Bi-Weekly Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Hello my lovelies! I am a le' purple again and it's great to be able to bring you this Bi-Weekly Update! I've got a fair bit to get through, so bare with me as we go through all the exciting things happening!
SORTING!
I for one, am super duper excited that it's sorting time again, although I usually always am. It's quite under way already, but you still have plenty of time to sort yourselves a new character or three! :woot:
All the information you need to know is right Here!, so be sure to check it out, see what Houses people are getting sorted into, and see if you can guess what the unsorted's will be before Mr. Sorting Hat does his job!
Minister For Magic!
This is a very exciting time for NZ, as most of you will know, we are getting a new Minister for Magic! We have four wonderful candidates, and they've already began their campaigning! All of the information about the candidates are in this topic, so make sure you scope them out, follow (and reply to!) their campaigning, and decided who you are going to vote for to have as our new Minister!
End of Y20/Beginning of Y21
So the End of Y20 has pretty much already come and gone, and we are almost in our new year! The lovely Cyndi has outlined everything you need to know in This topic, so head over to have a look!
As the new year is beginning, go have a look at your House's Meeting's and get involved in the fun and craziness! Each House has their own meeting up, so whether your character is the type to hug Professor Styx ( :r ) or just hang in the back, get your character in for some fun!
Sign-Ups for Clubs should be opening soon as well, so have a look at those and sign on up to the ones your character fits :)
Professor Applications
As we are going into our new year, it calls for some new Professors. We have quite a few positions available, so if you think you have the time and willingness to be a Professor, head over to our Applications page and apply with your character!
New Prefects and HeadGirl/Boy!
A huge congratulations to our new prefects for this year, Sergei Zhefarovich and Sage Ottavi for Slytherin, Emalia Aria & Ferdinand Oakley for Ravenclaw, Caroline Beckett and Arianna Nightray for Gryffindor and Hanna Mitchelle Freecss and Valentina Baros for Hufflepuff!
Also a massive congratulations to our new Head Girl and Head Boy, Ai Edogawa and Raziel Kim! Awesome job to everyone, keep up the great work, and don't let us down! :p (Just kidding) (But seriously.)
New Deputy Headpeople!
Another massive congratulations is in order! We have two Deputy Headpeople! Way to go *Professor Takuya Blaze and *Professor Elvera Le Fey on your promotions, we look forward to causing trouble for you around the school! :r Thanks for all the hard work you guys do ^_^

New Site Graphics!
Very wow! Much amaze! Thanks to the always amazing Emzies, our site board has a special touch to it, telling us that Slytherin has (yet again!) won the House Cup! It looks absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see what the other houses look like (hint hint)! If you haven't yet spotted it, have a look on the [default] logo at the top of the board, and all the way down the bottom for a pretty and sparkley surprise!
Graphics?!
On the note of Graphics, and with the new year starting and a lot of new characters, there are a whole lot of Graphics Requests! I encourage everyone to have a go at helping someone out and creating a Graphic for them, you never know, you may be the next...Picasso....? ;) ;)
Gradebook Upgrade
For those of you who didn't see/read the announcement, our lovely Nick has done a 'minor' Gradebook Upgrade! In a nutshell, Professors are now able to add required items that Third Year and aboves need to do the class. For more information on this exciting update, head on over Here to have a look ^_^
Applications Closed!
Because of all the Sorting craziness, applications are still currently closed. We appreciate your patience during this time, and will let you know when you can apply for all sorts of crazy stuff again!
OOC Superlatives
A huge thanks to Pat and the rest of the staff for tallying up the Superlatives. The results are now posted, so have a look Here to see if you've won anything! :woot:
Character Spotlight!
This month, the lovely Aliyah Wright was chosen to be our Spotlighted Character! Aliyah is RPed by the fantastic Anna Lee, so make sure you head on over to the Announcement to check out Anna Lee's amazing work that she has done with her character. Congratulations!​
[ul][li]Come Meet Kingsley
Cameron Kingsley goes to the Harbour to meet potential voters and answer questions.</LI>

[li]Kaster for Minister
Carter is out in Makutu Mall to campaign since receiving official notice of his candidacy.

[li]First Public Appearance
The first public appearance of Ms. Brandt.

[li]Meet a Candidate!
Mikhail braves the cold to meet voters near the school.
[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]More sorting?!
[li]The start of a new year
[li]Classes! :woot:
[li]ACCIO!
<LI>[li]Elections!
[/li][/ul]Wow that was crazy! Thanks for reading! As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, don't hesitate to leave a comment! ^_^

Donna :donna:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

There is so much going on!
Thanks for posting this and welcome back! ^_^

Yay! Updates!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back