A'Dare, she'd diagnosed her pregnancy last year, not that she'd bring that up in conversation, though if she saw her, she'd ask how the baby was. The other Professors wouldn't have a clue who she was, and it made her sad to think that. She wasn't a solitary person by nature, but she'd lost contact with all her Irish friends since moving here, and it wasn't as if she could apparate baack to see them, not with the charms that prevented apparation there. She nervously looked around, silently praying that someone would choose to talk to her.

Profesor le fey headed down to the great hall. It was a long way from her rooms but it she needed food and living off cake was not a good plan, she had already discovered that. she entered the great hall and walked towards the staff table. she always walked past the ravenclaw table as she had become so used to it over her seven years at the school. she sat at an empty seat at the staff table next to someone she hadn't seen before. "Hello, make sure that you have some of the chicken, its really good. I'm Elvera" she said offering her hand to shake. she smiled and pulled her long hair back over shoulder as it had a tendency to hang in front, but it sort of blocked her vision. "How are you anyway? looking forward to the holiday?" she said, unintentionally asking two questions consecutively, she seemed to have a tendency for that.

Aisling smiled as a woman a few years younger than her came over to sit beside her. She shook hands with her, glad someone had come to talk to her. She wanted to get to know some of the people here, she'd been here a good few years, and she still hadn't talked to many people-bar the students of course. She looked at the girl in front of her, she was pretty, and she seemed nice. She took her hand and shook it. "Aisling Finnigan, thanks for the tip." she smiled, taking some chicken onto her plate. She watched the girl beside her wondering what to say, and breathed a sigh of relief at her question. "I'm fine, looking forward to the time off-the Hospital Wing is full of people with colds, always is in the winter." she smiled, looking up at her. "What about you? Any plans?" she asked, taking a bit e of her chicken. It was lovely, but then again she'd always loved chicken. "I've seen you around before I think-you're the divination professor right?" she asked, she knew about most of the teachers from the students, but she hadn't talked to most of them.

Elvera smiled "Its great to meet you Aisling." she said taking a quick mouthful of her food. she realised that the Aisling had an irish accent, and she seemed pretty nice and friendly. "thats good to hear. i bet the hospital is pretty busy at the moment" she said.
Elvera smiled again when Aisling asked what her plans were over the holiday. "well my sister has just had a daughter, so i am looking forward to spending time with them. and i am going to work in the eye and give morgan a well earned break" she said referring to the shop that she hand her mother ran. "thats right, well one of them, i teach fifth and sixth years. your the nurse aren't you?" she said. she had huge respect for healers and nurses, she would never become one as it wasn't the branch of magic she was confident in.

"You too." she agreed, after swallowing. She was happy to find that her social skills hadn't completely evaporated. "Yeah, but it's slightly better than usual this year." she grinned in response, it was true, it was hectic, but not as hectic as usual. "Aw, that's adorable!" she exclaimed, her smile widening, she loved babies, she had a niece and nephew from her twin sister-they were just so cute! "Do you mean the inner eye?" she asked, hearing her mention "the eye." she'd seen the shop a few times, but she barely had any time to shop, most of her clothes were ones she'd had for years. Thankfully, she'd had quite a big wardrobe before coming here. "Yeah, I've been here, um three years now I think?" she answered, not sure how long she'd been there. She'd never seen Elvera before, when she was in school, because she knew that she was a new teacher, it was hard not to hear all the news in a place like Hogwarts.

Elvera nodded and smiled. Its good to hear that it is slightly better than normal this year, it must mean that you are doing a good job." she complimented. she was one of the students who stayed inside and didn't do anything reckless, so she hadn't needed the hospital wing much, just a couple of dosages of pepper up potion. "yeah, she is called Aine, and she is so sweet, and growing so fast " she said, now both of the girls eyes were green. when she had been born she had had one green and one purple, like her and morgan but now they were the same as Edens. Elvera was surprised when Aisling recognised the name of the shop. "thats the one, have you been in there before?" she said, she hadn't recognised her from the previous year but she may have missed her, or she may have gone there whilst she was still at school. "you must have been here whilst i was a student, wow, i only graduated the year before last, and this is my first time teaching" she said. teaching had been scary at first, she was the second youngest teacher in the school, but the one with the least age gap to her students as professor Stratis only had first years, so they wouldn't remember him from years passed, not that he even went to this school. she had expected it to be hard to keep the classes remembering that she was a professor even if she was young, but her sixth years had been nice to her and she was sure her fifth years would be too.

Aisling smiled, and a faint blush spread on her cheeks, though it was hardly noticeable. she was proud of her work in the hospital wing. She'd made a good few changes, but she wasn't used to praise. the only people she'd ever accepted praise from were her parents, well her adoptive parents. It still hurt when she thought of them. She'd grown up sure of them, she was part of them, but then to find out the truth, and so soon after their deaths. It had been hard.
"Aine-that's a lovely name." she replied, smiling, it was a familiar name, she'd known a few Aine's back in Ireland, but here-it was probably very uncommon. "I haven't been inside, I hardly have any time for shopping, but I was in Brightstone getting Ingredients, and it caught my eye." she answered. The shop was unusual, it had an intresting window display, which was had prompted her to stop and look at it. She was shocked that the girl had only graduated two years ago, she didn't look that young. "It must be weird for you-being back here?" she asked, she imagined it must be nice, she always missed Hogwarts Scotland when she thought about her childhood. She'd spent so much time there, it was where she'd become an adult. Hogwarts had shaped so much of who she was today.

Elvera saw Aisling blush slightly. she guessed most people forgot about the staff at the school who weren't professors, the nurses, librarian, game keeper, and caretaker etc. she had done. "I thought that it was a novelty name too. the irish goddess of love and fertility i have heard." she said. that was what she remembered Eden saying it meant when she had named her. "I guess it does stand out, especially when it is near to Vibez, and makatu music" she said. she realised that it was the only old looking shop, the rest were sleek new ones. maybe it would have fitted better in obsidian or brightstone, but she was sure that the rent there was higher and they had only just been making ends meet. hence why she had returned to the castle to teach.
she laughed slightly when Aisling said that i must have been odd for her. "yeah, when i started i kept siting at the ravenclaw table, to many odd looks, i can tell you that, apparently professors are meant to sit up here" she said still laughing slightly. she had gotten used to sitting up at the end of the hall, although she did often feel like she was on display where as the students blended into anonymity. "what plans do you have for the break?" she asked, she felt like the conversation had been all on her and she wanted to get to know the nurse better, it would be nice to have some more friends around the castle, it would be nice to have some more friends end of.

"Yeah, you're right." she smiled, he loved Irish, but she had no-one to speak to here, and she missed it. She'd spent time in the Gaeltacht as a teenager, just after she graduated, she'd spent a year there, and the Irish had never really left her. Aisling nodded in agreement as she spoke about the shop. She might go in there next time she was in the Mall. That world still felt strange. Mall would always be "shopping Centre" in her head. She looked at the girl. She was so young, and it must be scary for her. God knows she'd been scared when she first left home for London. She missed home, even though it wasn't really there anymore. She owned the house-her parents had left it to her, but..it wasn't the same.

"Yes, I suppose it must get confusing, especially when you're teaching in your old school." she replied. She was glad she'd gone to Hogwarts Scotland, nobody here really knew her and she liked it that way. "Well, I'll probably see my sister, and go back to Ireland for a while if I'm lucky. I've a lot of sorrting out to do back home." she replied, she hadn't really thought about it before, but that was what she was ggoing to do. She missed home, Ireland, and she did need to get back for a while, to clear her head.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry wrong account, it is meant to be Elvera, I really must stop changing accounts in one tab whilst replying to a topic in another

Elvera was glad that she remembered the meaning of the name right, her twin did have a good taste in names, but then she had a good taste in most things. her time at the school, although she loved it, meant that she didn't see her family much, she was pretty sure her holiday wold mainly be in the shop, so that Morgan could have Aine, and Eden could have a break. she didn't mind, she loved the shop, she felt that miracles could happen there. "you get used to it, and you get to know things about the castle as a student that you never know as a professor, and the way around the castle is instinctive so no getting lost" she said. this included secret passageways, as well as the social workings of the students. although admittedly she wasn't that clued up on the later as she had never been a social person at school, and even if she had most of the people she had known would have left. "that sounds nice, Ireland has always sounded like a nice place maybe one day i will go there." she said. Aislings break sounded like a good holiday, similar maybe to hers. but when you spent so much time in the school family was always missed and visiting them was always a good plan. "is your sister older or younger?" she asked more out of curiosity than anything.

Aisling smiled as she thought about the little child. She liked kids, that's why she'd taken the job here. She looked over at Elvera, for the first time noticing the colour of her eyes. They were entrancing. The contrast in colours was amazing. She couldn't imagine how it had come about, but it was beautiful to look at. She didn't want to seem as though she was staring. She looked back at her plate off food and took another bite, nodding as Elvera talked. She swallowed quickly. "It'd be annoying I suppose, trying to find classes, and ending up in the Dungeons." she replied, sitting back up straight.

"Yeah, it's a beautiful country, especially the West, but there's a lot of rain." she smiled. She liked the rain, even though it was a hindrance most of the time. Rain was clean and new, and it washed all the world's badness away. She smiled at the thought of it. Her mother used to take her for walks in the rain when she was younger, heavily wrapped in jumpers and raincoats. She used to jump in all the puddles. She snapped out of her daydream as Elvera asked her a question. "Well, she's my twin...but first we weren't twins...and now we are." she replied, then realising her answer made no sense, she rephrased the answer. "Well, I was adopted, and then I found I had a twin..Caysi." she answered. Then she blushed as she realised how much information she'd just doled out. She didn't like talking about herself too much, but when it came to her adoption, the whole thing still confused her, never mind anyone else.

Elvera remembered her first days at the castle, she had gotten lost a fair few times herself, but sometimes the getting lost was good, she had founds a very useful passageway between the top of the ravenclaw tower just outside the common room to the top of north tower which probably cut out at least 100 stairs. albeit it wasn't useful on the scheme of things, but she had loved the north tower, and still went there as a professor, but she had always loved the view from the top. "yes, it is understandable if a first year gets lost, but for a professor it is just embarrassing." she said briefly wondering how Icarus had coped. but she guessed what quidditch pitch wasn't hard to find. and he tended to fly most places, using windows as doors. when Aisling said that the west was the best place to go she nodded. "I will remember that, and i will make sure i pack an umbrella then" she said. she liked the rain, light showers and heavy storms.
she chuckled slightly when Aisling told her story. "sorry i didn't mean to be impolite, but I know exactly what you mean, in fact it sounds a lot like Edens story, except she was more abducted than adopted. It was funny that we were pretty close friends before we worked out that we were twins" she said still surprised that their stories were somewhat similar. in fact it was this very room where she had found out about her sisters, her eyes flicked towards the spot where they had been at the time. it was the same day that her gift had finally shown as the news had broken the enchantment on her suppressing it.

Aisling had found it hard to find her way around the castle at first, but luckily she spent most of her time in the Hospital wing. Also, the castle was very like Hogwarts Scotland, even if it had a different layout and the accents were different, more casual that the crisp English she was used to. She closed her eyes momentarily, her hair covering her face and thought about her old school. she'd always loved the lake, ever since her first year. she'd always loved being there, and swimming there. She and her friends used to paddle their feet in the shallows after exams to cool down in the Summer. She snapped back at Elvera's comment and laughed slightly. It would be embarrassing for a Professor to get lost. "I can see it now. "Sorry I'm late class, but I fell down the trick step in the staircase, I had to wait half an hour for some first years to fish me out."" She laughed, she was glad she'd never had to be anywhere on time in the castle. She hadn't gotten used to the castle for months. She grinned as Elvera mentioned an umbrella. "You'll need one." she smiled, it was true, it was likely to begin raining at any time in Ireland. "You have a twin too? That's really cool!" she replied, she knew that she often sounded younger than she was, but she couldn't help it. She was mature, but she spent so much time with children and teenagers, that their slang and attitudes were beginning to rub off on her.

Elvera laughed at the scenario put across, "I think that if that happened you would loose all respect that the students ever held to you." she said still tittering, she was glad that that had not happened to her, although she had some problems getting used to her new position especially as she had known some of her students from when she had been in their position. "maybe two, and some willies." she said, she felt comfortable around Aisling, it was nice to make friends. "yes I'm a twin, it was an amazing surprise when i found out" she said truthfully, before taking another mouthful of her pumpkin juice.

She laughed at Elvera's response. It was nice to have some light-hearted conversation with someone. She was a people's person at heart, but it had been so long since she'd been around people, that she felt cut off from the world. To find she had something to talk about with this girl was a good feeling. "The majority of the student are quiet nice though. There are just the few who cause problems." she commented, her eyes unconciously slipping toward the Slytherin table. She had been in Gryffindor when she was in school, and old animosities died slowly. She'd known a good few Slytherins when she was in school, and the majority of them had been bullies and ruffians though there were a few who were like gold among rust. She laughed at Elvera's comment about wellies, her thoughts leaving the negative zone they'd been inhabiting. "I'd advise that yes. And if you're there-you should visit the burren, it's a very intresting area." It was a karst outcrop in the West of Ireland. A beautiful place. "Same, it was enough finding out I had a new family, but that I had a twin as well. It was such a shock." she replied, thinking about the day she'd found out. It had been such a confusing time. She still found that she thought of her adoptive parents as "Mam" and "Dad."

Elvera was pleased at herself for being so open one year at the shop had done wonders for her social skills that seven at the castle didn't. "I found the same, I even found most of the slytherins nice." she said she realised that it did sound rather housest but slytherin did have a reputation for being arrogant at the best of times and down right evil at the worst. though thinking about it she was sure the ravenclaws were the house they on the whole got along best with as they had a strong rivalry with the lions and found hufflepuff weak ad thus easy targets.
at the recommendation of a place to visit she nodded"the burren, right, got it" she said. maybe she would be able to go for a visit next holidays when it was summer in the northern hemisphere. she hadnt had a proper holiday since her seventh year. "I can imagine, for me three major things happened within an hour that day, first graduating school, then finding out that eden was my twin, and then is if to top it off, i had my first vision." she said reviling her gift as a seer to the lady, it wasn't that she kept it a secret, but it was not something that was normal part of an introduction. Hello I am Elvera, and i am a seer would be a lot to intimidate people.

"I know, back home it was different. In Scotland, there was a lot of that whole "Mudblood" stuff going around for a while." Aisling replied, it had been terrible. She herself was a half-blood, so she didn't go through tha much, but she'd had muggleborn friends who got teased a lot. It was such a terrible thing to say. She'd always found it was the Slytherins who did most of the name-calling, but that was probably ust the old enmity still in her. She made sure she didn't treat students here differently, but when she was in shool, there had been maor rivalry between the two houses. It was much calmer here.

Aisling laughed at Evera's comment. "Whoa, that's a lot to take in at one time, you must've been so confused!" she sympathized, she couldn't imagine having to go through that. She wasn't that alarmed that Elvera was a seer, she was the divination teacher after all-it kind of mde sense. It woud've been a pretty stressful time to get your first vision though, striaght after finding out you had a twin.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry-rubbish :/

"I dont think we get it too bad here, there just tends to be a few slytherin gangs, but no real dramas, i think the dark elites are the ones at the moment, in my year it was the goth gang but they broke up, and the glam squad from a year or so above, who were always fighting, it stopped ages ago though" she remembered, although her sense of style was slightly gothic she had never been part of that gang although she had been friends with two of the members. she had been too shy, and not outrageous enough.
Elvera laughed, "wel i knew graduation was coming so that wasn't a surprise, and half my family has been seers do that too wasn't too much of a shock, just little surprising. it was the family thing that was the big news" she said. it was a weird family thing, there had been a seer every generation for as long as it could be tracked, the difference was with her generation there were two. elveras plate emptied its self an she spent no time taking a bowlful of fruit salad to take its place. she couldn't think of much else to say so she just ate for a minute enjoying the crisp crunch and sweet juice of the fruit.
OOCOut of Character:
well that is just as bad, if not worse. and i swear i am digging some stuff from the past that ought not be dug up

"The Dark Elites? We never had names, there were just gangs who used to go around, bullying the younger kids, there was really heavy rivalry between us and the Slytherins back then." she replied, it wasn't good to think that bullies werw now naming themselves. also, the Dark Elites sounded a bit tooo much like "Death Eaters." for her liking. For her, there had always been complete house rivalry, with very few exceptions, but here it seemed there were only small groups who disliked each other.

"Yeah, I mean it's a big thing to find out." she replied, as the plates disappeared. Aisling took a slice of chocolate cake, not too big, as she didn't want to seem greedy, but she'd always had a thing for chocolate. "So, is it hard trying to work with people who used to teach you?" she asked, realising that the like of Professor Styx and Professor Kingsle must have taught Elvera at some stage.

"i sometimes think it is more a name and ego booster than any actual bullying. well at least most of the time." she said. although she wasn't entirely sure. she didn't know how the gangs worked, she didn't even know how dark some of the students of slyrtherin house were, or even that her own sister was a death eater. but as she didn't know that she didn't think about it. instead she was thinking about how nice and fresh the fruit tasted.
"I guess it was, it was certainly a day that i will remember forever" she said. sure that her graduation must be one of the most memorable ones ever. "It is odd, i still think of the teachers as professor whoever. however some of them are easier to see as colleagues, especially the ones who i never had for a class." she said. the number of times she had gone and said Excuse me professor weasley to cyndi was embarrassing. for starters she was now professor Kingsley, and for seconds she was able to call her by her first name Cyndi. "why did you pick here to work, not somewhere closer to home, which i am guessing is ireland" she asked. curious to why people from abroad had chosen to work here.

"Yeah, I've thought so too, but some of them just relish causing pain." she replied grimly. She looked over at Elvera, trying to gauge her reaction. She knew that a lot of the bullies were just wanna-be's, but some of them were just bad to the core, though they were the minority. She took a bite of the chocolate cake. It was rich, and heavy and absolutely mouthwatering. She swallowed, and turned to Elvera. "Ahh, the fatty goodness." she smiled, winking at her. She loved chocolate, so much.
She smiled at her resonse. She knew it was hard trying to get your head around it. It was weird, finsing out soemthing so personal about yourself. "Yeah, I guess it would be hard. If I were to meet some of my professors.." she answered, smiling. She still thought of them as scary and big. She wouldn't be able to speak to them as adults.
She thought for a minute before answering the question. "Well, I wanted to be near Caysi. I have no family left in Ireland, and I knew I'd probably lose touch with my old friends, but I felt it was a risk worth taking, to get to know her." she answered, finally. She was glad she'd moved. "I used to work in St. Mungo's-London, but here, I wanted to try something new, and I decided to try for Hogwarts." she added, seeing that she hadn't properly answered the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back